2023 Philadelphia mayoral election megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:29:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  2023 Philadelphia mayoral election megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2023 Philadelphia mayoral election megathread  (Read 9595 times)
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.91

P P P

« on: January 23, 2023, 09:32:53 AM »

Domb is the only guy I've been seeing on TV.
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2023, 02:19:17 PM »

At-large City Councilmember David Oh is running as a Republican. Probably the best they can hope for minus a billionaire Bloomberg type.
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2023, 04:09:50 PM »

It's pretty crazy that we're entering March and we still have yet to have anyone with any sort of real momentum. Jeff Brown may technically be top in the polls purely bc he has spent the most money / has TV ads running. The rest of the field has yet to break out.

Gun to my head I think Gym's got the lead because of her ability to (likely, barring Rhynhart or Maria Quiñones-Sánchez or Derek Green surging) mop up white progressives with the rest of the field splitting White moderates, Hispanics, and the multiple blocs of Black voters. SixtySix Wards and that recent Inquirer article provide great breakdowns of the size of each major constituency. That said, major union endorsements help Brown and Parker, and the latter has strong support in higher-turnout Black NW wards. Going to be a super interesting race until the primary.

Thaks for discussing the Ward website.....shows the areas where Republicans do well in Philadelphia, etc.

https://jtannen.shinyapps.io/wardportal/
Packer Park should be your next vacation spot. Racist Italian neighborhood which went 75% for Trump.
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2023, 09:12:23 PM »

I think Oh could make it competitive if Gym is the nominee.
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2023, 04:18:10 PM »

Philadelphia Inquirer endorses Rebecca Rhynhart
https://www.inquirer.com/opinion/editorials/rebecca-rhynhart-mayor-100-endorsement-democratic-primary-20230402.html
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2023, 08:33:00 AM »

Well and it's all about coalitions. Parker also won because she got a huge share of the black vote, while Domb got the whiter northeast moderate/conservative vote, and Rhynhart and Gym basically split the white/progressive/young vote.

Parker did horrendously with white voters it looks like, but black voters were unanimously with her, which helped her break out.

I thought it was pretty funny that a majority of wealthy voters split between Gym and Rhynhart.
Not surprising
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies