SR 113-24: Judicial Reform Amendment (Passed) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 11:48:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SR 113-24: Judicial Reform Amendment (Passed) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SR 113-24: Judicial Reform Amendment (Passed)  (Read 3598 times)
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: January 24, 2023, 08:18:34 PM »

Windjammer is right that these positions are not desirable to active players; when I was Emperor in the IDS for years, I found it very hard to staff our region's judicial office. I would be very interested to know if there are in fact newer players who want to become justices and are finding themselves stonewalled by the lifetime appointments, because that has simply not been the case in Atlasia historically.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2023, 09:27:52 PM »
« Edited: January 31, 2023, 09:46:08 PM by Associate Justice PiT »

Having worked with Chief Justice Windjammer since my confirmation nearly five years ago, I can vouch that he is far from being a lefty hack. I've been quite pleased with his independent-mindedness and commitment to seriously applying judicial principles on the bench. If I and the other justices don't write more dissents, it is because few cases come up in our docket and of those cases we are able to reach a consensus on most of them. Contrary to what it may seem like in public, Supreme Court discussions are quite lively and not just the Chief Justice dictating the opinion to us.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies