SB 113-3: Game Moderator Candidates Act (Passed) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 03:42:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SB 113-3: Game Moderator Candidates Act (Passed) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SB 113-3: Game Moderator Candidates Act (Passed)  (Read 741 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« on: January 11, 2023, 01:04:19 AM »

I share concerns about the conflict of interest potential here.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2023, 11:30:05 PM »

Maybe a GM team member who's also a member of a regional legislature or a Governor should just recuse themselves and not write stories relating to their own region.

Is that an amendment proposal?

I'd be open to a resign-to-run law for members of the GM Team going forward instead.

"Resign upon taking an elected office" is already what we have though, functionally? In the sense that if a majority of the team holds elected office after one of them assumes office, one of them has to resign.

"Resign if a bid for elected office is declared" is something different and would produce far too much turnover for the GM team to work properly. WB runs for something every cycle.

We have to be practical and realistic. While I certainly understand the concern at play here, and in the past would have certainly lined up on the side of avoiding any and all conflicts of interests, we need to be mindful of the present difficulties facing the game and thus by extension the present priorities that would stem from such.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2023, 12:03:56 AM »

Aye

but only because of the difficulties with staffing. Otherwise I would probably be no.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies