LGC 11.17 — mPox Vaccination Act — PASSED
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:17:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  LGC 11.17 — mPox Vaccination Act — PASSED
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: LGC 11.17 — mPox Vaccination Act — PASSED  (Read 275 times)
ZMUN M441
Adowemiti
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 22, 2022, 02:04:57 PM »
« edited: December 27, 2022, 02:42:56 PM by LGC Speaker ZMUN M441 »

mPox Vaccination Act

Section I - Title
This Bill may be cited as mPox Vaccination Act

Section II - mPox Vaccines

1. Lincoln will buy 1 million doses of mpox vaccines to offer to people who voluntarily want to be vaccined and spread them accordingly
a. 250.000 doses in hospitals around New York, NY
b. 150.000 doses in hospitals around Chicago, IL
c. 100.000 doses in hospitals around Boston, MA
d. 100.000 doses in hospitals around Philadelphia, PA
e. 50.000 doses in hospitals around Milwaukee, WI
f. 50.000 doses in hospitals around Detroit, MI
g. 50.000 doses in hospitals around Atlantic City, NJ
h. 50.000 doses in hospitals around Pittsburgh, PA
i. 25.000 doses in hospitals around Columbus, OH
j. 25.000 doses in hospitals around Cleveland, OH
k. 25.000 doses in hospitals around Cincinatti, OH
l. 25.000 doses in hospitals around Buffalo, NY
m. 25.000 doses in hospitals around Providence, RI
n. 25.000 doses in hospitals around Indianapolis, IN
o. 25.000 doses in hospitals around New Haven, CT
p. 25.000 doses in hospitals around Hartford, CT
q. 25.000 doses in hospitals around Springfield, MA
r. 25.000 doses in hospitals around Portland, ME

2. In the first two months after this act, this will be passed, the vaccinations will only be available to people considered at risk of contracting mpox:

a. all gay, bisexual, and other men who have sex with men (cisgender or transgender) ages 18 and older who have had multiple or anonymous sex partners in the last 14 days.

b. all gay, bisexual and other men who have sex with men (cisgender or transgender) aged 18 and older who self report to on a frequent base have multiple or anonymous sex partners

3. If more vaccines are still available after the two month period expired, all gay, bisexual, and other men who have sex with men will have the right to vaccine theirselves.

4. Hospitals will be allowed to exchange vaccines to other hospitals if they feel it's in the best interest to do that or if that is believed to more practical depending and given to the circumstances

5. The mpox vaccines are offered on a voluntary base, and no-one has the right at all times to require mpox vaccinations.

Section III - Effective Date
This legislation shall take effect immediately

Occupying: Slot 6 of 10
Sponsor: Lakigigar
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2022, 03:08:27 PM »

Doesnt this violate this other law yall just passed?

https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=530976.0
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2022, 03:15:06 PM »
« Edited: December 22, 2022, 03:19:06 PM by Laki »

I don't think it does, tho the act doesn't clarify whether positive discrimination is included. I want to keep note that the vaccines are voluntary and not required, and also aren't seen "as harmful intent".

I have looked up how to select what people should have access to vaccines first and are seen as most vulnerable

all gay, bisexual, and other men who have sex with men (cisgender or transgender) ages 18 and older who have had multiple or anonymous sex partners in the last 14 days.

This sentence for example i literally copied from the MPOX wiki page.

Lincoln has no MPox legislation acts yet, and i don't agree with the acts the south passed, which is giving fines to people who engaged in sexual activities where 3 or more people participate in. If we're talking about prejudices, the souths monkeypox acts has a lot of them.

I mean, feel free to improve the act wherever you wish to do so and propose an amendment, if you think there's a better solution.

All i want is to offer vaccinations to the people who want to and the people who could get the most use out of it. Just like we don't give food stamps to billionaires either.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2022, 03:32:47 PM »

I don't think it does, tho the act doesn't clarify whether positive discrimination is included. I want to keep note that the vaccines are voluntary and not required, and also aren't seen "as harmful intent".

I have looked up how to select what people should have access to vaccines first and are seen as most vulnerable

all gay, bisexual, and other men who have sex with men (cisgender or transgender) ages 18 and older who have had multiple or anonymous sex partners in the last 14 days.

Lincoln has no MPox legislation acts yet, and i don't agree with the acts the south passed, which is giving fines to people who engaged in sexual activities where 3 or more people participate in. If we're talking about prejudices, the souths monkeypox acts has a lot of them.

I mean, feel free to improve the act wherever you wish to do so and propose an amendment, if you think there's a better solution.

All i want is to offer vaccinations to the people who want to and the people who could get the most use out of it. Just like we don't give food stamps to billionaires either.

I just want to point out that the South was the only Region who correctly identified the source of monkeypox spread way back in May when it began.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2022, 03:35:48 PM »

I just want to point out that the South was the only Region who correctly identified the source of monkeypox spread way back in May when it began.

That's true, i was not elected at the time and I guess most of the other regions were too busy with the Kansas Crisis and its consequences.

Look we're in congress for a reason, if people disagree, make an amendment.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2022, 04:09:32 PM »

Lincoln can do whatever it wants as long as it doesnt harm southerners. Im not saying you cant pass your law as is, i was just pointing out the irony of having a law that discriminates based on orientation 1 month after banning discrimination based on orientation. If Lincoln wanted to make hinduism the regional religion and require its people to hop on 1 leg on thursdays I wouldnt care. Thats the beauty of regional rights.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2022, 11:00:47 PM »
« Edited: December 22, 2022, 11:07:10 PM by Laki »

Lincoln can do whatever it wants as long as it doesnt harm southerners. Im not saying you cant pass your law as is, i was just pointing out the irony of having a law that discriminates based on orientation 1 month after banning discrimination based on orientation. If Lincoln wanted to make hinduism the regional religion and require its people to hop on 1 leg on thursdays I wouldnt care. Thats the beauty of regional rights.

I agree with what you say about regional rights, but I fail to see what the "irony" is or what is supposed to be discriminating about this act. You could make a case for "positive discrimination", but i don't think it is useful if you make vaccinations available for all people, if they're not in a risk group. Maybe my usage of "risk group" is discriminating but than the science itself is discriminating.

But if people have trouble with it, i'm willing to remove 2.2 from the act, and that would remove the issue, unless you think the geographical distribution in 2.1 is also a form of discrimination.

I'm looking at this from a healthcare viewpoint, not from a "intention to harm" or "intention to discriminate" point of view.

I'm already adopting the term "mPox" to avoid association with "monkeypox" which is considered to be a term that is easily associated with prejudices (due to the prefix "monkey"). Scientists will gradually over the following year adopt the term mPox because of that.

I want to note additionally that Lincoln has no mPox legislations as of now (yet), and that this one is an act which would impose no restrictions whatsoever (except for what people would be able to get the vaccines initially).
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2022, 11:11:01 PM »

PROPOSED AMENDMENT:

mPox Vaccination Act

Section I - Title
This Bill may be cited as mPox Vaccination Act

Section II - mPox Vaccines

1. Lincoln will buy 1 million doses of mpox vaccines to offer to people who voluntarily want to be vaccined and spread them accordingly
a. 250.000 doses in hospitals around New York, NY
b. 150.000 doses in hospitals around Chicago, IL
c. 100.000 doses in hospitals around Boston, MA
d. 100.000 doses in hospitals around Philadelphia, PA
e. 50.000 doses in hospitals around Milwaukee, WI
f. 50.000 doses in hospitals around Detroit, MI
g. 50.000 doses in hospitals around Atlantic City, NJ
h. 50.000 doses in hospitals around Pittsburgh, PA
i. 25.000 doses in hospitals around Columbus, OH
j. 25.000 doses in hospitals around Cleveland, OH
k. 25.000 doses in hospitals around Cincinatti, OH
l. 25.000 doses in hospitals around Buffalo, NY
m. 25.000 doses in hospitals around Providence, RI
n. 25.000 doses in hospitals around Indianapolis, IN
o. 25.000 doses in hospitals around New Haven, CT
p. 25.000 doses in hospitals around Hartford, CT
q. 25.000 doses in hospitals around Springfield, MA
r. 25.000 doses in hospitals around Portland, ME

2. In the first two months after this act, this will be passed, the vaccinations will only be available to people considered at risk of contracting mpox:

a. all gay, bisexual, and other men who have sex with men (cisgender or transgender) ages 18 and older who have had multiple or anonymous sex partners in the last 14 days.

b. all gay, bisexual and other men who have sex with men (cisgender or transgender) aged 18 and older who self report to on a frequent base have multiple or anonymous sex partners

3. If more vaccines are still available after the two month period expired, all gay, bisexual, and other men who have sex with men will have the right to vaccine theirselves.

2. Lincoln recommends the vaccine only to people who believe they need it and who self-report to regularly have sexual activity with people they don't know well or people who self-report having had unsafe sex as they are at bigger risk of contracting the disease

4. 3. Hospitals will be allowed to exchange vaccines to other hospitals if they feel it's in the best interest to do that or if that is believed to more practical depending and given to the circumstances

5. 4. The mpox vaccines are offered on a voluntary base, and no-one has the right at all times to require mpox vaccinations.

Section III - Effective Date
This legislation shall take effect immediately

Maybe it is indeed too restrictive on who can be vaccinated.

Just don't think hypochondriac people need to be vaccinated but anyways, this should remove the controversy.
ZMUN M441
Adowemiti
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2022, 09:34:51 PM »

The Laki amendment is adopted.
ZMUN M441
Adowemiti
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2022, 06:38:56 PM »

Motioning for a final vote.
ZMUN M441
Adowemiti
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2022, 05:07:46 AM »

A final vote on this bill has been initiated.

Aye
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2022, 03:10:11 PM »

Aye
Vice President Christian Man