LGC 11.37 — Lincoln Family Act — PASSED
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:56:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  LGC 11.37 — Lincoln Family Act — PASSED
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: LGC 11.37 — Lincoln Family Act — PASSED  (Read 307 times)
ZMUN M441
Adowemiti
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 11, 2023, 05:07:19 PM »
« edited: February 09, 2023, 03:02:45 PM by LGC Speaker ZMUN M441 »

The Lincoln Family Act

Section I. This bill will be introduced as The Lincoln Family Act

Section II. Implementation:

Inspired by Hungary's successful program, this largescale Act will be put in place for the following purposes:

I. Encourage family growth while decreasing the number of abortions
II. Declaring a War on Poverty for families

A. Tax credit

Families will be provided with the following monthly amount that can be claimed as either a check or tax credit adjusted annually for inflation.
For one dependent child: $180
For two dependent children: $360
3+ children: $595

B. Reducing divorce
In order to reduce the divorce rate, newlywed couples will be given $15 for each month of marriage regardless of whether or not they have children for the first 2 years of marriage.

C. Housing support
A credit can be required by married couples for housing if they are planning to have children. The size of support depends on the number of children that the couple plans to have. At least one of the parents must be under 40 years old. The children - who could be of blood or adoptee - have to live with the parents to fulfill the criteria. The credit can only be applied once.

1 child: $1,620
2 children: $3,865
3 children: $5,405
4+ children: $7,432

D. Childcare
In addition to the paid time off required by employers, the government will provide monthly checks of $375 a month for the first 24 months of a child's life.

E. Improving education access
I. Textbooks shall be made free for Elementary School aged children. In a K-8 or K-12 setting, this will apply until the child is halfway through the school (4th grade for a K-8) or 6th grade in a K-12. However the following are also entitled for free textbooks:

II. Parents who are considered to be low-income under federal guidelines
Children with a diagnosed medical or psychological disorder (does not need to be currently receiving special education services)
Parents with at least 3 children

F. Improving transportation access
I. Schools will be required to offer driver's education and children under the age of 21 are entitled to taking both the permit and licensure tests for free the first time. Children who fail both tests or who's permit expires will have to pay the general price for the second time.

II. Children who have not started Kindergarten (typically 5 years or younger) may ride public transportation for free if accompanied by a paying adult. Students (K-undergrad) may ride half off with a valid school ID.

G. Additional paid time off:

I. Grandparents will be eligible for full social security benefits regardless of age if they have been employed for 40 years (does not have to be at the same location).

II. With the anticipation of the Workers Improvement Act, parents will be given the additional time off for vacations and/or leisure:

Parents of 1 child: 2 days
Parents of 2 children: 4 days
Parents of 3+ children: 7 days

Section III. Implimentation
Sections A-GI will take place effective immediately
Section GII will only take place if the Workers Protection Act passes

Occupying: Slot 7 of 10
Sponsor: Christian Man
ZMUN M441
Adowemiti
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2023, 01:58:24 AM »

Amendment:

The Lincoln Family Act

Inspired by Hungary's successful program, this largescale Act will be put in place for the following purposes:

II.
Declaring a War on Poverty for families

A. Tax credit

Families will be provided with the following monthly amount that can be claimed as either a check or tax credit adjusted annually for inflation.

B. Reducing divorce
In order to reduce the divorce rate, newlywed couples will be given $15 for each month of marriage regardless of whether or not they have children for the first 2 years of marriage.

CB. Housing support
A credit can be required by married couples for housing if they are planning to have children. The size of support depends on the number of children that the couple plans to have. At least one of the parents must be under 450 years old. The children - who could be of blood or adoptee - have to live with the parents to fulfill the criteria. The credit can only be applied once.

DC. Childcare
In addition to the paid time off required by employers, the government will provide monthly checks of $375 a month for the first 24 months of a child's life.

ED. Improving education access
I. Textbooks shall be made free for Elementary School aged children. In a K-8 or K-12 setting, this will apply until the child is halfway through the school (4th grade for a K-8) or 6th grade in a K-12. However the following are also entitled for free textbooks:

Children with a diagnosed medical or psychological disorder (does not need to be currently receiving special education services)

FE. Improving transportation access
I. Schools will be required to offer driver's education and children under the age of 21 are entitled to taking both the permit and licensure tests for free the first time. Children who fail both tests or who's permit expires will have to pay the general price for the second time.

II. Children who have not started Kindergarten (typically 5 years or younger) may ride public transportation for free if accompanied by a paying adult. Students (K-undergrad) may ride half off with a valid school ID.

GF. Additional paid time off:

I. Grandparents will be eligible for full social security benefits regardless of age if they have been employed for 40 years (does not have to be at the same location).

II. With the anticipation of the Workers Improvement Act, parents will be given the additional time off for vacations and/or leisure:

Sections A-GIF will take place effective immediately

This amendment makes three changes to the bill. The first is changing the stated aim of the Act from essentially subsidizing starting a family, which I am opposed to, to financially supporting those who choose to do so, which I support.
The second is that it cuts out Section II Provision 'B,' on the grounds that $15 is a relatively small amount of money — it is what many working class Lincolnites make in a single hour — and that such a check would have little to no effect as a result.
The third is that it cuts out the first half of Section II Provision 'F' — originally Provision 'G' — on similar grounds to the first major change, namely that it not just actively rewards (instead of merely supports) individuals who chose to have children, but also unfairly rewards them for their children's choice to do so, too.
The amendment also raises the maximum age limit for the new Section II Provision 'B' — originally Provision 'C' — to 50, to include those who choose to adopt in their 40s and the relatively rare, but existent, cases of 'blood' parents having children in their early 40s.
Vice President Christian Man
Christian Man
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -2.26

P P P

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2023, 01:14:15 PM »

Amendment:

The Lincoln Family Act

II.
Declaring a War on Poverty for families

A. Tax credit

B. Reducing divorce

CB. Housing support
A credit can be required by married couples for housing if they are planning to have children. The size of support depends on the number of children that the couple plans to have. At least one of the parents must be under 450 years old. The children - who could be of blood or adoptee - have to live with the parents to fulfill the criteria. The credit can only be applied once.

DC. Childcare

ED. Improving education access

FE. Improving transportation access

GF. Additional paid time off:

Sections A-GIF will take place effective immediately

This amendment makes three changes to the bill. The first is changing the stated aim of the Act from essentially subsidizing starting a family, which I am opposed to, to financially supporting those who choose to do so, which I support.
The second is that it cuts out Section II Provision 'B,' on the grounds that $15 is a relatively small amount of money — it is what many working class Lincolnites make in a single hour — and that such a check would have little to no effect as a result.
The third is that it cuts out the first half of Section II Provision 'F' — originally Provision 'G' — on similar grounds to the first major change, namely that it not just actively rewards (instead of merely supports) individuals who chose to have children, but also unfairly rewards them for their children's choice to do so, too.
The amendment also raises the maximum age limit for the new Section II Provision 'B' — originally Provision 'C' — to 50, to include those who choose to adopt in their 40s and the relatively rare, but existent, cases of 'blood' parents having children in their early 40s.
I agree to the changes but I’m also willing to raise the marriage benefit amount.
ZMUN M441
Adowemiti
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2023, 09:47:17 PM »

The ZMUN amendment is adopted.
ZMUN M441
Adowemiti
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2023, 12:09:45 PM »

Motioning for a final vote.
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2023, 12:03:13 PM »

Speaker ZMUN, I respectfully object to the final vote proceeding.

I request additional time be administered for discussion and debate.

This is an extraordinarily ambitious bill, and I would ask that it be scored for its budgetary impact before we press on to a final vote. Furthermore, I would emphasize the importance of splitting these disparate items into separate bills. This legislation includes stipulations regarding education, transportation, taxation, and labor rights. These items should be tackled one at a time, as opposed to including all of these in a single bill.
ZMUN M441
Adowemiti
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2023, 03:36:02 PM »

A vote on the objection has been initiated. Vote AYE to proceed to a final vote, and NAY to delay it for debate.

Nay
Christian Man
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2023, 04:40:52 PM »

Aye
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

P P P
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2023, 08:40:20 PM »

Aye
nerd73
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -7.83

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2023, 09:08:02 PM »

Nay
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2023, 10:08:18 PM »

Nay
ZMUN M441
Adowemiti
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2023, 12:24:54 AM »

The final vote has been delayed.
ZMUN M441
Adowemiti
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2023, 10:14:59 PM »

Motioning for a final vote.
ZMUN M441
Adowemiti
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2023, 02:38:42 AM »

A final vote on this bill has been initiated.

Abstain
Christian Man
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2023, 09:49:07 AM »

Aye
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2023, 02:19:06 PM »

Abstain
nerd73
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -7.83

« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2023, 06:22:29 PM »

Abstain
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

P P P
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2023, 08:40:56 PM »

Aye
ZMUN M441
Adowemiti
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2023, 10:19:15 PM »

LGC 11.37 passes, 2-0, with three Deputies abstaining
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2023, 05:31:01 PM »

FYI, this has become law via inaction and should be updated to passed on the noticeboard.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies