Stop Hillary
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 06:14:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Stop Hillary
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Poll
Question: Should Hillary be stopped?
Yes, anybody but Hillary

No

Not a Democrat or D leaner

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 49

Author Topic: Stop Hillary  (Read 7546 times)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 17, 2007, 11:29:19 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Let me get this straight, she refuses to say that her Oct. 2002 vote to allow Bush to warmonger, when 23 Senators looked at the evidence more carefully and voted no, was a mistake? It was painfully obvious AT THE TIME THAT SHE WAS A MORON. How do we know she won't be fooled again if the last 52 months haven't helped her see how stupid she was?

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2007/2/17/213744/100

Maybe she'll get a spine 2 years after failing to become President, just like Gore and Kerry.

Hillary is part of the problem, not part of the solution.
Deano963

« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2007, 12:11:14 AM »
« Edited: February 18, 2007, 01:24:48 PM by Dave Leip »

I really, really wish all the Democrats who will not give it a rest in respect to Hillary's Iraq vote would just get off their cross. I can't even put into words how sick and tired I am of hearing about just her vote, when something like 25 other Democrats voted the exact same way.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2007, 12:16:41 AM »
« Edited: February 18, 2007, 01:25:01 PM by Dave Leip »

I really, really wish all the Democrats who will not give it a rest in respect to Hillary's Iraq vote would just get off their cross. I can't even put into words how sick and tired I am of hearing about just her vote, when something like 25 other Democrats voted the exact same way.

Edwards said "I made a mistake". Why can't Hillary? I don't know of any other Democrat who said that their vote wasn't a mistake. Even Hagel said his vote was a mistake.
Rob
Bob
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -9.39

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2007, 12:19:09 AM »
« Edited: February 18, 2007, 01:25:25 PM by Dave Leip »

She is a terrorist, and I would support just about anyone over her in the primary.

Some of you may think it's silly to hate her for a years-old vote that she won't recant, but consider this: her rhetoric on the Iran situation has been as fierce as any neocon's. I'm almost certain that the US will attack Iran if she's elected President; she has no qualms about GOP foreign policy.

If she wins the nomination, the Democrats will have conceded that they're not interested in being an opposition party... and frankly, will deserve to lose. I won't be surprised if primary voters are crazy enough to run her- after all, we're talking about the party that decided to run a centrist campaign against one of the most extreme Presidents in history.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2007, 12:30:29 AM »

To any Hillary fans:

If instead of refusing to admit that she made a mistake now, suppose she had joined the 23 Senators who looked carefully at the evidence, and voted against a blank check to allow the election stealer to start the war...

The 2008 nomination would be hers.

Being anti-war all along would have made a good candidate.

Being tepidly against the war in order to not get destroyed in the 2008 Democratic primary is despicable.
Deano963

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2007, 12:40:42 AM »
« Edited: February 18, 2007, 01:25:59 PM by Dave Leip »

Edwards said "I made a mistake". Why can't Hillary? I don't know of any other Democrat who said that their vote wasn't a mistake. Even Hagel said his vote was a mistake.

She has said "If I knew then what I know now I would not have voted for the war" about a billion times.

Now, to me,and this is just me....... that is an obvious admission that her vote was a mistake she wishes she could take back. What more do you want?

Why are you so f****** obsessed with hearing her phrae it exactly the way you want to hear it? Not to mention the fact that I would bet a billion dollars if I had it that if she ever actually did say those four little words ("I made a mistake"), all of the Democrats who are sreaming and frothing at the mouth for her to say it STILL would not like her. Heck, they'd probably just go and accuse her of being shifty and triangulating evne though she did exactly what they asked her to do.

Like I said before, get off your damn cross. I am beyond sick of constantly hearig about this non-story and it being the lead on every friggin' blog.
Boris
boris78
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.55, S: -4.52

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2007, 12:43:15 AM »

Hillary Clinton's vote on Iraq has, to make an understatement, bemused me. A plethora of high-ranking officials in her husband's administration, from his "Terrorism Czar" to his Vice President opposed the war from the beginning. And these people aren't dovish pussies either; they're some of the most well-versed and informed people on matters about terrorism, national security, and foreign policy. Their reasoning and rationale against the war made sense.

Yet Senator Clinton voted for the war. She's far too intelligent IMO to have genuinely supported this war. My guess is that it was nothing more than legislative posturing; the war was popular at the time and Clinton wanted to run for President at a later date. She probably assumed (correctly) that Bush would win re-election and assumed (incorrectly) that either WMDs would be found, which via GOP spin, would justify military action. Senators who vote on issues solely to advance their political career, IMO, do not belong in the White House.

Although I do agree with Deano that enough has been said about her vote.  Give her a chance to explain her domestic agenda and foreign policy. Why she hasn't recanted her vote (in an Edwards-esque manner; she has already said "she would have voted differently") is another matter; I think she may be taking an act of her husband's playbook: focus on the future, not the past.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2007, 12:50:43 AM »

Deano, do you support Hillary in the primary?

How hard is it for her to say it was a mistake. Ideally she would have said that at least months ago, but she needs to own up to that it was a mistake. Her inability to do so is showing a lack of leadership. It took her forever to come out against the war in the first place. Edwards was also a moron for voting for the war, but at least he takes a much stronger stance against the war now than she does.
Rob
Bob
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2007, 12:54:20 AM »

My guess is that it was nothing more than legislative posturing; the war was popular at the time and Clinton wanted to run for President at a later date.

Or she actually believes in the mission. She was one of the biggest hawks in her husband's administration.

I think she may be taking an act of her husband's playbook: focus on the future, not the past.

Just like all the other hawks. "Guys, forget about our failure in Iraq. That shit is all in the past, isn't it? Now on to Tehran!"
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2007, 01:01:33 AM »

Stop hitting yourself, Hillary.

Stop hitting yourself.

;-;
Boris
boris78
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2007, 01:14:37 AM »

Or she actually believes in the mission. She was one of the biggest hawks in her husband's administration.

Well, it's obviously impossible to prove her true intentions. Your hypothesis is as good as mine.

But, which specific foreign policy situations in the 1990s was she a "hawk" on?  Most of my memories of the Clinton Administration involve the name "Lewinsky." Although I do vaguely remember Operation Desert Fox in 1998.
Rob
Bob
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2007, 01:38:05 AM »

But, which specific foreign policy situations in the 1990s was she a "hawk" on?  Most of my memories of the Clinton Administration involve the name "Lewinsky." Although I do vaguely remember Operation Desert Fox in 1998.

She was the one who convinced Clinton to bomb Belgrade. Also, she said she was proud that the US under Clinton “changed its underlying policy toward Iraq from containment to regime change.”
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2007, 02:00:36 AM »

huh? another thread with a bunch of burned out liberals banging their souls against a wall?

...cool!

...here man, here's a link to biblegateway.com

www.biblegateway.com

...it's like aspirin for your soul
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2007, 02:06:08 AM »

Does this website fall under "Comedy/Slapstick"?
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2007, 02:50:09 AM »

Hillary is the most power hungry woman in American History, in my opinion. She carpetbagged to New York so she could get elected to Senate in a heavily democratic state so that she could serve a term or two and run for President in 2008. The whole idea was this huge Clinton legacy...

Bill Clinton (1993-2001)
Al Gore (2001-2009)
Hillary Clinton (2009-2017)

But, a guy named George W. Bush ended that idea, and now Hillary has to try and prove her own ground, which she does pretty well...but it sucks.
Soaring Eagle

« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2007, 10:28:15 AM »

I want Hillary to be stopped, not only for her vote, but mainly because she is very divisive and will not be what the country needs after eight years of the Decider.

I support Obama because though he may be very liberal, I am confident that he will listen to the Republicans as well.
Saxwsylvania
Van Der Blub

« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2007, 10:36:57 AM »

I want Hillary to be stopped, not only for her vote, but mainly because she is very divisive and will not be what the country needs after eight years of the Decider.

I support Obama because though he may be very liberal, I am confident that he will listen to the Republicans as well.

How?  What has Obama done for Republicans in the past two years?
Soaring Eagle

« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2007, 10:40:46 AM »

How?  What has Obama done for Republicans in the past two years?

I think he cares more about what their opinion is than Hillary does, and is just less divisive in general. I'm not saying he would do everything they said, but I think the opinion of Republicans would matter more in an Obama Administration than they would in a Hillary Administration.
Deano963

« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2007, 12:35:37 PM »

huh? another thread with a bunch of burned out liberals banging their souls against a wall?

Who's burned out? The only burned out person I see is the Texas evangelical who sees his Dear Leader Bush becoming more irrelevant by the day....

Hillary is the most power hungry woman in American History, in my opinion. She carpetbagged to New York so she could get elected to Senate in a heavily democratic state so that she could serve a term or two and run for President in 2008. The whole idea was this huge Clinton legacy...

Bill Clinton (1993-2001)
Al Gore (2001-2009)
Hillary Clinton (2009-2017)

But, a guy named George W. Bush ended that idea, and now Hillary has to try and prove her own ground, which she does pretty well...but it sucks.

Ummmmmm.......okaaaaayyyyy.....getting back to the topic of this thread now.......
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2007, 12:37:51 PM »

"I have to say, if the most important thing to any of you is choosing someone who did not cast that vote or said his vote was a mistake, then there are others to choose from."

Damn straight, Bush hack.

MaC
Milk_and_cereal
Junior Chimp

« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2007, 07:53:38 PM »

other: yes, stop Hitlery, but "anyone but Hillary".
My biggest fear about Hillary being elected is that you won't be able to tell the difference between her administration and the current one.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2007, 08:08:08 PM »

The grassroots are going to destroy Hillary just like they did to Lieberman.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2007, 12:31:10 AM »

Not a Dem, but she could kill the Dems chances for Pres. in 08
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2007, 12:32:28 AM »

Not a Dem, but she could kill the Dems chances for Pres. in 08

As I've made it clear, I would much rather someone else get the nomination, but looking at the total jokes running on the Republican side, I think her bland uninspiring political coward lack of leadership would still manage to win a general election.
MaC
Milk_and_cereal
Junior Chimp

« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2007, 12:33:42 AM »

so that's why Lieberman isn't in congress any more.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies