2023 Philadelphia mayoral election megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:12:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  2023 Philadelphia mayoral election megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8
Author Topic: 2023 Philadelphia mayoral election megathread  (Read 9600 times)
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: April 13, 2023, 08:46:26 AM »

Oh, and the FOP is apparently endorsing Brown which.... is not a good thing for him here lol.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #51 on: April 13, 2023, 02:28:17 PM »

Derek Green has dropped out.
VPH
vivaportugalhabs
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -0.17

« Reply #52 on: April 14, 2023, 06:54:22 AM »

Unfortunate that Green didn't catch on because he was one of the best candidates in the race. Hopefully he runs for DA when that office comes up for a vote.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #53 on: April 14, 2023, 09:13:08 AM »

City Council leader Darryl Clarke has endorsed Cherelle Parker. Parker may actually be the frontrunner at this point. Funny because early on, she was my favorite. Would be amazing to have not just a woman, but a black woman as mayor. Some of her comments from the other night still don't sit well with me, but I still think she's a great option.
Duke of York

« Reply #54 on: April 14, 2023, 10:04:36 AM »

City Council leader Darryl Clarke has endorsed Cherelle Parker. Parker may actually be the frontrunner at this point. Funny because early on, she was my favorite. Would be amazing to have not just a woman, but a black woman as mayor. Some of her comments from the other night still don't sit well with me, but I still think she's a great option.
I'd be fine with her winning the primary. Has Philadelphia ever had a woman mayor?
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #55 on: April 14, 2023, 10:13:37 AM »

I'd be fine with her winning the primary. Has Philadelphia ever had a woman mayor?

Nope! And it would certainly be fitting since this would be Philly's 100th mayor.
Duke of York

« Reply #56 on: April 14, 2023, 10:32:44 AM »

Nope! And it would certainly be fitting since this would be Philly's 100th mayor.

That would certainly make that milestone even more significant.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #57 on: April 14, 2023, 11:33:32 AM »

Oh, and the FOP is apparently endorsing Brown which.... is not a good thing for him here lol.
White ethnic Philly would go for a Black mayor...they did it with Nutter....
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #58 on: April 20, 2023, 01:29:53 AM »

DA Vega agrees that the FOP is a valuable endorsement.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #59 on: April 20, 2023, 10:48:31 AM »

We're finally getting a poll next Friday!

wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #60 on: April 20, 2023, 10:50:27 AM »

If I Had to guess where we are right now, I'd say maybe:

Parker: 25%
Rhynhart: 20%
Gym: 18%
Brown: 18%
Domb: 15%

The question with Gym is if she's been able to extend past her hardcore progressive base. Parker seems likely to solidify Amen Brown's supporters and likely some of Jeff Brown's, since he has imploded quite a bit. Rhynhart seems like a perennial dark horse, but still doesn't feel like she's had her "breakout" moment.
Duke of York

« Reply #61 on: April 20, 2023, 11:09:45 AM »

The question with Gym is if she's been able to extend past her hardcore progressive base. Parker seems likely to solidify Amen Brown's supporters and likely some of Jeff Brown's, since he has imploded quite a bit. Rhynhart seems like a perennial dark horse, but still doesn't feel like she's had her "breakout" moment.

Id be happy with Parker,  Rhynhart or Gym winning but If I had to chose id say Parker.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #62 on: April 20, 2023, 11:18:23 AM »

Id be happy with Parker,  Rhynhart or Gym winning but If I had to chose id say Parker.

Agreed, those are my top 3. Rhynhart has probably moved into my top spot. Didn't love her answer on the Fashion District the other night, but she corrected later on social media. I also liked that Parker specified her answer on stop and frisk, because it felt like she was being way too flippant about it originally. I still like Parker's energy though, and would be fine with any 3 of them. The only thing with Gym is that she comes off very Bernie Sanders-ish with the pie in the sky promises with not a ton of attention to what realistically could be done (probably why I like Rhynhart so much), but it's a primary, I get it.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #63 on: April 20, 2023, 05:42:09 PM »

Rhynhart: stand behind her, friends!
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #64 on: April 21, 2023, 09:00:38 AM »

Brendan Boyle endorses Parker. Now both Philly-area Dems (Dwight Evans + Boyle) have endorsed her

wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #65 on: April 27, 2023, 08:10:20 AM »

Ed Rendell has endorsed Rhynart. She now has the last 3 Philly mayors endorsements (outside of Kenney of course)

Jeff Brown has seemingly imploded even more, given his anti-union comments the other night.

At this rate, I seriously think it's between Parker and Rhynhart. Gym seems to have hit a ceiling and feels like she constantly gets more backlash than anything. But we'll see what the poll says tomorrow!
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #66 on: April 27, 2023, 08:36:36 AM »

Ed Rendell has endorsed Rhynart. She now has the last 3 Philly mayors endorsements (outside of Kenney of course)

Jeff Brown has seemingly imploded even more, given his anti-union comments the other night.

At this rate, I seriously think it's between Parker and Rhynhart. Gym seems to have hit a ceiling and feels like she constantly gets more backlash than anything. But we'll see what the poll says tomorrow!

This is all good. I was driving through the city last week when I was going to a show and I was upset with how many Jeff Brown yard signs I saw. I think if I lived in the city, I would probably vote for Parker at this point.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #67 on: April 27, 2023, 08:42:17 AM »

FOP should stop making endorsements, they've lost credibility outside of white voters
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #68 on: April 27, 2023, 08:44:14 AM »

FOP should stop making endorsements, they've lost credibility outside of white voters

Outside of *conservative white voters
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #69 on: April 27, 2023, 08:54:17 AM »

True. Conservative and moderate white and Latino/Black moderates. Police unions shouldn't even be allowed to endorse
Duke of York

« Reply #70 on: April 27, 2023, 11:46:08 AM »

True. Conservative and moderate white and Latino/Black moderates. Police unions shouldn't even be allowed to endorse

You cannot pick and chose who you allow to endorse.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #71 on: April 27, 2023, 07:25:13 PM »

Internal Domb campaign poll:

Rhynhart 21%
Gym 19%
Domb 17%
Parker 16%
Jeff Brown 13%
DeLeon 1%
Amen Brown 1%
Undecided 14%

https://twitter.com/nextphlmayor/status/1651712116733407232/photo/1
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #72 on: April 28, 2023, 07:47:30 AM »

First nonpartisan poll from SurveyUSA!

With leaners:

Rhynhart 19%
Parker 17%
Gym 16%
Domb 15%
Jeff Brown 12%
DeLeon/Amen Brown/Bloom 2% each

https://www.surveyusa.com/client/PollReport.aspx?g=25ef4518-2905-426f-8cd0-ce19aa81acb0
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #73 on: April 28, 2023, 07:49:47 AM »

First nonpartisan poll from SurveyUSA!

With leaners:

Rhynhart 19%
Parker 17%
Gym 16%
Domb 15%
Jeff Brown 12%
DeLeon/Amen Brown/Bloom 2% each

https://www.surveyusa.com/client/PollReport.aspx?g=25ef4518-2905-426f-8cd0-ce19aa81acb0

In the full results, 20%(!) are still undecided. With these margins, it is quite literally anyone's race to win.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #74 on: April 28, 2023, 07:51:36 AM »

Oh and of note, they did a simulated RCV, and Rhynhart won in the end against Parker, 55-45%.

So, one hand, would seem to mean Rhynhart likely has the most upside. But undecideds are truly undecided right now. The "leaners" section of undecided voters is quite big - like n=200, and the candidates basically split the undecided voters right now, with all 5 getting like 3-5% of the vote. No one is breaking out still for them.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies