SR 113-24: Judicial Reform Amendment (Passed) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 06:25:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SR 113-24: Judicial Reform Amendment (Passed) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SR 113-24: Judicial Reform Amendment (Passed)  (Read 3700 times)
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« on: January 20, 2023, 04:14:57 PM »

All this over Elon Musk fantasy Twitter actions getting nuked?Huh
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2023, 04:42:54 PM »

I was going to instead do something different with the legislatures who confirmed these justices having to reconfirm the current ones. For example, PiT in the CoD, but WJ in the Senate. I’ll give some thought on whether I think that idea is better than Wulfric’s.

This is a good middle ground imo. I think in general having a Court with experience is valuable and I don’t think two year term limits on a body that doesn’t see cases particularly frequently makes the game particularly more fun but if you think judges have lost touch, I don’t mind it.
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2023, 02:16:43 PM »
« Edited: January 21, 2023, 03:04:50 PM by YE »

Turnover for the sake of turnover is a bad idea and makes the game more exclusive by driving them from office (although really this applies to the original version of this amendment but I’m pointing it out here because that’s a sentiment).

And do you guys actually want people GOTVing for judicial elections? BECAUSE THIS WILL HAPPEN AND DON’T CRY ABOUT IT WHEN IT DOES. Especially if the election is in the off-month?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies