Political Future of the 10 Pro-Impeachment House Republicans?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 06:09:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Political Future of the 10 Pro-Impeachment House Republicans?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Political Future of the 10 Pro-Impeachment House Republicans?  (Read 458 times)
ShadowRocket
cb48026

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 15, 2022, 04:53:47 PM »

Dan Newhouse and David Valadao both one won reelection this year. Cheney and Kinzinger are probably done.

But what about Peter Meijer and Anthony Gonzalez who are both still young?
BenjiG98
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.00, S: -2.26

P P P
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2022, 04:56:28 PM »

Meijer has been floated as a possibility to run for his old seat again in 2024 (unlikely to happen or go anywhere) and Gonzalez has an MBA so I imagine he'll do get involved in some kind of business and probably won't run for office again.
Zenobiyl
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2022, 08:34:49 PM »

Newhouse probably goes down in the primary in 2024, and Valadao wins the primary and is slightly favored in the general.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2022, 03:38:45 PM »

Newhouse probably goes down in the primary in 2024, and Valadao wins the primary and is slightly favored in the general.

Are you forgetting about jungle primaries? Newhouse finished first in the 2022 jungle with only a single Democrat in the race, so he should make it into the top two fairly easily.

Is Smiley expected to run? She ran as a fairly establishment GOP figure in the senate race and I'm not sure she'd actually go for the seat unless Newhouse retired, or that she'd clear the anti-Newhouse lane for herself if he does run.
Zenobiyl
United States

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2022, 05:39:40 PM »

Are you forgetting about jungle primaries? Newhouse finished first in the 2022 jungle with only a single Democrat in the race, so he should make it into the top two fairly easily.

Is Smiley expected to run? She ran as a fairly establishment GOP figure in the senate race and I'm not sure she'd actually go for the seat unless Newhouse retired, or that she'd clear the anti-Newhouse lane for herself if he does run.
The anti-Newhouse R vote was split 3 ways. I'm guessing they'll learn their lesson and coalesce around one candidate next time.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2022, 06:00:54 PM »

Valadao only wins the GE if there are enough Ticket Splitters like there were in 2020.

And Newhouse is approaching his 70ties. Tiffany Smiley is from his District.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2022, 06:02:59 PM »

The anti-Newhouse R vote was split 3 ways. I'm guessing they'll learn their lesson and coalesce around one candidate next time.

Newhouse still finished ahead of the one Democrat so he’d be favored to make the top two next time.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies