Has the 1.7 Trillion $ Spending Bill passed by Congress given Trump the 2024 Nomination?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 06, 2024, 05:37:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Has the 1.7 Trillion $ Spending Bill passed by Congress given Trump the 2024 Nomination?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Has the 1.7 Trillion $ Spending Bill passed by Congress given Trump the 2024 Nomination?  (Read 489 times)
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 23, 2022, 06:59:48 PM »
« edited: December 23, 2022, 07:23:54 PM by 2016 »

I am saying this only because I dived recently a lot into the 2016 Republican Primary Exit Polls.

In New Hampshire 47 % of Republican & Republican-leaning Independents said that they were betrayed by their own Politicians, 51 % said they did not.

https://edition.cnn.com/election/2016/primaries/polls/NH/Rep
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/primaries/nh/

The 47 % Number is very concerning. If you break that down to Votes who voted for Trump in 2016 37 % said that they felt betrayed by their own Politicians which fuelled Trumps NH Win and basically gave us Trump as Nominee.

This was uniquely confirmed in other Primary States in 2016 as well.

I unfortunately think if Mitch McConnell and Congressional Republicans keep selling out the Republican Base they will get Trump again in 2024.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2022, 07:12:46 PM »

What?
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2022, 07:25:35 PM »

I have seen no evidence whatsoever that high government spending has a dramatic effect on voters' candidate preference.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2022, 07:29:50 PM »

I have seen no evidence whatsoever that high government spending has a dramatic effect on voters' candidate preference.
The evidence may not be there among the General Election Electorate but there is certain evidence it is among Republican and Republican-leaning Primary Voters.

Why do you think almost all of the Trump endorsed Candidates in 2022 won their Primaries?
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2022, 07:55:30 PM »

The military's slush funds really need to be reined in.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2022, 08:51:45 PM »

The evidence may not be there among the General Election Electorate but there is certain evidence it is among Republican and Republican-leaning Primary Voters.

Why do you think almost all of the Trump endorsed Candidates in 2022 won their Primaries?

Almost all Republican primaries are decided based on culture-war issues and devotion to Trump is an important culture-war issue. If the money is being spent on people Republican voters don't like, then they will be angry about it, but I consider that to be a culture-war issue, not a spending one. Republican voters are and always have been fine with their people going to Washington and setting trillions of dollars on fire.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2022, 02:05:34 AM »

…no?

I don’t see why this would have any influence on a person’s preference for a primary being held over a year from now, especially when neither of the two major candidates were involved with that vote.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2022, 07:07:47 AM »

Trump passed an Omnibus in 2019 with Nancy Pelosi as Speaker

It would be very good for Ds to get Trump he not Biden has 31 Favs
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »