NC GOV 2024 - Stein (D) vs Robinson (R)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:21:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NC GOV 2024 - Stein (D) vs Robinson (R)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 14
Author Topic: NC GOV 2024 - Stein (D) vs Robinson (R)  (Read 19384 times)
Secretary of State Liberal Hack
IBNU
YaBB God
Singapore

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: February 07, 2023, 09:14:23 AM »

If Mark Robinson wins, the race is Likley Democrat barring a red wave enviorment and even then Stein will be favoured.
Spectator
United States

« Reply #51 on: February 07, 2023, 09:49:12 AM »

Yeah, I don’t see Robinson holding up under the scrutiny of a higher profile race. He won in 2020 because no one pays attention to much below Governor.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #52 on: February 07, 2023, 09:51:00 AM »

Mark Robinson on Gays and Transgenders: "It's filth.  And yes I called it filth."

He's also called for the end of separation of church and state in all public schools.

If filth wasn't enough, he also compared homosexuals to cow manure, maggots, and flies.

And then, of course, in the 80s, Robinson paid for an abortion for his then-girlfriend, later-wife.

[Wikipedia]

He's also come out against the teaching of history and science in elementary school.  [local news source]

Sweet Jesus, what a macadamia!

"The GOP moderates on social issues" ... my a**.
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #53 on: February 07, 2023, 01:00:10 PM »

Mark Robinson on Gays and Transgenders: "It's filth.  And yes I called it filth."

He's also called for the end of separation of church and state in all public schools.

If filth wasn't enough, he also compared homosexuals to cow manure, maggots, and flies.

And then, of course, in the 80s, Robinson paid for an abortion for his then-girlfriend, later-wife.

[Wikipedia]

He's also come out against the teaching of history and science in elementary school.  [local news source]

Sweet Jesus, what a macadamia!

You’re preaching to the choir. Most North Carolina’s don’t know about him, but I can’t see a path to victory for him if Stein is smart and runs ads in this
MargieCat
United States

« Reply #54 on: February 07, 2023, 03:32:09 PM »

Idk why Walker is running. He just ran a terrible campaign in 2022 that got him like 10% of the vote, and he's facing Robinson who despite everything is insanely popular with the Republican base. I don't know how Robinson could lose this primary, he is charismatic, has pretty good optics, the probable backing of the NCGOP and like I said is REALLY popular.
What???
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #55 on: February 07, 2023, 04:28:21 PM »

Yeah, this could easily be another PA Gov, in which candidate quality turns a swing state race into a landslide.
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #56 on: February 08, 2023, 02:16:13 AM »

Robinson will crash and burn. People don't know much about him, and Stein doesn't have as spotless a record as Shapiro. But his comments are objectively worse than Mastriano by a substantial margin.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #57 on: February 08, 2023, 02:45:25 AM »

Yeah, this could easily be another PA Gov, in which candidate quality turns a swing state race into a landslide.

Landslide relative to the state though. I doubt it ends up being in double digits. A 52-46% wouldn't be out of question though and for sure some kind of landslide by NC standards. Especially if the race for POTUS is decided by a small margin in one way or the other.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #58 on: February 08, 2023, 04:14:25 AM »
« Edited: February 08, 2023, 04:22:35 AM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

Landslide relative to the state though. I doubt it ends up being in double digits. A 52-46% wouldn't be out of question though and for sure some kind of landslide by NC standards. Especially if the race for POTUS is decided by a small margin in one way or the other.

It's a 538 Eday not a 303 map and we can win MS Gov not just KY Gov Presley is down only 4 with 6 percent blk
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #59 on: February 13, 2023, 09:10:43 AM »

I don't know if this should go here, but the NC Dems just ousted their entire leadership.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #60 on: February 13, 2023, 09:21:06 AM »

Wow, that's awesome. The new chair is 25 years old. I wonder what the record for youngest state party chair is? Best of luck to the new NCDP leadership.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #61 on: February 14, 2023, 07:56:46 AM »

Maybe.  I tend to think this race will be a dead-heat tossup all the way to Election Day.
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -7.29, S: -9.48

P
« Reply #62 on: February 14, 2023, 01:27:24 PM »

I'm very excited about this leadership change obviously but this worried me somewhat:

“We cannot rely that urbanization is going to save the Democratic Party of North Carolina,” she said. “We have to win in the state that we live in today. We do that by winning back some of the voters we've lost — winning more counties like Nash and Scotland and Anson — and turning out more of our own voters.”

Short term it's worth investing in a lot of these areas to help mitigate issues with political geography, but long term I think you have to play with the hand you're dealt, and the hand we're dealt in North Carolina is that the Democratic base in these areas is either dying or leaving for the major metro areas in the state. Obviously this will differ from race to race but long term I think the focus should be on solidifying gains in Charlotte, the Research Triangle, and the West rather than trying to stop the bleeding in the Sandhills or the Inner Banks, both of which are likely fool's errands.
prag_prog
United States

« Reply #63 on: March 03, 2023, 01:13:20 PM »

Anderson Clayton looks like someone who cares a lot, has ton of energy...also seems to be a decent orator. Hope she can also fundraise well

Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #64 on: March 03, 2023, 01:25:32 PM »

NC is a battleground
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #65 on: March 03, 2023, 02:26:26 PM »

Love is a battlefield
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #66 on: March 03, 2023, 02:38:10 PM »
« Edited: March 03, 2023, 02:43:50 PM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

SC is a battleground it has never gone first in a Prez primary and has 26 percent BLK, more blks come out in a Prez race than midterm, SC and NC were flirting with D's Joe Cunningham was down 60/40 until Eday he was down 49/41 at some pt in the campaign and some polls had it within 5

KS is a battleground if Kunce comes within 5 pts like Kander did due to proximity to Kansas City it will flip

The only states I can see staying R is IA, IN, FL and MO at Prez race what is a battleground state not defined by WASP because Dakotas and UT are safe R but by blks, we can win TX
JMT

« Reply #67 on: March 23, 2023, 07:14:14 AM »

leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #68 on: March 23, 2023, 10:19:39 AM »

Republican Gun Foot
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #69 on: March 23, 2023, 01:04:44 PM »

Spectator
United States

« Reply #70 on: March 23, 2023, 01:34:44 PM »

I can see this race becoming like PA-Gov 2022. Probably not anywhere near the same margin; but to where Stein does considerably better than Biden, and wins somewhere around high single digits. Robinson is just as insane as Mastriano was.
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #71 on: March 23, 2023, 08:48:18 PM »

I can see this race becoming like PA-Gov 2022. Probably not anywhere near the same margin; but to where Stein does considerably better than Biden, and wins somewhere around high single digits. Robinson is just as insane as Mastriano was.

A lot more coincidences too.

-Both Shapiro and Stein are Jewish
-Both Robinson and Mastriano are bald MAGA clowns with statements that make no sense for who they are/represent (Robinson being anti-Black, Mastriano being pro-Confederate while representing Gettysburg)
-Both Shapiro and Stein were twice elected Attorney General in swing states, outperforming Biden in 2020
No War, but the War on Christmas
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #72 on: March 24, 2023, 08:24:09 AM »

And Robinson is dominating the primary polls so far it seems, which is brutal for Republicans.

For all the crap that online lefties often get I'd argue that it's actually the online right-wing social media warriors who have benefited Democrats electorally than vice versa.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #73 on: March 24, 2023, 09:42:10 AM »

And Robinson is dominating the primary polls so far it seems, which is brutal for Republicans.

For all the crap that online lefties often get I'd argue that it's actually the online right-wing social media warriors who have benefited Democrats electorally than vice versa.

Yeah I would actually encourage the right to get more online and start running candidates who are terminally online, seems to be working out really well for Democrats.
Libertas Vel Mors
Haley/Ryan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: -0.17

« Reply #74 on: March 24, 2023, 10:02:40 AM »

Any reason to think Robinson's support is primarily drawn from online stuff? I don't really see much about him there. Yeah, he became prominent for a video that went viral, but he's also the sitting lieutenant governor and none of the other candidates in these hypothetical polls seem particularly strong. Might be reasonable to assume that he would lead either way.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 14  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies