NC GOV 2024 - Stein (D) vs Robinson (R) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:01:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NC GOV 2024 - Stein (D) vs Robinson (R) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NC GOV 2024 - Stein (D) vs Robinson (R)  (Read 19359 times)
MargieCat
United States

« on: January 20, 2023, 07:04:05 PM »

Endorsed, I guess?

Is it just me or have candidates begun to announce so early just in recent cycles? I feel it's a bit premature.
It has to be for fundraising reasons, or something.

Yeah, I think fundraising plays a part in it. But I also think the early announcement is an attempt to clear the primary. He entered the race before anyone else and came in with a lot of endorsements, including from potential rivals (e.g., Jeff Jackson, Robert Reives etc.). I wouldn’t be surprised if Stein runs for the Democratic nomination unopposed (or with just nominal opposition).

Oh really, Jackson endorsed him? That was probably his most likely opponent. I wonder if that means Jackson has his eye on Attorney General when his seat is inevitably drawn out from under him.

Yup! Jackson and Wiley Nickel endorsed Stein per the article below. If Republicans dismantle his seat, my guess is Jackson goes for Attorney General. And maybe if Nickel’s seat is gone, Nickel could run for Lieutenant Governor?

https://www.wcnc.com/article/news/politics/josh-stein-north-carolina-governor-candidacy-election-2024/275-edfb5af2-1c9a-443e-80d1-7e9f959fff9b
I wonder if Republicans in the legislature strategically leave Jackson's seat intact to try and prevent him from making a statewide run.

I'm not a gerrymandering expert but, but it seems like it would be a dummymander to try and only get one blue seat out of Mecklenberg.

There are other Democrats in the NC congressional delegation that would be easier to defeat in a statewide race.
MargieCat
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2023, 09:33:18 PM »

Jewish Democrat whose first name begins with J in race = Titanium D

Tossup -> Tilt D
With that logic, Josh Gottheimer should try to succeed Phil Murphy in 2025.
MargieCat
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2023, 02:23:43 PM »

MargieCat
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2023, 03:32:09 PM »

Idk why Walker is running. He just ran a terrible campaign in 2022 that got him like 10% of the vote, and he's facing Robinson who despite everything is insanely popular with the Republican base. I don't know how Robinson could lose this primary, he is charismatic, has pretty good optics, the probable backing of the NCGOP and like I said is REALLY popular.
What???
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies