As of January 20, 2023, how are Biden's re-election odds looking? Can he win a second term?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 28, 2024, 09:28:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  As of January 20, 2023, how are Biden's re-election odds looking? Can he win a second term?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: As of January 20, 2023, how are Biden's re-election odds looking? Can he win a second term?  (Read 1985 times)
World Mapping
Rookie
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 20, 2023, 09:51:48 PM »

Today is January 20, 2023, which marks the halfway point of Joe Biden's current term.

As of today, where do things stand regarding his re-election? Will Joe Biden be able to win a second term should he run again?
LostInOhio
United States
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2023, 10:14:58 PM »

I think he’s either going to win in a landslide or get totally blown out. I see evidence for either side. It mostly depends on whether or not we can avoid a recession and whether Trump wins the nomination.
Agafin
Cameroon

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2023, 11:09:43 PM »

His chances are better than a year ago (Jan 2022) but less than they looked like in Jan 2021.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2023, 11:40:12 PM »

"Can" he win a second term?

He objectively can at this point assuming things go generally well over the next 2 years and he doesn't die or implode.

I think he's slightly favored, but there's still a pretty wide range of outcomes, especially around the uncertainty of how the debt ceiling may affect the economy and who voters blame as a consequence.

The main issue right now for Republicans is they need something bad to happen cause otherwise, they just don't have enough of a case against Joe (as 2022 proved) and arguably have more problems they need to deal with themselves.

MABA 2020
MakeAmericaBritishAgain
United Kingdom

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2023, 12:25:00 PM »

I think he’s either going to win in a landslide or get totally blown out. I see evidence for either side. It mostly depends on whether or not we can avoid a recession and whether Trump wins the nomination.

Nah, like every recent election it'll be a nail biter. The US is too polarised for a landslide at the moment.

Biden is probably slightly favoured though
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2023, 12:28:59 PM »

Nah, like every recent election it'll be a nail biter. The US is too polarised for a landslide at the moment.

Biden is probably slightly favoured though

Or it could be somewhere in the middle.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2023, 03:17:20 PM »

His chances are better than at any time prior to the fall of Kabul.
SN2903
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: 3.91

P P
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2023, 04:52:12 PM »
« Edited: January 23, 2023, 05:01:01 PM by SN2903 »

No way he can run again with this scandal. The facts keep contradicting his and his administrations statements so far. This board needs to on the reality page and off of Biden admin talking points. 64% said his actions were inappropriate in the latest poll and that is before the FBI 13 hour search at his house. It's clear a cover up is going on.  Too many locations and too many documents. Documents from your time in the senate? Having documents 15+ years? Are you kidding me? Cooperation doesn't negate the issue of having them in the first place and having them so long. He has no credibility and he is likely a criminal. Will he get prosecuted? He can't as a sitting president but I think his political standing is going to go so low that he will not be able to run again. Unclear whether Trump gets the nomination but we could be looking at a younger Democrat nominee and a younger GOP nominee.
SN2903
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2023, 05:02:33 PM »

I want to know what you're smoking.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2023, 05:06:41 PM »

If trump is the nominee , Biden cannot be attacked for documentgate as Trump did the same thing plus he was also responsible for Jan 6th .

As long as Trump has a good shot of being the Republican nominee , Biden has a good shot of being re-elected.
SN2903
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2023, 05:12:45 PM »
« Edited: January 23, 2023, 05:16:45 PM by SN2903 »

If trump is the nominee , Biden cannot be attacked for documentgate as Trump did the same thing plus he was also responsible for Jan 6th .

As long as Trump has a good shot of being the Republican nominee , Biden has a good shot of being re-elected.
You need to stop hating on Trump more than Biden. Trump isn't president anymore dude. What he did/didn't do is irrelevant. The buck stops with the President. Biden is President and he has l lied about 3x already regarding documents/not to mention admitting on national TV he broke the law having classified documents in his garage. Having the FBI search your house for 13 hours is unprecedented for a sitting President. Also he had 0 authority to have any of these documents. It's getting really old at this point and maybe you should switch parties? Most of the Bushies already have. Your hissy fit is all because this helps Trump in the primary likely.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2023, 05:19:06 PM »

No way he can run again with this scandal. The facts keep contradicting his and his administrations statements so far. This board needs to on the reality page and off of Biden admin talking points. 64% said his actions were inappropriate in the latest poll and that is before the FBI 13 hour search at his house. It's clear a cover up is going on.  Too many locations and too many documents. Documents from your time in the senate? Having documents 15+ years? Are you kidding me? Cooperation doesn't negate the issue of having them in the first place and having them so long. He has no credibility and he is likely a criminal. Will he get prosecuted? He can't as a sitting president but I think his political standing is going to go so low that he will not be able to run again. Unclear whether Trump gets the nomination but we could be looking at a younger Democrat nominee and a younger GOP nominee.

Nobody cares about Biden's documents. Get over it.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2023, 05:24:11 PM »

You need to stop hating on Trump more than Biden. Trump isn't president anymore dude. What he did/didn't do is irrelevant. The buck stops with the President. Biden is President and he has l lied about 3x already regarding documents/not to mention admitting on national TV he broke the law having classified documents in his garage. It's getting really old at this point and maybe you should switch parties? Most of the Bushies already have.

You need voters like sunrise and I if you want to win and 2020 and 2022 proves it just like 2012 shows we need voters like you if we want to win . We both need each other to win and right now the populist right seems to not want our votes and due to that they are losing including losing to someone as horrible as Katie Hobbs .

Also if Trump listened to Mike Pence after 2020 and conceded the election rather than try to illegally steal it and then spend two years pushing candidates who wanted to overturn it as well , then he probably would have gotten our votes in 2024 . He chose not to do that and that’s his fault not ours .

Politicians aren’t entitled to anyone’s votes , they have to get them .

SN2903
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2023, 05:25:10 PM »

Most of the country does besides partisan Dem hacks/Democrat apologists which is only about 25% of the country. People are tired of the Democrats hypocrisy and lies/criminal behavior. You'll see in 2024.
SN2903
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2023, 05:28:40 PM »

You need to stop hating on Trump more than Biden. Trump isn't president anymore dude. What he did/didn't do is irrelevant. The buck stops with the President. Biden is President and he has l lied about 3x already regarding documents/not to mention admitting on national TV he broke the law having classified documents in his garage. It's getting really old at this point and maybe you should switch parties? Most of the Bushies already have.

You need voters like sunrise and I if you want to win and 2020 and 2022 proves it just like 2012 shows we need voters like you if we want to win . We both need each other to win and right now the populist right seems to not want our votes and due to that they are losing including losing to someone as horrible as Katie Hobbs .

Also if Trump listened to Mike Pence after 2020 and conceded the election rather than try to illegally steal it and then spend two years pushing candidates who wanted to overturn it as well , then he probably would have gotten our votes in 2024 . He chose not to do that and that’s his fault not ours .

Both voter bases are important but the right should be focused on Biden and Biden only. He is President and the buck stops with him.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2023, 05:34:50 PM »

Both voter bases are important but the right should be focused on Biden and Biden only. He is President and the buck stops with him.

Ok and look where that got us in 2022 . The fact is the American people dislike Biden but really dislike Trump and that is all on Trump  . Tell me where would Trump be right now if he listened to Mike pence and just conceded after he lost the court challenges and didn’t say stuff like “abolish the constitution”.

He would obviously be in much better Position and the favorite to win and maybe you guys should realize this instead of blaming the “establishment right” for all your problems. If you want the populist right to win then dump Trump for another candidate, otherwise what happened in 2022 will happen in 2024 .
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2023, 05:37:41 PM »

Most of the country does besides partisan Dem hacks/Democrat apologists which is only about 25% of the country. People are tired of the Democrats hypocrisy and lies/criminal behavior. You'll see in 2024.

You need to get out of your bubble. This isn't even on most people's radars right now, and it certainly isn't going to be an issue in 2024.
SN2903
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2023, 05:39:39 PM »

Ok and look where that got us in 2022 . The fact is the American people dislike Biden but really dislike Trump and that is all on Trump  . Tell me where would Trump be right now if he listened to Mike pence and just conceded after he lost the court challenges and didn’t say stuff like “abolish the constitution”.

He would obviously be in much better Position and the favorite to win and maybe you guys should realize this instead of blaming the “establishment right” for all your problems. If you want the populist right to win then dump Trump for another candidate, otherwise what happened in 2022 will happen in 2024 .

2022 isn't 2024.
SN2903
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2023, 05:41:22 PM »

You need to get out of your bubble. This isn't even on most people's radars right now, and it certainly isn't going to be an issue in 2024.
The fact that I am sure you lambasted Trump for this (and he could have documents as President Biden can't as a senator or VP) just proves your a giant hypocrite just like the rest of the left and yeah I am sure this story won't matter just like Hillary's emails and destruction of laptops didn't matter right? Keep telling yourself that dude. Biden stole documents. There in what 5 different locations already? He's a liar and a crook.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2023, 05:43:10 PM »

Ok and look where that got us in 2022 . The fact is the American people dislike Biden but really dislike Trump and that is all on Trump  . Tell me where would Trump be right now if he listened to Mike pence and just conceded after he lost the court challenges and didn’t say stuff like “abolish the constitution”.

2022 isn't 2024.

Why did you go back to Trump after realizing how much of a loser that man was . The fact  Trump is a loser who hates our country given he wants to abolish our constitution and he will never ever be president again .

Trump is radioactive in the suburbs required to win even more than he was in 2020 due to Jan 6th and promoting horrific candidates like Kari Lake
SN2903
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2023, 05:45:11 PM »

Ok and look where that got us in 2022 . The fact is the American people dislike Biden but really dislike Trump and that is all on Trump  . Tell me where would Trump be right now if he listened to Mike pence and just conceded after he lost the court challenges and didn’t say stuff like “abolish the constitution”.

2022 isn't 2024.

Why did you go back to Trump after realizing how much of a loser that man was . The fact  Trump is a loser who hates our country given he wants to abolish our constitution and he will never ever be president again .

Trump is radioactive in the suburbs required to win even more than he was in 2020 due to Jan 6th and promoting horrific candidates like Kari Lake
I want the left's hypocrisy to be exposed for our economy to come roaring back.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2023, 05:47:22 PM »

2022 isn't 2024.

Why did you go back to Trump after realizing how much of a loser that man was . The fact  Trump is a loser who hates our country given he wants to abolish our constitution and he will never ever be president again .

Ok then let's not nominate Trump, so we can defeat those hypocrites  in 2024. Let's not nominate someone whose unelectable just to prove a point cause all that will do is give us 4 more years of the Democrats and leftist hypocrisy.

SN2903
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2023, 05:52:52 PM »

2022 isn't 2024.

Why did you go back to Trump after realizing how much of a loser that man was . The fact  Trump is a loser who hates our country given he wants to abolish our constitution and he will never ever be president again .

Ok then let's not nominate Trump, so we can defeat those hypocrites  in 2024. Let's not nominate someone whose unelectable just to prove a point cause all that will do is give us 4 more years of the Democrats and leftist hypocrisy.

That's what the primary is for? Then party has to unite regardless of who it is after that.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2023, 06:00:11 PM »

2022 isn't 2024.

That's what the primary is for? Then party has to unite regardless of who it is after that.

That's not how it works in reality though. It didn't work for Romney in 2012, Trump's bad campaign cost him key suburban support in 2020, and the same thing happened with Masters/Lake/Walker.
This btw is just not true for us but its also true for the Democrats as just look at Hillary in 2016 .

The fact is Trump going out and :

- Trying to illegally overturn an election(All the court cases were lost)

- Pushing horrible candidates that wanted to make that as a litmus test

- Saying we should abolish the constitution

has made him an even worse candidate than he was in 2020 and if we nominate him we will lose. 

Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2023, 08:41:28 PM »

You need to stop hating on Trump more than Biden. Trump isn't president anymore dude. What he did/didn't do is irrelevant. The buck stops with the President. Biden is President and he has l lied about 3x already regarding documents/not to mention admitting on national TV he broke the law having classified documents in his garage. Having the FBI search your house for 13 hours is unprecedented for a sitting President. Also he had 0 authority to have any of these documents. It's getting really old at this point and maybe you should switch parties? Most of the Bushies already have. Your hissy fit is all because this helps Trump in the primary likely.

This doesn't help Trump in the primary because Biden isn't running in the Republican primary.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies