What Comes After: A 2024 Game (Gameplay-PAUSED) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 04:47:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  What Comes After: A 2024 Game (Gameplay-PAUSED) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What Comes After: A 2024 Game (Gameplay-PAUSED)  (Read 18022 times)
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« on: December 12, 2022, 01:22:11 AM »

While Former Vice President Mike Pence has all but decided on running for President, he and his family insist that no formal announcement will be made, likely until between Memorial Day and July 4.

In the meantime, Pence has filed paperwork with the FEC so he can begin fundraising, and has begun putting together his campaign team.

Mike Pence Campaign Team

Campaign Manager: Kellyanne Conway
Press Secretary/Communications Director: Sean Spicer
Advisors: Foreign/Domestic Policy: TBD
Chief Polling Companies used: SurveyUSA, McLaughlin
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2022, 01:50:42 AM »

While Mike Pence has yet to formally enter the race, the former Vice President is already courting endorsements.

Pence hopes to enter his campaign with a trio of high-profile endorsements, and has been spotted in both Utah and Washington D.C, courting Senator Mitt Romney, in Wisconsin, courting former Representative Paul Ryan, and in Iowa, where he is courting former Ambassador to China and Governor Terry Branstad.

In addition, at the behest of Senator McConnell, Pence has been seen meeting with both Senators Sinema and Manchin, trying to determine what it would take to get both Senators to switch parties, and flip Senate control to the Republicans.

A formal Pence announcement is now scheduled for sometime after Easter.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2022, 03:10:52 AM »

Pence statement on Apache Lake

Like Donald Trump before her, Kari Lake, in stoking riots, and actively denying the results of a legitimate election, is actively committing treason, and rebellion against the lawfully elected government of Arizona.

I call on the lawful authorities of Arizona, Governor Hobbs and Attorney General Mayes, to do the right thing and have Lake arrested. Failing that I call upon Attorney General Garland to have Lake arrested.

We can't have another attempted coup. I had to flee for my life three years ago. I don't want to see it happen to anyone else.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2022, 08:32:24 AM »

Mike Pence responds to Kari Lake'

At least my wife and I are loyal Americans, who will do anything for this country, unlike you.

You, like your puppetmaster Trump, would sell us out to Russia, China, Saudi Arabia, you name it, in a millisecond if it would benefit you.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2022, 10:41:13 AM »

Pence response to Gavin Newsom

Governor, why don't you worry about who you're going to appoint to the Senate when Senator Feinstein kicks the bucket, rather than meddling in our primary?
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2022, 11:06:07 AM »

Pence statement

Obviously, I think every one of us hopes that Senator Feinstein is able to finish her term. That would indeed be the ideal scenario for both her and for California at large. But eighty-nine year old people do not have particularly long life expectancies, and while everyone hopes that she will be able to finish her term, speculating about what might happen in the event she is unable to is pefectly appropriate in my opinion.

And Madam Vice President, my comments have nothing to do about Senator Feinstein's political party. Indeed, I feel the same way about Chuck Grassley, and like me, he's a Republican.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2022, 04:42:37 PM »
« Edited: December 13, 2022, 04:51:35 PM by GM Team Member NewYorkExpress »

Mike Pence on Mike Lindell's recent moves.

Okay, so not only has the MyPillow Guy gone cuckoo-bananas...I mean seriously, he's been sued for claiming the 2020 election was rigged, against all evidence, he's claimed Trump will be "reinstated as President", whatever the hell that means, and he apparently supported Trump overthrowing the government ad declaring Martial Law in the aftermath of the Capitol Coup.

Now, he's using his products to enrich his campaign, or maybe it's the other way around, just like Trump did.

It wasn't right then, and it isn't now.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2022, 05:06:32 PM »
« Edited: December 13, 2022, 05:14:39 PM by GM Team Member NewYorkExpress »

April 18, 2023

Jack Trice Stadium, Ames, Iowa

I know, you've been hearing a lot from me the past couple of months, and years. Almost five years ago I was on a ticket with Donald Trump, and let me tell you, that ended up being the biggest mistake of my life. However, four years of being his Vice President, through all of the chaos, through nearly being murdered when he lost, taught me one thing:

I can do a better job of being President.

And it's time for a better President. Our last two Presidents have been abject failures. One actively aided in an insurrection against our great nation, and our incumbent is practically senile, needing the help of his staff to simply find the Oval Office.

Our Foreign Policy has been terrible. One President was in thrall to Russia, and one is in thrall to China.

Our Domestic policy has been terrible. One President let hundreds of thousands die so he could win reelection. Our incumbent has seen fit to ignore the crisis at the border, which is also claiming thousands of lives a month.

One President focused on enriching himself above all else. Our incumbent focuses on taking money away from America, and putting it in the hands of hostile foreign powers.

To correct all this, and be better, this is why I am running for President.

I'm Mike Pence, and I am running for you.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2022, 08:35:49 PM »

Mike Pence responds to Kari Lake's attacks on Nikki Haley

Kari, when President Trump wanted someone to corral votes so his tax cut plan could pass Congress, I was there.

When he needed someone to explain to the world why we were reinstating sanctions on Iran and Cuba, Ambassador Haley was there.

You weren't as loyal to Trump as either of us were, so don't even go there. It'll end with you in a world of pain.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2022, 07:46:53 PM »

Mike Pence in Ames, Iowa

Well, I'd like to say that being heckled is new, but quite honestly, it really isn't. They were doing this to me in Indiana, and they did it to me as Vice President. You just have to take it in stride and understand that for every person who supports you, there will always be half a dozen people who hate everything you stand for.

Pence on State of the Union, April 23, 2023

Dana Bash So, Mike, you've been off to a rocky start on the campaign trail. Why?

Mike Pence: I speak the truth as I see it, and if that means that I am out of step with my party, then so be it. I'm not the only Republican running with this problem. Governor Hogan is also dramatically out of step with our party, which is a damn shame, because out of all of us running, I honestly think he'd be the best President.

Dana Bash So, you've been attacking candidates to your right, Kari Lake, Mike Lindell, and by association Roger Stone and Matt Gaetz. Given that these candidates represent the Republican base, why do you think this is a winning strategy?

Mike Pence: Sometimes, what's best for the party and for the country isn't what would win me the nomination, Kari, Roger,Mike and Representative Gaetz actively participated in attempting to overthrow the government and having me killed just over two years ago, and they should, in my opinion, be on death row for it, not running for President.

Dana Bash: So, have you thought at all about possible running mates?

Mike Pence I'd love to have Governor DeSantis or Senator Rubio as my running mate if I win the nomination, but we are a long way from next summer, and a lot can change.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2022, 08:16:49 PM »

Mike Pence responds to Larry Hogan, Sioux City, Iowa, April 24, 2023.

Governor, I never meant to say that you are not a Republican. You are, just as much as I am. But the lunatics that make up the base think we aren't because we don't genuflect and bow down to Donald Trump. That's where I was going with that comment.

It was not intended as an attack against you, and I apologize if you took it as such. Out of all of us running, I really do think you'd make the best President, and I meant that from the bottom of my heart.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2022, 11:58:04 PM »

Pence response to Josh Hawley, May 1, 2023, Greer, South Carolina

Senator, I'm not the person who is up on criminal charges right now. That's your Orange Jesus. I mean, I'll forever be thankful to Trump for making me Vice President because I would have lost reelection as Governor of Indiana otherwise, but quite frankly the man is a menace and a traitor, and so is anyone who is still defending him.

Pence speech, Portsmouth Naval Shipyard, Kittery, Maine, May 3, 2023

Frankly, the past seven years of foreign policy have been a disaster. We had President Trump, who was literally taking orders from Vladimir Putin, and quite frankly committed treason with every action he took in the White House, made America less safe by, quite frankly, not considering the ramifications of his actions on us, let alone the rest of the world, and offending almost all of allies.

President Biden, meanwhile has decided to lead from behind. We are the greatest country in the world, and Biden's vision of our foreign policy shows weakness to our enemies. The minute Russia sent troops into Ukraine, Biden should have either sent our army in to back up the Ukrainians, or turned Russia into a radioactive wasteland in retaliation. That's showing strength, and that's how America leads. Not this wishy-washy crap Biden's been doing.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2022, 02:54:21 AM »

Vice President Pence spent the summer rotating through the early states. While he no longer expects to win the nomination, his goal is to do as much damage to the Trump wing of the Party as possible before his inevitable exit, and campaign rallies and speeches took the tone of pure seething hatred against Trump wing.

Basically, if Pence was going down, he would take the Trumpists with him.

When not on the campaign trail, Pence spent time preparing for the debate, and fundraising, hoping to have ads on the air by the fall.

Among the attack lines used by the campaign are continued calls for the arrest of Stone, Lindell, Lake and Gaetz, and attacking DeSantis as a pedophile for his alleged affair with a sixteen year old.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2022, 05:41:11 PM »

Mike Pence debate answers

Opening Statement:

We stand at a crossroads between those who want to move on as party, and those who are too busy genuflecting to Donald Trump. We need to pick the former and reject the latter.

1. I will never raise my hand to a question like that. Trump literally tried to have me killed in a temper tantrum, why would I support him and say he won?

2. I don't have a favorite Republican President. Every one of them, except for Trump, did what they felt was right for the country, and I admire that.

3. There's a saying about the President. He can't control the economy, but he gets blamed when things go wrong related to it. That's basically the inflation crisis in a nutshell, there isn't much I, or any other President can do, and anything I try likely would make things worse.

4. Not only would I support a national abortion ban with no exceptions being passed today, as President, I would declare martial law in any state with legal abortions for the sole purpose of preventing abortions.

5. I probably should have made it more clear those comments were my opinion, but I'm not going to apologize for having opinions, especially about people who tried to have me killed.

What I am going to do, is announce that as of the conclusion of this debate, I will suspend my campaign for the Presidency. It's clear to me that Republican Primary voters are more interested in electing literal traitors then they are in decent people.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies