What Comes After: A 2024 Game (Gameplay-PAUSED)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:19:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  What Comes After: A 2024 Game (Gameplay-PAUSED)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 22
Author Topic: What Comes After: A 2024 Game (Gameplay-PAUSED)  (Read 17917 times)
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #250 on: January 12, 2023, 08:57:18 PM »

Nikki Haley Campaign Ad: "Democrats' Favorite Republican"
Airing in Iowa, New Hampshire, Nevada and South Carolina

Voiceover: Why is Kari Lake Democrats' favorite Republican?  Maybe it's because she lost to a liberal Democrat when she ran for Governor of Arizona, then took a page out of Al Gore and Stacey Abrams' playbook by claiming the election was stolen.  Lake admitted to voting for liberals like John Kerry and Barack Obama, and she betrayed our men and women in arms by attacking their efforts to free Iraq from the tyranny of Saddam Hussein.  She even attacked the service of a true American hero, John McCain.  And Lake echoes liberal talking points, declaring that conservative tax cuts are "for the rich."  Even President Trump called her a phony.  Now she wants to Republicans to nominate her for presdient, hoping they'll ignore her liberal record.  Don't be fooled.  Kari Lake: she's just not a conservative.  Paid for and authorized by Nikki Haley 2024.

Airing on radio from early December 2023 through early February 2024, this ad will air most frequently on radio formats popular with men and women aged 50+.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #251 on: January 12, 2023, 09:13:54 PM »
« Edited: January 13, 2023, 01:48:31 PM by Dereich »

Nikki Haley Campaign Ad: "Stand"
Airing in Iowa, New Hampshire, Nevada and South Carolina

Voiceover: As Attorney General of Missouri, Josh Hawley refused to investigate sexual assault allegations by Catholic priests and wasted millions.
Graphics on Screen:
"Attorney: Hawley Refused to Investigate Roman Catholic Church as Attorney General -FOX News, October 10th, 2023"

Voiceover: As a Senator, he stood with Vladimir Putin over Ukraine and attacked our efforts to protect freedom abroad.

Voiceover: Now Josh Hawley wants to be president.  How can we trust him now?

Nikki Haley stands with America, not Russia.  As President Trump's UN Ambassador, she tood up to Putin and fought for America and its allies.  As Governor of South Carolina, she worked to cut government waste and fight political corruption.  And she'll do the same as president.  Nikki Haley will fight for you.

Haley: I'm Nikki Haley, and I approve this message.

This ad will air most frequently in New Hampshire.

Mod edit deleting images for both not following the copyright policy and breaking the page.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #252 on: January 13, 2023, 12:23:35 AM »
« Edited: January 15, 2023, 11:03:00 AM by Devout Centrist »

Lake Campaign Spot #2 - "Decisive" Shown in Iowa, New Hampshire, and Nevada
Credit to Wikimedia

Middle aged woman: So, you really did that?
Lake: I did. I did.

Elderly man: You really said that?
Lake: Of course. I said it. I'd never tell a lie to you.

Young man: You were against that terrible war in Iraq?
Lake: I was against it from day 1. I never wavered. I'd never send American troops to fight in a horrible war like that.

Elderly man: You voted against Liberal Republicans?
Lake: I vote for real Republicans. Not sellouts. I'm a Republican that loves this country.

Small business owner: You'll cut taxes?
Lake: I'll cut taxes for American workers. I'll cut taxes for small businesses. I won't cut taxes for billionaires. I won't cut taxes for the woke.

Middle aged woman: You're gonna secure the border? From the illegals?
Lake: Absolutely. We're building the wall. We're securing the border on day 1. We're gonna restore legal immigration in this country. Nothing less.

Elderly woman: You'd never cut social security? I'm on a fixed income, and every dollar counts, you know.
Lake: Social security is going nowhere on my watch. I'm gonna protect your benefits. I'm gonna protect your hard earned money from inflation.

Narrator: Kari Lake. Decisive. Independent. A real leader for America.

Ad will run from Early December 2023 to Early February 2024. The Lake campaign will target the ad for men and women aged 35-65, with an eye for ad spots during local news broadcasts and shows popular with the demographic . The ad will run on TV and on the radio
RGM2609
« Reply #253 on: January 13, 2023, 04:42:27 AM »

Gavin Newsom - For a Brighter Future

Governor Newsom's campaign is feeling positive about the trends in New Hampshire and Nevada and has decided to double down on the decision to focus resources almost exclusively there. The Newsom Campaign has decided to shift the New Hampshire campaign in a somewhat Buttigiegesque direction, with focus on the unity of both the party and the country, the mainstream positions of the campaign and a lot of focus on personality and charisma. In Nevada he will maintain for now the mainstream liberal positioning with outsized focus on immigration, unions and gun control together with the other issues.

However, Newsom understands that all of these efforts could just be cancelled by a big Harris romp in South Carolina. Thus, he decided that drastic action was necessary. It was a tough call inside the campaign, but once a decision was reached, Newsom was going to stick with it. Thus, when the reporters asked him "Why are you not campaigning in South Carolina anymore?" expecting a non-answer, the Governor was about to stun them by saying:

"Look I trust the people of South Carolina to make a rational decision. Their role is crucial to prevent the coronation of an unelectable candidate. I would love to earn their votes, but there are also interesting alternatives with roots in the South, like Vice President Gore, who is one of the politicians I admire the most, a true public servant in touch with the South but who also understands what kind of change the country needs. I trust the great people of South Carolina to vote with their hearts, but also with their heads, and I won't be campaigning there for the foreseeable future."
RGM2609
« Reply #254 on: January 13, 2023, 05:00:25 AM »

"Fighting for ALL of us" - Campaign commercial airing in Nevada

"For years Republicans have demonized and fear-mongered against the immigrant community to cover up for their own failures, and many Democrats were too scared to fight back.

Gavin Newsom is not. He understands the crucial benefits of immigration, he understands that immigrants aren't just useful for America, they are vital for America. As the Governor of California, he treated immigrants with the respect they deserve . He helped them shelter at the border and granted them the right to health care.

As President, he is ready to do more. He will rebuild the immigration system into a compassionate system, with generous legal immigration and a border patrol and ICE focused on actually protecting the country and not cruel prosecutions. Under President Newsom, immigrants will have a path to citizenship instead of having to live in the shadows. He will be fighting for all of us. Gavin Newsom for President.

Gavin Newsom: I'm Gavin Newsom and I approve this message."
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #255 on: January 13, 2023, 12:07:47 PM »

TV/Radio Ad: What's the Truth

I'm Roger Stone. You've seen these wild ads going back and forth about all the candidates. You may not know who to vote for, or what's even the truth!

Here's the truth: I'm the only candidate who'll scrap the IRS, slash your taxes, and protect your God-given rights to live and speak as you choose.

Special interests want to muddy the waters and keep us divided. Let's keep it simple. I approve this message because we're stronger united. That's the truth.

This ad will air in Iowa, New Hampshire, and Nevada. On the radio, it has the most plays on local conservative talk stations. It will also be issued as an online ad, with closer targeting on Facebook and YouTube audiences who regularly follow conservative politics.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #256 on: January 13, 2023, 01:10:40 PM »
« Edited: January 13, 2023, 01:16:48 PM by Devout Centrist »

1. Under President Biden America has witnessed a shocking border crisis, with total madness and chaos as thousands of people and unlimited drugs, fentanyl, cocaine, pours into the United States. What steps will you take to bring this crisis under control, and also, how do you approach immigration in general? Do we need controls on all immigration?

We need to secure the border immediately, Jesse. Secure the border. We need to enforce Title 42. We need a wall along the whole border, we need to double the size of the border patrol, and we need to help local law enforcement deal with the problem.

This is such a huge issue for this country, and the President, and Kamala Harris, they've done nothing to stop the chaos. Nothing! We need to make illegal immigration a number 1 priority. We can't have a country if we don't have control over who comes in. Right now, we're letting thousands of criminals and human traffickers run wild on the Southern border. That's not humane! That's not fair! We have a crisis, and you better believe I am gonna tackle this issue on day 1 as President.

What we need, Jesse, is legal immigration. Legal immigration. There are good folks out there who want to come to America, and if they do it legally, we should allow them to come here. But they have to come here legally. If they break the law, if they don't follow the rules, they shouldn't be allowed to stay. It's tough but fair. Tought but fair.

2. Raise your hand if you support cost-controlling reforms to entitlement programs that Senate and House Republicans such as Scott Perry and Jim Jordan are supporting. (You may write one sentence)

[Hand down] No cuts to social security.

3. Do you support continued monetary and weapons aide to Ukraine in their fight against Putin's Russia?

Russia has treated Ukraine very badly. Very badly. What's going on over there, it's a tragedy. We've seen a lot of people die. It caused gas and food prices to soar worldwide. It's disgraceful. I think some aid, you know, it makes sense under the circumstances.

But America shouldn't be paying for everything, Jesse. Right now, our so-called allies, they're barely throwing a dime Ukraine's way. This German guy, Chancellor Olaf, he won't even send a tractor to Ukraine. A tractor! And we have to put down billions of dollars to defend a foreign country that's not even on our continent?

Why should we have to pay for all of Europe's defense? You know, when Trump was President, we had the Europeans paying into NATO for the first time ever. Paying into it, as they should. Our allies need to step up, big time. If that happens, we can make a great peace deal between Russia and Ukraine, and end this war immediately.

4. What will you do to end the spread of Marxism, woke ideology, and Critical Race Theory in America's public schools?

It all comes down to local control. We need local control of education. You have politicians, in Washington, and they send money to all these school districts across the country. But that money comes with all sorts of restrictions. You have to teach this, you have to teach that! They insert woke nonsense into the bills, and then the school districts are forced to teach it. It's terrible.

Our students aren't learning, they're not learning, with all this woke nonsense shoved into their books. We need to fund our schools. We need to reward good teachers. Not the bad ones, but the good ones. We need more charter schools. And we need, above all else, local control. If you do that, this issue will go away overnight.

5. Do you believe that free trade is a net benefit for the American economy?

We have to make good trade deals. We have to make trade deals that help American workers. But if you look at all these trade deals, Jesse, most of them don't help American workers. They're designed so that woke billionaires and keyboard typers can ship jobs overseas. Go back and look at the record. When America opened up trade with China, we lost 20 million jobs almost overnight. Almost overnight. It was a total scam, and so many good Americans were hurt because politicians didn't put this country first. They didn't put America first. We have to have trade, Jesse, but it has to be fair trade. If we have totally free trade, our workers and our people get hurt big time.

To Ms. Lake: You've come out strongly against entitlement reforms. You've said former President Trump is the only good billionaire. Do you consider yourself a fiscal conservative? Do you support tax cuts? Do you support free markets?

I'm a conservative. I like tax cuts. I support small businesses. I support American workers.

You look back at Republican Presidents, specifically Teddy Roosevelt, and he was a big free market guy. But he wanted a fair market too. Back then, you had companies like Standard Oil. Imagine only being able to buy gas from one company! It wasn't a free market at all.

Teddy Roosevelt was, what they called back then, a trust buster. He broke up these massives companies that dominated the market. We need to do that today. We need to break up these tech companies that censor conservative voices. We need to break up these pharmaceutical companies that put profits ahead of hardworking Americans. We need to punish these woke companies that move jobs over to China and India.

We need a real free market, Jesse. That's my philosophy.
VirginiaAaron
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -1.57

P P P

« Reply #257 on: January 13, 2023, 10:44:00 PM »
« Edited: January 13, 2023, 11:43:22 PM by VirginiaAaron »

LIN WOOD PLACES FIRST TV BUY IN SOUTH CAROLINA

Deep in the heat of the campaign trail, the essentially nonexistent Wood 2024 campaign placed its first TV ad buy in the lead-up to the first primaries that will decide who the Republican nominee will be. Wood has raised little to no money thus far and is relying on his own personal fortune along with wired funds from offshore bank accounts in Malta and the Dominican Republic. Wood is also relying on a new relationship with Turkish President Erdoğan and Venezuelan President Maduro will pay dividends when it comes time for Republicans to make their choice.

Wood is betting hard on South Carolina. His campaign team, made up mostly of attention-seeking college students and former Trump staffers that even the disgraced former president deemed "too crazy" to work for him. A decent enough showing to earn Wood a delegate or two could force GOP organizers to give Wood a podium at the debate, which could sell Wood some books in the process. He's also been considering launching a new line of pillows with Mike Lindell. However, the Lindell offices are refusing to answer the phone when Wood calls.

"They're Coming."

Narrator: Illegals: they're coming for you. Caravans of immigrants are coming from Guatemala, El Salvador, Mexico, and all the other Mexatino countries. They're coming to rape you, murder you, and steal your hard-earned money that you got from your trust fund. They're coming to steal America and start the Great Replacement. Who do you want at the Oval Office ordering the bombing of the caravans? Joe Biden is helping the illegals directly with money and support from the Ukrainians. Ron DeSantis is part-immigrant, as is Nimrata Haley. Establishment RINOs won't protect. So who is capable of protecting you?

Lin Wood appears on screen

Wood:I am the only candidate who can protect you from the criminal illegal rapist murdering drug traffickers. This election you have a choice. You can keep going with the same 'ole, same 'ole with Kamala Harris to the left and Ron DeSantis to the right. Clowns to the left of you, jokers to the right AND HERE YOU ARE STUCK IN THE MIDDLE WITH ME!

Narrator (screaming in a terrifying voice): LOOK OUT, THERE'S AN IMMIGRANT COMING IN! Whoops, made ya look (said to the tune of Meghan Trainor's "Made You Look").

Wood: I'm Lin Wood and I approve this message because it's time to Get America Hard... (like Wood).

Logo made myself
VirginiaAaron
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -1.57

P P P

« Reply #258 on: January 14, 2023, 12:06:16 AM »

LIN WOOD ANNOUNCES FIRST MAJOR ENDORSEMENT

General Grievous from the Star Wars prequel trilogy has announced he will be endorsing controversial disbarred lawyer Lin Wood for president. Grievous, who is fictional and does not exist, is widely known for his work in the Clone Wars as part of the Separatists. Grievous is also well known for his affiliation with former Jedi Master turned Sith Lord Count Dooku. Grievous also collects the lightsabers of every Jedi he's killed through the years. With Grievous's endorsement, Wood's polling numbers should remain the same, non-existent.

Made with Tweetgen
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.68, S: -3.48

P P P
« Reply #259 on: January 14, 2023, 01:01:36 AM »
« Edited: January 15, 2023, 01:58:42 AM by McGovernite »

Gillibrand Hits Hard in the Granite, Other Key Early States: Campaign Schedule

Accessed via Imgur

New England Autumn: October
Senator Gillibrand, in the month of October, launched an autumn tour of New England in the states of Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, and New York City. During this tour, she used her tour bus to criss-cross the region, inviting supporters on, taking children for rides, and being the location of many campaign strategy meetings. Additionally, Gillibrand hit major universities, community centers, recreational areas, and senior living homes during this tour. She spent the majority of her time in New Hampshire during this tour, visiting all 10 counties multiple times. She campaigned with Governor Maura Healey during most of this tour, and privately courted the endorsement of Former Governor John Lynch who would announce his support later in the year. Focusing on her New England outreach, she also launched multiple social media ads, radio ads, and appeared on local news stations answering questions and connecting with broadcasters and voters. Gillibrand has spent the majority of her time in New England during this campaign, earning her the nickname of “New England’s Favorite Daughter” by many community leaders. When asked her opinion on the nickname she said, “New England is the best part of this country, and if that’s what they want to call me, I’ll proudly serve in that capacity, but they will hopefully allow me to serve in another capacity as President!” She hit it off with the crowds, took pictures with babies, high fived teenagers, comforted crying mothers, and made special inroads with the LGBTQ+ community at drag and pride events. Attending functions like Boston LGBTQ+ parades, she made connections and helped push her pro-LGBTQ+ agenda and spoke publicly about her plans to further the rights of LGBTQ+ Americans when it comes to adoption, marriage, and anti-hate crime laws. As she departed New England in late October with an event in Keene, NH she promised to return soon - a vow which was definitely not broken.

Accessed via Imgur

Swinging for Super Tuesday: November
In the month of November Senator Gillibrand took a break from campaigning in the earliest states to hit states like Virginia, Texas, California, Minnesota, Colorado, and North Carolina. The campaign has placed a lot of emphasis in building a nationwide ground game, recruiting high profile endorsers like Rep. Jennifer Wexton in order to appeal to the suburban populations in these states - a demographic which the Gillibrand campaign has hit very hard (especially suburban women). She held town halls, rallies, meet and greets, and attended local festivals to meet with voters and families across the United States. Her main talking points hit on healthcare, abortion rights, gun safety, and climate change - all very important issues in the evergrowing American suburbs. Although Senator Gillibrand largely focused her campaign in a positive light, she did make a few digs at other candidates on important issues, working to move those who were undecided towards her column.

Another issue she hit hard on was that of her Family Bill of Rights. In order to drive home the message of the Senator being an effective legislator, she held rallies across these states to get constituents to pressure their legislators to vote for the bill. In some states like California, upwards of 5,000 people attended these events, mostly held in smaller-sized convention halls and outside parks. The issue of healthcare is extremely important, especially to women and LGBTQ+ Americans, two groups which Gillibrand has consistently courted throughout the course of her campaign. Taking a break from the trail, Gillibrand would attend sporting events in these states and take selfies with anyone that wanted one, earning her a lot of praise online. Additionally, she appeared in the tabloids after taking a picture with Denver Broncos football star Justin Simmons, who later that night tweeted the photo with the caption:

“As a football player, I know how tough it is getting tackled and beat up. A bright side, though, was meeting my future President tonight on the field after our win over the Chargers.”

Accessed via Imgur

The Weather Outside is Frightful: December
In the month of December, Gillibrand split her time between the states of New Hampshire and Massachusetts. During the first half of the month, she campaigned in New Hampshire with Governor Maura Healey and Former Governor John Lynch. Former Governor Lynch endorsed Gillibrand at an event in Nashua, NH within the first few days of December. During his speech, he said the following about the Senator:

“Kirsten Gillibrand has a proven record of fighting for progressive values, bridging the gaps between Americans, and joining together with others to get things done. During my term as Governor, I had the honor of frequently speaking with Senator Gillibrand to coordinate her federal efforts to make states like New Hampshire greater, better, and stronger. Today, I’m proud to endorse Senator Kirsten Gillibrand’s candidate for President of the United States. She’s got the record, she’s got the plans, she just needs your vote. I’m asking the great citizens of New Hampshire, and the United States, to trust me and my judgment, just as you did for me the three times that you elected me to represent you as Governor. Kirsten Gillibrand is brave, and she’s what we need to build a country that we can be proud of.”

Touring with Governor Lynch, Senator Gillibrand was welcomed by thousands of people at nearly every event she hosted or attended while in the Granite State. Gillibrand was continuing to further her name recognition and brand in New Hampshire, marking the Northeast as “Gillibrand Territory.” This strategy came after the campaign agreed that investing in South Carolina would be useless to the campaign. They removed all staffers, ads, and offices from the Palmetto State and invested it back into New Hampshire. Senator Gillibrand was on the move, and no one could stop her.

Making strides in appealing to voters, Gillibrand also hit hard on her plan to phase out dangerous and addictive opioids in order to protect New Hampshire families. She appeared with multiple families of victims who had suffered from opioid-related death. Pushing for them to be avenged, the Senator made her policy a key part of her strategy and speeches.

Accessed via Imgur

During the latter half of December, Senator Gillibrand barnstormed the state of Massachusetts. Attending festivals, town halls, rallies, voter registration drives, and knocking doors, the Bay State was becoming accustomed to seeing Kirsten Gillibrand. To help in name recognition efforts, the campaign invested in large highway billboards and signs to reach rural voters. In cities like Boston and Amherst, the campaign opened up campaign offices, pushed TV and radio ads, and had a constant influx of volunteers knocking doors, getting people committed to vote, and meeting with voters (especially union voters). Senator Gillibrand strutted Governor Healey around at every campaign event while in the state. Senator Gilibrand also went on multiple local TV and radio stations to answer questions, push her message, and convince voters to come to her side. She utilized much of her campaign’s talent to build a decisively-amazing ground game which rivaled that of big players like Vice President Harris or Former Vice President Gore. Pushing for her Northeast strategy, the Senator furthered her barnstorm of the Bay State.

Accessed via Imgur

Closing In: January
Throughout the month of January, Gillibrand continued her 10 County Tour of New Hampshire being joined by Governor Maura Healey, Former Governor John Lynch, and local Democratic party leaders, union leaders, and activists. During these events, Gillibrand often barnstormed rural areas by touring farms, meeting farm workers, and speaking about her policy to support Rural America, end the trade wars that are hurting American food production, and push for greater subsidies for farmers. These policies gained a lot of support in rural areas throughout New Hampshire as farmers began attending her rallies in droves, putting up signs on their barns (as pictured below), and inviting the Senator to Farmer’s Market events. In the more suburban areas of New Hampshire, Gillibrand met with school teachers, nurses, office workers, and stay at home moms to talk about her healthcare, abortion, gun safety, and environmental plans. Gillibrand’s campaign is relying heavily on support from suburban and urban areas, especially from women in these areas. As she crossed the state, the campaign built an effective ground game and had a constant flow of supporters, volunteers, and campaign staff knocking on doors, putting up signs at businesses, and getting people committed to vote. Moving into February, Gillibrand wrapped up her bus tour in Nashua, NH where she held an event of almost 4,000 people at a local park. At this speech, she said:

“Over the course of this past month and a half, we have criss-crossed this state. We have met people from towns of 10 to towns of 100,000. It’s been my honor to hear so much about you, your families, and your story. New Hampshire, I know that you are looking for a fighter. Someone who will never compromise their values and will work for people like you who are simply trying to achieve the American Dream. As President, I will fight for progressive, unwavering values which will advance an agenda that actually puts Americans first, makes corporations and the rich pay their fair share, and build a social safety net rivaled only by that of the New Deal. I hope that you’ve gotten to know me as I’ve gotten to know you, and that you will vote for me in a few short days. Let’s do this New Hampshire!”

Accessed via Imgur

The Coming: Early February
In the leadup to the the first primaries, Senator Gillibrand hit the cities of Nashua, Keene, Portsmouth, and Manchester. In these cities, she appeared at multiple speaking events at colleges in order to court greater amounts of youth vote. The Gillibrand campaign’s New Hampshire strategy has said that youth voters are very important to their success in the state which is why the Senator has made such a point of connecting with them, getting them registered, and making the issues of healthcare, abortion, student debt, and environmentalism big points in her campaign for President. In addition to these speaking events, the ground team in these areas knocked over 30,000 doors in a 4-day period and put up signs at polling places across New Hampshire, getting name recognition up. Additionally, the precinct leaders for the campaign have all been meeting over the past week to ensure that everything runs properly and that every single person is being reached out to and that they’re getting as many voters out to vote as needed (including mass bussing efforts to get seniors out to vote). The ground game has been implemented, and now it’s time to be tested. If she can pull off a victory, or even land in the top 5 candidates, the “Gillibrand Experiment” will be a political strategy that candidates will implement for years to come.

Accessed via Imgur
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #260 on: January 14, 2023, 01:29:03 AM »
« Edited: January 14, 2023, 01:44:16 AM by McGovernite »

Gillibrand Campaign Ad: New Hampshire Fights

Accessed via Imgur

So, do you want a good day care to go to when you turn five?
"Yeah"
And do you want it to be affordable to your mommy and daddy?
"Yeah"

I definitely think that she'll fight for me and my family.

Oh she's beautiful and I love the name. Oh and she likes to be picked up!

"Often, I feel like when we have, quite frankly, old men in office, who have never had to change a diaper, they don't really understand the needs of moms, and especially working moms."

I will go through fire to do what's right. I will bring the country back together again. And I will get things done for the American people.

It's really important that people know that their voice matters.

I'm running because we need equality, good healthcare, ending the opioid epidemic, good schools, and a Government that actually represents the country. We've got to do it, guys.
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #261 on: January 14, 2023, 01:34:09 AM »

Senator Gillibrand Announces Groundbreaking Fabric Act To Reinvigorate The Garment Industry, Strengthen Garment Workers’ Rights, Drive Wage Growth And Promote Equity
Accessed via Imgur

(FABRIC) Act. Garment workers are a cornerstone of the American economy and, for far too long, have faced unsafe working conditions, wage theft, and piecework pay, which often prioritizes fast fashion over the safety of workers. Supply chain disruptions caused by the pandemic have only exacerbated these ongoing issues, which are disproportionately shouldered by women, people of color, and immigrant workers. Gillibrand’s FABRIC Act would protect nearly 100,000 American garment workers and help revitalize the garment industry in the United States by improving working conditions and reforming the piece-rate pay scale. Women are leaders in the cut-and-sew apparel manufacturing industry, making up 61% of workers, and following heavy job losses for women during the pandemic, we need to invest in them and this crucial industry.

The FABRIC Act proposes to address these issues through five central pillars:

1. Restructuring pay rates and providing minimum wage as a floor with productivity incentives on top.
2. Establishing new liability measures that compel major retailers to become allies in combating workplace violations.
3. Introducing recordkeeping and transparency measures.
4. Incentivizing reshoring.
5. Creating a domestic garment manufacturing grant program aimed at revitalizing the industry.
Senators Bernie Sanders (I-VT), Elizabeth Warren (D-MA), and Cory Booker (D-NJ) are original cosponsors of the FABRIC Act.

What People Said:

“It’s time to take bold action at the federal level to change the fabric of the American garment manufacturing industry. The United States was once home to a booming  apparel manufacturing industry, and it’s time to reexamine how this industry has evolved over the past 50 years and change how we treat our workers,” said Senator Gillibrand. “From designers to managers to workers, women overwhelmingly play a leading role in this important industry. However, garment workers in the United States are often underpaid, overworked, and put in unsafe conditions. Protecting the garment workforce is a sustainability issue and has direct impacts on environmental sustainability, community development, gender equality and economic prosperity. This legislation would thread the needle of protecting workers’ rights, putting an end to abusive pay rates, and ensuring equitable compensation for garment workers, while also making historic investments in domestic garment manufacturing so we can not only make American, but buy American.”

“The FABRIC Act supports growth, training, and reinvestment in our industry. As a domestic manufacturer, it would create vital programs to expand our unionized workforce as well as innovate using advanced machinery to modernize our prestigious trade,” said Gabrielle Ferrara, COO Ferrara Manufacturing.

“I founded my namesake clothing brand over 22 years ago, yet it was only in 2015 that I hit a “change or shut down” moment after realizing the real extent of the industry’s negative impact. We chose to change and began shifting our manufacturing processes, advocating further for racial equity and justice in the industry, began digging into our supply chain and scrutinizing labor practices that existed. The FABRIC ACT is needed to enforce brands’ accountability for the industry’s past, responsibility for its present, and offers proactive measures for its future. Garment workers are the heartbeat of this industry and need our collective support. If you’re a brand still questioning where you stand, I ask you: without garment workers, would you still even be standing?” said Mara Hoffman, Designer.

"Workers United is proud to endorse the FABRIC Act, which establishes important liability requirements to hold fashion brands and retailers accountable for the labor practices of their US contractors.  This provision, and the establishment of a minimum wage floor, will help ensure that jobs in the US garment industry are good jobs with dignity and respect,"  said Edgar Romney, Secretary-Treasurer, Workers United-SEIU.

“The FABRIC Act is so exciting to me as a garment worker because at its heart are protections for workers' hard-earned wages, protections we recently gained in California.  To see these protections go nationwide, and have incentives to encourage manufacturing in the US, would be life-changing for so many workers and the industry as a whole," said Teresa Garcia, member leader of the Garment Worker Center.

“Remake is pleased to endorse the FABRIC Act that assures jobs of dignity for the 95,000 hardworking American garment workers. With a 30% reshoring tax credit and $40MM grant program, the FABRIC Act provides the right incentives to support good manufacturing jobs right here at home. Now’s the time for factories and colleagues from both sides of the aisle to support this timely bill that captures the demand for reshoring to do right by American workers,” said Remake CEO, Ayesha Barenblat.

"The fashion industry is in need of a serious systemic overhaul, and as a brand, it’s our responsibility to help create safe, healthy, and equitable working conditions for the workers throughout our supply chain. We’re energized to see the progress made by landmark legislation like California’s SB62, but there’s much more work to be done. With that, we are proud to support the FABRIC Act and build on these efforts of raising the workplace protection standards at a national level. This bill has the potential to realize ethical working conditions and the wellbeing of garment workers across the U.S., with impacts far beyond," said Carrie Freiman Parry, Reformation's Senior Director of Sustainability.

“We support and fully endorse the FABRIC Act and like California’s recent Garment Worker Protection Act, it has the potential to rectify current loopholes within the fashion industry and positively impact garment workers across the country and redeem the meaning of Made in USA,” said Sanjeev Bahl, Founder and CEO of Saitex.

“Senator Gillibrand’s FABRIC Act will reinvigorate the garment industry in the U.S. by strengthening garment workers’ rights and driving wage growth, while promoting equity. It’s time that industry leaders understand the financial and business risks associated with unsafe working conditions and shoddy labor contracts, as well as rapidly-shifting and widespread cultural values. The benefits of regulation that will reform the piece-rate pay scale and champion workplace well-being amount to customer satisfaction. At the NYFWDC, we recognize that regulation and reform will ultimately lead to a more prosperous and sustainable fashion industry by which skilled workers are treated with dignity, worker retention is achieved through improved conditions, and industry ethics are attuned and align with an increasing consumer demand for justice,” said Ibada Wadud, founding member of the New York Fashion Workforce Development Coalition and Governance Board member.

"Custom Collaborative welcomes this bill as an advancement toward fair labor conditions and compensation in the US fashion industry. Since its inception, our organization has trained no/low income and immigrant women with the skills necessary to achieve economic success in sustainable fashion and beyond. As we assisted on this legislation, we requested that the bill include funding for nonprofits to train people. We hope that this legislation will continue to shape the fashion industry as a healthy and collaborative environment," said Ngozi Okaro, Executive Director & Founder, Custom Collaborative; Founding Member of New York Fashion Workforce Development Coalition.

PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #262 on: January 14, 2023, 04:51:17 AM »

Roger Stone Debate Responses

1. Under President Biden America has witnessed a shocking border crisis, with total madness and chaos as thousands of people and unlimited drugs, fentanyl, cocaine, pours into the United States. What steps will you take to bring this crisis under control, and also, how do you approach immigration in general? Do we need controls on all immigration?

I am the law and order candidate. A serious crisis deserves serious action. We cannot tolerate this influx of drugs and their drug pushers any longer. For those who profit from poisoning and killing our people, I call on expanding the death penalty to these monsters. Securing the border requires us giving our full support to the men and women in law enforcement, across the board. That includes not only our border patrol, but our sheriffs, our frontline officers, and our police departments. They know their communities and how to handle them; we just have to provide them with the resources and confidence to do their jobs.

As far as immigration in general, there is of course a place for reasonable, responsible immigration. My beautiful wife Nydia, who's originally from Cuba, is a perfect encapsulation of the American Dream. We've been very fortunate in raising a beautiful family together, and so many families in immigrant communities are like ours. This will be cherished with me as President. What we cannot tolerate is a system that rewards cheaters and criminals over those who have waited their turn in line. I'd crack down on sanctuary cities, on fraudulent visas, on big business exploiting our workers. I'd keep our country safe and reinstate the travel ban on day one. And, you know what else? I'll finish building that wall.

2. Raise your hand if you support cost-controlling reforms to entitlement programs that Senate and House Republicans such as Scott Perry and Jim Jordan are supporting. (You may write one sentence)

*hand not raised* I've got much admiration for my friends Scott Perry and Jim Jordan, although what we should be cutting is from the bureaucracy, not from the people.

3. Do you support continued monetary and weapons aide to Ukraine in their fight against Putin's Russia?

Not a single penny or bullet more. Not until we get our act together.

We all have compassion for what the people of Ukraine and Russia are being subjected to by their governments. War is a nasty business, and nobody really wins when you have that much death and destruction. My responsibility as Commander-in-Chief is to first and foremost protect and defend the American people. This never-ending flow of aid to Ukraine runs the risk every day of the U.S. pulling itself into this conflict. It runs the risk of pulling all of Europe into a World War III. Putin has raised the nuclear card many times, and we should absolutely take that seriously. In the interest of global peace, America must step back and instead be the honest broker for a lasting peace deal between the two nations.

Ukraine appears to now be winning this war decisively, I'll add. The impetus for these billions of American dollars no longer exists. You know, we have over 30,000 homeless veterans living on our streets. There are over 400,000 children in foster care without a loving family. We must take care of our own people first before we can take care of others. I'll be that President.

Oh, and don't get me started on Zelenskyy's outfit on Capitol Hill.

4. What will you do to end the spread of Marxism, woke ideology, and Critical Race Theory in America's public schools?

One very good aspect of the presidency is that you have the bully pulpit at your disposal. You can bet your behind that President Stone will be calling out the Marxists, the America haters, and all the woke gobbledygook on a daily basis. We will not let the bug-eyed, blue-haired buffoons get away with pushing their curriculums in our schools.

Ultimately, though, our frontline fighters in this battle are at the local and state level. What the Executive branch can best do is empower them. My administration will work to abolish the Department of Education that's pushed much of this woke agenda. It's an idea that goes back to Reagan, and its time has finally come. I've also called for a new Constitutional Convention. After we elect some more Republican state governments, we'll have the opportunity to transform this country for the better and put in some of these lasting controls. None of my opponents have signed on to a new Convention, and I implore them to join me tonight.

There are two definitions of free trade floating out there when we talk about the issue. The first definition, the one favored by the globalist establishment, is the free trade that sells off our factories for a pretty buck and bends to the will of China at every turn. The other definition, the one favored by President Trump, is free but fair trade that looks out for American interests. I believe in the latter.

This country and its workers has been taken advantage of by the ruling class for far too long. We know of the consequences, with our rotting, vacant cities that once were vibrant. I've known President Trump for over 40 years, and I called for him to run since the '80s because he was right about countries like Japan ripping America off in trade even then. We've thankfully come a long way in changing the conversation since. I would push for peaceful commerce between our friends and allies, but with the understanding that America will never sell itself off under my watch.

To Mr. Stone: Some feel that you have been marketing a different Stone to different audiences depending on political expediency. What is the real Roger Stone? What would be your governing philosophy as President?

I'm the same Roger Stone as I've always been. In a nutshell, I'm an America First conservative with strong libertarian instincts. This has been who I am ever since I read the works of Barry Goldwater and other proud conservatives as a young lad. As President, I'd protect our borders and keep us safe from threats foreign and domestic. I'd put an end to military adventurism and focus on rebuilding our roads and industries here at home. I'd push the message of liberty far and wide, letting free enterprise and free minds do what they do best.

What you brought up, "marketing a different Stone," is total BS from bad faith sources. What is my crime, according to them? Having the nerve of talking to people who may not always agree with me. It's called building a coalition, building trust. That's what you do in a presidential campaign. We need 70+ million Americans to win in November. You think they all agree on everything?

If any of us here want to win in November, we've got to unite this party. I'm putting in the hard work to have these important dialogues, extend those olive branches, and ultimately unite us. We're not always going to agree, but you'll know I have this country's back. As your nominee, we will come out stronger than ever and rightfully whoop the Democrats back to where they came from.
YPestis25

Political Matrix
E: -4.65, S: -6.09

« Reply #263 on: January 14, 2023, 02:11:20 PM »

Gore Statement on 11/8 Attacks

Source: Time
I don’t know what to say. To those who lost their lives all I can say is thank you for your service. Thank you for serving your government and for protecting the lives of civilians. There is no higher service. To those families left behind I know that the grief you are experiencing will never go away, it will just change.

This attack represents another attack on our way of life, our democracy, and our belief in the rule of law. There is a segment of the population that is hell bent on destroying the America we believe in, the America we all grew up or are growing up in. They cannot and will not be allowed to succeed.

Every so often, every so often, our nation has gone through periods of acute crisis. 1861, 1928, 1968. In all of these crises did Americans give into despair? No. No. We rose up. We met the challenges and resolved to build a better future and a better country for our sons and daughters. I know that we can do the same today. Our response to these attacks must extend beyond punishing those responsible, though that can and will happen.

We also must renew faith in our democracy. We must rise above the din of hate, and discord, and despair, and make a new promise for America’s future.
YPestis25

Political Matrix

« Reply #264 on: January 14, 2023, 05:17:16 PM »

Vice President Gore Announces South Carolina Endorsements; Claims the Big ‘Mo

Source: Imgur/Me
   Nov 29, 2023
   Today, Vice President Gore’s campaign released a list of new endorsements from the Palmetto State, extending from the Piedmont down to the Low Country. The endorsements include state legislators, mayors, former candidates, and the South Carolina State Senate Minority Leader. Welcoming the endorsement the Vice President’s Press Secretary commented “These endorsements show the Vice President’s widespread support in the state and testify to the momentum behind the candidate. We are ready to take our message to every voter and every part of South Carolina, and we are going to shock you come February. We’ve got the Big ‘Mo.”

Endorsements:
South Carolina Former State Senator and Gubernatorial Candidate Vincent Sheheen
South Carolina Senate Minority Leader Brad Hutto
South Carolina State Senator Dick Harpootlian (Columbia)
South Carolina State Senator Mike Fanning (Upstate) 
South Carolina Assistant House Minority Leader Russell Ott (Midlands)
South Carolina State Representative Seth Rose (Columbia)
South Carolina State Representative Leon Stavrinakis (Charleston)
South Carolina State Representative Elizabeth Whetmore (Charleston)
Ricky Warring, Summerville SC Mayor
John Gettys, Rock Hill SC Mayor
YPestis25

Political Matrix

« Reply #265 on: January 14, 2023, 05:30:08 PM »
« Edited: January 15, 2023, 01:09:26 AM by YPestis25 »

Gore Activities October - February

Source: Imgur/Me

South Carolina, South Carolina, South Carolina (and Georgia!)

Source: Stanford Daily
The Gore Campaign knew they would not be able to win in South Carolina, no, that wasn’t the goal. But South Carolina was the key to their strategy, to unite the non-Harris vote behind a viable alternative to the Vice President. A strong second place showing in South Carolina would catapult Gore into strong contention for the nomination, possibly allowing the Former Vice President to take Georgia. As such, Vice President Gore’s team would be laser focused on South Carolina, and to a lesser extent Georgia.

Early in October, the Vice President took a leading role in buttressing the Gore organization in the state, attending the opening of a second field office in Charleston, and new field offices in North Charleston, Mount Pleasant and Summerville. The Vice President’s team knows that persuasion and turnout of every possible supporter will be key, and significant funds will be devoted to the field program in South Carolina.

Throughout the rest of October, Vice President Gore, frequently backed up by his cadre of Southern Surrogates, including Governor Roy Cooper, Charleston Mayor John Tecklenburg, Former Columbia Mayor Stephen Benjamin, Congressman Don Beyer and of course Former Gubernatorial Candidate Vincent Sheheen swept the state, with a particular focus on Low Country and Piedmont South Carolina. In Charleston and on the coast, the Vice President emphasized his strong stance on climate change.

“We have a once in a lifetime chance to turn back the clock on climate change. You all know the stakes of grasping that opportunity here. You have seen the storms get worse, the coastline erode, and homes be washed away. I’m not a pessimist. I know the road ahead is hard, but it is also paved with opportunity. The technology at our fingertips and the resources of the United States all can provide us with the tools we need to combat this challenge. As President, I pledge today a federal commitment to combating climate change. New levees and dykes on the coast, a vast investment into solar and hydroelectric power, all are necessary and can be accomplished. Now is not the time to wallow in despair of the challenges of our time, but to meet them head on.”

Sweeping into the Piedmont, Vice President Gore continued to hammer on his electability and his plans for rural revitalization. With stops in Greenville to open another field office in that city and into Rock Hill to further expand the Gore presence in the upstate, the Vice President brought this message home on a small farm.

“You need someone in the White House who understands rural issues and can bring that experience to the White House by actually winning. Every summer I went home and worked on a cattle farm. I know what has happened to the small farms and ranches across this country. By neglect or worse they have been gobbled up by huge conglomerations, hollowing out rural America. We need a new Farm Bill, to stabilize prices, yes, but to do more than that. We need a new Farm Bill to make sure that young people have the skills and know how and financial resources to become farmers. One of our greatest strengths is our soil and our farmers and I intend to protect that strength.”

Finally, before leaving the state the Vice President would address the state legislative Democratic caucuses, seeking select endorsements in personal meetings.

As November began, the Vice President began a swing through northern Georgia, opening field offices in Atlanta, Athens, and Marietta. In Atlanta the Vice President would focus on his progressive chops on climate change and gay marriage, and evoked the memory of John Lewis, a life long friend.

“John Lewis knew that racial justice is linked to environmental justice. In his lifelong fight for equality, he fought to protect Black, Brown, Indigenous & low-income Americans from pollution. These issues are all wrapped up together. Fighting climate change will also do more than just protect marginalized communities from the harmful effects of pollution and extreme weather events, but it will also provide well paying jobs to further strengthen local communities’ economies.”

Atlanta would also be the sight of the Vice President’s “Why me? Why now?” speech taking place on November 11th.

Sweeping North
Source: Politico

By the middle of November, and after a series of fundraisers in Atlanta, Nashville and Columbia, Vice President Gore was ready to expand the playing field, heading north to New Hampshire and Michigan, with a brief stop over in Virginia to meet with Senator Tim Kaine to request his endorsement.

The second half of November and the beginning of December would be full of New Hampshire campaigning, opening the campaign headquarters in Manchester, with Former Mayor Robert Baines and arranging a meeting with Senator Jeanne Shaheen to seek her endorsement ahead of the crucial New Hampshire primary. The meeting with Senator Shaheen reportedly focused on their long relationship in politics together and her and her husband’s crucial support for the Vice President in the 2000 New Hampshire Primary.

Gore’s swing through New Hampshire would be typified by his ties with the state, calling on old 2000 election connections to help get campaign infrastructure in place, as well as a focus on swinging the moderate rural voters in the north of the state, as well as the suburban voters outside of Boston.

“It’s hard to believe that it has been 24 years since I campaigned here for the last time, and boy am I glad to be back. You know in 2000, this state gave my campaign quite the scare that year, and it was your own Senator, then Governor, Shaheen, who really pulled my feet out of the fire. But I’m not here to reminisce, I am here to ask for your vote for the Presidency of the United States. You need a candidate with the know-how to win and the know-how to get to work from the moment they step into the Oval Office, and I am that candidate.”
After his successful swing through New Hampshire, the Vice President would depart for Michigan spending the rest of the month focused on the state, opening a campaign headquarters in Detroit and campaigning throughout the industrial eastern portion of the state before moving west into farm country.

“People love to talk about the rust belt and how America’s best industrial days are behind her, but I never bought that. I never bought into the tempting lie that our best days were behind us! No. Our horizons are limitless. Anytime that Americans have been faced with a challenge, we don’t lie down and wallow in despair, we get up and beat it. We are on the cusp of a new age of technology and progress and we need a government that is willing to be on the forefront of ushering that age in. New investments in Green technology will bring back good paying jobs to Middle America and revitalize the heartland. I’m not here to tell you that this will be easy, Republicans and oil interests will fight us all the way, but we’re Democrats, we’re used to a good fight.”

The Final Southern Push
Source: Axios

The New Year would herald the Vice President’s final Southern Push after his swing through the northern primary states. It would begin with a January 3rd rally in Columbia, South Carolina with its former mayor and several state legislators where the Vice President laid out again the rationale for his candidacy.

“We’re Democrats, we’ve never settled for a coronation. We’ve never settled for being told who to vote for. We expect more from our candidates than empty platitudes and promises. More than that, the times that we are living in demand more. Every Democrat in this state and in this country is going to be given one of the most consequential choices not just for their future but for the future of this nation: who will our nominee be? The stakes are too high to vest that awesome responsibility in someone who can’t win, someone who doesn’t have the experience to govern, or someone who cannot grapple with the grave challenges facing us today. We need someone ready on day one. Ready on day one to defend our democracy, ready on day one to address climate change and revitalize our rural communities, and ready on day one to get the job done.”

After the Columbia kickoff the Vice President would begin traveling through the Midlands holding various events with a focus on persuading Harris and Adams voters with his message of electability. The field offices in this area of the state, and others would focus their efforts on persuasion, trying to flip Harris and Adams voters, but more than this, rallying the voters of the non-viable candidates in South Carolina behind a candidate who can derail the Harris juggernaut. The messaging to these voters will focus on ensuring that there is no coronation, Gore’s progressive bonafides (when appropriate) and making sure that there is a real chance for voters in the rest of the country to have a real choice when their primary arrives.

By the middle of January the Gore Campaign in South Carolina will switch to Get out the Vote (GOTV) with a strong focus on base turnout. At the same time, the Vice President will make a brief swing through Savannah, Atlanta, and rural northern Georgia, before returning to South Carolina on January 20th for the sprint to the finish.

For the last two weeks of the primary Gore will alternate between his base in the Piedmont and the Low Country, rallying with his local surrogates where relevant and sending them to engage in GOTV activities when they are able. This final push will again invoke Gore’s electability, his approach to climate change and rural renewal, and his ability to win and govern on day one. Campaign staff will work all out to the conclusion of the primary in February, turning out as many voters as possible. Gore’s final campaign rally will take place in Charleston, and will feature a lineup of his most relevant South Carolina endorsements and surrogates.

“Thank you Charleston! When I started this campaign seven months ago, I never would have imagined this response. All across the country the support we have received has been so heartening. Tomorrow is our first test. Tomorrow is our first test to see if South Carolina is ready to give Democrats a real choice for the nomination. Tomorrow is our first test to see if South Carolina is ready for a real investment to combat climate change and revitalize rural America. Tomorrow is our first test of whether South Carolina is ready to vote for someone who is ready on day one to grapple with the challenges facing our nation. Thank you all so much, and please, don’t forget to vote!”
Alcibiades
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -6.96

P P
« Reply #266 on: January 14, 2023, 07:20:59 PM »

Matt Gaetz Debate Answers

First of all, we need to finish building the wall. President Trump stood up to the bipartisan elite consensus on immigration, which has harmed law-abiding, hardworking Americans for decades, and I will finish that work after the disaster that has been the Biden Administration. We also need to higher more border patrol agents, and crack down on sanctuary cities, which liberals use to attack our country from within. I’ve made several efforts to impeach Secretary Mayorkas for crisis at the border. As for immigration in general, the current levels of people flooding over our border are not sustainable. The increase in crime and depression of working class American wages they bring is not acceptable. So I think we need to seriously consider putting much harder limits on immigration. That said, there will of course always be a place in America for law-abiding immigrants who play by the rules, and those fleeing tyranny, which is very evident to me as a Floridian who has seen in particular the wonderful contribution our Cuban community makes.

Raises hand. We need to get spending under control, and, while I might not go as far on Social Security as them, I’m proud to join with my distinguished House Freedom Caucus colleagues on this.

No, I’ve been very clear that we need to stop funnelling these billions to Ukraine, as reflected in my House voting record. We need to put America First, put our own house in order before helping countries that can’t stand on their own two feet. So many Republicans talk about cutting the deficit, reducing our national debt, but we see it’s all empty words when they continue to support this kind of exorbitant spending. And you know, yes, we’re all very sorry about what’s happened in Ukraine, but they’re not exactly squeaky clean themselves. All this money has been sent with zero accountability, just a blank cheque, and there’s probably been a lot of corruption.

I will be merciless in the fight against woke ideology capturing our institutions and poisoning our kids’ minds. You need to understand this is about elite cultural capture, and we need to fight it at its roots, which is why I’ve promised to fire woke, America-hating federal bureaucrats, and end all diversity, equity and inclusion programmes in the federal government. As for schools, we’re seeing a lot of parents mobilising at the local level to put an end to this crap, and a Gaetz Administration will wholeheartedly support them, and any efforts to make it easier to get rid of teachers and administrators who refuse to do their job.

Well, obviously a lot of the ways it’s been done over the past few decades haven’t been. It’s another example of the needs of everyday American workers being ignored in favour of the elites’ globalist projects. But what President Trump did was renegotiate them to get a better deal for Americans, real smart negotiating. I’ll continue that work, always looking out for American workers, manufactures and national security interests above all else. We need smart trade, not free trade.

To Representative Gaetz: Congressman Mike Rogers of Alabama joked to a reporter the other day that you have done nothing whatsoever in your time of Congress aside from getting the phone numbers of female staff members. What have you done in Congress?

Well, first of all, I’d like to say I hope Representative Rogers has gotten the help he needs to deal with his anger management problem. I’m not sure why you’re putting any stock in the word of a man who was willing to commit physical violence on the floor of the People’s House to defend the honour of a RINO squatter. I can’t think of anything more pathetic. And you know, Mike, if you’re listening, you are allowed to talk to women in a friendly workplace manner, you should give it a try sometime. That of course brings me on to one of my finest accomplishments in Congress, ensuring Kevin McCarthy never became Speaker, which would have been a betrayal of everything voters chose a Republican majority for. No one has fought harder than me against the stifling dominance of special interests than Congress, and when McCarthy was leader, it’s true, I paid for that in not getting as many committee spots as if I’d just been his lapdog. But that hasn’t stopped me from sponsoring many bills, such as banning abortions after babies feel pain, impeaching Biden, and decriminalising marijuana, which is an issue Republican leaders are increasingly out-of-step with our voters on.
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -8.26, S: -6.09

« Reply #267 on: January 14, 2023, 09:07:12 PM »
« Edited: January 15, 2023, 08:00:24 PM by FalterinArc »

Jeff Merkley Debate Answers:

1. What is your approach to immigration policy. Do you support increasing the cap for asylum seekers and refugees? Do you support more liberal measures like decriminalizing illegal border crossings into the United States?

Some of you may remember that during the Trump administration, I was noted as one of the strongest voices in the Senate against the draconian measures taken against migrant border crossers. When the senate delegation I led was denied entry into a detention center, it was clear then that the government was afraid of showing the conditions they were detaining people in. Now, does that mean I support open borders? Absolutely not, I agree with my friend Bernie Sanders that that is a Koch Brothers proposal. What we need to do is focus on creating the best human conditions possible for the people we intercept at the Southern border, keep families together and focus on expediting immigration cases so that more people are encouraged to come legally. At home I'll work to codify protections for DREAMERs into federal law and I'll take action to rein in the overreach of ICE against undocumented people who have become integrated in their communities.

2. There has been an uptick of crime, especially in urban areas like New York City and Chicago since the COVID-19 pandemic. What measures will you support to bring crime, theft, and gun violence under control?

No one is denying that this is a growing issue recently. I've heard from business owners across my state that they're increasingly concerned about being the victim of property crime. And despite what Conservative media will tell you, no one on this stage supports setting criminals loose after they've committed violent crimes. But we also have to stop letting Republicans define the terms of this debate and try to undo the progress we've made in creating a fairer criminal justice system. Most of the policies localities have enacted in the name of criminal justice reform have not been proven to have an enhancing effect on crime and they shouldn't be made into a scapegoat. As President I'll reach out to law enforcement experts, community leaders, reform advocates and try to bring people together on common sense solutions to bring down crime. There's sensible steps we can take on a federal level, like getting guns off the street, increasing community policing and refocusing police efforts away from non-violent drug crimes and I intend to do exactly that.

3. What measures would you take as President to protect access to abortion for women in states where state governments have taken measures against abortion rights? What about measures for LGBT people?

The social agenda of the Republican Party is tearing apart the fabric of our nation right now and I plan to combat it aggressively. Firstly, I will take whatever action I can to protect abortion on a federal level. We will fight to codify Roe v. Wade and if Republicans control congress and refuse to take up the bill, we'll support whatever compromise we can make to protect women's health. Too many women are at risk in Republican states for us to remain idle on this issue. In addition, I envision a massive undertaking at the federal level to protect LGBT Americans. I've worked for equality my entire career, it's why I passed some of the first anti-discrimination laws in the country as Speaker of the House in Oregon, why I stood with the It Gets Better project to protect queer youth and why I wrote the Equality Act to finally bring the same civil rights protections to LGBT Americans on a federal level. I won't stop until the Equality Act becomes law and I won't allow Republicans to turn the dial back on our society over 100 years.

4. Are you concerned about Saudi interference in American elections? How do you view our relationship with the Kingdom in general, is it time to re-evaluate what has been a longstanding alliance?

Look, I've been sounding the alarm on Saudi Arabia for a long time. It is unconscionable that the United States continues to so closely align with the repressive, murderous, undemocratic kingdom, purely for economic interests. Let me make this clear, Mohammad Bin Salman is a thug. As are the rest of the Saudi royal family. We should've re-evaluated our relationship with them long ago and I'm glad to see that many of my colleagues have decided that they've gone too far this time with their recent electoral interference. A Merkley administration would immediately institute protections for Saudi exiles living in this country who have been persecuted by the Kingdom, declassify all relevant documents relating to the country's involvement in 9/11, freeze all military support, and if the rumors of electoral interference are fully substantiated, expel their diplomats in a manner similar to President Obama's actions against Russia in 2016. We cannot allow ourselves to roll over for this quote-on-quote ally any longer.

5. Raise your hand if you a gun buyback program, voluntary or mandatory. (You may write one sentence)

Raises hand.

Gun violence is one of the worst epidemics our country currently faces and I would absolutely support a voluntary buyback program.

Response to Vice President Harris

Madam Vice President, if we're going to talk about issues of crime, I think it's important we focus on some of the worst criminals in this country, the ones on Wall Street who created the crisis that caused the 2008 recession. And you, as Attorney General, even after your office had found thousands of violations of foreclosure laws by the bank of future Trump Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin, you declined to prosecute the case. Mnuchin would then of course then go on to oversee the financial collapse for working Americans during the pandemic. It's clear that part of the reason our country still hasn't created a truly fair economic structure is because the same crooks who have created every economic catastrophe continue to go unpunished. To truly build a progressive future, we need a President who will never back down agains the greed of Wall Street, the big banks or anyone else.

Personal Question: Would you support the imposition of a Wealth Tax, akin to the ones proposed by Senator Warren and Sanders in 2020? What about a financial transaction tax?

Absolutely I would support a wealth tax. For generations now we've seen the divide between the haves and have-nots in this country grow immensely. Worker productivity is up yet wages have stagnated. Billionaire profits soar during a pandemic while working people are left out to dry. We as a nation need to do something to stand up to the greed of the 1% and make sure they pitch in their fair share. I've supported my colleagues you mentioned's proposal for a tax on ultra-millionaires and as President I would pressure Congress to do something to address our monstrous wealth gap.
John King wannabe
AshtonShabazz

« Reply #268 on: January 14, 2023, 09:09:34 PM »

For the People: Palmetto Bound

"It's this simple, it's this simple. We need someone with the knowledge, the background and the experience to take on whoever the Republican's throw at us in November, and I am confident that Kamala Harris has the background, the experiences, and the grit to do just that"

Those were the words of Congressman Jim Clyburn as he introduced Kamala Harris at another event in South Carolina, basically becoming her personal surrogate. Everywhere she went, Clyburn followed him becoming her handicap in the state. The campaign dedicated all of it's resources into the state of South Carolina and with Newsom basically endorsing Gore individually in the state and with his plethora of endorsements fear began to take hold of the campaign with one advisor saying "I feel like we're Hillary 2008"

The Vice President would hear none of that however, deciding that doubling down on South Carolina would not get them far and would in fact cost them money. So after her 59th birthday in October the campaign began to plan out the coming months of the campaign.

October
The campaign invested a heavy and almost nauseating amount of resources into South Carolina, deploying volunteers. Reaching out to potential local surrogates and sending the Vice President to the state as often as possible aiming to create a clear link between here and the state's well known comeback kid, Joe Biden.

The campaign also began sending out funds and resources to other states including Michigan, Georgia, California, Texas and North Carolina. Believing a strong showing in the states after South Carolina will give the campaign all the momentum and delegates they need to clinch the nomination. And with the large number of competition, including a former the Vice President. The VP has had to change her message to "Experience" to "Background and Experience".

This was most seen in late October when the Vice President gave a speech in Charleston, South Carolina at Charleston Southern University.

"And this isn't about me, this isn't about any other candidate running. This campaign is about you. The people. And my background is really not all that different from you. I am the daughter of an Indian mother and Jamaican father, who taught me to always strive for excellence and to never give up on my dreams. They instilled in me the importance of education, hard work and perseverance."

"I am proud to have attended Howard University! The Real HU! And one of the most prestigious Historically Black Colleges and Universities in the country. It was there that I developed a passion for public service and a commitment to fighting for justice and equality for all."

"My background has prepared me for the job I am currently seeking. The presidency is one of the most powerful jobs in the world, and we need someone in the Oval Office everyday who knows what it's like to be discriminated against because you need to wear high heels to be seen above a podium. I'm serious that's real! Somebody who knows what it feels like to grow up and sometimes not have enough food to eat, someone who had to work twice as hard to get half as far!"

"And of course someone with the experience, and I'm just gonna run down what I've been doing for the past 20 years! District Attorney of San Francisco! Attorney General of California! United States Senator, and Vice President of the United States! Experience to get things done! And I am ready to get to work!

November
BASH:
And did Congressman Khanna ever apologize for the remarks of his supporters?
HARRIS:
He did, and I am incredibly grateful for that

The campaign dedicated November to media appearances and small events in Super Tuesday states (including South Carolina, obviously) The Vice President spoke to multiple media outlets, local and national in an effort to get her message out. She also held final rallies with the Democratic nominee's for Governor in Kentucky, Louisiana and Mississippi. Using her clout as the Vice President and hoping the appearances between the Vice Presidential seal on her podium lets democratic voters see her as presidential.

The campaign also began airing radio ads in New Hampshire and Nevada. Believing this is one of the best way to reach potential voters. The Vice President also regularly traveled to Nevada and Georgia too. Seeking the endorsements of Senator Cortez-Masto and Senator Raphael Warnock trying to draw a connection between their close personal relationships.

The campaign is also taking Governor Whitmer's seeming absence from the trail as a sign, beginning to invest resources in Michigan and is sending surrogates to the state as well. And after the horrific November 8th attack on the Department of Justice, although they would never admit it, the campaign aimed to get the Vice President to the scene as fast as possible in order to once again make her appear as Presidential as possible.

Towards the end of November the campaign began to look ahead past Super Tuesday, beginning to invest in Illinois, Ohio and Arizona. States that will be vital if the campaign hopes to be viable post Super Tuesday. This is also done due to the fact that they do not believe many of the candidates will drop out after Super Tuesday. And the idea of a contested convention is even more scarier to the team.

December
With December rolling around, and the cold seeping in the campaign is employing a "When they go low, we go high" strategy. Receiving a big boost from the endorsement of Congressman Clyburn and believing that South Carolina is locked up in their favor. They have begun to deploy resources to other early states, including New Hampshire where they have discovered they're not too far behind.

Although the campaign is dropping resources across the country, the Vice President is sticking firmly in the states of South Carolina and Nevada. South Carolina due to the exposure, momentum a first primary can give and obviously the majority black electorate in a Democratic primary. And Nevada due to it being next door neighbor to California and it would bring some brightness to what may not be a good night with a New Hampshire loss.

The Vice President in Vegas expressed her support for labor unions and pledged to support them as President.

"As many of you know, I come from a long line of activists and organizers. From my mother, who was a civil rights activist, to my aunt, who was a labor leader, I have always been deeply committed to fighting for the rights of working people."

"I have seen firsthand how powerful labor unions can be in giving working people a voice and a seat at the table. Union members earn higher wages, have better benefits and are more likely to have job security. And when unions are strong, the middle class is strong."

"However, I also know that for far too long, labor unions have been under attack. We have seen efforts to weaken collective bargaining rights, and to pass so-called "right to work" laws. These efforts are nothing more than attempts to silence the voices of working people and to make it harder for them to stand up for their rights."

"That is why I am committed to fighting for the rights of workers and the rights of labor unions. And as President, I will work to protect and strengthen collective bargaining rights, to raise the minimum wage and to ensure that all workers have the right to form a union."

January
Ringing in the new year, the campaign decides to slowly reposition their South Carolina assets to Super Tuesday states. While still leaving some resources in the state to show they're not too overconfident in their abilities. The Vice President has also once again hit the gas on media and small appearances in states such as South Carolina, Georgia, Texas and Alabama.

The campaign once again is hoping that a strong showing in these states will launch Harris to the nomination and force her opponents to give it up or risk a contested convention. The overall strategy has been: big win in South Carolina, don't embarrass ourselves in New Hampshire. Strong showings in Nevada, Georgia and Michigan before benefitting off of the delegate heavy states in the south and west.

The Vice President is giving off one final push before the firsts contests. Having Harris solely in South Carolina for the last 48 hours of the pre-stage campaign. The Vice President has also encouraged her team to launch a large GOTV operation. Knocking on doors, making sure people are registered to vote and ensuring they know where to vote.
John King wannabe
AshtonShabazz

« Reply #269 on: January 14, 2023, 10:55:02 PM »

Vice President Harris Debate Answers

Opening Statement
"Thank you Jake, Dana, Chris, and Jorge for moderating this important discussion. This truly is a discussion about the issues affecting the American people, a discussion about who will be this party’s next great leader, and with any luck, someone on this stage will serve as the 47th President of the United States of America, and it is up to that person, to lay out a clear vision for the future of this country, for the future of the free world at a time when nothing is for certain, but so much is at stake. I also want to thank the Gaillard Center for hosting us, they’ve been absolutely incredible and I hope that when I debate the republican nominee in the fall of 2024, we can have that debate here, too!"

"But, all jokes aside (laughs), thank you, really. Why are we here? What brings this diverse and experienced group of candidates to the stage here in Charleston? Well, 4 years ago, the great state of South Carolina propelled my friend and our President, Joe Biden to the democratic nomination. Now, the Democrats are back! And it’s a stage filled with so many incredible policymakers that ALL would do an amazing job at lowering the income gap, helping women keep their bodily autonomy, and saving the planet! And while it’s true that 4 years ago, Joe Biden stood up here with a similar message, a message that, in part, has yet to be fulfilled, the way forward is not to embrace the hatred and division that is coming from the Republican Party, it’s not to embrace the same people that incited a riot on January 6th of 2021, it’s NOT to buy into the twisted logic that for too long, has kept people who look like me, and some of my other friends on this stage, down. Now's the time to stay the course, to continue fighting for a woman’s right to choose, to continue prosecuting people that put our country in jeopardy just two short years ago, and I think that I can assemble the same coalition that Joe Biden and I did in 2020, to win in November, and to stay the course with the same fair and reasonable policies, implemented in a bolder and more effective way."

What is your approach to immigration policy? Do you support increasing the cap for asylum seekers and refugees? Do you support more liberal measures like decriminalizing illegal border crossings into the United States?
“That is a great question and thank you for asking it. My policy when it comes to immigration is simple. Enforce the law but create a pathway to citizenship. I believe that we need to increase the cap for asylum seekers and refugees cause let’s look at the facts, many people entering this country illegally are fleeing forms of political persecution, violence, or there are bounties on their heads put by violent gangs and they do not have the ability to seek asylum or claim refugee status because we have reached our limit. That’s my plan. The United States of America has never turned down those who have sought prosperity, freedom, or safety in this country and under a Harris administration we never will. That’s what I’m gonna do, and Jake, if you would just let me finish- what I’m not gonna do is listen to the divisive rhetoric coming from the other side of the aisle, those who want to kick people who seek a better future out of the country and back into the violence they tried to escape. My administration will put humanity over inhumanity and that’s a promise.”

There has been an uptick of crime, especially in urban areas like New York City and Chicago since the COVID-19 pandemic. What measures will you support to bring crime, theft, and gun violence under control?

“Well let’s look at the facts Dana, most of the people who are committing these crimes are not first time offenders. Especially when it comes to issues such as gun violence, rape, or murder and so the real question is, how do we prevent these offenders from commiting another crime?”

When I was District Attorney of San Francisco, one of my proudest accomplishments was introducing the ‘Back on Track’ program and what this program did was we looked at these offenders and we said, ‘okay, let’s bring them in, get them a job, and help them find an education so that we can integrate them back into society and they won’t have to steal to pay for rent or kill someone in a drug deal gone bad’. That’s point number one, point number two is, I was glad to bring this program to a statewide scale when I was Attorney General of California, and I did so with the assistance of former Governor Jerry Brown, and his administration. And just like we brought the ‘Back on Track’ program to the state of California, I intend to implement it on a nationwide scale so that we can get these offenders away from the world of crime and so that we can truly help put them ‘back on track’. Dana, as President, that is what I will do.”

What measures would you take as President to protect access to abortion for women in states where state governments have taken measures against abortion rights? What about measures for LGBT people?

“What I can tell you now is in my first 100 days as President, I will call on the new Congress to introduce legislation to codify the right to abortion into law. And the American people can hold me accountable if I break that promise. We have seen the attacks that state legislatures and Governors across the country have implemented on the individual rights and freedoms of women across the country and it is past time that we as a nation and as a party take a stand and as President that is what I will do, and unlike what some candidates on the stage have said, I will not compromise on this value. As a woman it is gutting to see a handful of men in smoke filled rooms decide what we can do with our own bodies! And as the first female President I will not stand for it!”

“And when it comes to our LGBTQ+ community, I was proud to stand next to President Biden as he signed the ‘Respect for Marriage Act’ which codified the right for Americans to marry who they love. And as President I also plan to introduce more federal hate crime legislation to protect members of the LGBTQ community. And this shouldn’t be a political issue, this is about human beings having basic rights. Whether it’s the right to make decisions regarding their own body, or to love who they want to love. We must take action and as President I will.”

Are you concerned about Saudi interference in American elections? How do you view our relationship with the Kingdom in general, is it time to re-evaluate what has been a longstanding alliance?

“I’m incredibly concerned and for a valid reason. We have seen the dangers election interference has caused our country in the past, whether it be from Russia, China and now we have Saudi Arabia. And let me say this: the United States of America will never cower in the face of those who wish to disrupt our democracy for their personal gain. When I’m President, our country will only have allies who know their limits when it comes to American affairs. Whether that be Saudi Arabia or any other foreign nation. Under my administration, the United States will remain the most powerful nation in the world and we will use that power to stop the forces of evil that, for example, want to hurt innocent Ukrainians  and meddle in our democratic affairs.

“And so I say this with complete certainty and confidence. If the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia not back down, my administration will be prepared to introduce tariffs on their oil, on their exports, and even on their citizens who wish to enter this country. America will always fight for our American values including, the right to free and fair elections”

Raise your hand if you support a gun buyback program, voluntary or mandatory.
(Raises hand) It is past time our country take action on the use of military grade weapons, these weapons of war do not belong on the streets of America and I will do everything I can to get them off the streets.

To Vice President Harris: Many general election polls have shown you trailing Republican frontrunner Governor Ron DeSantis, can Democrats trust you to keep the White House in Democratic hands?

“Well, it’s funny you have asked me that considering I have won every single election I have ever run in. (laughs) But look, this is not new to me, in every election any woman or minority has run in, it has always been a question of whether we can win and I know, Senator Gillibrand, Governor Whitmer, Mayor Adams,  and Congressman Khanna know that feeling well. But look I remember when I first ran for District Attorney and I was polling as low as 5% and everybody was saying I had no chance, well I went on to win that election and serve in that role for over 8 years. Polls are a snapshot in time and I’m confident that in time, people will resonate with my campaign’s message. They’ve done this before.”

“Even when I ran for Attorney General of California I was behind in virtually every single poll in the run-up to election day, but I didn’t give up. I knocked on doors, gave speeches and met the great people of California and I won the race 2 weeks later. I can tell Democrats this, if you put your trust in me, if you have faith and confidence in me I know that despite what the pundits say I will do everything I can to gain every vote and become the 47th President.

Rebuttal
I have a lot of respect for Senator Merkley and he was a great friend of mine in the Senate and still is, but if we wanna look at the facts on how my office handled the financial crisis of 2008, then let’s talk about it:

As Attorney General of California I got a 20 billion dollar settlement from the big banks who preyed on vulnerable homeowners. When the Obama administration tried to make California settle for crumbs I walked away from the table and got a near quadruple increase in what was offered to us. I also worked with the Brown administration in California to introduce the Homeowner Bill of Rights that helped vulnerable homeowners in the event of any financial crisis.

To imply that I am not tough enough on big banks is absurd and the Senator knows it. I have always fought against the big banks in my career and I will continue to do so as President.
RGM2609
« Reply #270 on: January 15, 2023, 06:25:53 AM »

Debate answers

Question 1 –
For far too long, immigration has been used for fear-mongering and good, decent people coming to the United States willing to work hard to build a better life for themselves and their children have been demonized. I say enough is enough! We as a party must fight for the rights of immigrants, for them to get the treatment they deserve from the greatest nation on Earth. As President, this is exactly what I will do. I support increasing the cap on refugees and asylum seekers. I also support decriminalizing illegal border crossings, and I believe that our border security should be focusing on actually dangerous activities, like illegal drug trade and human trafficking, instead of locking up a desperate mother fleeing with her kids from poverty and oppression. Our country was built by immigrants and we need to reshape our immigration system in order to make the legal immigration system a feasible alternative instead of having to cross the border without documents, as well as creating a path for citizenship for the 11 million undocumented immigrants, many of whom have created families and worked hard for years and yet still have to live in the shadows. I will be the biggest ally of immigrants in office.

Question 2 –
I understand that this is a very important concern for Americans, and once again, unlike the Republicans which only know how to fear-monger, the Democrats actually have effective solutions. When it comes to gun violence, we have managed to effectively tackle it in California, the state which has the strongest gun laws in the country while still respecting the Second Amendment. Through common sense measures which have great support from the American people, like universal background checks, an assault weapon ban and red flag laws, California has kept gun violence in check. I am ready to do the same nationwide. When it comes to other types of crime, it shows the ineffectiveness of our criminal justice system that even with so many incarcerations, crime is still rising. As President, I will do everything to shift the focus of the system from punishing minor offenders to rehabilitating them. It is high time to realize that the crime will keep rising unless we change how we handle it.

Question 3 –
I must say how happy I am to see that the Democratic Party is nearly unanimously united around codifying Roe V. Wade into law. It is of paramount importance for our country to do so and it is what most Americans want. This is a priority for my Administration, and I will also nominate Justices who support a woman’s right to choose. However, this is not the only thing my Administration will do. Together with codifying Roe V. Wade into law, we must also prevent further radical efforts by state governments to restrict reproductive rights, which is why we will prohibit any state-interference in insurance coverage of abortion, repeal the Hyde Amendment and put out funds towards increasing the number of clinics and professionals performing abortions. When it comes to the LGBT community, we have already passed the Respect for Marriage Act, but we can do so much more. And I support ending discrimination by passing the Equality Act and fully investigating hate crimes. For my entire political career I backed the right of gay couples to equality and I will continue doing so as President.

Question 4 –
I strongly disavow the Saudi interference and all other foreign interference in our elections. It is of upmost importance that we secure our elections and make them truly a fair contest by fighting against voter suppression, gerrymandering, Dark Money influence and interference by foreign countries. When it comes to our relationship with Saudi Arabia, it is yet another area where our foreign policy needs a clear shift. Saudi Arabia is a country which is guilty of oppression and numerous human rights abuses. Our relationship needs to be re-evaluated urgently, and as President, I will do just that. Under my Presidency, we will hold true to our values at home and abroad, and our alliance with the Saudis, even if beneficial in some regards, is morally wrong.

Question 5 –
*Raises hand* Enough is enough, it is time to combat gun violence in our country, and a voluntary gun buyback program is crucial in doing so.

Question 6 –
Look, I put forward a plan to fix the broken health care system named Quality Choices, which is called that because it gives Americans a Choice between being covered by the government or private companies but ensures that nobody gets left out of the system and that all options are providing health care that is both high in quality and affordable to all. I believe in this plan and if I am elected President I will fight to pass it into law. However, I have said time and time again that health care is an issue which should unite Democrats instead of dividing them. We all want to fix the broken system, prevent abuses from insurance companies and provide access to health care to all Americans. It’s the Republicans who oppose any effort to change how health care works. So, if Congress passes a different single-payer plan which would increase the affordability, quality and accessibility of the health care of Americans, I would gladly sign it into law with no hesitation.
RGM2609
« Reply #271 on: January 15, 2023, 06:56:51 AM »

In November, after issuing a strong condemnation of the attack on the Department of Justice, Governor Newsom held a campaign meeting, worried about the campaign of Vice President Harris and its potential to ruin all of the work the campaign has placed in New Hampshire and Nevada. First decision: "No matter what we won't drop out for Harris as long as we still have a shot. We will fight against her even if it means a contested convention." On that premise, and considering Governor Whitmer's recent absence from the trail, the campaign began quietly building an infrastructure in Michigan and air some ads presenting Newsom and focusing on economic populism in order to be able to take the fight to Harris in Michigan after New Hampshire and Nevada vote. However, New Hampshire and Nevada are still the main priorities. The Newsom campaign believes that if they win in both they can both stop Harris's momentum after South Carolina and cement themselves as the main anti-Harris alternative. However, especially Nevada might prove to be challenging against a surging Harris. Governor Newsom will begin to roll out a GOTV operation in Nevada, especially focused on Latinos in Clark County, and use every additional money on ads there while still not neglecting New Hampshire.   He will start laying the ground to address supporters of other candidates in Nevada that he is the only candidate who can beat Harris and prevent a coronation, however this appeal will be directly made after South Carolina. He will also begin contacting the campaigns of other candidates and make friendly overtures both in public and in private. Newsom believes that an anti-Harris consolidation must happen before Super Tuesday, and his ego won't stand in the way should another candidate be better positioned to defeat her.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #272 on: January 15, 2023, 07:29:03 AM »

Ro Khanna withdraws

"Freinds, fellow Democrats, fellow progressives.

This campaign has been . . . nothing short of amazing. I am truly astounded at the support that has been given to me by you, the people of this country. We started from nowhere, and have thrust our ideas of a modernised America forward. Of an America where everyone can achieve their happiness; where no one is forced to work two jobs, or even three, just to make ends meet.

But we must face one ironclad fact: progressive disunity has cost us before. No one person is bigger than this movement. This progressive movement that was started by some crazy old man from Vermont nearly a decade ago. No one said he'd be able to even get close to the nomination, yet he did that twice, and acheived more influence over the direction of this party than most non-nominees from either party in history.

That is why, in the interest of bringing a full, united progressive platform to the people of this country, I am endorsing my good friend-and the next President of the United States-Jeffrey Alan Merkley!
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #273 on: January 15, 2023, 10:43:44 AM »

larry hogan will drop out and endorse youngkin because i have mock trial stuff
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #274 on: January 15, 2023, 11:32:09 AM »
« Edited: January 15, 2023, 07:27:57 PM by Devout Centrist »

Lake Campaign Schedule - Take Back Control! (Part 1)

October
Month's Theme: Support American Farmers

The Lake Campaign made its debut splash in Iowa in the month of October, with the candidate crisscrossing the state. Lake kicked off the big push with a speech in her hometown of Eldridge, Iowa and a town hall event in Davenport. After that, the campaign swung through Dubuque, Decorah, Cedar Falls, Cedar Rapids, and Iowa City. For the first 10 days of October, the Lake team focused heavily on Eastern Iowa, hoping to draw on Lake's personal ties to the region. As for Lake's demeanor, the candidate honed in on a more empathetic tone, working to strike a balance between fighting back against attacks from her opponents and resonating with voter's concerns.

Over the next week, the Lake team turned towards central Iowa, putting campaign resources into attracting professional staffers for the area. Lake herself held campaign stops in Des Moines, Ames, Urbandale, Fort Dodge, and Mason City. It was at this time that Lake began to develop her message on farming and American agriculture: she came out in favor of increased ethanol fuel production and supported higher price floors for smallholding farmers. The candidate rationalized this unorthodox position by pointing out that Mexico had flooded the American market with cheap corn and other food imports. In order for American farmers to thrive, she argued, they needed a level playing field to compete against unfair Mexican and foreign practices. Lake highlighted that one of her opponents had rejected $40 million in relief for South Carolina's farmers. Surely, as President, she would be half-hearted in her support of Iowa's farmers *at best*.

Finally, in the latter half of the month, the Lake campaign swung through Western Iowa. Lake had the least personal ties to this region, and thus relied on support from local elected officials who backed her candidacy. Lake personally visited Sioux City, Cherokee, Denison, and Council Bluffs, holding a large rally at the final campaign stop that month. Lake reiterated her commitment to conservative values and excoriated the Biden/Harris failure to secure the border. Lake pointed out that Western Iowa had been especially hard hit by the economic effects of the Biden Administration's failure to take inflation seriously. In particular, Lake reminded Republican voters that the Administration had not taken the 2022 bird flu epidemic seriously in its early stages. Last year's soaring egg prices proved that Democrats did not care about Iowa's egg producers (and the nation's egg consumers for that matter). In this area, Lake pledged to support more relief to farmers affected by mass culls and articulated the idea of creating an early warning system for future bird flu outbreaks, staffed by volunteers from Iowa's egg producing economy

November
Month's Theme: Restore Local Control

With the Lake tour of Iowa proving to be a moderate success, the campaign turned its sights on the state of New Hampshire. Polls out of the Granite State showed Lake trailing behind several candidates, and the candidate found this unacceptable. New Hampshire, she stated, would be a make or break moment for her. A strong showing in Iowa wouldn't mean much if the candidate proved to be DOA in New Hampshire. In order for the campaign to survive, and to make it to Nevada and beyond, Lake pushed her advisers to pour resources into New Hampshire. Prior to making stops in the Granite State, the campaign created a plan for focusing its resources over the next four months:

1. New Hampshire (significant ground to make up, lack of name recognition, little advertising presence)
2. Iowa (not polling especially well, but personal ties to the state)
3. Nevada (Arizona effect, grassroots support, strong polling)

With this plan in hand, Lake started a monthlong tour of the Granite State, targetting her efforts on the towns of Nashua, Concord, Keene, Plymouth, and Lebanon. It was at this point that Lake began to emphasize her independent policy positions: she was 100% America First, regardless of what Party insiders or elected officials wanted. Lake leaned into her past views on the Iraq War, on failed trade deals, and on the failure of the aged, corrupt Republican establishment to take the threat posed by Biden and Kamala Harris seriously. In addition, Lake reiterated her support for local control of education and other hot button social issues.

The candidate did her best to recruit local political leaders to the cause. However, given Lake's anti-establishment message, most of New Hampshire's elected officials were not keen on meeting with her, let alone endorsing her. In the face of this opposition, Lake had her campaign conduct some polling on the popularity of Republican officials in New Hampshire. Elected officials that performed the worst became targets in Lake's stump speeches, as she decried their efforts to subvert the will of New Hampshire's independently minded electorate.

After a long tour of the state, the Lake campaign dedicated more resources to New Hampshire and began to air ads on local news outlets and conservative talk radio.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 22  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies