Would President Ben Carson have beaten Joe Biden?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 11:19:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Would President Ben Carson have beaten Joe Biden?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Would President Ben Carson have beaten Joe Biden?  (Read 1859 times)
Medal506
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 02, 2023, 12:28:24 AM »

If Ben Carson won in 2016 against Trump in the primaries and Clinton in the general election, would he have been able to defeat Biden/Harris in the 2020 election?
dw93
DWL
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2023, 01:33:58 AM »

Nope. I think a President Kasich or a President Rubio would have though.
Medal506
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2023, 01:56:22 AM »

Rubio is basically the Republican Party’s Barack Obama. I guess he probably would have beaten both Clinton in 2016 and Biden in 2020 but he would have ended his two term presidency the way Obama did. Relatively popular but being succeeded by a democratic president.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2023, 02:25:54 AM »

I don't even think he'd win Florida.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2023, 02:44:25 AM »

Rubio is basically the Republican Party’s Barack Obama. I guess he probably would have beaten both Clinton in 2016 and Biden in 2020 but he would have ended his two term presidency the way Obama did. Relatively popular but being succeeded by a democratic president.

Rubio is a paper tiger. Great on paper, horrible in the real world.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2023, 04:10:13 AM »

As long as Rubio was able to win in 2016, he definitely would get two terms imo. First with the economy doing as well as it did and no foreign policy crises from 17-19 , governing as an establishment president would work pretty well and its very possible that Republicans don't even lose the house in 2018.

While I think we still lose 20-21 seats, keep in mind the 2010s Republican Maps were made for an establishment Republican coalition so I think it barely holds in 2018 or Democrats just barely take the house. In 2020, I believe that Rubio is viewed as more or less a steady hand during COVID and that would give him a boost and due to that would beat Biden in 2020 and be reelected.

Now the question is does Obamacare get repealed under President Rubio and my answer is no as well given that Kander and McGinty probably lose in 2016 if Rubio is the nominee while Heck and maybe Ayotte wins. So it would come down to whether John McCain voted against repealing Obamacare had more to do out of principle or just out of opposition to Trump cause btw if Obamacare is repealed, 2018 is still a disaster no matter what and democrats probably run on healthcare during the COVID Crises in 2020 and may win it all just like OTL.
SilverStar
Rookie
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2023, 11:44:37 AM »

As long as Rubio was able to win in 2016, he definitely would get two terms imo. First with the economy doing as well as it did and no foreign policy crises from 17-19 , governing as an establishment president would work pretty well and its very possible that Republicans don't even lose the house in 2018.

While I think we still lose 20-21 seats, keep in mind the 2010s Republican Maps were made for an establishment Republican coalition so I think it barely holds in 2018 or Democrats just barely take the house. In 2020, I believe that Rubio is viewed as more or less a steady hand during COVID and that would give him a boost and due to that would beat Biden in 2020 and be reelected.

Now the question is does Obamacare get repealed under President Rubio and my answer is no as well given that Kander and McGinty probably lose in 2016 if Rubio is the nominee while Heck and maybe Ayotte wins. So it would come down to whether John McCain voted against repealing Obamacare had more to do out of principle or just out of opposition to Trump cause btw if Obamacare is repealed, 2018 is still a disaster no matter what and democrats probably run on healthcare during the COVID Crises in 2020 and may win it all just like OTL.
Rubio wouldn't beaten Hillary Clinton in 2016
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2023, 03:50:58 PM »

Biden wouldn't have entered the 2020 campaign then. He just came back from retirement because of Trump.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies