Do you feel sorry for the people of Russia?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 09:00:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Do you feel sorry for the people of Russia?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Poll
Question: .
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 73

Author Topic: Do you feel sorry for the people of Russia?  (Read 2263 times)
TheReckoning
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: January 06, 2023, 02:03:54 PM »

With regards to the present situation? Yes, because my supply of pity, while not absolutely limitless, is considerable. Do I fault Ukrainians (who I certainly feel considerably more sorry for) for, broadly speaking, not having any? No. They're engaged in a war of survival and are entitled to (and must) think and feel whatever is best to allow them to continue to prosecute that struggle. Regarding the long-term historical picture? Certainly. And for their neighbours. Both are trapped in the same grim historical cycle.

No, but the harassment is in poor taste and you're only doing it as it's taboo-busting behaviour. It's unpleasant and reflects poorly on you.

It’s not “harassment” to ask someone for evidence for a pretty out-there statement.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #51 on: January 07, 2023, 04:28:15 PM »

Yes
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #52 on: January 08, 2023, 12:23:04 AM »

No, because the absolute majority of Russians support the war against my people, support the war crimes that the Russians commit every day in Ukraine, support the killing of civilians, support the rape, support the genocide organized by the Russians in Ukraine

What evidence do you have for this statement?

Does Andriy of all people here need to explain himself on this subject?! I don’t even agree with him (see my above post) but I imagine that I too just might be biased against Russians if I were Ukrainian right now, ffs!

This forum is academic in nature. It’s not a place to rant against countries you (justifiably) have a low opinion of. Making false statements is not okay in an environment like this.

Peak Irony here.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #53 on: January 09, 2023, 08:11:17 PM »

Nope.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #54 on: January 09, 2023, 11:06:15 PM »

With regards to the present situation? Yes, because my supply of pity, while not absolutely limitless, is considerable. Do I fault Ukrainians (who I certainly feel considerably more sorry for) for, broadly speaking, not having any? No. They're engaged in a war of survival and are entitled to (and must) think and feel whatever is best to allow them to continue to prosecute that struggle. Regarding the long-term historical picture? Certainly. And for their neighbours. Both are trapped in the same grim historical cycle.

No, but the harassment is in poor taste and you're only doing it as it's taboo-busting behaviour. It's unpleasant and reflects poorly on you.

It’s not “harassment” to ask someone for evidence for a pretty out-there statement.

Another bit of valuable ore.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #55 on: January 11, 2023, 12:03:06 PM »

Only the anti Putin anti-war minority (unlike the OP).
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies