Tribute to TimTurner
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 05:28:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Tribute to TimTurner
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Tribute to TimTurner  (Read 327 times)
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 23, 2023, 01:19:11 AM »

Tonight, the South finally voted out their last Laborite representative. Feds and their close allies will now enjoy their first-ever (at least post-reset) unanimous control of a region.

Math: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/975401165053374545/1066959563993129030/rn_image_picker_lib_temp_37cd662f-e9c2-4e61-b3fd-7e84c9afd2fa.jpg

It's the beginning of a new era for the South, as they have also voted to begin negotiations on secession from Atlasia.

Share your memories of TimTurner here.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2023, 01:37:46 AM »

Tim is a treasure, even if he did stop the permanent extension of the Monkeypox Act.
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2023, 12:33:05 PM »

At this point, I'm probably going to leave the south. The secession thing specifically is the last straw.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2023, 05:01:41 AM »

Poor Tim served many years in the South without interruption (I want to say since 2016-17, but my memory is fuzzy; I feel like he's always been there). Guess it was finally time for the Southern Reactionaries to purge him, along with their plans to purge the Supreme Court and their loyalty to the nation.

Really an absolute shame given he's likely the person who's contributed the most to the region at this point than any other individual. Regional loyalty only goes so far, it seems.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2023, 05:40:43 AM »

Poor Tim served many years in the South without interruption (I want to say since 2016-17, but my memory is fuzzy; I feel like he's always been there). Guess it was finally time for the Southern Reactionaries to purge him, along with their plans to purge the Supreme Court and their loyalty to the nation.

Really an absolute shame given he's likely the person who's contributed the most to the region at this point than any other individual. Regional loyalty only goes so far, it seems.
My first run for regional office was pre-reset in the Southeast, but I dropped out.
I ran again in June 2017 (iirc) and made history as a victorious write-in candidate, serving alongside Fhtagn, with NeverAgain as governor as part of a Labor trifecta. Iirc, JustinTimeCuber (Mr. Rubiks cube champion) was another of the Labor elected delegates in that election, but my memory could be confusing me here. He would run for Speaker, unsuccessfully, later that year.
It goes without saying a lot of time has passed since then.
If memory serves me right here, we've since had, in succession: Leinad, Tmth, YT, MB, WestMidlander, Leinad again, myself, LT, (I feel like I'm missing a name here?), and now YT again.
None of this was with the aid of the wiki, so bits of this I almost certainly got wrong.
(God, in many ways I'm sort of the Other Labor counterpart to Yankee, ain't I?)
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2023, 06:27:37 AM »
« Edited: January 24, 2023, 06:32:23 AM by Adam Griffin »

My first run for regional office was pre-reset in the Southeast, but I dropped out.
I ran again in June 2017 (iirc) and made history as a victorious write-in candidate, serving alongside Fhtagn, with NeverAgain as governor as part of a Labor trifecta. Iirc, JustinTimeCuber (Mr. Rubiks cube champion) was another of the Labor elected delegates in that election, but my memory could be confusing me here. He would run for Speaker, unsuccessfully, later that year.
If memory serves me right here, we've since had, in succession: Leinad, Tmth, YT, MB, WestMidlander, Leinad again, myself, LT, (I feel like I'm missing a name here?), and now YT again.
None of this was with the aid of the wiki, so bits of this I almost certainly got wrong.

Between you & PiT, I'm thinking you're in the Top 2 of longest-serving [Dirty South/IDS/Southern/whatever new name might have passed now] regional office-holders (consecutively or otherwise!). Might even be in the Top 3 longest-serving regional office-holders from any past or present region period (only other one that possibly rivals this that comes to mind is Inks)!
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2023, 06:35:40 AM »

Between you, PiT and Yankee, I'm thinking you're in the Top 3 of longest-serving [Southeastern/IDS/Southern/whatever new name might have passed now] regional office-holders (consecutively or otherwise!). Might even be in the Top 5 longest-serving regional office-holders from any past or present region period!
It wouldn't surprise me.
Fyi, funnily enough, for all the things that the referendums encompassed, the regional name was one thing completely untouched. We did have a referendum on renaming the Governor "Lord Protector", but it failed to pass.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2023, 12:32:26 PM »

TPH was governor for the last few weeks as LT had joined the Senate. Similarly, you had a brief tenure in February 2019 between Tmth's resignation to assume the presidency and the special that elected YT.
Liminal Trans Girl
Lawer
United States

P P P
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2023, 11:11:38 PM »

I'll move to a different state if the South Secedes
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies