Is the South seceding? And does the federal executive/legislative branches support it?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:40:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Is the South seceding? And does the federal executive/legislative branches support it?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Is the South seceding? And does the federal executive/legislative branches support it?  (Read 1874 times)
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: May 11, 2023, 04:38:54 PM »

Didn't want to create another thread, here seemed good enough for something south related-

Hadn't noticed it before, it's rather... "interesting" what the South's legislative process has devolved to. A bill thread is posted, YT instantly declares his "legislative prerogative" whatever the fck that is and the bill instantly passes unopposed.

What a unique take on the legislative process! Clearly taking inspiration from the National People's Congress or the Volkshammer.

I can now see why meme maroon communists are offering critical support to YT on his quest to destroy the Republic Tongue
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #51 on: May 11, 2023, 06:24:15 PM »

Didn't want to create another thread, here seemed good enough for something south related-

Hadn't noticed it before, it's rather... "interesting" what the South's legislative process has devolved to. A bill thread is posted, YT instantly declares his "legislative prerogative" whatever the fck that is and the bill instantly passes unopposed.

What a unique take on the legislative process! Clearly taking inspiration from the National People's Congress or the Volkshammer.

I can now see why meme maroon communists are offering critical support to YT on his quest to destroy the Republic Tongue

I cannot unpack this on my phone but it's less useful to look at this ideologically and more in terms of attitude toward the game. In that sense the SNP share the same motivation as the Dengists, the AAD crowd and AtlasforumIRC. They all hated the game, they all have a dismissive view of most of the people who play it hence the lack of qualms about trollish behavior, and a strong desire to take it from the "nerds/furies" and/or destroy it with a very vague concept of a replacement, if at all, that usually lacks much in the credibility department.

If we were ever to get the whole of sexit, and were to compare it to Dengcord, I would bet they read very similarly.

I have said it a million times, the who in any given situation is less important than what those people represent in that context.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #52 on: May 13, 2023, 11:42:46 PM »

If somehow he said "yes, Griff, I agree to restore the Republic in its entirety and reestablish democracy" and then actually delivered

I'm genuinely glad to see others speaking out about this. In the above statement (underlined), this was exactly what I was referring to specifically: one year terms even by themselves are intolerable, let alone the practical (or actual) inability to recall.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #53 on: May 13, 2023, 11:46:04 PM »

If somehow he said "yes, Griff, I agree to restore the Republic in its entirety and reestablish democracy" and then actually delivered

I'm genuinely glad to see others speaking out about this. In the above statement (underlined), this was exactly what I was referring to specifically: one year terms even by themselves are intolerable, let alone the practical (or actual) inability to recall.

With the HoB having the authority to amend the constitution by unanimous vote without consulting the voters its even worse than that, because they can just extend the term lengths via unanimous vote and never hold another election.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #54 on: May 13, 2023, 11:50:03 PM »

With the HoB having the authority to amend the constitution by unanimous vote without consulting the voters its even worse than that, because they can just extend the term lengths via unanimous vote and never hold another election.

Sorry: I meant to quote this in your thread! Transferring now.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies