What Comes After: A 2024 Game (Gameplay-PAUSED) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 10:11:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  What Comes After: A 2024 Game (Gameplay-PAUSED) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What Comes After: A 2024 Game (Gameplay-PAUSED)  (Read 18045 times)
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« on: December 13, 2022, 07:38:50 PM »

March 2023,
Amidst swirling rumors, Justin Amash releases a book billed as a tell all about his congressional term and his decision to retire early from congress. Curiously, the book tour begins in Iowa...

April 2023,
A long book tour through Iowa, New Hampshire, Georgia, and many other early primary states was capped off by an appearance alongside another former congressman, Ron Paul. The two announced that they would be co-hosting a podcast soon.

May 2023,
Towards the end of the first episode of their podcast, Paul asked Amash a question regarding the presidency and if the other has intent to run. Amash stated that he'd be making a decision soon.

Two days later, Amash formed an exploratory committee.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2022, 02:56:53 PM »

Justin Amash announces unity candidacy for president

At a press conference, fmr congressman Justin Amash announced his candidacy for president, and immediately opened up for questions. Inevitably, the first question was on party as Amash had recently been critical of the republican party on his podcast with Ron Paul, and commanded the longstanding respect of libertarians.
His answer was as follows, "I will be campaigning for the republican primaries, and I will be attending the Libertarian National Convention. It's time that the animosity of two parties which should be allies be addressed."
Amash will be running on a platform to end the two-party system, restore constitutional ideals, and promote freedom in all aspects of government.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2022, 01:01:25 PM »

Exerpt from speech in Ames, May 2023

"Human life is sacred, and I oppose any form of death penalty. My administration would work towards a federal ban on the death penalty, and against expansion of abortion."

Justin Amash went on to do another two speeches in Iowa regarding his prolife stances, established a campaign headquarters for the state, attend 4 fundraisers, and begin an extensive ground discussion with voters before moving onto New Hampshire to establish his campaign there.

Dinner with libertarian party leaders

"Our best path to being a party that has a say in how this country is governed is to unite with the republican party. We agree on enough. If we want lower taxes, protected privacy, and a smaller government, then we need to reevaluate and organize more efficiently."

Amash met with party leaders for the republican state party as well, advocating for greater cooperation between the entities. After establishing headquarters, Amash spoke at 6 events across the state including 2 fundraisers.

Afterwards, his campaign organized the ground game in state as well and in Georgia and Nevada. The candidate appeared with Ron Paul at 3 events starting in NH and ending in NV.

Exerpt from speech in NV

"I'm here to change the race; Vice President Harris believes the presidency to be hers by right, and the best issue Republicans have been able to come up with at this point is rumors of Governor DeSantis' personal life. This race needs to be about the issues; about how best to govern."

During a Q&A following the speech the following exchange occured:

"Representative Amash, your historic campaign of running for both the republican and libertarian nomination concurrently is unprecedented. Will you include the democratic nomination in your plans?"

"Democrats will vote for me if they believe I'm the best choice, I hope, but for now I will not be running in that contest. If Democrats were to show me they wanted me, I may change my mind, but running for one major party nomination is a huge undertaking that requires a lot of money and attention let alone two."
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2022, 10:21:34 AM »

Opening statements
"For far too long we have been forced to choose between the lesser of two evils, I'm on this stage to tell you that there is a new choice; liberty and freedom. In an Amash Administration you can expect the protection of life in all stages, an ending to the heinous act of civil forfeiture, a constitutional amendment requiring a balanced budget, and not a single American life lost to illegal war. Together, we can choose freedom."

Answers:
2. I did not raise my hand. President Trump's refusal to accept reality is conducent to the behavior of a child.
3. I was quite young through the Reagan era, but I guess he'd count anyway. While I don't agree with him on every policy, President Reagan showed a level of communication that hasn't been matched in the oval office since.
4. As many people might know already, I support a cut, cap, and balance plan. I'd start with cutting back runaway government spending in order to relieve our debt. Then I would place a cap on government spending that limits how much we can spend; I'd also tie this cap to inflation rates. Then finally, I'd put precedent in the constotion to require a balanced budget. Excessive spending is half the problem as the federal reserve prints money out of thin air. I support an audit of the fed.
5. I've already voted for legislation that would ban abortion at various stages. I'm 100 percent pro-life Abortion should be illegal and my administration would not give a penny to institutions that would use it to perform abortion.

6. The trust of the people is giving to those who deliver their promises. If you look at my record, everything I did in congress is in line with my beliefs. You are getting someone who wants to work with the system, and not try to break it for their own selfish goals. This statement may lose me some votes, but I'd rather do something patriotic when its unpopular than base my policy on what polls well.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies