SB 113-3: Game Moderator Candidates Act (Passed) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 03:20:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SB 113-3: Game Moderator Candidates Act (Passed) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SB 113-3: Game Moderator Candidates Act (Passed)  (Read 739 times)
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« on: January 11, 2023, 04:16:49 AM »

The reason why I propose this is because I believe regional governments are good for "testing the waters" and allow for more experimenting as a way to learn the ropes of the game. In recent times, we've had struggles populating the Lincoln General Court, populating Fremont (there is only a parliament of three people now), etc. . I think it would beneficial for the game if we allow outside of the one GM that can run federally, other GM's to run for regional office, that often struggle more with activity. It would also make the function of GM more attractive to others if in the future someone would lose its interest in the function. A GM always need to have integrity, even if they don't hold function, given we have seen in the past that the job can be abused even if they hold no elective office. And while in elective office a GM is able to give feedback from her/his/their perspective of view.

yeah, the only reason a member could also be an elected official was less because of me and more because I assumed there would be cases where 3 willing non-elected citizens could not be found. Expanding it any further is likely to result in issues.

It is not proposed to expand federally to avoid conflict of interest.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2023, 01:47:09 PM »

I agree with LT's suggestion.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon