2023 Philadelphia mayoral election megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:41:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  2023 Philadelphia mayoral election megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2023 Philadelphia mayoral election megathread  (Read 9588 times)
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« on: January 22, 2023, 02:09:04 AM »

It’s a very real possibility that Philadelphia, a city with 8% Asian population, ends up having an election between two Asian American candidates. David Oh is the likely only republican to jump in, whereas Helen Gym has a lot of progressives lined behind her.

Polling wise there’s been just one poll having Jeff Brown out in the lead.

Amen Brown has two endorsements from a former state senator and the former speaker of the PA house, both of whom are convicted felons.

Mike Stack, the Lt. Governor ousted by Fetterman, is running as an independent.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2023, 06:02:40 PM »

I think Brown is the favorite for now given how far ahead he is in the only poll we have so far.

Eh I don’t know how much we can read into it as it is a straw poll and those are pretty inaccurate but who knows ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2023, 11:32:25 AM »

Maria Quiñones Sanchez has suspended her campaign.

Former city councilmember Maria Quiñones Sánchez announced she will be suspending her campaign for mayor.

Maria Quiñones Sánchez was running for the Democratic nomination in the Philadelphia mayoral race. This announcement comes ahead of the May 16 primaries.

"I am sorry to be suspending my campaign. I ran for mayor because I've lived every challenge this city faces, and with my policy and legislative experience, I felt I could tackle our city's challenges head-on," said Maria Quiñones Sánchez in a statement sent out on Easter Sunday.

Unfortunate, especially because she was the only Latina in the race.

Shes not the only one, there’s Sandra Cano (Colombian) and Sabina Matos (Dominican). Ana Quezada (Dominican too) has filed paperwork to run

leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2023, 12:24:36 PM »

Maria Quiñones Sanchez has suspended her campaign.

Former city councilmember Maria Quiñones Sánchez announced she will be suspending her campaign for mayor.

Maria Quiñones Sánchez was running for the Democratic nomination in the Philadelphia mayoral race. This announcement comes ahead of the May 16 primaries.

"I am sorry to be suspending my campaign. I ran for mayor because I've lived every challenge this city faces, and with my policy and legislative experience, I felt I could tackle our city's challenges head-on," said Maria Quiñones Sánchez in a statement sent out on Easter Sunday.

Unfortunate, especially because she was the only Latina in the race.

Shes not the only one, there’s Sandra Cano (Colombian) and Sabina Matos (Dominican). Ana Quezada (Dominican too) has filed paperwork to run

Might have your threads mixed up here Tongue

oops thought I was in Rhode Island
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2023, 10:22:27 AM »

I assume Parker is the heavy favorite? Does Oh have any chance? I've heard rumors he might.

If everything but far north and far south Phili falls into the ocean he might have a chance
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies