What Comes After: A 2024 Game (Gameplay-PAUSED)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:21:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  What Comes After: A 2024 Game (Gameplay-PAUSED)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 22
Author Topic: What Comes After: A 2024 Game (Gameplay-PAUSED)  (Read 17934 times)
RGM2609
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: December 29, 2022, 07:07:37 AM »

Gavin Newsom's rebuttal (haven't used it in my main answers because I was the first one)

"Look, Kamala, I won't reply to some of the more...absurd things you have claimed. I would just like to point out that during my Governorship Democrats have held more House seats in California than ever in history. Now, I did endorse you. Because you were the best option on the table. But that doesn't mean that your record is beyond reproach. That doesn't mean you couldn't have done better. You have called yourself California's "top cop". You have said that liberals need to move beyond so-called biases against law enforcement. You have opposed legislation that would have required your office to investigate fatal police shootings. No law asked you to do this. You opposed the statewide usage of body cameras by police officers. No law asked you to do this. You have said you were opposed to the death penalty, then you fought against any effort to abolish it. In 2014, I declared my support for Proposition 47, which has gone a long way in keeping people out of jail, you didn't take a stance on that. In 2010, you withheld evidence about a corrupt technician working for the police, which was characterized by a judge as a violation of constitutional rights. You declined to support cannabis legalization. There are just so many examples, and that record is, unfortunately, not that of someone ready to fight for the values of our party."
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #126 on: December 29, 2022, 10:21:34 AM »

Opening statements
"For far too long we have been forced to choose between the lesser of two evils, I'm on this stage to tell you that there is a new choice; liberty and freedom. In an Amash Administration you can expect the protection of life in all stages, an ending to the heinous act of civil forfeiture, a constitutional amendment requiring a balanced budget, and not a single American life lost to illegal war. Together, we can choose freedom."

Answers:
2. I did not raise my hand. President Trump's refusal to accept reality is conducent to the behavior of a child.
3. I was quite young through the Reagan era, but I guess he'd count anyway. While I don't agree with him on every policy, President Reagan showed a level of communication that hasn't been matched in the oval office since.
4. As many people might know already, I support a cut, cap, and balance plan. I'd start with cutting back runaway government spending in order to relieve our debt. Then I would place a cap on government spending that limits how much we can spend; I'd also tie this cap to inflation rates. Then finally, I'd put precedent in the constotion to require a balanced budget. Excessive spending is half the problem as the federal reserve prints money out of thin air. I support an audit of the fed.
5. I've already voted for legislation that would ban abortion at various stages. I'm 100 percent pro-life Abortion should be illegal and my administration would not give a penny to institutions that would use it to perform abortion.

6. The trust of the people is giving to those who deliver their promises. If you look at my record, everything I did in congress is in line with my beliefs. You are getting someone who wants to work with the system, and not try to break it for their own selfish goals. This statement may lose me some votes, but I'd rather do something patriotic when its unpopular than base my policy on what polls well.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #127 on: December 29, 2022, 03:20:23 PM »
« Edited: December 29, 2022, 05:41:57 PM by Senator Spiral »

Roger Stone Debate Responses

1. An Opening Statement

I'm Roger Stone, tonight's sharpest dressed man on stage. To my fellow candidates and folks watching across the nation, welcome to my dear home of Miami: the land of freedom, beautiful women, and Cuban cigars. I've loyally served as a senior advisor to three presidents: Richard Nixon, Ronald Reagan, and Donald J. Trump. More than anyone else here, I've been at the forefront of the America First movement. I've encouraged my friend President Trump to run as far back as 1988 as I knew he had the spark and the ideas to make this country great again.

I'm a truth teller. As I watch this rotten system continue to cancel, silence, and even jail our fellow patriots, I had no choice but to run. I know their tactics like no other, and I know how to beat them. I hope to earn your support, and let's have some fun together while we're at it.

2. Raise your hand if you believe that Donald J. Trump is the rightful winner of the 2020 Presidential Election (Say if you raised your hand and if you like, write one or two sentences)

I raised my hand as we have seen with our own eyes the depravity, the desperation, and the pure spite coming from Democrats and the Deep State for all of the Trump years. I question the judgment of those on this stage who are turning a blind eye here.

3. Who is your favorite Republican President in your lifetime? (Keep your answer concise, 2-4 sentences)

As someone who's worked with every Republican president over the last 50 years, I believe I'm uniquely qualified to say Donald J. Trump. No one else could face the barrel of the entire establishment united against him and come out on top through the will of the people. No one else could redefine the playbook on trade, immigration, and nationalism long neglected by Washington. There is no other like President Trump.

4. The United States has an out of control inflation problem. The cost of housing, food, energy, and gasoline is spiraling, what will you do to control inflation and bring down costs for working Americans?

Let's start with the obvious: Maybe we shouldn't print and spend trillions upon trillions on who knows what and with no end in sight. Let's actually respect our taxpayers for once and spend wisely for the greatest payoff. That means manufacturing our goods here, producing our energy here, and leading the way in new technology here. We should be the global powerhorse. Not China.

We must also give Americans relief where it actually counts. I'm proposing a temporary suspension of payroll taxes until we get our economic house in order. If working Americans are getting robbed at the grocery store and at the pump, let's not rob them at every paycheck too. If we do some common sense for a change, which these career politicians clearly lack, we'll be getting somewhere.

5. Will you support a national abortion ban? Would it be after 15 weeks of pregnancy? 10 weeks? 6? Or would you prohibit all elective abortions?

No, I don't support a wholesale national ban. Here's what I believe: I'm pro-life to the core. Every newborn life is God's gift to earth. I also believe in reasonable exceptions for rape, incest, and the life of the mother. Most Americans and conservatives stand with me on this.

Personally, I feel that 10 weeks is a fair cutoff. However, I'm a big believer in power to the states—something that many in Washington seem to have stopped caring about lately. Local and state officials are held the most accountable to the people's demands. We can advance the pro-life cause the most effectively by empowering states on abortion. After all, the federal government isn't known for always getting things right.

To Mr. Stone: Mr. Stone you've run thus far, what many are describing as a "no holds barred" guerrilla campaign. You also have a conviction record. Some have said you're just too crazy to be President. Do you have the dignity and the personality to be a sober President?

Yes, Neil. I'm about to spill a dirty Washington secret for all you folks watching at home: Many of the same establishment creatures who call me nasty things one day are the same people who call or text me the next, begging for my advice. Think about that. Republicans, Democrats, and even Libertarians of all stripes have come seeking my judgment on every matter imaginable.

Why? They know I tell it as it is. I know the game better than anyone, and just like President Trump, they slander you the moment you expose them for who they are. My conviction was the result of the widely discredited Mueller witch hunt which wrongfully targeted many other patriots like General Michael Flynn. It was only through the grace of the Lord and President Trump that I could reclaim my own freedom.

Are my methods unconventional? Certainly. Will I apologize for ruffling the feathers of the RINOs, globalists, and liberals? Never. I owe it to this country I deeply love to fight like hell.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #128 on: December 29, 2022, 05:11:33 PM »

Campaigning in Manchester, New Hampshire, Noem and her supporters receive the news live that Virginia governor Glenn Youngkin has entered the race. She and her supporters watch a live video of his announcement speech. Noem's reaction:

"Mike Pence just dropped out of the race, but looks like a proto-Pence has entered the field to replace him! Like Mike Pence, Glenn Youngkin will say whatever to get elected. And when he's in power, there's no trusting what he will or won't do. First, let's remind ourselves what he did to get elected. He flip-flopped on the issues more than a pancake! And you know what, kudos to him. He did win. Unlike Kari Lake and Roger Stone and Lin Wood, he at least has notched some electoral victories under his belt.

But what are Glenn's political positions? I mean, sure, we want to elect a Republican to the White House. But we want to elect a real, conservative Republican, not someone who bends to the will of the Democrats half the time. We know that we can and will elect that type of a conservative. So what type of a conservative is Glenn Youngkin? Is he like Larry Hogan, Nikki Haley and Mike Pence? A chameleon who changes their views to get elected, says one thing and does another? Is he like Lin Wood, or Mike Lindell, or Kari Lake, a lunatic, extremist grifter, who would disgrace this party and hand the White House to the radical Democrats? Now I have a sneaking suspicion that he's just another Haley or Hogan, but let's take a look at the facts.

He opposes banning abortion in his state before twenty weeks, and opposed Texas' heartbeat law, to save unborn lives with a heartbeat. In contrast, I'll have you note that in South Dakota, we've got a complete abortion ban, with exceptions only to save the mother's life - and I proudly support it, since unlike Glenn, I am unequivocally pro-life.

He supports allowing criminals, people who have gone to jail for their crimes, to vote.

He's been very pliable and flexible as far as the 2020 contest goes. Half the time you'll hear him hedge on the issue, refusing to give a clear answer.

I think it's safe to say that Glenn will say anything to get elected, and that when it truly counts, he'll stab us conservatives in the back. Maybe this formula worked for him in Virginia, but my question is this: Is this the man we want as our standard-bearer? Someone who will corrupt election integrity by allowing criminals to vote, someone who's willing to compromise on the most important of issues? I don't think so, New Hampshire."
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #129 on: December 29, 2022, 05:14:35 PM »
« Edited: December 29, 2022, 05:19:30 PM by Ishan »

1. An Opening Statement

Well firstly, I'd like to thank Fox News for hosting this debate and for allowing us to debate the future of our nation.  I am running for President because I want competent leadership who will restore America's prosperity and do things that help working Americans -even if out-of-touch politicians and personalities want to do nothing but engage in political theater and get nothing done instead of bettering our country and as your President, I hope to ensure that you have a better quality of life than you did 4 years ago.

2. Raise your hand if you believe that Donald J. Trump is the rightful winner of the 2020 Presidential Election (Say if you raised your hand and if you like, write one or two sentences)

Larry Hogan didn't raise his hand.

3. Who is your favorite Republican President in your lifetime? (Keep your answer concise, 2-4 sentences)

My favorite President is Ronald Reagan and he is the reason why I got into public service. President Reagan defeated the Soviet Union and effectively showed the superiority of democracy over a repressive system of communism. He fought for ordinary Americans first over anything else and during his Presidency, many conservative policies were enacted which helped many working Americans, lowered inflation, and boosted our national pride in our nation.

4. The United States has an out of control inflation problem. The cost of housing, food, energy, and gasoline is spiraling, what will you do to control inflation and bring down costs for working Americans?

As President, I would lower the federal gas tax and invest in energy production to produce more American jobs and to ensure energy independence, and I would remove Biden's bans on new oil and gas development on federal lands and reduce dumb regulations that limit energy production.

As someone who worked in real estate, I would simply incentivize homebuilders to build more houses - and increase the supply of houses so that housing prices can go down. Every American should own a house and owning a house should be achievable for Americans, so I would subsidize the building of new houses to lower housing prices.

I would lower food prices by subsidizing the costs for oil, animal feed, and fertilizer for American farmers for the foreseeable future and by a comprehensive plan to lower inflation so that by 2026, food prices would be lower than food prices in 2020.

I want people to make more money at their jobs, pay less taxes, and be able to buy a house and feed their families and be able to comfortably save and invest in our economy and I want to be the President who fights for the everyday working American, not out of touch politicians.

It is a shame how other candidates are spewing political rhetoric instead of talking about their plans to help Americans and I hope that they realize that Americans don't want their hubris and they want action instead of talk from their elected representatives.

5. Will you support a national abortion ban? Would it be after 15 weeks of pregnancy? 10 weeks? 6? Or would you prohibit all elective abortions?

Like most Republicans and as a devout Catholic, I support a ban after 15 weeks with some common sense exceptions to rape and incest. I am pro-life and while I support limitations on when someone can get an abortion, I oppose a national ban.

Personalized Questions:
To Governor Hogan: Governor, instead of voting for Donald J. Trump in 2020, the overwhelming choice of conservatives and Republicans, you wrote in Ronald Reagan for President. Why? Do you think Donald Trump was a good President?

I wrote in Ronald Reagan because I found Trump and Biden to be too unpalatable for me. Ronald Reagan is my personal hero alongside my late father so when I didn't like the chaos of Trump's presidency and while I like many of Trump's policies, I think he wasn't a good president because of his conduct.

6. Rebuttal Period/Free Space

Well, Roger Stone - why are you a Senior Advisor for a Canadian political party? You claim to be a patriot but you advise Canadians instead of helping Republicans in your own country - something which is quite hypocritical and offensive to me as I am someone who is proud to be living in the best country in the world and to be a Republican unlike you.

If you want, I'll buy you a one-way plane ticket to Canada right now!

more to be added on later as more people respond
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #130 on: December 29, 2022, 05:31:55 PM »

Campaigning in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, Noem says,

"I was born in rural South Dakota, in Hamlin County. I grew up in a family of hardworking ranchers, who toiled hard to put food on the table. When my father died, my siblings and I worked even harder to help support my mother, to keep our family afloat. I dropped out of college to help support my family in their time of need.

A lot of the people running for this nomination, they're from rich families, they're the children of politicians trying to continue a political dynasty. They haven't lived in rural America, haven't seen the difficulties working-class Americans face. Not only have I seen those difficulties, I've lived in them. I've experienced them.

That was why I first entered public service. Not because my parents were in politics, but because I saw firsthand the difficulties people in my community, my neighbours, my friends, faced. I entered politics to be their advocate in government. To fight against policies that hurt ordinary Americans, that hurt middle- and working-class people, that stifle small businesses. To be a staunch advocate for our Second Amendment. To defend the lives of the voiceless.

Nothing has changed since then, except that the people of South Dakota have given me the honour of a lifetime in electing me to various offices. It has been the greatest honour to serve them, in the state legislature, Congress, as their governor. What is this presidential campaign about? Fundamentally, it's for those same people for whom I first sought public office, and the people like them all over this country, from Cedar Rapids to Seattle, from Detroit to Dallas. I am running for all of you. To restore your voices in government, to be your advocate, and to make government stop focusing on the elitist few, and begin looking at and listening to the many ordinary people from every corner of our great nation."

Excerpts from this mini-speech are used to create an ad that is aired in the Des Moines-Ames, Concord/Manchester, Las Vegas, Charlotte, and Charleston media markets (excerpts of the voiceover of Noem's mini-speech against a backdrop of a series of images of Noem's youth / early years, as well as her interactions with rural voters across the nation).
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #131 on: December 29, 2022, 06:00:48 PM »

Noem's general strategy is to focus her efforts on two of the early states in particular, that are more religious and rural than their counterparts: Iowa, and South Carolina. (Noem makes the traditional pledge to visit all 99 Iowa counties before the caucus, but unlike the other candidates, who give the rural counties very quick, cursory efforts, and focus only on the few urban counties, Noem spends time interacting with Americans in each of the state's counties.) Noem will campaign in New Hampshire, Nevada, and other states, as well, but she will especially focus on Iowa and South Carolina, and give special attention to their rural areas, trying to appeal to rural voters (see below).

ESTABLISHING A CONNECTION - THE RURAL TOUCH

Noem stresses her ordinary background and humble (and rural) origins, contrasting them with her opponents' "urban, elitist, wealthy" childhoods. She meets with rural voters and emphasises a kinsmanship and bond with each of them, emphasising that she IS one of them. Creating this personal connection of voters is an integral portion of her campaign strategy.

An exhibit of this part of her campaign is her speech in Cedar Rapids.

ATTACKING HER OPPONENTS

Of course, she also focuses on attacking the other candidates. She avoids attacking Lin Wood (viewing him as an insignificant joke candidate) and Roger Stone (with whom she's struck a truce of sorts, at least at the moment), attacking the two only in passing. Gaetz and Lindell get a few attacks as well (on Gaetz: "we are the party against pedophiles and groomers, and for family values - a literal pedophile is as antithetical to those values as anything, and we must disavow him completely"; Lindell is attacked simply as a "lunatic crackhead who doesn't even know what he's trying to say half the time"), but are largely deemed as insignificant. Ditto for Larry Hogan (an "establishment RINO who gives into the Democrats most of the time"). Mike Pence has, of course, bowed out of the race, leaving him a moot point.

Who DOES Noem attack? Hawley, Haley, Youngkin, Lake, and of course, DeSantis.

Hawley is slammed as a "pathetic coward" (Noem enjoys poking fun at him for the infamous photo of Hawley seeking refuge from the rioters he himself riled up) and "an establishment politician who drifts from one office to the next, doing absolutely nothing for Missourians" as well as a "hypocrite liar" (again: Hawley said he wasn't a career politician, and attacked said people, but then revealed himself to be just that).

Haley's "whole career was made by Donald Trump, and as a favour to Henry McMaster" (referencing the fact that Trump made Haley UN Ambassador because Lt. Gov. McMaster, an early Trump ally, wanted to ascend to the governorship). Haley is also attacked for "doing a complete 180 on the Confederate flag solely because woke liberals told her to" (Noem is careful to state that she does not necessarily support the flag herself - attacking Haley for flip-flopping on the issue, ostensibly to "appease the wokeists"); and is ripped into for "opposing anti-woke, common sense, socially conservative legislation," a reference to the bathroom ban which Haley voted, and which Noem attacks her for opposing.

Youngkin is attacked as an "empty suit" who "will say anything to get elected" and who "as his statements and actions show, is no friend of those who defend the lives of the unborn." He is also attacked for allowing ex-felons to vote ("an assault on election integrity - by a so-called Republican"), and for hedging on the 2020 election ("Either Donald Trump won it, or Joe Biden did. If you're not sure who did, just say so. But don't skirt your way around the question again and again, and repeatedly change your position, Glenn.")

Lake is attacked as a "sycophant loser" who "couldn't win in Arizona, a must-win state," a "pathetic, sore loser, who can't and didn't win but deludes herself that she did" and "a grifter" with "an inferiority complex." She is hammered for "opposing the mainstream media that she was a part of for over two decades," admitting herself that she was "brainwashed," and supporting Barack Obama. "Kari Lake was in the media for over twenty years. So it's in her nature to lie to us, again and again. I do think, however, she was telling us the truth when she said she got brainwashed - it's the only way to explain the completely incoherent nonsense she babbles most of the time...Frankly, I'm concerned about Kari and her mental health."

DeSantis is attacked for his "radical environmentalism" ("he's just another tree-hugger") and for "getting into feuds with Dinsey instead of serving Florida," as somebody who "like so many other career politicians, used Donald Trump to climb up the political ladder and reach where he is today, before trying to stab Donald Trump in the back and shove him down that same ladder...It's disgusting and it's appalling. If Ron is so readily willing to do this with our president, he'll do it with us once he's in power, too. Betray the people who got him to where he is." As far as his environmentalism goes, she also says "like so many environmentalists, he does not understand how much ordinary Americans our touched by the fossil fuel industry, by coal and oil. From his own position, never having worked in those industries, never having even known or met anyone who has, it's easy for him to be a moralist tree-hugger. But he'll never realise just how much the coal industry means to ordinary Americans in the coalfields of West Virginia and Kentucky. He will never know their struggle; and so he will never appreciate all that the coal industry means and does."
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #132 on: December 29, 2022, 06:21:18 PM »

In an effort to court other politicians, Noem publicly invites Iowa Governor Kim Reynolds as a meeting. Noem says of the meeting: "We're both female conservatives serving as governors of two midwestern, agricultural states. This is just a productive conversation we're going to have, to discuss some solutions to rural issues." On similar grounds, she also invites Senators Deb Fischer of Nebraska and Joni Ernst of Iowa (both members of the Agriculture Committee), as well as Rep. Ashley Hinson (R-IA02).

Noem also reaches out to Senator Chuck Grassley (yet another member of the Agriculture Committee, and the former Senate Pro Tempore) for a private meeting.

Montana governor Greg Gianforte, Noem's most prominent endorsement so far, helps by urging Montana politicians (Steve Daines, Matt Rosendale, and Ryan Zinke) to enter Noem's camp.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #133 on: December 29, 2022, 07:59:40 PM »

Ro Khanna 2024

The summer campaign

Summer. When campaigns begin to kick into high gear and solidify their bases. Ro knew he had some competition for the progressive lane; Jeff, Alexandria and JB were all excellent candidates, but he had to be better. California Democrats were already split between between Kamala and Gavin, so there was an opening for him to make a bit of a play, at least he hoped so. He began meeting with tech industry leaders in his home state to buff up his support there, and recruiting volunteers from that area as well.

Ro also began to amp up his internet presence. Hewas supposed to be the represenative of the 21st Century, so he was going to use whatever he could. Internet town halls became a staple of the campaign; questions would be sent in via video, and Ro would reply to them twice a week. Ads on Twitter and Facebook became prominent, as did short video ads on any platform that would carry them.

The slight bump in the polls was proof, in the eys of some staffers, that their long-game strategy was paying off, but others were fretting that this was a temporary bump. Ro leaned towards the latter, and doubled down on his base: tech workers, organised labour, and students. He kept up his twice-weekly strategy calls with everyone, and they all agreed to stick to the 'live off the land' strategy that had worked so far, or at least seemed to.

Media blitz

Another factor in the summer was Ro stepping up his media appearances. He began appearing on not just internet outlets such as The Young Turks and Democracy Now, but also booking interviews with MSNBC and CNN. The message was always the same: support for workers, a modern manufacturing sector, higher minimum wage, and so forth. 'Economic Patriotism' became the order of the day whenever Ro went out for an interview.

Ro also placed a priority on interviews with local media, both TV and print. People still did get a lot of information from their local news, so spreading the word about the campaign that way was likely to be helpful as well. After all, all politics was local.

Ro avoided attacking the other Democratic candidates as well in interviews. One of them was going to be the nominee, and it made little sense to tear them down. The speed that Sanders had united the progressive wing to Biden had been one of the keys to Biden's victory in 2020, and Ro did his best to maintain the spirit of party unity, and of course, progressive unity.

Behind the scenes

Ro knew that he couldn't match the institutional support of Harris, Buttigieg, and the other big-name candidates at the top. However, he knew infighting made party leaders nervous, and with the clashes between Newsom and Harris, he sensed an opening in the California Democratic Party. Maybe he'd never be able to match them, but he culd sure as hell ruin the campaign for them, so he aimed high.

He held his first meeting with Los Angeles Mayor Karen Bass in July. Ro expressed his support for Mayor Bass's focus on the homelessness issue, particularly her emergency declaration on the affair so soon after she had entered office. After all, a focus on housing was to be one of the centrepieces of Ro's infrastructure policy. He also held a meeting with the Massachusetts ocngresswoman Ayanna Pressley in August, with the two of them agreeing on a variety of progressive policy measures and the need to pursue them to the fullest.

He kept up his meetings with Smalls, Stephenson, and Shelton as well. he was still hoping to win over much of the tech industry and their workers, and what better way thatn to go after three big labour organisers?

Ro also held meetings where he could with community leaders and activists; hoping that their local support and connections on the groudn would continue to build up his support base there.
oldkyhome
Rookie
United States

« Reply #134 on: December 29, 2022, 09:21:05 PM »
« Edited: December 30, 2022, 06:38:37 PM by oldkyhome »

Breaking the Veil
Date: 6/2/23
Subject: Summer Phase

Good morning, Team Hawley!

Our campaign rollout has been a massive success. We're now registering at third-place in the RCP average, with double-digit support nationally, and we've laid a considerable amount of groundwork for early state infrastructure. This is a strong position, but as we move into the Summer phase, we'll need to begin shifting our focus towards breaking the veil of an "inevitable DeSantis nomination." Our data suggests the Florida Governor's front-runner status is precarious, held together by voter's presupposition that his main opposition is either non-existent or nutty and unelectable.

Coupled with this an electorate growingly suspicious of his convictions and motives, it's obvious DeSantis's position in this race is akin to that of a paper tiger. We just need to present an alternative.

In the next few days, Senator Hawley will officially kick-off the campaign by rallying the troops in his home-state of Missouri. In his speech, he'll strike a clear distinction between our vision - a party led by the good working people that comprise it - and the vision of Ron DeSantis and his special interest backers. Our job is to bring as much attention and awareness to that distinction as possible and to reach out to soft DeSantis voters, who may be skeptical of his stance (or lack thereof) on important issues, to make sure they know there is a real second-choice here.

Iowa shows particular promise for this operation. Most primary voters here disapprove of DeSantis's lackluster abortion bill, and internal polling suggests Senator Hawley is in striking distance of taking his 1st place spot. Our infrastructure here is among the most developed of any candidate, and the demographics - heavily religious, socially conservative, simple folk - have been the most receptive of any group to our message. A concerted effort could turn the tides in this consequential early state and - more importantly - rip apart Ron's paper tiger.

This is where the ground-game is of the essence. Our seasoned field organizers are familiar with this, but for those on our team who aren't, let me fill you in. Iowa is an old-fashioned "caucus" state, where candidates are expected to excite voters and deliver them to voting sites in libraries, schools, churches and more - and this process can last for up to hours. Supporters deliver speeches on behalf of their preferred candidate to sway voters to their side, and eventually the candidate with the most support at the end wins the precinct. As you might expect, an enthusiastic grassroots network of supporters can propel a candidate to victory, even if they don't have many big-whig donors or media allies.

As I mentioned before, the objective in this phase is to just get Hawley's name out there, so we'll be organizing canvassing efforts in every small town, every suburb, every college town and big city, every stretch of land we can extend our ground-game to, making calls, knocking door-to-door, compiling voter lists and precinct captains. For our volunteers, staying on message is key. Senator Hawley's religious roots and genuine conviction are second-to-none in this race, so we need to present him to voters plainly for what he is: a family man, a pioneer of the conservative legal movement, and a leading advocate for traditional family values. Hawley's biography plays well, as people here can relate to it more than any other early state. It also neatly juxtaposes with Hawley's credentials to MAGA voters, as a prominent election integrity activist, a free trade critic, and often a lone vote against Biden Administration power grabs.  We want to make sure voters know that Senator Hawley is the candidate for family values, for Trump, for that shining city on a hill that America once was, and against Biden and his cronies.

This is particularly important for tapping into Iowa's large constituency of Christian conservatives and evangelical networks - and distinguishing Hawley from other candidates as it relates to those voters. This is a voter base we plan to actively pursue, and it starts with getting the name out there and establishing a grassroots database.

I'm aware many of our volunteers from Missouri would like to get involved in our Iowa efforts. We're planning on renting out apartments in the Des Moines area to facilitate that. Our campaign is also preparing to coordinate a "money-bomb" in the aftermath of the kickoff in Missouri (as hopefully the attention will bring us a boost from Hawley's national constituency), and to accomodate our grassroots effort, we'll be using much of these funds, and our Q1 haul, to launch a TV ad blitz on the Iowa air waves. It's a significant buy, and one that'll reap great reward for our campaign.

Senator Hawley and his wife Erin plan to join our efforts in crisscrossing the Hawkeye State. He'll be here to help unveil field offices to Davenport, Marshalltown, and Fort Dodge, as well as hiring more on-the-ground staffers and organizers. He'll also be making countless stops across Iowa to strengthen our outreach effort by introducing himself to voters. It's the start of what some call the "Full Grassley," a homage to the state’s senior senator which involves visits to all 99 counties in the state. Folks will find that the more they see of Senator Hawley, the more they like him, and that's crucial for drumming up the enthusiasm that's necessary for winning the Iowa Caucus.

As for our friends outside Iowa, I'll get back to you with our national strategy shortly. While Iowa is the first stop shop for our Summer operation, don't forget we'll need to win states across the country. Each and every one of you are part of our effort to win the hearts and minds of voters across the country.

Be sure to stay in touch with your local organizers and chairs to receive more updates and plans from Team Hawley.

Public Domain, via Wikimedia Commons

Hawley launches campaign with a strong message to Republicans: "This is an election, not a coronation."

U.S Senator Josh Hawley held the first major rally of his Presidential campaign in his home town of Lexington, Missouri, and, in characteristically brash Hawley fashion, declared to the crowd of nearly 12,000 people that this year's primary 'is an election, not a coronation.' It comes after weeks of thinning margins for frontrunner DeSantis amidst a rising Hawley, who announced he would run for President in early March.

He was joined by an array of home-state backers including Congressmen Sam Graves and Jason Smith and Senator Eric Schmitt, as well as Hillbilly Elegy author and freshman Senator from Ohio J.D Vance, all of whom announced their support for Hawley and his campaign. 'Josh Hawley knows the struggle of middle America because he's lived it,' Vance said, in a speech introducing him, 'For the past six years in the U.S Senate, he's shown the courage to fight for that struggle, to fight for our values, and for our way of life, against a Washington increasingly ignorant of it.'

He started the speech thanking his supporters, his family, and his lifelong friends, speaking to his roots in small-town Lexington, Missouri and the values he grew up with. It was a biography that captured his pitch to voters and distinguished himself from the real estate mogul Trump in a way little else could, apart from his youth and prose.

Hawley cast his candidacy as a direct rebuttal to the Biden Administration as a young, insurgent son of the Midwest, rejecting the idea that the 'heart of America' needed to be 'transformed' as someone who grew up in the heartland. He rebuked the notion that the country needed a 'return to normalcy', highlighting his belief that 'Americans need a President that will challenge the Washington establishment, not make peace with it.' He focused on the pain that people felt as a result of the President's economic mismanagement, but didn't miss a chance to criticize the Garland indictments, labeling them an attempt to 'silence the voice of more than 70 million Americans that voted for Trump, and the many more who would've voted for him this election.'

But more than that, he lambasted party establishment's seemingly indifferent attitude towards it, calling it 'characteristic of an old guard growingly out of touch with its voters' concerns and values,' eliciting cheers when he told the crowd that it was why 'they seem to think this year's primary is a coronation.' Indeed, the greatest theme of the night was that traditional Republican vanguards were in for a reckoning with the party's base.

Hawley's speech also covered a range of policy issues, including trade, immigration, courts, abortion, and more. In particular, he called for the renegotiation or termination of many free trade deals, a wall on the U.S-Mexico border, extensive lobbying and campaign finance reform, appointing judges that would defend religious liberty, and a national abortion ban that would 'end the abomination many blue states have allowed with post-birth abortions.' He reiterated from his announcement video that his focus would be to 'revive the great American middle in small towns, in suburbs, in big cities too' and 'challenge the Washington establishment in both parties.'

The Missouri Senator finished off his speech with the story of how he met Erin, emphasizing how much family meant to his campaign. This, he articulated, was lost on many party bosses, special interests, and other powerful people in the upper echelons of Washington D.C, and the result, an erosion of family values and ‘family-centered politics’, was intimately tied to declining economic opportunity for the middle class, falling standards of living, and deteriorating communal life. This, he continued, was the story of 'towns like mine, towns like yours' which is why the pain people are feeling now is personal to him and why it was so crucial that voters 'shock the D.C donor class and {...} save our country' this election.

Elizabeth, who is supporting Hawley and attended the launch, told reporters after the speech that 'he made a very big impression on, I think, everyone. He is very authentic, and this is what people are craving.' A spokesman for the Hawley campaign told media that Sen. Hawley would be 'off to Iowa' after a round of interviews that the campaign had booked to follow his launch.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #135 on: December 29, 2022, 10:47:16 PM »
« Edited: December 30, 2022, 01:00:36 PM by KaiserDave »

Chapter II: Red Hot Summer
Midturn Update

Pre-Debate/Debate Content Coming at Next Turn

Report: Al Gore considering third bid for the White House
The Hill, June 9th, 2023

NEW 2024 FEC F2
Albert Arnold Gore Jr. (DEM)
#POTUS (DEM-Biden)

@CATargetAlt, Twitter, June 13th, 2023

BREAKING: Former Vice President Al Gore to Run for President
CNN, June 14th, 2023

"Very few have dealt with the devious behavior of modern Republicans like Al Gore. Some say his decision to run now is perplexing....and maybe it is. But he knows what he's up against and what it will take to win."
Laurence O'Donnell, Live on MSNBC, June 15th, 2023

CHP Ahead of AKP based on Initial Results: Runoff Needed for President
BBC, June 18th, 2023

Senate House Progressives Split: Senate Progressives Warren, Baldwin, Brown seemingly prefer Merkley, House Progressives Jayapal, Pocan, Porter like Khanna
POLITICO, June 20th, 2023

DISGUSTING: Former Gitmo Inmate Accuses DeSantis of Rape, Abuse
InfoWars, June 23rd, 2023

"If not Trump, I trust Stone. He doesn't care about the bullsh**t rules of civility. He knows what it will take to defend white America."
Nick Fuentes, Live on America First, June 24st, 2023

"Gavin Newsom, and other people goes and say they're trying to uplift black people, black women. And he's out here running against the black, female Vice President? After she supported him for years? All I see is hypocrisy, people gonna do anything to keep a black woman down these days. We notice, and we vote."
Maxine Waters to Press Gaggle, June 26th, 2023

The mainstream media is coming after Roger Stone because he tells the truth. Don't be an NPC!
@ElonMusk, Twitter, June 29th, 2023

Newly Minted Nigerian President Obi to meet Biden, visit New York City
CNN, June 30th, 2023

"Why choose to run now? I don't get it. Well God love him."
Joe Biden on the Hot Mic, July 2nd, 2023

Razor-Thin Runoff Victory for İmamoğlu: Erdogan Demands Recount
BBC, July 2nd, 2023

"Kari Lake says she's against sexual grooming of children, but she participated in cross-dressing drag shows for YEARS, and supported and donated to LIBERAL Democrats like John Kerry and Barack Obama. Kari Lake: Anti-Gun, Anti-America, Anti-Family, can't be trusted."
Ad Aired by AMERICANS FOR CONSERVATIVE VICTORY in Early Primary States, June-July, 2023

"247 years ago our forefathers bravely imagined a new kind of government. Where power comes not from golden thrones and English crowns, but from the people. And we gotta remember that! They put their lives on the line so their nation could be organized and run by average folks! A lot of people throw on the language of these men, they cloak themselves in the Declaration of Independence, while calling for the destruction of our democracy. Don't let them get away with it folks. They are against everything this holiday is about! But today I believe Americans stand united against these threats."
Joe Biden, Fourth of July Address, July 4th, 2023

BREAKING: DOJ BRINGS NEW CHARGES AGAINST TRUMP, OBSTRUCTION, CONSPIRACY, INSURRECTION
CNN, July 6th, 2023

there's no other option now. get ready. 11/8/16-11/8/23 THIS TIME WE HAVE TO ACT.
@MAGA2016,Patriots.win, July 7th, 2023

"Remember, if they can lock up the President on illegal, nonsense, BS charges, they can lock up any of you."
Tucker Carlson Live on FOX, July 7th, 2023

The JOE BIDEN Justice Department is nothing short of evil! Never forget how the FBI, Media, Clintons, and Soros teamed up to bring down THE BEST PRESIDENT IN HISTORY. These are sick, evil people!
@realDonaldTrump, Truthsocial, July 9th, 2023

On the Ground: The Ukrainian Drive to Melitopol
VICE News, July 10th, 2023

Knife-fight: The Harris Newsom Feud
POLITICO, July 12th, 2023

Thune, "Controls on runaway entitlement spending are a must" for Autumn Budget
The Hill, July 14th, 2023

Trump Fires Most of his Legal Defense, accusing them of working against him
The New York Times, July 15th, 2023

"I've been a very enthusiastic supporter of the President for a very long time, he did an incredible job in the White House. But to win in 2024, Republicans need to move on from the last 3 years and beat the corrupt Obama/Clinton/Biden/Harris administration."
Sean Hannity, Live on FOX News, July 16th, 2023

Tim Kaine (who has yet to endorse for President) says "I like Al Gore. He's a very smart man, I'd love to see him debate Ron DeSantis. I like Vice President Harris, I like Jeff (Merkley), we have a lot of talented people running for President."
@mkraju, Twitter, July 17th, 2023

NH Poll: Who do you support for President in the New Hampshire primary?  (Republican)
Ron DeSantis: 30%
Nikki Haley: 16%
Glenn Youngkin: 12%
Larry Hogan: 9%
Kari Lake: 8%
Josh Hawley: 7%
Roger Stone: 7%
Kristi Noem: 4%
Matt Gaetz: 1%
Undecided/Someone Else: 6%

NH Poll: Who do you support for President in the New Hampshire primary? (Democratic)
Pete Buttigieg: 24%
Kamala Harris: 22%
Gavin Newsom: 12%
Gretchen Whitmer: 9%
Al Gore: 8%
Jeff Merkley: 5%
Ro Khanna: 3%
Kirsten Gillibrand: 3%
J.B. Pritzker: 3%
Alexandria Ocasio Cortez: 3%
Eric Adams: 1%
Undecided/Someone Else: 8%
New Hampshire Union Leader (Monmouth University Poll), July 19th, 2023

From New Hampshire Republican Leaders: America needs a pragmatist, a real problem solver, America needs Governor Larry Hogan
Letter to the Editor, New Hampshire Union-Leader, July 20th, 2023

Endorsements

Ron DeSantis
Florida Congresswoman María Elvira Salazar
Florida Congressman Carlos A. Giménez
U.S. Senator for Wyoming Cynthia Lummis
Arkansas Governor Sarah Huckabee Sanders
Tennessee Governor Bill Lee
Mississippi Governor Tate Reeves
Former Secretary of the Treasury Steve Mnuchin
The DeVos Family
Former Attorney General William Barr
Former Attorney General and Alabama Senator Jeff Sessions
U.S. Senator for Alaska Dan Sullivan
U.S. Senator for Arkansas John Boozeman
Alabama Governor Kay Ivey
Political Commentator Ben Shapiro
Nevada Congressman Mark Amodei
Former Nevada Attorney General Adam Laxalt
U.S. Senator for Texas John Cornyn
Nikki Haley
South Carolina Governor Henry McMaster
U.S. Senator for South Carolina Lindsey Graham
U.S. Senator for South Carolina Tim Scott
Former Secretary of State Rex Tillerson
Georgia Governor Brian Kemp
U.S. Senator for North Carolina Thom Tillis
Ohio Governor Mike DeWine
Former Secretary of State Mike Pompeo
Josh Hawley
U.S. Senator for Missouri Eric Schmitt
U.S. Senator for Ohio J.D. Vance
Attorney Christopher DeMuth
Publisher Emile Doak
Missouri Congressman Sam Graves
Missouri Congressman Jason Smith
Activist Bob Vander Plaats
Missouri Congressman Eric Burlison
Missouri Congressman Blaine Luetkemeyer
Venture Capitalist Peter Thiel
Glenn Youngkin
North Dakota Governor Doug Burgum
Virginia Congressman Bob Wittman
Virginia Congresswoman Jen Kiggans
Virginia Congressman Ben Cline
Virginia Congressman Morgan Griffith
Kari Lake
Wrestler Brock Lesnar
Wrestler Mark William Calaway "The Undertaker"
The Bundy Family
Actress Gina Carano
Actress Roseanne Barr
Country Music Artist Randy Owen
Singer-songwriter Toby Keith
Quarterback Aaron Rodgers
Singer-songwriter Alan Jackson
TV Personality Rick Harrison (Erroneously given to Stone last turn)
Roger Stone
Media Personality Andy Ngo
Media Personality James O'Keefe
Media Personality Alex Jones
Former Congressional Candidate Laura Loomer
Media Personality Gavin McInnes
Blogger Lew Rockwell
Internet Entrepreneur Kim Dotcom
Former White House Advisor Steve Bannon
Former Maine Governor Paul LePage
Former Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich
New York Congressman George Santos
Former National Security Advisor Michael Flynn
Media Personalities Diamond and Silk
Media Personality Michelle Malkin
Media Personality Ann Coulter
Former Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio
Former MLB Pitcher Curt Schilling
Larry Hogan
Former Massachusetts Governor and NCAA President Charlie Baker
Vermont Governor Phil Scott
Former New Jersey Governor Chris Christie
Former New Hampshire Congressman Charles Bass
Former New Hampshire Senate President Chuck Morse
New Hampshire Senate President Jeb Bradley
Former U.S. Senator for New Hampshire Judd Gregg
Kristi Noem
Montana Governor Greg Gianforte
U.S. Senator for Nebraska Deb Fischer
U.S. Senator for South Dakota Mike Rounds
Mike Lindell

Matt Gaetz
Colorado Congresswoman Lauren Boebert
New York City Young Republicans Club

Kamala Harris
Ohio Congresswoman and Chair of the Congressional Black Caucus Joyce Beatty
Delaware Congresswoman Lisa Blunt Rochester
California Congresswoman Maxine Waters
California Congresswoman Barbara Lee
California Congresswoman Julia Brownley
California Congressman Ted Lieu
U.S. Senator for Delaware Tom Carper
U.S. Senator for Delaware Chris Coons
U.S. Senator for Maryland Chris Van Hollen
U.S. Senator for New Mexico Ben Ray Luján
U.S. Senator for Virginia Mark Warner
EMILY's List
Alabama Congresswoman Terri Sewell
Florida Congresswoman Frederica Wilson
Georgia Congressman Sanford Bishop
Virginia Congresswoman Jennifer McClellan
San Francisco Mayor London Breed
Pete Buttigieg
LGBTQ Victory Fund
New Jersey Congressman Andy Kim
North Carolina Congressman Jeff Jackson
Rhode Island Congressman Seth Magaziner
Rhode Island Congressman David Cicilline
Actor Robert De Niro
New Hampshire Congresswoman Annie Kuster
Gavin Newsom
U.S. Senator for California Alex Padilla
California Congressman Adam Schiff
Maryland Congressman Jamie Raskin
Former HUD Secretary Julian Castro
Philadelphia Mayor Jim Kenney
Alexandria Ocasio Cortez
Missouri Congresswoman Cori Bush
Minnesota Congresswoman Ilhan Omar
Michigan Congresswoman Rashida Tlaib
Former Secretary of Labor Robert Reich (Shared with Khanna and Merkley)
Gretchen Whitmer
U.S. Senator for Michigan Gary Peters
U.S. Senator for Michigan Debbie Stabenow
Michigan Congresswoman Haley Stevens
Michigan Congresswoman Elissa Slotkin
Michigan Congressman Dan Kildee
Michigan Lieutenant Governor Garlin Gilchrist
Michigan Secretary of State Jocelyn Benson
Michigan Attorney General Dana Nessel
Detroit Mayor Mike Duggan
Former Congressman Tim Ryan
Former New Hampshire Congresswoman Carol Shea-Porter
J.B. Pritzker
Illinois Senator Tammy Duckworth
Chicago Mayor Chuy Garcia
Eric Adams
Reverend Al Sharpton
Bronx Borough President Ruben Diaz Jr.
Former Congressman Charles Rangel
Illinois Congressman Bobby Rush
Jeff Merkley
U.S. Senator for Oregon Ron Wyden
Washington Governor Jay Inslee
Oregon Governor Tina Kotek
Former Secretary of Labor Robert Reich (Shared with Khanna and AOC)
Idaho State Representative Paulette Jordan
Former Montana Governor Brian Schweitzer
U.S. Senator for Vermont Peter Welch
Media Personality David Pakman
Oregon Congresswoman Val Hoyle
Former Oregon Congressman Peter DeFazio
Former U.S. Senator for West Virginia Jay Rockefeller
Ro Khanna
Media Personality Cenk Uygur
Former Secretary of Labor Robert Reich (Shared with Merkley and AOC)
President of the CWA Chris Shelton (CWA Vote Pending)
Kirsten Gillibrand
Governor of New York Kathy Hochul
New York Congressman Paul D. Tonko
New York Congresswoman Yvette Clarke
Virginia Congresswoman Jennifer Wexton
Al Gore
Former Tennesse Congressman Jim Cooper
Tennessee Congressman Steve Cohen
Nashville Mayor John Cooper
Virginia Congressman Don Beyer

This List does not include all endorsements, nor does the absence of named endorsements mean you have no endorsements, these are just meant to indicate to players who is gathering what kind of support where and as a record of major endorsements. Also remember they are far from the be all end all.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #136 on: December 30, 2022, 12:33:18 AM »
« Edited: December 30, 2022, 12:38:33 AM by Ishan »

June

Larry Hogan will spend the majority of June campaigning in New Hampshire - holding campaign events and town halls in the evenings and nights on weekdays and campaigning all day on the weekends. A very brutal schedule - but necessary for the survival of the Hogan campaign. Hogan will meet with newspapers and Republican politicians in New Hampshire on prospective endorsement, and will court the Governor on an endorsement.

Toward the end of the month, Larry Hogan will campaign in Iowa, campaigning in Iowa's cities and suburbs of those cities, and establishing a presence in Iowa. Hogan will also be touting his plan to help American farmers by subsidizing the costs for oil, animal feed, and fertilizer and try to attract farmers to the Hogan campaign, even if it is unlikely for that to happen.

July

Larry Hogan will continue to campaign in Iowa for the first week or so, and then he will go back to New Hampshire.

For the rest of July, Larry Hogan will continue to campaign in New Hampshire and to expand his operations in New Hampshire - he will campaign with the various New Hampshire political figures who have endorsed him, such as Charles Bass, Chuck Morse, Jeb Bradley, and Judd Gregg and expand his advertising campaign in New Hampshire.

Following the op-ed by the New Hampshire Union-Leader, Hogan will spend a week meeting with local Republican leaders - from local town party chairs and aldermen to Governor Sununu though it is unlikely for the latter to endorse him now. Hogan will minimalize his campaigning during the week - campaign once every two days or so and the campaign hopes that it can create a strong campaign in the state.

Following the long week, Larry Hogan will rest for a day before going on a flight to Nevada to campaign for two weeks.

August

In Nevada, Larry Hogan will campaign in the Las Vegas area for the most part, spending three days in Reno and Carson City - where he'll campaign on rebuilding infrastructure and making areas safer and lowering crime.

Following the end of his time in Nevada, Hogan will travel to South Carolina - where he will spend a week, touting his agricultural policies in more rural areas - and appeal to the South Carolina suburban voter by touting his positions on public safety and his plans for schools in urban and suburban areas.

Following the end of his South Carolina and Nevada tour, Hogan will go back to New Hampshire - where he will spend the remainder of the month campaigning and creating advertising for the campaign.

National advertisement - We should better that.

Larry Hogan - Hello, my name is Larry Hogan. I am running for President because

scene of crumbling roads

I see our roads and bridges crumbling - we should fix that

scene of classroom

I believe that our children should receive a better quality of education - we should better our schools.

scene of grocery aisle

I believe that our groceries expenses shouldn't be as high - we should have lower food prices.

scene of gas station

I believe we shouldn't have to spend as much to fill our gas tanks - we should have lower gas prices.

scene of chart

I believe that the high rate of inflation is outrageous - we should lower our inflation and remove bad economic policies which hurt Americans.

scene of capitol building

I believe that we should get things done - not let out of touch politicians engage in political theater and hurt our nation.

returns to Hogan

As your President, I will fix the problems we face - from high gas prices and inflation to crumbling roads neglected by out of touch Washington politicians. I hope you will join me on my journey to become your President and I hope you go to LarryHogan.com.

I am Larry Hogan and I endorse this message.

Iowa Ad - Fighting for farmers

The ad introduces Bob Johnson, a farmer and veteran who lives near Cedar Rapids

Hi there, my name is Bob and I am a soybean farmer and I support Larry Hogan for President because he is the only candidate who is addressing issues faced by us.

He released a plan to help farmers - something no candidate has done.

He cares about rural America - while other candidates pander and divide, Hogan addresses problems which we feel. He talked to me and my wife about bettering our schools and classrooms - so that my daughters can get a good education.

He is open and approachable and willing to answer any question asked - as someone who was skeptical of Hogan, when I met him a few weeks ago - I saw his passion for betting our country, and as a veteran, I see plenty of politicians claim to want to better our country, but Hogan's the real deal.

I see Larry Hogan as someone who will call out the political elites' bull crap and better our country, and that is why I am caucusing for Larry Hogan. I hope you will caucus for Larry Hogan when caucus day happens.

scene ends

I am Larry Hogan and I agree with Bob's message.

New Hampshire ad - Getting things done for you

ad begins with Larry Hogan

I am glad to have the support of a wide variety of New Hampshirites who want to get things done, and today you will see them and see their reasons why they support me.

scene switches

My name is Maggie Richards, I am a mother and I support Larry Hogan because he cares about the education of children, and as a mother that's important to me.

scene switches

My name is Neil Patel, I am a software developer and as someone who needs to drive a long distance to work, Larry Hogan seems to be the only candidate who has a plan to lower gas taxes for good.

scene switches

My name is John Stewart, and I run and own a motel, and I support Larry Hogan because he cares about brightening up my area so more tourists can come and invest their money into our economy.

scene switches

My name is Brenda Martin, and as someone who needs to find good insurance which can cover my brother, I support Larry Hogan because he believes in lowering insurance premiums and better healthcare.

scene switches back to Hogan

I am glad to get the support of Maggie, Neil, John, and Brenda - and I am sick of out of touch politicians and personalities rambling on about crap, and I believe it is time to rein in them so we can address problems and better our country and get things done - and if you also believe in that and what Maggie, Neil, John, and Brenda said, you should join our campaign at LarryHogan.com.

I am Larry Hogan and I agree with this message.
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.68, S: -3.48

P P P
« Reply #137 on: December 30, 2022, 01:43:21 AM »

Gillibrand Debate Responses
Accessed via Imgur

Question 1: Opening Statement
Thank you Lester and Drexel University for hosting us here tonight in beautiful Philadelphia, the home of American freedom. To those of you who don't know me, I'm Kirsten Gillibrand. I'm a mother of two from rural New York who won in a congressional district where the number of cows outnumbered the number of Democrats. I've fought my entire life to build an America where everyone has the ability to succeed and have worked during my time in the Senate to cut middle class Americans in. I'm here tonight to address your concerns, answer how I'll work to drive America forward, and build a nation in which we coexist and build each other up with bridges of hope rather than walls of division. Thank you.

Question 2: Single Payer
* Raises hand.* More and more Americans are having to ration their live saving medicine in order to keep the lights on. We've got to fix it, I'm going to fix it, and we're going to stop the takeover of big pharma and invest back into the American people.

Question 3: Climate Change
Climate change is one of, if not the greatest global issue, that will affect not only us but our future generations. It's detrimental and it has destroyed communities, left people dead, and is even threatening to absorb entire countries in Micronesia. As a Senator, I've introduced legislation to clean up the Hudson River and our Great Lakes, working to keep our waterways pollution free and help protect the diverse environments and ecosystems which thrive. Additionally, I've spearheaded legislation to introduce greater regulations on big polluters, something that the Republicans have done everything in their power to stop. Some candidates on this stage will talk a big talk, but most of them haven't walked the walk. I know, firsthand, the effects that climate change can have on communities because I've seen it. Farms across upstate New York have a greater threat of droughts and wildfires spreading, potentially leading to entire livelihoods being lost. As President, I'll commit to net zero carbon emissions by 2040, will declare climate change a National Emergency on day 1, and enter into more international agreements to stop the effects of climate change globally - including pressuring Russia, China, and India to do the same. We've got to fix this, and I believe that I'm the only one with the guts to do it.

Question 4: First 100 Days
From Day 1, I'm getting straight to work for the American people. Declaring climate change a national emergency, proposing legislation in Congress to protect abortion nationally, create a national Cyber Academy, protect America's fisheries and manufacturing industries, and protecting our communities from gun violence are some of my top priorities for the first 100 days. Many Presidents commit to a lot, yet they don't follow through. To those who have been disappointed by these broken promises, I ask you to look at my record. No matter the political climate, I have gotten things done. I've passed gun and environment protections in Republican senates and have advanced a progressive agenda to uplift communities, especially marginalized communities, across the United States. We're going to get things done in the first 100 days not because we want to, but because we have to, for the sake of our country and for the betterment of our world.

Question 5: Geopolitical Adversary
There is only one answer to this question: China. China has been investing in the Silk Road Initiative and others like it immensely in the past decade, building relationships and bringing countries onto their side by creating infrastructure projects and handing out money. They've tried to destroy our manufacturing and opposed us militarily. China was made powerful by the United States back in the 70s, and it's time that we bring them to heel. As President, I'll work diplomatically to build strategic international relationships to help court nations to our side, building lasting bonds which will work to our benefit. Additionally, I'll put pressure on China to get their hands off of American jobs, bringing them back home and strengthening our economy. Producing more in the United States and inspiring new businesses are one of my top priorities. It's time that we take Silicon Valley nationally and create a greater number of technological hearths and cut more minorities and women in on the ability to start a business and flourish. We're going to put America back on top and show China who's boss.

Personal Question
As a member on the Senate Intelligence & Armed Services Committees, I've got to learn a lot about national security throughout my tenure. We all know that the United States is under constant attack by foreign threats, but there are better ways that we can handle these threats. In this new digital age, cybersecurity efforts can protect our national secrets, plans, identities, and all other important classified information. I've proposed a National Cybersecurity Academy to help educate a new generation of Americans who are ready to help their country protect itself from foreign threats by using technology. I'd also like to quickly thank Vice President Harris for her comments about my plan and I look forward to working with her to implement it when I'm President. Additionally, I've always been clear that I would support any diplomatic action to help keep the United States safe, especially against threats like Russia and China who are looking at any possible opportunity to strike us down. We've got to get stronger, invest back into our country and security, and ensure our nation's safety while building relationships and bonds internationally to connect ourselves to the outside world. We'll strengthen NATO, push for more fairness in the United Nations, and work with our ASEAN and African partners to create a network of safety for nations defending democracy and safeguarding their way of life.

McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #138 on: December 30, 2022, 01:56:14 AM »
« Edited: December 30, 2022, 02:10:15 AM by McGovernite »

Gillibrand Ad: Impossible
Aired In: NH, NV, SC, MN, IA, UT, OR, ID, TX, VT, MA, ME, RI
All images accessed via Imgur

"They want to take away health care from millions of Americans."
"They want to make abortion illegal."
We can't just tune it out, we've got to shut it down.
I won't apologize for only nominating judges who support a women's right to choose.
I don't care if corrupt politicians are scared at my plan to get big money out of politics.
And I'm proud that I supported Medicare for All before it was popular.
I've stood up to the Republicans when they've tried to gut social programs, and I'll do it again.
Nothing is impossible, if we fight for it.
I'm Kirsten Gillibrand, I'm running for President, and I approve this message.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #139 on: December 30, 2022, 04:05:34 AM »
« Edited: December 30, 2022, 11:09:39 AM by Senator Spiral »

Hispanic Outreach

For the Stone campaign, they believe it is paramount to capture the passion and loyalty of the Hispanic vote early on. Not just among Hispanic conservatives, of course, but making a lasting impression among dozens of millions of Americans as Stone already is building towards his general election strategy. Much is made in the press over the supposed staying power of DeSantis with Latinos, and every campaign claims they are going through heaven and earth to appeal to these voters. For Roger Stone, though, this is personal. This is family.

Meet Nydia Stone: devoted wife of Roger and a proud Cuban-American. A refugee from the homeland, she settled to the U.S. as a young girl and worked her way up through a mix of modeling and photography. Ever since she met Roger Stone at a Reagan 1980 event, the two have madly stayed in love since. Nydia has long been her husband's loudest, proudest supporter, sticking with him and raising awareness when the DOJ actively prosecuted charges against him. Keeping few boundaries between the two, Nydia is just as staunch a conservative as Roger. Perhaps the most major difference is her softer touch.

Nydia, in many ways, will be the campaign's secret weapon for success.

As the summer unfolded and campaigns began investing more on paid media, Stone would wisely invest in untapped, neglected markets. This included Spanish radio, which encompasses a wide spectrum of ethnic groups, subject matters, and programs. Nydia would begin being a frequent guest on many of these nationally syndicated programs, talking about her heritage, how she fell in love with Roger and his vision, along with why Roger offers the best path forward for all Latinos in realizing the American Dream. When possible, Nydia also tries making enough noise on the television front to be invited to in-studio appearances on channels including Telemundo, Univision, and Estrella TV.

Soon, the campaign would introduce an ad featuring Nydia (speaking in Spanish) to be heavily circulated on these radio stations, along with a smaller but recurring investment on TV. The translation of the ad is as follows:

"Hello, I'm Nydia Stone. When I first met my husband Roger Stone at a Ronald Reagan event, I knew right away what passion this man has. He does not pay mind to who you are, where you come from, or what your life circumstances are. Roger Stone wants to do everything in his power to give each and every one of us a chance to succeed. From the single mother, to the college student, to the factory worker, we all contribute to this country we love. Roger knows that and lives that as we have raised our beautiful children together, now with children of their own.

He understands our people, our culture, and our dreams. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Take it from this proud Latino woman. Join us on this campaign to make the American Dream stronger than ever before."

Expenditures for the ad would be highest in the five following states: Nevada, Florida, California, New York, and Texas.

Of particular focus for microtargeting is Americano Media, a relatively new but widely expanding network for Latino conservatives. Both Roger and Nydia would arrange multiple talks with its executives and on-air personalities, establishing their conservative credentials unique for their depth of understanding of Latino issues. Another gain is fortifying trusted relations with these key media groups as voters soon begin to pay more attention to the primaries.

Separate from media appearances, Roger Stone would be highly active with becoming a familiar, and trusted, face among influential Latino Republicans. One main target for outreach is the Congressional Hispanic Conference. Stone made his pitch to Chair Mario Diaz-Balart and Vice Chair Tony Gonzales while stopping in DC, arguing that he has long been ahead of the curve in pushing an inclusionary party that recognizes the cultural values and attitudes on work shared by Latinos. It was only through the last two election cycles that the GOP realized they could become a dominant majority by converting their vote, and Stone is best equipped to understand their impulses and persuade voters. Stone would proceed to have separate meetings individually with the other Conference members.

Outside of Capitol Hill, Stone proceeded to hold several noteworthy outreach events. The most high profile was a joint fundraiser held with Mayor Francis Suarez and rapper (and occasional conspiracy theorist) Pitbull in Miami for humanitarian work in Cuba. Outside of the event, Stone would bond with Mayor Suarez over their shared advocacy of cryptocurrencies. With Pitbull, they would talk about their shared skepticism of certain vaccines. While in Florida, Stone hosted a livestream with Sen. Marco Rubio where they mainly talked regarding the Cuban embargo and how Washington should best handle Latin American policy with the new regimes in charge. Making a stop in Texas, Stone visited the border and invited Sen. Ted Cruz, along with Reps. Tony Gonzales, Monica De La Cruz, and former Rep. Maya Flores, to have a roundtable discussion on the importance of border security for these communities.

As Stone spent considerable time across Nevada in the summer, he would take the lessons of his outreach and apply it towards a meticulous model for identifying likely Latino supporters. Once these supporters were targeted, the next step was to convince as many as possible to become active within their state campaign. Under the best projections, the campaign would see a ripple effect of heavy organization plus word of mouth monopolizing the Latino bloc in Stone's camp. Even with that particular goal far away, the more immediate objective is to blunt the stranglehold that DeSantis currently possesses. This would be done through a combination of allusions to scandal, deceiving political opportunism claims against the Governor, along with vivid examples of how Stone understands their stories and their lives.
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #140 on: December 30, 2022, 12:23:29 PM »

Gillibrand Calls on Congress to Vote on Her Family Bill of Rights
Accessed via Imgur

Vice President Harris: The gentlewoman from New York is recognized for 5 minutes.
Gillibrand: Thank you Madam President. Fellow Senators, I stand before you today to inform you of the problems and issues families are facing across this nation. People are dying. Families are being destroyed. Children are left without homes. This is serious stuff. Today I rise to speak about S.B. 185, or the Family Bill of Rights Act. My bill, sponsored by Representative Ro Khanna in the House, will deliver results for American families and safeguard healthcare while ensuring that those who are pregnant will not suffer at the hands of wanting to create a family. Let's go over the key points of this bill:

1. The right to a safe and healthy pregnancy.
2. The right to give birth or adopt a child, regardless of income or sexual orientation
3. The right to a safe and affordable nursery
4. The right to personally care for your loved ones while still getting paid, including care for your child in its infancy
5. The right to affordable child care and early education before kindergarten is available publicly

Senators, when our Founding Fathers crafted the Declaration of Independence they shared their vision for all Americans to have "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness." Senators, this is not what we see today. People are left on the street, hungry, disheveled, and un-helped. Families are rationing their medicine in order to keep the lights on. Children are becoming more and more likely to fall into the trap of drugs and crime. This is serious stuff, and no one has done a single thing about it. This bill will not only keep the economy going by ensuring families have money to spend and invest back, but it will keep our children safe and in a loving home. Additionally, more and more young women are having to get unsafe abortions because of state restrictions and the federal disregard for women's healthcare. As a woman, and a mother of two: I am fed up. I have gone through the childbirth process, and it isn't easy. Some women would rather not have children, and their reasons are valid. We have no right, as a Government, to question the motives of individuals who make their own healthcare decisions, or to limit their privacy. This bill will further abortion protections, and put women's healthcare on the forefront of the fight for medical justice.

It's for this reason that I call on this Senate to take action. We must pass the Family Bill of Rights. I call on those who are also running a campaign for President to make their stand. Will you stand for justice and safety or will you wage a war against the lives of American women? Make your decision. Senators, we must act. This isn't something that we just want to happen, it's something that we NEED to happen for the future of our country and for the security of our women. Speak out, take a stand, work to pass this bill. I'm here to fight, are you? Thank you Madam Vice President, I yield.
Kuumo

P P
« Reply #141 on: December 30, 2022, 01:00:56 PM »

Gretchen Whitmer Debate Answers

https://media.cnn.com/api/v1/images/stellar/prod/221013203401-gretchen-whitmer-debate-101322.jpg?c=original

1. An Opening Statement

Thank you to MSNBC and Drexel University for hosting this debate tonight. I’m Gretchen Whitmer, governor of Michigan and mother of two. We’re at a key moment for our country. With countless issues facing us from rising healthcare costs to crumbling infrastructure to climate change, we need someone in the White House with a proven record of action. In my politically divided state, I’ve won and delivered on my campaign promises even in the toughest of times. I will work my hardest for the American people without getting caught up in political grandstanding. I’ve heard the voices of those who feel left behind, from the inner city of Detroit to the shore of Lake Superior. I’ve been able to work together with anyone willing to listen, from advocacy groups to organized labor, to businesses, to people like you. I’ll answer any questions you have for me tonight about myself and my vision for our future.

2. Raise your hand if you support the adoption of a single-payer, "Medicare for All" style healthcare system.

does not raise hand

It’s imperative that we pass a public option to help the millions of Americans who live without affordable healthcare. However, those who are satisfied with their current health insurance plans should be given the choice to stay on those plans.

3. The world is faced with the imminent threat of catastrophic climate change. This means storms, droughts, and more common freak weather events, rising sea levels, among other negative consequences. What is your plan to address this, mitigate the effects, and prevent long term damage to the planet?

As governor, I’ve worked to address the effects of climate change on my state. I’ve witnessed the effects of it firsthand, with hotter and drier summers and more severe flooding. I understand the urgency of this threat and have taken an active role in combatting it. We Michiganders are proud of our auto industry. During my time as governor, we’ve worked with Ford and other Michigan companies to reduce carbon emissions through producing more electric vehicles, improving public transportation, reducing heating costs, and phasing out coal. My Michigan Healthy Climate Plan outlines a strategy for cutting emissions in half by 2030 and reaching carbon neutrality by 2050. I would pursue similar policies on a federal level to meet the same benchmarks nationally.

4. What could we expect for the first 100 Days of your presidency?

I would lead the country as President the way I’ve served the people of Michigan as governor. Even when Republicans held the legislature, we still passed historic investments in education and infrastructure. I believe that we can make similar progress in Washington by raising the federal minimum wage, passing paid parental leave, investing in green energy, codifying Roe into federal law, and starting work on a public option for health insurance. The day-to-day job of President is difficult and far from glamorous, but my experience in Lansing as both a legislator and executive prepares me for the challenge.

5. Who is the United States's greatest geopolitical adversary?

At the moment, our greatest adversary is clearly Russia, a nuclear power that, after intervening in our country’s elections, is conducting a brutal invasion of Ukraine over its elected government’s intention to pursue closer ties with the West. Thanks to the leadership of President Zelensky and staunch international support for Ukraine, Putin’s offensive has stalled, and the Russian economy has floundered. With continued aid to Ukraine and sanctions on Russia, the Ukrainian people may finally live in peace again.

6. Is the water in Flint drinkable yet and, if not, what is your responsibility, if any?

The lead levels in the water are now below the federally mandated limit. We finished replacing the 30,000 service lines in Flint at the end of last year. In response to this crisis, I worked with the Department of Environment, Great Lakes, and Energy to develop the Michigan Clean Water Plan that invests 500 million dollars into replacing lead service lines, strengthening oversight of water supplies, and targeted infrastructure investments in underserved communities. With Attorney General Nessel, we reached a $600 million settlement for Flint families. While the contaminated water caused irreparable damage to many Flint residents, we’ve done everything we can under my administration to prevent any similar tragedies.
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #142 on: December 30, 2022, 01:12:07 PM »

Gillibrand Rebuttal to Gov. Whitmer
Accessed via Imgur

Whitmer: "It’s imperative that we pass a public option to help the millions of Americans who live without affordable healthcare. However, those who are satisfied with their current health insurance plans should be given the choice to stay on those plans."

Gillibrand: Lester-Lester, if I could just cut in here for a second. Governor Whitmer, how can you not realize the imminent danger that millions of Americans face when they get injured, have to get medicine, or have a loved one in danger? It has become a national epidemic in which people have to ration their medicine in order to live - how can you defend this? As President, I'll pass Medicare for All, get people the medicine they need, and stop the pharmaceutical companies from taking over our country. I have no times to big pharma, unlike Governor Whitmer, which is why I question her judgement on this issue. I mean, c'mon, we've got to do something. Staying the course will lead to people dying, and I for one, am not on board with that.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #143 on: December 30, 2022, 02:01:41 PM »

1. An Opening Statement

I'm a fighter. I'm a worker. I'm an American. My name is Kari Lake and I'm here to restore leadership to this country. L-E-A-D-E-R-S-H-I-P. Leadership. I jumped into this race because, frankly, this party and this country needs a leader. A fighter. And we haven't had that these past few years. You look at everything that's going on, and it's terrible. We have the worst inflation in 40, 50 years, maybe ever. We have roving gangs of criminal thugs taking over the streets. We're losing to China and Russia again. It's a disgrace and it's because we don't have a leader. None of this was happening when Trump was President, let me tell you. That's why I'm in the fight now. I'm a leader.

I look across this stage and I see two, maybe three people who are real leaders. That's not good enough. We have to fight for this country. We have to fight for it. And some of these candidates don't have the stamina for it. They don't have the heart for it. If we're gonna rescue America, if we're gonna turn this nation around, we have to fight back. I'm a fighter, and I'm gonna fight like hell for you.

My hand is up. You can see it. It's up. Up there.

You look at 2020, and there were so so many miscounts, it's horrendous. How can we trust an election when we don't know where the votes are coming from? You look at the maps, and it's like, "oh, Joe Biden just received a thousand votes from Timbuktu, wow, he's in the lead now." It confuses everyone.

We need Voter I.D. so this disaster never happens again. Everyone gets a free voter I.D. For Americans, not for illegal immigrants. That way we know that each vote is secure, because there's an I.D attached to it. No more fraud, no more illegal voting.

Trump. No question. He fixed the economy, we had no wars, we have unity like you wouldn't believe. The Party was strong, wages were going up. It was tremendous for the country.

We have to have leadership in the White House. We have to put money back in people's pockets and we have to give them a hand up. That means cutting taxes for workers. Workers. Not the rich. Not the woke. Just workers. Legal, American workers.

After that, we gotta take on the people raising the prices. The pill pushers, who are making our drugs for seniors cost so so much. The woke corporations which, by the way, have huge profits at the expense of Americans. The outsourcers who stole so many American jobs and moved them to China and India. We have to be very tough on these people. We're gonna crack down on their nonsense, and bust a lot of monopolies. They're gonna return all the jobs to our country, or we're gonna tax the hell out of them. Once we do that, inflation will vanish into thin air.

I love life. It is beautiful. Babies, they're great folks. Very cute. We have to treasure life. We have to protect life. We have to cherish life.

But we have to let people protect life. If you set a big standard, at the national level, it hurts everyone. You're basically turning the country into a police state. A big, big police state. Do we really want the ATF breaking down some woman's door in the middle of the night cause she had a miscarriage? No! No way. You look at what Joe Biden is doing with the Department of Justice, to Trump, and it's sick. We don't want regular Americans to be treated like that.

I trust Americans. Americans are smart. Americans love life. If we trust the people, if we keep local control over these issues, then life will win. Life will win.

6. You have been saying you're the rightfully elected Governor of Arizona, however Katie Hobbs sits in the Governor's chair and is recognized as such by most of your fellow candidates and Republicans. Are you the rightful Governor of Arizona, why, and do you still seek to reassert your claim?

What happened in Arizona was a tragedy. We had something like 60, 70% of polling machines go down. All at once. They broke. They died. So many people, Democrats and Republicans, were hung out to dry on election day. People waited in five hour lines to vote. And the polls closed so early that many people couldn't get to the polls. It's terrible.

I call myself Governor because I'm a leader. I'm a leader. And I don't want anyone else, Republican or Democrat, to lose an election because the machines crapped out. I don't want that to ever happen again. But I'm not here to focus on the past. The past is dead and gone. We have to focus on the future. We have to focus on the beautiful future of this country. And that means making sure every vote counts. That means having voter I.D to prevent illegal voting. It's not all about me me me, folks. It's about you. It's about America.

7. Rebuttal Period/Free Space

Our country is in deep trouble folks. We're not winning now. We're losing. We're losing. We can't let Kamala and the Democrats get four more years to ruin this country. We can't let them ship millions more jobs overseas. We can't let them allow illegal immigrants to vote. It would be terrible. It would be terrible. We need a fighter. We need a leader.

Folks, I'm ready to lead. I'm ready to fight. We're gonna take on everyone who hates this country. Everyone. I'm ready to make this country great again. Thank you.
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« Reply #144 on: December 30, 2022, 04:41:34 PM »

June 2023

Eric Adams continued his presidential campaign with a tour of the Southwest, a crucial area due to Nevada's early primary and due to its high Hispanic and Latino population, which the Mayor of New York also considers an important part of his strategy. His speech in Las Vegas was marked by strong praise for the city's many casino unions, which are a bedrock of Democratic organization in the state, including numerous allusions to the generous healthcare plans they offer to workers, something that came to prominence around the time of the 2020 primary. Back in New York, he announced renewed financial support for a deficit-plagued MTA, with details still to be evaluated based on recent performance.

July 2023

The new President of Nigeria Peter Obi, elected in February on the Labour Party ticket, went to New York City as part of this international trip to the United States after a meeting with Biden at the White House. He was welcomed by Mayor Adams and they had another meeting before Obi's address to the United Nations. Obi was reportedly impressed, saying he appreciates Adams's "energy and conviction" and that "we understood each other well on many issues".
Kuumo

P P
« Reply #145 on: December 30, 2022, 06:30:54 PM »

Rebuttal to Kirsten Gillibrand

Quote from: Gretchen Whitmer
It’s imperative that we pass a public option to help the millions of Americans who live without affordable healthcare. However, those who are satisfied with their current health insurance plans should be given the choice to stay on those plans.

Quote from: Kirsten Gillibrand
Lester-Lester, if I could just cut in here for a second. Governor Whitmer, how can you not realize the imminent danger that millions of Americans face when they get injured, have to get medicine, or have a loved one in danger? It has become a national epidemic in which people have to ration their medicine in order to live - how can you defend this? As President, I'll pass Medicare for All, get people the medicine they need, and stop the pharmaceutical companies from taking over our country. I have no times to big pharma, unlike Governor Whitmer, which is why I question her judgement on this issue. I mean, c'mon, we've got to do something. Staying the course will lead to people dying, and I for one, am not on board with that.

Senator Gillibrand is misrepresenting my position here; I believe that healthcare is a human right and that anyone who wants the benefits of Medicare should be allowed access to it. I'm also not beholden to the pharmaceutical industry. Healthcare is a personal issue to me. When my mother was dying of cancer, I fought the insurance company to cover her chemotherapy, and I've done my part in expanding access for those most in need. I remember when I first ran for governor and Senator Gillibrand publicly endorsed me over my two opponents in the primary who supported Medicare for All. But today, as she has on issues ranging from guns to immigration, she reverses her opinion of me for naked political opportunism.
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« Reply #146 on: December 30, 2022, 07:17:14 PM »

Philadelphia Democratic Debate

1. Opening Statement

Good evening Philadelphia! I am honored to be here for this debate tonight, in this great American city. As you know, I am the mayor of another great American city, New York, and I am here to be the face of the new Democratic Party, to be someone who'll fight for the American people, who'll fight for you. I am a radically tactical Democrat with experience fighting crime, working with the community, and leading a city larger than most states.

2. Raise your hand if you support the adoption of a single-payer, "Medicare for All" style healthcare system.

Eric Adams does not raise his hand

Unlike Vice President Harris and Governor Newsom, who raised their hands and then said their plan is not actually single-payer, "Medicare for All", I'll be forthright: I support affordable quality healthcare for everybody, but a single one-size-fit-all entirely government-run system is not the best way to deliver it.

3. The world is faced with the imminent threat of catastrophic climate change. What is your plan to address this, mitigate the effects, and prevent long term damage to the planet?

Climate change is of course a big threat to our future, but one we can address with practical solutions, like the Biden administration has started doing with bills like the IRA. Certainly we need to do more, because lowering pollution and emissions will help everyone, especially people of color and working people: I will crack down on polluters and their political supporters who try to block the EPA from doing its much-needed job, I will invest in efficient public transportation, I will improve our energy grids too.

A lot of things, but really I would say a classic, practically radical Democratic agenda: working on public safety, affordable universal healthcare, education and transportation, raising the minimum wage, introducing paid parental leave and sick leave for all workers, protecting our rights.

I consider myself a global leader, I have traveled extensively throughout the world, and I know there is not a single one answer to this question. We have multiple adversaries, countries like China and Iran, that keep trying to undermine us and threaten to invade some of our key allies, or Russia, which has already invaded one. And I believe we can confront all of them, without losing focus on one or the other.

Personalized Question. As Mayor of New York you've made reducing crime rates a priority with an emphasis on a strong police presence. If your philosophy of increased policing is the best strategy to bring down crime, why has crime not dropped-if anything it has gone up-during your tenure?

I entered office during the most devastating pandemic in a century, I inherited longstanding problems and faced many of my fellow Democrats' reluctance to even talk about the problem. Some far-left extremists said I was fearmongering about crime! Think about that for a moment. But it's like boiling water on a stove: when you turn the heat down it doesn't get cool again immediately.
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #147 on: December 31, 2022, 01:01:18 AM »

Gillibrand Rebuttal to Eric Adams
Accessed via Imgur

Mayor Adams: "Climate change is of course a big threat to our future, but one we can address with practical solutions, like the Biden administration has started doing with bills like the IRA. Certainly we need to do more, because lowering pollution and emissions will help everyone, especially people of color and working people: I will crack down on polluters and their political supporters who try to block the EPA from doing its much-needed job, I will invest in efficient public transportation, I will improve our energy grids too."
Gillibrand: Lester, if I can just respond to Mayor Adams really quick. Mr. Mayor, you talk a big talk about climate change and your plans to help address this issue. However, whenever you ran for Mayor of New York back in 2021, you spoke rarely about climate change. New York City is a massive producer of carbon emissions due to the large presence of big business there, our public transportation, and housing. You said nothing about it when you ran, and then when you were elected you made big, bold promises to help solve the issue but refused to fund the city's budget to address it. Promises were made, but they were not kept. People lost their jobs due to your budget, and these initiatives achieved little to no impact, if any. As President, I'll keep my promises and fight to stop climate change, just as I have in the US Senate writing actual legislation WITH funding and getting it done under Republicans and Democrats.
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -8.26, S: -6.09

« Reply #148 on: December 31, 2022, 02:28:59 AM »

Jeff Merkley Debate Answers:

1. An Opening Statement

First of all, again a thank you to MSNBC and Drexel for hosting this debate and to you Lester, Rachel, Kristen and Jose for moderating. To everyone watching at home, hello! I'm Senator Jeff Merkley from the great state of Oregon. When I was first elected to the Senate, I took down a twelve year Republican incumbent who had won in a landslide previously. No one told me it was going to be easy, in fact many thought at the beginning I had no chance, but I chose to take a stand to represent the progressive values of the people of Oregon and with a lot of hard work, we pulled it off. Ever since then, I've brought that same mentality to the senate, where I've never backed down from standing up for the working people of this country. I'm an independent leader who's fought like hell against the greed of the pharmaceutical industry, the fossil fuel industry, the gun lobby or any other corporate entity who would seek to hurt the lives of everyday working Americans. And I'm running for president because I believe we need to bring that same energy to the White House.

Raises hand.

3. The world is faced with the imminent threat of catastrophic climate change. What is your plan to address this, mitigate the effects, and prevent long term damage to the planet?

Right now we as a species face an existential threat unlike any we've ever faced before. It should be clear to everyone the devastating effect climate disasters are having on our country, I've seen it firsthand myself with terrible wildfires in my home state. The time for talk is over. We need a Green New Deal now. That means massive investment in renewable energy public works projects, a carbon tax, regulating fracking and also addressing the deep-rooted issue of environmental waste-dumping in minority communities. Together we can build a greener, better, more equitable future.

The first thing I would direct my attention to as President is forming a strategy to eliminate the filibuster in the Senate. The filibuster is a tradition of a by-gone era, it's found nowhere in the constitution and was historically a tool used to block civil rights legislations, it's time for it to go. I have great respect for President Biden, but the failure to eliminate the filibuster has kneecapped his agenda. Now, we don't know what the Senate will look like in 2025, but I can promise that I will make every effort to weaken or eliminate this form of legislative sabotage, using the connections I've made with nearly fifteen years' experience in the Senate. In addition to this, I plan to issue a number of executive orders including expanding student loan debt forgiveness and expanding the refugee cap so we can bring in more endangered people, especially our allies at risk in Afghanistan.

Currently I see that the answer has to be Russia. Putin's invasion of Ukraine is despicable beyond words and arguably constitutes the actions of a madman. In addition this atrocity, his political suppression at home is reprehensible and we have well documented evidence of his attempts to interfere in our democracy. We cannot allow this to stand and this is why I support continuing to supply Ukraine with heavy weaponry and improving our cybersecurity infrastructure to protect our nation from foreign cyber attacks. If we continue to aggressively isolate their nation, we can stop Putin's delusions of conquest right in their tracks.

Personal Question: You were the only U.S. Senator at the time to endorse Bernie Sanders in the 2016 presidential election, and you've made some lonely votes at many points in the Senate. Could you elaborate on your independent streak?

Look, I think most Americans can agree the Washington consensus is very often not what works best for working people. I've always been someone who's willing to look at any issue without a partisan lens and see what's going to best deliver for the people we're fighting for. As you mentioned, I was the only senator to endorse Berne in the 2016 election because I realized then that we needed someone who represented a shift from the status quo to defeat the Republicans. Even just a few months ago I stood with only three of my other colleagues against a bill that robbed rail workers of their right to strike even as they only demanded just seven days of paid leave. If we accept the opinion of the majority in Washington as the status quo, we doom ourselves to a politics that serves only the rich and powerful. That's exactly what I'm standing up against in this election.

Response to Whitmer-Gillibrand healthcare debate

I remember when I first ran for governor and Senator Gillibrand publicly endorsed me over my two opponents in the primary who supported Medicare for All. But today, as she has on issues ranging from guns to immigration, she reverses her opinion of me for naked political opportunism.

I-if I could just get in here for one second, I'd like to say that I appreciate that Governor Whitmer is being upfront that she opposes Medicare For All. I disagree with her every step of the way, but at least she's honestly representing her position. But when I hear people like Vice President Harris or Governor Newsom claiming they support Medicare For All while hedging on key aspects of the bill we've fought for in the Senate for years, I just wish they would be upfront about it. We need to completely overhaul the healthcare system in this country and we can't afford to offer any concessions to the very companies that have created this unaffordability crisis in the first place. In fact, I believe it was a Koch brothers study that proved our Medicare For All bill would actually save the American people trillions over a decade. I will fight every day as President for this bill, down to the letter.
Alcibiades
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -6.96

P P
« Reply #149 on: December 31, 2022, 12:29:46 PM »
« Edited: December 31, 2022, 03:51:50 PM by Alcibiades »

Matt Gaetz For President — June to September 2023

Credit: Wikimedia Commons

Fighting the Establishment

Gaetz’s main message remains that he is a dogged fighter for the movement President Trump started and still leads, if not in person, then definitely in spirit, and a crusader against the corrupt and crooked elements of the Republican Party establishment, who, Gaetz contends, conspired to bring Trump down from within, before, during and after his presidency. More broadly, Gaetz continues to pitch himself as the candidate, unlike the establishment, who is responsive to rank-and-file voters’ concerns, assailing special interests and lobbyists, and their ties to establishment Republicans. Attacks against the “deep state” and politically-motivated law enforcement, chiefly the investigation into Trump, are sure ways to raise loud applause at rallies.

To distinguish himself within the crowded Trumpist lane, Gaetz has pitched his experience as a member of Congress taking on these establishment interests from within, highlighting himself as a fighter with proven results. This is in implicit contrast to some of his rivals, especially Kari Lake, with very few, if any, political achievements to their name (Gaetz has also warned against those trying to make a quick buck by hitching themselves to the Trump train, without evidence of any real commitment to his movement), but has been careful to avoid mentioning her or any, other of the candidates fighting it out to win the MAGA faction, by name, to avoid unnecessarily raising their profile or appear desperate. However, this certainly does not apply to the more ‘mainstream’ candidates, especially Ron DeSantis, whom Gaetz has continued to assail.

This theme is encapsulated in Gaetz’s main ad campaign of the summer, airing throughout the key target regions mentioned below, in which he touts his role in bringing down Kevin McCarthy in his bid for Speaker - emblematic of Gaetz taking on the corrupt party establishment.

A Shifting Geographic Focus

Following disappointing polling, the Gaetz campaign has been quietly shifting resources out of New Hampshire, and into Iowa and surrounding Midwestern and Rust Belt states, but also into the South. While the campaign had not initially been too optimistic about the region, a number of factors have led to a changing calculus there: with his district in the Florida Panhandle, Gaetz is one of the few candidates with an indisputably Southern home constituency, and, furthermore, the region was Trump’s strongest in 2016, raising hopes for success for Gaetz’s similar brand of politics.

In keeping with his campaign theme of appealing to right-wing voters neglected by the Republican establishment, Gaetz has focused many of his campaign trail stops on ‘left-behind’ areas - economically distressed Midwestern and Southern rural small towns, ex-industrial Rust Belt cities, and the Appalachian coalfields. Many such places have traditionally had low turnout in Republican primaries, but they saw large numbers turn out to vote Republican, often for the first time, in 2016 and 2020. The Gaetz campaign hopes that they can get these ‘low-propensity’ Trumpists to turn out for him in the primary.

Young Voters

Another demographic in which the campaign has sensed an opening is Millenial and Generation Z Republicans. Whilst far from a majority, this group is still very sizeable - around 30% of Trump 2020 voters were under 40 - and is arguably the most neglected demographic in Republican primaries. Gaetz seeks to appeal to young voters based on his anti-establishment, insurgent rhetoric, presence within the right-wing social media sphere, his own status as the youngest GOP primary candidate, and his relative social libertarianism, for instance having one of the most pro-marijuana voting records of any Republican congressperson. An early sign of the success of this strategy was his endorsement by the New York City Young Republican Club, where he gave the following speech:

From listening to a lot of members of our party, I sometimes wouldn’t know that any of them actually wanted our party survive beyond the next twenty years. They cling to the same old tired, failed dogmas which belong in a bygone era, such as bloated spending on endless wars, delusions of ‘bipartisanship’ and ‘moderation’, and the disastrous War on Drugs, which is about as big government as you can get. I know that you are at the vanguard of the fight for America First policies within your generation, where tragically far too many have been infected by woke ideology and far-left ideas. I will be relentless in combatting these, by taking on the institutions - our schools and our colleges, hijacked by the Radical Left - which spread them. But when you look at how relatively few young people vote Republican, whilst it’s terrible, it’s sadly understandable. For too long our party has neglected you and your interests, and failed to listen to your voices. As President, I promise that will change.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 22  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies