WI: The Red Wave happened in 2022
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:35:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  WI: The Red Wave happened in 2022
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: WI: The Red Wave happened in 2022  (Read 779 times)
World Mapping
Rookie
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 08, 2023, 03:45:42 AM »
« edited: January 09, 2023, 10:16:05 AM by World Mapping »

Hello, everyone.

As we all know, last year, the United States had its Midterm Elections, in which 1/3rd of the Senate, all 435 seats in the House of Representatives, 39 governments (36 states + 3 territories), among other things, were up for election.

Many people were expecting a massive Red Wave/Tsunami, in which the GOP would retake both chambers of the United States Congress; however, the widely-anticipated Red Wave ended up being a "Red Ripple", in which the GOP barely retook the House, and actually lost a seat in the Senate, bringing the Democratic majority up from 50 + VP tiebreaker to 51.

The crushing defeat for the GOP was largely attributed to two main things;

I. Dobbs v. Jackson SCOTUS case, which handed the regulation of abortion back to the states, many of which proceeded to ban the practice. This caused Democratic turnout to be higher than expected.

II. Donald Trump's poor candidate endorsements, especially in the swing states (*cough* Doug Mastriano *cough*), and his overall heavy involvement in '22 election season, hinting at his presidential bid and all.

Let's say, that, after the 2020 Presidential Election, Donald Trump agrees to a peaceful transition of power, and remains less active in the 2022 Midterm field, + Dobbs ruling either never occurs, or is scheduled for a date in 2023, and that all of this results in a large Republican Wave: GOP retakes the House 248-187 & the Senate 54-46, and the governorships of OR, NV, NM, KS, WI, PA, and narrowly, NY are flipped. MA and MD still inevitably go Democratic. Kari Lake wins in Arizona, holding that state for the Republicans, too.

How does this affect U.S. politics in the immediate future going ahead? Would the Democrats replace Biden with someone like Whitmer or Newsom? Would Trump be the unquestionable heir apparent to the 2024 GOP nomination?
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2023, 09:01:13 PM »
« Edited: January 09, 2023, 09:08:32 PM by Old School Republican »

Getting over 240-245 would be tough for the GOP given the maps were no were near as favorable in 2022 as they were in 2014. Also hard too see the Republicans beating Shapiro in PA regardless. This is how I see the senate going

Senate :

New Hampshire : Chris Sununu wins
Pennsylvania: Dave McCormick wins
Ohio : Josh Mandel wins
Georgia : Geoff Duncan wins
Arizona : Doug Ducey wins
Nevada : Adam Laxalt wins

We aren’t getting WA or CO regardless imo
World Mapping
Rookie
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2023, 12:49:46 AM »

Getting over 240-245 would be tough for the GOP given the maps were no were near as favorable in 2022 as they were in 2014. Also hard too see the Republicans beating Shapiro in PA regardless. This is how I see the senate going

Senate :

Fair enough, I agree with your assessment. I was thinking that, Senate-wise the GOP holds PA, and gains GA, AZ, NV, and NH, similar to what you've said here.

For PA GOV, I was thinking of a non-Doug-Mastriano type candidate, because Mastriano was a terrible candidate from the get-go.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2023, 01:48:47 AM »

Senate :

Fair enough, I agree with your assessment. I was thinking that, Senate-wise the GOP holds PA, and gains GA, AZ, NV, and NH, similar to what you've said here.

For PA GOV, I was thinking of a non-Doug-Mastriano type candidate, because Mastriano was a terrible candidate from the get-go.

Problem is the PA Bench sucks, like Lou Barletta is not a great candidate either. Even Senate wise Dave McCormick is a candidate with a lot of flaws that btw in a non wave environment hed probably lose too.

Maybe if Toomey ran for Governor like he was interested in, wed have a chance but other than that I don't see it.
Flyersfan232

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2023, 06:10:14 PM »

Senate :

Problem is the PA Bench sucks, like Lou Barletta is not a great candidate either. Even Senate wise Dave McCormick is a candidate with a lot of flaws that btw in a non wave environment hed probably lose too.

Maybe if Toomey ran for Governor like he was interested in, wed have a chance but other than that I don't see it.
dave white and or mcswain would have beaten shapiro
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies