Steve Young vs. Brett Favre
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 02:52:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Steve Young vs. Brett Favre
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who do you prefer?
Steve Young

Brett Favre

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 9

Author Topic: Steve Young vs. Brett Favre  (Read 348 times)
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 24, 2022, 09:50:29 PM »

Who's the better quarterback and better person overall? The two faced off against each other in 4 playoff matchups in the 1990s, with Favre winning 3 out of 4.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/49ers%E2%80%93Packers_rivalry
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2022, 04:50:31 AM »

Favre was objectively the better QB
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2022, 06:20:53 PM »

Favre has more numbers, but Young as better numbers

cite

Young is clearly a better human being, which is why I was going to pick him before even knowing he had better numbers.

Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2022, 06:26:44 PM »

I would pick Steve Young.  I liked the way he played the game. I also like the way he treated other people outside of the game of football.

Young is lucky he beat Favre in that 1998 wild card game.....the Packers had Young's number for years....
sting in the rafters
slimey56
Korea, Democratic People's Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.46, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2022, 09:39:32 PM »

I would pick Steve Young.  I liked the way he played the game. I also like the way he treated other people outside of the game of football.

Young is lucky he beat Favre in that 1998 wild card game.....the Packers had Young's number for years....

Packers fans insist to this day Jerry Rice did fumble. Nonetheless I give the edge to Favre despite belonging in prison for criminal embezzlement of public money. While Favre doesn't matching Young's efficiency nor mobility, Favre defined the modern day gunslinger archetype. There's a reason every cannon-armed QB since from Matt Stafford to Justin Herbert to Pat Mahomes has drawn Favre comparisons. Likewise while Favre benefitted from playing with stellar players from Sterling Sharpe to Ahman Green he never quite had the offensive talent which surrounded Young (most notably in the form of noted stick-um user GOAT WR Jerry Rice I will die on the hill that Moss is better. Finally there's something to be said for the ironman streak while Young's mobility resulted in concussions ultimately shortening his career.

Ultimately it comes down to longevity vs. peak and while Favre's numerous playoff chokings in the latter half of his career weigh him down it's hard to not side with the more complete body of work.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies