Would you oppose Arabs invading/annexing Israeli territory?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 11:00:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Would you oppose Arabs invading/annexing Israeli territory?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Would you oppose Arabs invading/annexing Israeli territory?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 65

Author Topic: Would you oppose Arabs invading/annexing Israeli territory?  (Read 1565 times)
SlavicOrthodoxWolf
Rookie
Kazakhstan

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 21, 2022, 08:09:12 PM »

Apparently half of this forum supports doing that to Russia. I wonder how different the results will be to this question.
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2022, 10:34:45 PM »

What do you think?
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2022, 10:36:30 PM »

Obviously a Yes vote. If you voted No then Bergen isn't the capital of Norway.
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2022, 10:36:37 PM »

Yes, Cora, just as strongly as I would oppose the opposite.
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2022, 10:40:02 PM »

What Arabs and what Israeli territory? Are we talking about Palestinians getting sovereignty over the West Bank or Hamas occupying Tel Aviv?
SlavicOrthodoxWolf
Rookie
Kazakhstan

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2022, 10:43:53 PM »

What Arabs and what Israeli territory? Are we talking about Palestinians getting sovereignty over the West Bank or Hamas occupying Tel Aviv?
The latter, which would be equivalent to "Ukraine annexing Russian territory", which I understood to mean territory internationally recognized as part of Russia.
Vice President Christian Man
Christian Man
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -2.26

P P P

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2022, 10:56:16 PM »

Yes
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2022, 02:41:17 AM »

Hmm
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2022, 08:42:18 AM »

Well if Ukraine is allowed to take back Crimea, i don't see why Palestine wouldn't be allowed to take back what is theirs.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2022, 11:56:31 AM »

Well if Ukraine is allowed to take back Crimea, i don't see why Palestine wouldn't be allowed to take back what is theirs.

What would you consider "theirs", Belgian child?
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2022, 05:27:56 PM »

What would you consider "theirs", Belgian child?

From the river to the sea ...
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2022, 05:33:11 PM »

Hard yes. We don't need to bring back conquest as an accepted means to gain territory, with slavery or death for the conquered peoples.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2022, 11:34:07 PM »

The Arab states invaded Israel multiple times, though, whereas Russia is the one that did the invading in the Ukrainian case so the comparison doesn't fit.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2022, 08:06:39 AM »

The Arab states invaded Israel multiple times, though, whereas Russia is the one that did the invading in the Ukrainian case so the comparison doesn't fit.

The creation of Israël can also be seen as whites/Europeans invading the Arab world.
Lexii, harbinger of chaos and sexual anarchy
Alex
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2022, 08:29:54 AM »

The creation of Israël can also be seen as whites/Europeans invading the Arab world.

I'm pretty sure that the majority of Israelis have always been of Sephardic and Mizrahi origins
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2022, 09:46:56 AM »

I actually typed up something like this last night (in a sarcastic fashion of course), then decided against it because I didn't want to poison the well.  Something like this....
The Arabs can't be blamed for wanting to murder every Jew they can get their hands on, the Jews are colonizers you see!  That's why it's ok to blow up buses of them in countries far away from the Middle East.
I believe celebrating such actions is what got Cora banned.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2022, 10:49:30 AM »
« Edited: December 23, 2022, 10:56:12 AM by Laki »

I actually typed up something like this last night (in a sarcastic fashion of course), then decided against it because I didn't want to poison the well.  Something like this....
The Arabs can't be blamed for wanting to murder every Jew they can get their hands on, the Jews are colonizers you see!  That's why it's ok to blow up buses of them in countries far away from the Middle East.
I believe celebrating such actions is what got Cora banned.

I am talking about Israël, not about Jews. Arab doesn't mean Muslim too. Also my post was totally not like that.

I'm pretty sure that the majority of Israelis have always been of Sephardic and Mizrahi origins

By that logic, Hungary should claim all of central Russia too given they are "Finno-Ugric" and not "European". It doesn't work like that, we're talking about modern history.

The region was in the 19th century dominantly Arab/Muslim.

OP has a point if we're talking about taking Crimea back in 2050 if Crimea or Donbass is largely Russian in 2050, because that is exactly what countries do after they've conquered territory and if they claim territory based on ethnicity and nationalities.

Talking about double standards...

I have a hard time believing people who talk about multiculturalism while supporting Israel, given it's an apartheid state and where the original people are being repressed today. While the argument that Israël is a more liberal and democratic state and that this is why we need to support Israël, largely is traced back to Islamophobic sentiment (and those same people attack people who criticize Israël on antisemitism).
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2022, 11:01:01 AM »
« Edited: December 23, 2022, 11:06:24 AM by Laki »

I mean it's okay, Israël can exist there because of Sephardic and Mizrahi origins, but all white Americans with Italian, Irish, German, French, Spanish ancestry all should return to Europe too, given North America or both Americas are historically solely native American.

If that is what we try to aim for, well leave your country and return to Europe, which in your case is likely Spain.

[unless you made the argument that Israelis are not white, tbf i don't even care if they're considered white not, some Afro-American activists consider hispanics and asian-americans also whites, famously mayor of San Francisco London Breed].

The point is today it is a western civilisation, allied with the west while the Arab states largely are not, or only allied for the money or because they have common enemies, and realize the west cannot be defeated if all non western powers gang up against us, we still would be victorious.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2022, 11:59:25 AM »

Use your brains for this one: what did the whites/Europeans do to these invaders thar could've caused their invasion?

And you didn't answer the question: which territories should Palestine be allowed to take back?
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2022, 12:04:01 PM »
« Edited: December 23, 2022, 12:12:46 PM by Laki »

Use your brains for this one: what did the whites/Europeans do to these invaders thar could've caused their invasion?

And you didn't answer the question: which territories should Palestine be allowed to take back?

And why do the Arabs need to be punished for that. I get "the motive behind" wanting to create a Jewish state. But the state was already populated by Arabs. Why couldn't a white European country or the defenders of israel, America offered a home in their own country. New Jersey had lots of Jewish people already. They could've made New Jersey Israël. Oh yeah, exactly, i guess western powers didn't want that. And an arab power just has to do what a western power says, right. And doesn't have the right to agree or disagree since arabs are lesser beings, something like that I suppose.

To answer your question: all, but with protected status for Israelis and jews and christians and other religions in the constitution in exchange. There are countries that work like that.

I will reject a purely Jewish state if 40% is muslim. It has to be a multicultural ones that give minorities and other cultures the rights. If muslims wanna be muslims and jews wanna be jews go ahead, but leave each other in peace.

If America wants to support a pure Jewish state, they should seize some land of their own as they've supported it for 80 years. And the best state to do that is New Jersey, and give all inhabitants double nationality (American-Israeli) for whoever wants to.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2022, 12:16:59 PM »

And another statement, BRTD's thread fits very well here.

"The US was wrong to invade Iraq, therefore it's OK for Russia to invade Ukraine." fits very well here

"The nazis were wrong to exterminate the Jews, therefore it's OK for Israelis to exterminate Arabs".

Same similarity as BRTDs thread title.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2022, 12:19:26 PM »

And why do the Arabs need to be punished for that. I get "the motive behind" wanting to create a Jewish state. But the state was already populated by Arabs. Why couldn't a white European country or the defenders of israel, America offered a home in their own country. New Jersey had lots of Jewish people already. They could've made New Jersey Israël. Oh yeah, exactly, i guess western powers didn't want that. And an arab power just has to do what a western power says, right. And doesn't have the right to agree or disagree since arabs are lesser beings, something like that I suppose.

To answer your question: all, but with protected status for Israelis and jews and christians and other religions in the constitution in exchange. There are countries that work like that.

I will reject a purely Jewish state if 40% is muslim. It has to be a multicultural ones that give minorities and other cultures the rights. If muslims wanna be muslims and jews wanna be jews go ahead, but leave each other in peace.

If America wants to support a pure Jewish state, they should seize some land of their own as they've supported it for 80 years. And the best state to do that is New Jersey, and give all inhabitants double nationality (American-Israeli) for whoever wants to.

Israel is the Jewish homeland, though, and there were many Jews in Israel in ancient times before they were forced out by various regimes.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2022, 12:31:38 PM »
« Edited: December 23, 2022, 12:35:08 PM by Laki »

Israel is the Jewish homeland, though, and there were many Jews in Israel in ancient times before they were forced out by various regimes.

And is this the reason why need to force out the Arabs out of their homeland.

What about the homeland of the Native Americans. I mean if everyone would act like this, there would never be peace in the world anymore.

It's like saying i need to be forced out of my country because it used to be French, Austrian, Spanish, Roman, German, Celt, Gallic?

There are many people in the world today without a homeland, many, tons in Russia, the Arab world (like Kurdistan) and China and USA & Latin America for example.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2022, 12:36:28 PM »

What about the homeland of the Native Americans. I mean if everyone would act like this, there would never be peace in the world anymore.

A forced exodus isn't justifiable but Israel has a right to exist imo. My point was that European Jews didn't come to Israel randomly, and Palestine wasn't chosen as a Jewish homeland at random either.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2022, 12:39:08 PM »

A forced exodus isn't justifiable but Israel has a right to exist imo. My point was that Jews didn't come to Israel randomly, and Palestine wasn't chosen as a Jewish homeland at random.

To be clear, i believe that Israël has a right to exist too, but my issues are with that "forced exodus" and the treatment of Arabs and non-jews in their country.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies