Why aren't Russians seen as victims even though 27 million of them were killed by Nazis? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 12:21:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Why aren't Russians seen as victims even though 27 million of them were killed by Nazis? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why aren't Russians seen as victims even though 27 million of them were killed by Nazis?  (Read 2380 times)
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« on: December 13, 2022, 02:02:18 AM »

"Only" 14% of the USSR's population died. On the contrary, over 40% of the Jewish population was killed.

Regardless, your logic that Russia can do whatever since it is surrounded by NATO imperialism should also apply to Israel, since it is surrounded by countries that hate it.
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2022, 11:17:08 PM »

"Only" 14% of the USSR's population died. On the contrary, over 40% of the Jewish population was killed.

Regardless, your logic that Russia can do whatever since it is surrounded by NATO imperialism should also apply to Israel, since it is surrounded by countries that hate it.

It's done plenty to warrant some of that hate - let's not pretend Israel is solely the victim here and doesn't do anything wrong and has never done anything wrong. We get plenty of that from the politicians in DC already. In any case, I think Israel's doing just fine with the US, not to mention plenty of other heavy-hitters, safely in its pocket. The way most American politicians - in both parties, to be sure - grovel for Israel and close their eyes and ears to anything bad it does (and yes, there's plenty) is beyond pathetic.

That said, the OP is a Massive HP and this schtick of his is quite disgusting (and, to be sure, NOT AT ALL representative of the way most of the moderates on the Israel/Palestine debate, or the pro-Palestine people, think - they support Ukraine, unlike the OP, who is a pro-Putin hack).

I never said I agreed with OP's logic, I'm just applying it equally. Since I don't think Russia should be allowed to invade Ukraine because it is surrounded by countries that hate it, I also believe that Israel shouldn't be allowed to use the fact that they border places like Syria and Lebanon to oppress Palestinians.
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2022, 10:40:19 PM »

It's done plenty to warrant some of that hate - let's not pretend Israel is solely the victim here and doesn't do anything wrong and has never done anything wrong. We get plenty of that from the politicians in DC already. In any case, I think Israel's doing just fine with the US, not to mention plenty of other heavy-hitters, safely in its pocket. The way most American politicians - in both parties, to be sure - grovel for Israel and close their eyes and ears to anything bad it does (and yes, there's plenty) is beyond pathetic.

That said, the OP is a Massive HP and this schtick of his is quite disgusting (and, to be sure, NOT AT ALL representative of the way most of the moderates on the Israel/Palestine debate, or the pro-Palestine people, think - they support Ukraine, unlike the OP, who is a pro-Putin hack).

I'm not a pro-Putin hack. I have been critical of Putin on many occasions. In fact I am thoroughly disgusted by the way he just sat by for eight years while the Ukrainian fascist regime genocided Russians in Donbass. It's good that he FINALLY decided to act, but he should have done it years ago.

Imagine hating Putin because he didn't murder Ukrainians fast enough.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies