NC GOV 2024 - Stein (D) vs Robinson (R) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:07:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NC GOV 2024 - Stein (D) vs Robinson (R) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NC GOV 2024 - Stein (D) vs Robinson (R)  (Read 19360 times)
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
Shaula
Junior Chimp
Australia

« on: February 07, 2023, 04:50:46 AM »

Idk why Walker is running. He just ran a terrible campaign in 2022 that got him like 10% of the vote, and he's facing Robinson who despite everything is insanely popular with the Republican base. I don't know how Robinson could lose this primary, he is charismatic, has pretty good optics, the probable backing of the NCGOP and like I said is REALLY popular.
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
Shaula
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2023, 05:17:30 PM »

Robinson is the Republican Fetterman but coherent.
Big dood = win
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
Shaula
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2023, 08:10:25 AM »

Anyone comparing him to Mastriano is a joke.
His recent ad is one of the best political ads this century. No talk of Trump or even any culture war issues. Just his inspirational background, a positive message and talk about how NC needs fixing. Interestingly criticism of NAFTA and he mentioned how he wants to get jobs back, so a populist message.
He's definitely one of the best public speakers out of politicians today, even if you disagree with him you have to acknowledge his ability to talk to people is unmatched.
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
Shaula
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2023, 09:05:18 AM »

It's not fair to describe Robinson as incoherent. If you're looking for a 2022 parallel, Robinson is Kari Lake, not Doug Mastriano -- highly extreme to the point of being too far from the state and filled with scandal, but fairly charismatic and a good public speaker. Robinson became the Lt. Governor nominee because he went viral in right-wing circles for his speech at the Greensboro City Council.
I think Kari Lake is a good comparison to Robinson, except Robinson isn't nearly as obsessed over the 2020 election. Also NC Is more conservative than AZ so I think he wins.
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
Shaula
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2023, 09:09:35 AM »

It's not fair to describe Robinson as incoherent. If you're looking for a 2022 parallel, Robinson is Kari Lake, not Doug Mastriano -- highly extreme to the point of being too far from the state and filled with scandal, but fairly charismatic and a good public speaker. Robinson became the Lt. Governor nominee because he went viral in right-wing circles for his speech at the Greensboro City Council.
I think Kari Lake is a good comparison to Robinson, except Robinson isn't nearly as obsessed over the 2020 election. Also NC Is more conservative than AZ so I think he wins.
Robinson has enough other problems that Lake didn't have. For one he's more ideologically extreme than Lake on many issues. Republicans are much better off with Folwell
I think Robinson doesn't come off as extreme though. He's a likeable character and is good at speaking (he also has energy unlike Folwell).
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
Shaula
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2023, 06:46:18 AM »

This is like national Republicans trying to beat Trump. It's just not happening.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies