Would you tell a child that Santa Claus is not real?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 02:39:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Would you tell a child that Santa Claus is not real?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Would you tell a child that Santa doesn't exist?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 32

Author Topic: Would you tell a child that Santa Claus is not real?  (Read 1097 times)
James Monroe

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 25, 2022, 02:49:13 PM »

If you had a child or were working within children, how would you address the Santa Claus myth? Do you tell them closely the man doesn't exist? What about saying to the child that Santa does exist, making. sure the child in question will continue to carry the special Christmas tradition until they become mature enough to figure out the man doesn't exist in the world? What does a person do to help talk about this subject with a child?

Personally, I'd just tell a child, if I had a child that is, that Santa Claus upright does not exist. If you tell a child at a really young age they will develop critical thinking skills needed to question any sort of authority in life, A child that knows the whole thing is a fallacy will not be falling into COVID disinformation in the long term, or say climate change is a hoax. Starting with this fact at a young age will prepare your child to think skeptically, which is the right path to gain rational sights into our world.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2022, 02:52:41 PM »

Children can figure it out on their own lol.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2022, 02:54:23 PM »

If you had a child or were working within children, how would you address the Santa Claus myth? Do you tell them closely the man doesn't exist? What about saying to the child that Santa does exist, making. sure the child in question will continue to carry the special Christmas tradition until they become mature enough to figure out the man doesn't exist in the world? What does a person do to help talk about this subject with a child?

Personally, I'd just tell a child, if I had a child that is, that Santa Claus upright does not exist. If you tell a child at a really young age they will develop critical thinking skills needed to question any sort of authority in life, A child that knows the whole thing is a fallacy will not be falling into COVID disinformation in the long term, or say climate change is a hoax. Starting with this fact at a young age will prepare your child to think skeptically, which is the right path to gain rational sights into our world.
Why don’t you believe in Santa Claus?
James Monroe

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2022, 02:57:03 PM »

Why don’t you believe in Santa Claus?

He burned in my chimmy when I was seven years old.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2022, 09:45:46 PM »

Depends on the age. At seven it's marginal right?
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2022, 09:48:11 PM »

If their parents were p**sing me off, yes.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2022, 11:40:21 PM »

I won't lie to kids about it, but I do approve of everyone else lying to children about it.  It lets us humans know at a young age that adults, authority figures and even your own freaking parents are willing to lie to your face, repeatedly and for years for trivial reasons.

I played the voice of Santa for my 3 year old grand child's first Christmas she's old enough to "get".  Her mother kind of dropped the ball (she's good at it) a bit so we took the "from Kiki and Papa" labels off the presents we got for her, put them in front of her bedroom door, rang some bells, knocked real loud and said "ho ho ho" then ran away.  Her mom said she said "I think that's Santa" and then after a pause "I'm a little scared".
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2022, 11:42:41 PM »
« Edited: December 25, 2022, 11:47:50 PM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

Well, the fact remains that no one has seen God but in Secular terms he is cause and Effect and the Universe he is given names thru prophets Christ, Moses, and Allah and Buddha, blks don't have an official divinity but they believed before Allah that Pharoah was God

ST NICK IS VERY SIMILAR IN STATUE TO GOD, ODIN, ZEUS, THOR, CHRIST ALL WERE DIVNITIES OF GOD AND SINCE GOD LOOK LIKE ST NICK THEN GOD IS JUST THE UNIVERSE OR CAUSE AND EFFECT

AFTERLIFE YOU GO TO NIRVANA OR REINCARNATION AND MAYBE THERE IS A JUDGEMENT DAY OR NOT

Look at what St Nick and Zeus or Odin look like they both have Grey beards, they got Divinities from Santa and Xmas is on Christ Birthday actually it wasn't his birthday it was in late Summer not in mid Dec

I associate Santa with God maybe he is a person or just cause and effect or maybe aliens that are on other Planets the Superheros Superman,and Thor were God's because they had more strength than us humans because they exist on other planets
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2022, 05:23:26 AM »

I am not saying God isn't real you can follow whichever prophet you chose John whom was the last disciple wrote Revelations, and it's very similar to Thor Ragnarok with Sulfer as the Devil and Thor was mythology and Bible is theology, but no one knows until we are Dead what is Nirvana
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2022, 05:25:41 AM »

Well, the fact remains that no one has seen God but in Secular terms he is cause and Effect and the Universe he is given names thru prophets Christ, Moses, and Allah and Buddha, blks don't have an official divinity but they believed before Allah that Pharoah was God

ST NICK IS VERY SIMILAR IN STATUE TO GOD, ODIN, ZEUS, THOR, CHRIST ALL WERE DIVNITIES OF GOD AND SINCE GOD LOOK LIKE ST NICK THEN GOD IS JUST THE UNIVERSE OR CAUSE AND EFFECT

AFTERLIFE YOU GO TO NIRVANA OR REINCARNATION AND MAYBE THERE IS A JUDGEMENT DAY OR NOT

Look at what St Nick and Zeus or Odin look like they both have Grey beards, they got Divinities from Santa and Xmas is on Christ Birthday actually it wasn't his birthday it was in late Summer not in mid Dec

I associate Santa with God maybe he is a person or just cause and effect or maybe aliens that are on other Planets the Superheros Superman,and Thor were God's because they had more strength than us humans because they exist on other planets
So do you believe in Santa Claus or not?
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2022, 05:50:04 AM »

Not unless it was my own kid.

As for when I'd tell my own kid....I'd think I'd let them figure it out on their own. On average around 8-9 feels about right to tell them.
Blow by blow, the passion dies
LeonelBrizola
YaBB God
Brazil

« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2022, 07:21:36 AM »

Yes
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2022, 09:00:31 AM »

No.

Belief systems are very important to mental stability, even if the belief is pure fantasy.

Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2022, 09:25:40 AM »

I did, as soon as she starting questioning it.  But it was time.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2022, 09:43:48 AM »

You would ruin an innocent child's day to own their parents? Wow. That's pretty low, man. Jesus.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2022, 10:07:33 AM »

My older brother when I was about 5 told me Santa was not real. I am still irritated at him for lying to me like that.
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2022, 12:35:58 PM »

Squashing the Santa Claus myth too early is pure cruelty.  Kids have wonderful capacities for imagination, and that is a joyous reprieve from our terminally meta, "ironic" and self-aware age. 
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2022, 12:42:58 PM »
« Edited: December 26, 2022, 12:48:20 PM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

Squashing the Santa Claus myth too early is pure cruelty.  Kids have wonderful capacities for imagination, and that is a joyous reprieve from our terminally meta, "ironic" and self-aware age.  

LOL Santa Claus is fiction, but Christ isnt Fiction who. Is the Divinity of God as I previously said and I'd you look at Zeus or Odin they look like Santa and the Bi Frost is part of the Ice Kingdom and where is Santa from Sweden

Why do you think St Nick is called a Saint because of Christ Jesus and Christ BDay but Christ wasn't born in Dec he was born in Late Summer

I said as a kid in the 80s that Santa was below God and God is above Jesus, but consider it the same 3 persons in 1 like the Holy Trinity but Santa is fiction
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2022, 01:08:49 PM »

LOL Santa Claus is fiction, but Christ isnt Fiction who. Is the Divinity of God as I previously said and I'd you look at Zeus or Odin they look like Santa and the Bi Frost is part of the Ice Kingdom and where is Santa from Sweden

Does Santa Claus align politically with Thor Odinson or Laufey of Jotunheim?
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2022, 01:46:57 PM »

Yes, and I would ask them to go around telling other children too.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2022, 02:02:47 PM »

You would ruin an innocent child's day to own their parents? Wow. That's pretty low, man. Jesus.
Hey, they gotta learn somehow. If the parents don’t get the message the Easter Bunny and Tooth Fairy are next.
nicholas.slaydon
Ukraine

« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2022, 03:01:58 PM »

I would never tell a child that Santa is real (in the typical American portrayal of Santa Claus). I would tell a child that he once was a real person who served as the Bishop of Myra in 4th century Anatolia, and was widely venerated and respected for his gift giving and wonder working, and that the contemporary traditions are in imitation and remembrance of the acts of a once great man.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2022, 03:12:57 PM »

Santa is a social construct but that doesn't mean he's not real.
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #23 on: December 26, 2022, 03:18:12 PM »

My thoughts:

Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #24 on: December 26, 2022, 06:54:15 PM »

I think it would be fun to do this, but I don't actually have the balls to.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies