SUP URGES A NO VOTE - PROTECT YOUR CONSTITUIONAL RIGHTS
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 03:40:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SUP URGES A NO VOTE - PROTECT YOUR CONSTITUIONAL RIGHTS
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SUP URGES A NO VOTE - PROTECT YOUR CONSTITUIONAL RIGHTS  (Read 403 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 12, 2023, 01:07:30 AM »

The criminal discord conspiracy continues its quest to turn the South into a dictatorship, presently at vote is a package of electoral changes that will strip you of the right to recall elected officials.

Elected officials who now serve ONE YEAR TERMS!, will have absolutely no accountability to the voters at all.

This is pure madness born of the depths of hell, by which I mean discord.

I encourage all Southerners of principle, who have not checked their brains at the door to become the brain dead lapdogs of a criminal conspiracy, to stand up for your rights and VOTE NO!!!
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2023, 01:12:28 AM »

These SELF SERVING CROOKS will stop at nothing to keep lining their pockets with YOUR tax dollars.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2023, 02:20:57 AM »
« Edited: May 12, 2023, 04:42:16 AM by Atlasian AG Punxsutawney Phil »

I like the renaming things in this amendment. But removing the right to recall doesn't pass the smell test and would be a step in the backwards direction. Our regional President is very unlikely to be removed from office through recall in circumstances in which he does not deserve it.
These two things should have been separated.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2023, 11:02:33 AM »

I like the renaming things in this amendment. But removing the right to recall doesn't pass the smell test and would be a step in the backwards direction. Our regional President is very unlikely to be removed from office through recall in circumstances in which he does not deserve it.

These are the same people that buried a "new relationship" referendum among ten other referendums.

When all you have to do is DM a vote list to people on discord, you don't really care about public advocacy, public awareness and/or public debate.

At its heart, this is not a secession crisis, it is a discord crisis manifesting at this time as a secession crisis.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2023, 11:50:22 PM »

If somehow he said "yes, Griff, I agree to restore the Republic in its entirety and reestablish democracy" and then actually delivered

I'm genuinely glad to see others speaking out about this. In the above statement (underlined), this was exactly what I was referring to specifically: one year terms even by themselves are intolerable, let alone the practical (or actual) inability to recall.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2023, 12:59:48 AM »

If somehow he said "yes, Griff, I agree to restore the Republic in its entirety and reestablish democracy" and then actually delivered

I'm genuinely glad to see others speaking out about this. In the above statement (underlined), this was exactly what I was referring to specifically: one year terms even by themselves are intolerable, let alone the practical (or actual) inability to recall.

With the HoB having the authority to amend the constitution by unanimous vote without consulting the voters its even worse than that, because they can just extend the term lengths via unanimous vote and never hold another election.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2023, 01:08:34 AM »

These are the same people that buried a "new relationship" referendum among ten other referendums.

When all you have to do is DM a vote list to people on discord, you don't really care about public advocacy, public awareness and/or public debate.

At its heart, this is not a secession crisis, it is a discord crisis manifesting at this time as a secession crisis.
I must say, I'm not only fine with more of the game on the forum as opposed to Discord, but I'm favorable even towards exploring requiring elected officials to have an office thread.
Bring more of the game onto the forum. SNP or anti-SNP alike should be up for that.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies