What Comes After: A 2024 Game (Gameplay-PAUSED)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:09:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  What Comes After: A 2024 Game (Gameplay-PAUSED)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 22
Author Topic: What Comes After: A 2024 Game (Gameplay-PAUSED)  (Read 17966 times)
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: December 24, 2022, 11:02:20 PM »
« edited: December 24, 2022, 11:07:41 PM by CentristRepublican »

Noem attacks the other candidates for flip-flopping:

"To actually assess these career politicians, we need to look at their records, not the lies that they tell us all.

Mike Pence dropped support for his owen religious freedom bill after woke corporations turned against it. He was a loyal, steadfast supporter to Donald Trump for 5 years, but then after Trump lost, decided to stab him in the back.

Larry Hogan, well, he's spent his entire career capitulating to the Democrats - he might as well go ahead and join them!

Kari Lake has been in the mainstream media she hates so much all of her life, till just a few years back, and she supported Barack Obama and all the problems he created for this country. Now, she's against Obama, and against the job she had for more than twenty years. Kari Lake, a rising star on the right? If we supported her, we'd be making a terrible mistake. We need to at least give her a few years and see if she finds a new political party and a new ideology first - this could be Kari's latest phase, after all, and it could be no more long lasting than the times she supported John Kerry and Barack Obama. Kari Lake is still full of self-contradictions. She supports free speech, but also locking up those who disagree with her. She's a kook, and she can't win nationally anymore than she could win in Arizona.

And Ron DeSantis? Ron supports banning fracking! He supported vaccine mandates! Now, of course, he's lurched to the right. He claims he's not a career politician, but he's just like the rest of them. Used Donald Trump to win his primary, his general election, and then after a few years he turned against Trump and tried to take his job. He claims he's pro-life? Well, he has no problem making compromises with the left when it comes to the lives of unborn children!

Only I have fought the left at each turn, never compromised on my values or flip-flopped on my principles. We need somebody like that in the White House. My only special interest is the American people. I want to give you a president who will fight for you, not for their political career. I have consistently been for religious freedom, for the lives of the unborn, for the Second Amendment, for vaccine freedom, for lower taxes, and for our energy independence. The others won't attack my record, because they cannot. It's as conservative as it gets, because I do not budge or ever cave into the Radical Left."

About the allegations against DeSantis from the National Enquirer: "If you support family values, you should not support somebody who preaches an anti-grooming agenda on one side but who sleeps with underage girls on the other. We are the party against the groomers, and it appears our presidential front runner may be one of them. I'm not afraid to say that - I have been an advocate for women and will always be one. We need to seriously investigate these allegations. It will be disgraceful to nominate a possible sexual predator, a possible pedophile, for the presidency. It would be absolutely antithetical to our party's family values."
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #101 on: December 25, 2022, 04:56:43 PM »
« Edited: December 25, 2022, 06:04:06 PM by Senator Spiral »

Summer of Stone

In a characteristically self-promoting manner, Roger Stone would deem the next several months of campaigning in public appearances as "the Summer of Stone." Cocky, sure, although not without reason. Stone intended to make the summer, a crucial period for building support, as being the time when he can break away from the mid- and low-polling candidates and stand tall by the man he calls Ron DeSnaketis.

A series of major headlines would emerge from the campaign one by one. The first was the announcement that Steve Bannon would fully back Stone. Not only that, but he would agree to assume the role of campaign manager (which had been handled de facto by Stone himself up to this point). In a statement released by the campaign, Bannon said the following: "Roger Stone is the real deal. One of a kind. The OG, as some folks would deem. He knows better than anyone the rot of this corrupt establishment, silencing and imprisoning dissenters. Roger is the brilliant visionary within the global populist movement who saw the potential of Donald Trump from the beginning. When Trump entered the ring, we've all owed Roger a great deal of gratitude. I am very proud to join the Stone campaign, which will be a direct spiritual continuation of the hard work reclaiming our country that President Trump started. The Republican Party must unite around Roger Stone, our only chance, lest the globalist-annointed candidates rig the system in their favor first."

Bannon as campaign manager would still regularly host his national radio show as a double whammy to benefit the cause. He would host the best and brightest minds in MAGA nationalism to make the case for why Stone is the only candidate who can truly pinpoint and turn out the voters that got Trump elected. For the day-to-day campaign mechanics, Bannon's experience successfully managing Trump 2016 would prove vital to building a robust organization from the bottom up, paired with sky high grassroots enthusiasm. Another advantage Bannon brings to the table is his friendly relations with Republican leadership, including the Freedom Caucus. Stone would also subsequently announce his latest book: Stop the Steal: Restoring American Greatness, One Patriot at a Time. The book details Stone's broad manifesto which he would continue to elaborate upon on the campaign trail.

The Summer of Stone continues. . . .
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.68, S: -3.48

P P P
« Reply #102 on: December 26, 2022, 02:47:20 PM »

Hot Girl Summer: Gillibrand Hits Hard Across the US
All photos accessed via Imgur

The Month of Town Halls: June 2023
Throughout the month of June, Kirsten Gillibrand focused largely on town hall appearances in the states of New Hampshire, Michigan, South Carolina, and Nevada. These were often hosted by universities in the cities which she visited such as the University of Michigan at Ann Arbor, the University of South Carolina, Dartmouth College, and the University of Nevada at Las Vegas. However, some town hall events were hosted at local venues, parks, and even on the water in the case of South Carolina and Michigan. These town halls were attended by dozens, and sometimes even hundreds. The Gillibrand values this small-scale campaigning as they believe it's crucial to building a formidable ground game. They know that their poll numbers are low in most cases, but they're confident that their real show of support is much higher, especially in key states in the northeastern United States. Below is a short excerpt from one of the Senator's town hall events in Portsmouth, New Hampshire:
Audience Member: Hi Senator Gillibrand. I just wanted to start off by saying thank you. Thank you for coming to Portsmouth. We really don't get any visitors outside of election season and have yet to get any visits from any of the other candidates so it really means a lot to me and the citizens of our town that you've come here to talk to us. So, I have a 14 year old daughter who I love with everything in my heart. But, it appears that she's made a lot a few mistakes that may dictate a lot of her life. She overdosed on multiple prescription drugs that she had been prescribed for pain killers. To preface, she had a major back surgery earlier this year. The doctor prescribed us these pills and told us that they weren't addictive, but that's obviously not been the case. I'm scared, Senator. I don't know what to do. I don't want to lose my baby girl and I feel like I can't trust anyone anymore, not even my doctor. How are you going to address the drug and opioid epidemic in the United States?

Gillibrand: Wow. *Starts to tear up* Thank you for sharing that with me. Listen, I'm a mother of two wonderful boys who I love dearly, and I couldn't imagine something like that happening to any of them. But, this day in age, this is sadly becoming a more and more common occurrence in neighborhoods, even wealthy ones, throughout the United States. Kids are falling into these traps, taking drugs from people at school, or even being prescribed drugs by "trusted" adults who are supposed to be looking out for them. I've struggled a lot with family strife in my life, and have had some cousins lose their lives to overdoses, I feel your pain, and I don't want your daughter to go down that same path. This is exactly why I am running for President. For too long pharmaceutical companies have had their way with the American medical system and it's gotten extremely out of hand. People are dying. Children are dying. We've got to end it. That's exactly why as President I'm going to institute a "Medicare for All Who Want It" plan to help alleviate the financial burden that healthcare costs have on American families. Additionally, I will create a special council to investigate the foul play of pharmaceutical companies in this country, and we will hold them accountable. We will put price caps on prescription drugs that are necessary to survival like Insulin and EpiPens, and we will invest more into our education system, getting our children in the classroom rather than in the streets. We are going to get justice for you, your daughter, and everyone else in this country that has been a victim of drug abuse. I promise you that I will do everything I can to make this right.

Northeast Tour: July 2023
During the month of July, Kirsten Gillibrand embarked on a tour of the Northeastern United States. Ranging from Rochester to Bangor, her campaign bus criss-crossed the hearth of Republican Motherhood and Puritanism. She visited colleges, museums, cabins, bowling allies, and went for multiple hikes in the one-of-a-kind woods of the American north. Additionally, she once again visited her alma mater, Dartmouth College to speak at an alumni event. Everywhere she went, crowds cheered like they had never done before. The campaign bus was a big hit for a lot of people and showed them that Gillibrand was, at heart, a small town girl trying to make it big. Many of the people in these rural areas connected with her past and put their faith in her to deliver them a brighter future. She hit hard on voter registration efforts and getting people to sign up to volunteer. In the northeast, door knocking is big. After getting over 6,000 people to sign up to door knock, make phone calls, and write letters for her campaign, the team was confident in the ground game they had built. With a large absence from anyone else in the field in these small, rural areas, Gillibrand was ecstatic about her hopes. She appeared with people like Governor Kathy Hochul and Representative Paul Tonko in New York and Vermont, bringing out the Democratic big guns to help cement her as a frontrunner.

Gillibrand in the News: August 2023
In the month of August, Gillibrand took a break from her usual campaign style and opted for big crowds, big events, and big issues. Attending events such as the Planned Parenthood National Conference, Human Rights Campaign Banquet, Working Families' Party Conference, and others like it. These events held a lot of people and were attended by important figures in democratic politics, a demographic Gilibrand would like to court for endorsements and fundraising. She spoke about issues pertaining to women's rights, healthcare, the economy, and her proposed plans like the Internet Bill of Rights, Public Campaign Finance Program, and Maternal/Child Care. She announced plans for free daycare for all children with families making under $150,000 a year, gaining mass applause from the crowd. These speeches made it big in the headlines as she took the field by storm, promising to bring about drastic changes to a system she seems to be failing its people. Organizations like POLITICO, The Daily Kos, NBC, CNN, and ABC featured their own stories about Gillibrand's campaign, its advancements, and the hopeful future that the campaign has. Gillibrand was getting her name out there, and she couldn't have enjoyed it more. Everywhere she went people recognized her, asking for photos or autographs, and sharing their stories with her. She knew that she was on the on and up, and she was ready for more.

Cool for the Summer: September 2023
In the final month of summer, Gillibrand hit the states of Virginia, North Carolina, Tennessee, Arkansas, Kentucky, Indiana, and Ohio hard. Appealing to their urban and suburban populations, she made a play to pick up states during Super Tuesday. Recognizing that these states may not know her as much as others, she launched massive ad campaigns throughout them and other regions in Appalachia. TV ads displaying her accomplishments and plans for the future (especially healthcare plans) swamped the homes of families across these states. With this investment, Gillibrand was confident that she could make a play for these states and take them away from other leaders in the field. She appeared, as usual, at local events in large cities, but she also barnstormed the suburban and rural areas of these states. She connected with farmers, sharing her plans of a more equitable economy which helps those that provide the goods necessary for survival. She promised to help alleviate a lot of the stress caused by trade war, pushing for a stance on fair trade that helps lift up American farmers. She was confident that she had made a name for herself in these lesser-visited states which would hopefully propel her over the finish line. She became known in many areas as "The One Who Won't Leave us Behind" due to her frequent visits to "fly over country." People were intrigued, and she was ready to answer their calls.
John King wannabe
AshtonShabazz

« Reply #103 on: December 26, 2022, 09:08:20 PM »

For the People: The VP's VIP's

As the sun brightly shines on the new month of June, Vice President Harris is hitting the campaign trail once again in order to garner support for her campaign for the Democratic nomination for President. With the states of South Carolina and Nevada high on her list, the Vice President has decided to release her surrogates to those early states in order to expand the amount of face time other states get. The Vice President is planning to return home to California for a series of events in order to prevent the state from slipping to Governor Newsom.

Also on the Vice President's list is the states of Illinois and Texas, big delegate states where the Vice President hopes wins in these states will give her a big boost, especially on Super Tuesday. Her first visit was to Texas where before her rally she meet with former Congressman Beto O'Rourke who she knows still holds major sway with Texas Democrats to push him for an endorsement. Afterwards the Vice President would attend a rally in Fort Worth. TX speaking on the issue of criminal justice reform.

"Wassup, Fort Worth! (Laughs) It's so good to be back in the great state of Texas! A state I wanna flip next November!" (Laughs).

"It's good to be in Texas to talk about an issue so important to my heart, criminal justice reform. As many of you know, I spent most of my career as a prosecutor. I believe in the rule of law and I know that our justice system is an important part of keeping our communities safe. But I also know that too often, our justice system disproportionately impacts communities of color and those who are disadvantaged."

(Laughs) "Now, I know some of you might be thinking, "Kamala, what could you possibly have to say about criminal justice reform? You were a prosecutor!"

But let me tell you, as a former prosecutor, I saw firsthand the ways in which our criminal justice system can be flawed. And I believe that we have a responsibility to do better."

"We need to address the racial and economic disparities that exist within our criminal justice system. We need to focus on prevention and rehabilitation, rather than just punishment. We need to invest in our communities, rather than just locking people up.

(Laughs) And I know that some of you might be thinking, "Well, that all sounds good in theory, Kamala, but how do we actually make these changes?"

And I understand that question. It's not going to be easy. It's going to take time and effort. But I believe that by working together, we can make real progress. We can pass legislation that addresses these issues. We can invest in programs that provide alternatives to incarceration. We can work to change the culture of our criminal justice system so that it truly serves justice."

After the event the Vice President met with Congressman Al Green and Congresswomen Veronica Escobar and Sheila Jackson-Lee in an effort to get their support for her campaign before quickly swinging to attend the opening of a brand new campaign field office and talked to her "VP's VIPS" which is a name for her staffers given by the campaign.

The Vice President's next planned stop is California where she will attempt to halt any momentum Gavin Newsom may have in the state and show America and the Democratic party who really is in charge of California.
RGM2609
« Reply #104 on: December 27, 2022, 07:17:30 AM »

Gavin Newsom - For a Brighter Future

Following a good fundraising cycle, the Newsom campaign has decided to invest some of the revenue in an ad which will air in Georgia, South Carolina, Nevada, Michigan and New Hampshire, touting Gavin Newsom's progressive record on criminal justice. Here is its content:

"Politicians talk all the time. They flail around Washington, getting nothing done, and making outlandish promises every cycle. Promises they can't keep. But Gavin Newsom isn't like that. He ACTS.

As Governor of the nation's largest state, Gavin has proven that he has what it takes to make the progressive vision a reality. In California, he has placed a moratorium on all executions. He has closed down prisons and put an accent on rehabilitation and the reduction of recidivism. He allowed people who change their ways to clear their criminal records and move forward with their life. And most importantly, in his first year as Governor, he has signed a landmark bill placing clear limits on the police's use of deadly force.

Gavin will get this done as President, reform the broken system and make everyone feel safe in their community. Others TALK, he DOES.

Gavin Newsom - For a Brighter Future"

He will also continue his appearances in early states and in the national media, as well as attend numerous debate preparation sessions with his team, as he feels the debate is his best chance to overcome the noise and present his vision to the American people. Newsom has instructed his campaign to prepare for the campaign's first major rally, which will take place in California, specifically in San Francisco, mobilizing all of his supporters in the Party and putting in every effort to attract a large crowd. The rally will take place in the same day as Vice President Harris makes her visit to California.
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #105 on: December 27, 2022, 06:10:05 PM »

Gillibrand WaPo Op-Ed: To Keep Our Country Safe, We Need A National Cyber Academy
Accessed via Imgur

Cybersecurity is undoubtedly one of the United States’ most important lines of defense, but too many parts of the government don’t have the reinforcements they need. In one of the most serious examples of danger, Russian hackers in 2019 penetrated SolarWinds software widely used by the U.S. government, and the hack went undetected for months. Networks ranging from the departments of Energy, Treasury and Justice to the National Institutes of Health were exposed to exploitation.

Unfortunately, the government faces a severe shortage of cyber personnel needed to protect ourselves from such adversaries. As of September, more than one-third of public-sector cybersecurity jobs — more than 38,000 — were unfilled. And the tech workforce we do have is quickly aging out: By our calculations, just 7 percent of federal employees in computer science, computer engineering and information technology positions are under 30.

We need to take bold, forward-looking action to build not only a new generation of cybersecurity and technology professionals, but also a new pipeline to cyber and tech careers in government. We need to establish a Cyber Academy.

Working with colleagues on the Senate Armed Services Committee, I recently secured provisions in the National Defense Authorization Act, the annual defense budget bill, that will jump-start our work to do just that. They would create a road map for establishing, building and devising a curriculum for an institution that would staff up the federal cyber workforce and prepare the next generation of civil servants for the vital jobs of the 21st century.

The Cyber Academy we envision would be a state-of-the-art civilian counterpart to West Point, the Air Force Academy and other military academies — a government-funded university dedicated to training cyber and tech professionals for the civil service. It would make the U.S. government a vanguard in digital careers, while providing talented and civic-minded young people with a free postsecondary technological education and a way to serve their country.

Cyber Academy students would earn degrees in fields such as artificial intelligence, software engineering, cybersecurity, robotics and data science. They then would be placed for a prearranged term in corresponding roles in various federal agencies, determined according to the government’s digital and cyber needs and the students’ preferences, and informed by our national security priorities.

These graduates would have important roles beyond defense. They could help us to protect the electric grid and food supply chain, oversee policies about cryptocurrency and develop regulations for complex machinery such as driverless cars and autonomous drones — and that’s just scraping the surface.

The current tech workforce is neither large enough nor diverse enough to meet the nation’s critical needs. There are more than 600,000 open computing jobs in the United States, but just 71,000 computer science students graduated into the workforce in 2020. And the government has to compete for them with private tech giants such as Google and Amazon. The Cyber Academy’s service requirement would help address that uneven playing field and expedite the often slow-moving federal hiring process.

Recruiting for the Cyber Academy would also help us to diversify the field. The more perspectives, languages and skill sets we can bring into government, the more we can out-innovate and outperform our competitors and counter looming technological threats from China and Russia. The Cyber Academy could make this education and these careers accessible to everyone, including nontraditional students and those from underserved communities.

Without an urgent strategic investment in strengthening our federal cyber workforce, we risk ceding global leadership to our competitors and falling behind on our ability to protect and advance our national interests. As it stands, we are not fully prepared to face the challenges and seize the opportunities ahead.

Experts in science, technology and national defense agree: Former Google chief executive Eric Schmidt said last year that establishing a type of cyber academy will help to address the “vast shortage of the talent” the United States needs to keep up “in a world shaped by strategic competition.” Just last month, the Government Accountability Office published a report on the need for a “pipeline of digital staff,” specifically noting that an academy could create a dedicated pool of talent with “proficiency in both digital skills as well [as] understanding the functions of government [required] to meet agencies’ needs.”

In the short term, the steady stream of tech talent from a Cyber Academy would enable the government to address its urgent personnel deficit. In the long term, it would build up a pool of digital and cyber experts, allowing the United States to gain substantial ground in technological innovation and cement our global leadership in the digital age.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #106 on: December 28, 2022, 01:37:01 AM »
« Edited: December 28, 2022, 01:52:18 AM by Senator Spiral »

The Northeast Tour: Law and Order

As the Summer of Stone commenced, the candidate made a big venture into the Northeast which would last for two weeks. Stone, who was born and grew up in Connecticut, is actively working to cultivate his regional son status. One main objective of the trip was to fully capture the New York political machine early on, given Stone's extensive connections to the state dating back to the 1980 Reagan campaign. To this effect, Stone sat down and enthusiastically made his case to the whole of the current NY GOP congressional delegation, who broadly shares his socially moderate, Trumpist agenda (especially the freshmen). Of particular focus for big league wins: Elise Stefanik, the third-ranking member in the House close to President Trump, along with the recently retired Lee Zeldin, widely acclaimed in the party for his organizational skills in the last gubernatorial race. Stone also made time to connect with leaders representing the major public safety unions, along with local powerbrokers including John Catsimatidis, Randy Levine, and Jeffrey Yass.

While canvassing in New York City, Stone had a publicized speech outside 30 Rockefeller Plaza, home of NBC—and, naturally, prime real estate to amplify media coverage. Stone invited Stefanik, Zeldin, and former Mayor Rudy Giuliani to join his side as the candidate focused his speech on a topic of great importance: law and order.

Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the Summer of Stone here in New York City! *applause*

Always great to be back here. I must say, I'm also quite honored to be joined today by the likes of the great Congressman Zeldin, Congresswoman Stefanik, and Mayor Giuliani—representing all parts of this state. You know, I've spent many years in New York. I still consider it a second home. You have folks from all walks of life here hunkering down, doing their best to make their American Dream come true. Unfortunately, that American Dream is becoming harder and harder to come by.

Why? *points behind* Because of the enemy of the people: the fake news media like NBC, CNN, and all of their co-conspirators. What do they do? When they see these thugs pushing Asian grandmas onto incoming trains, looting our mom-and-pop shops, and carjacking anyone in sight, they blame us and encourage these thugs to keep going! After all, they're practicing their freedom of expression—violently. When someone like Lee Zeldin makes a stand for regular people and declares plain and simple that crime is a major problem, crooks like Kathy Hochul ask why crime is such a big deal to him. When real leaders like Rudy Giuliani actually cleaned up crime here in New York, they call them all racist. Well, I don't think getting beat up, mugged, or shot is dependent on skin color. Do you, Mr. Mayor? *laughter*

I see that Eric Adams has talked a big game about this. Mayor Adams, I'd recommend you actually handle the junkie shooting up around the corner and the human excrement laying bare on the street before you go off to run for President. *applause*

This will be the law and order election, and I am the law and order candidate. Make no mistake. For far too long, the American people have been subjected to disgraceful politicians and radical judges who constantly let off the worst among us. Rogue prosecutors with personal vendettas have ruthlessly gone after not only myself and President Trump, but countless others for simply speaking the truth.

All of us are gathered here today to say: no more. Enough of your crap. Do your jobs, support our men and women in law enforcement, and help keep us safe from the real threats. No matter where you come from, what you look like . . . well, maybe the blue-haired Teletubby is a lost cause. *laughter* Let's just say any sane, reasonable person agrees with this notion.

The first president I got to work for, Richard Nixon, spoke of the silent majority. I'm telling you, that silent majority will be loud and blaring in 2024. Let's send a message together that will never be forgotten! Thank you all!

Stone would later make several stops in New Jersey, holding a public courting of Jeff Van Drew and chatting with local donors. However, another main crux of the tour would be to make a large splash in New Hampshire. Law and order would continue to be a large component of the stump speeches as he spent time with voters in smaller venues, along with the continued onslaught against Ron DeSantis for his shady record (and, apparently, even personal background). Stone had strategic meetings and/or public outings with the likes of former Senator Bob Smith, Don Bolduc, Chuck Morse, and former Governor Craig Benson to make inroads with both grassroots and institutional conservatives in the state. Stone also made considerable effort to gain the backing of former Ambassador and Senator Scott Brown, one of the first major politicians to endorse Trump in 2016 and a telegenic figure who can be of great service on the campaign trail.
John King wannabe
AshtonShabazz

« Reply #107 on: December 28, 2022, 02:06:26 AM »

For the People: California Love

"That muthaf**** thinks he's slick" was how the Vice President started her weekly campaign conference call

The Vice President was talking about Governor Gavin Newsom, friend turned foe who she believes completely backstabbed their pledge to support each other's careers. The plan was simple, Kamala gets elected, Gavin gets a cabinet position and 8 years later he has the chance to become President himself. Clearly his ambition got ahead of his loyalty.

The Vice President's breaking point? Him scheduling a rival rally the same day she holds her rally in Oakland.

"He's right across the f***** bay! That is the most disrespectful thing he can do!" The Vice President snapped at her campaign staff assembled on the zoom call from the Naval Observatory

So, the campaign got to work. Getting the word out about her rally and branding it as the campaign's big west coast kick-off to blow out any possible momentum Newsom may have. The Vice President's personal @KamalaHarris account considerably promoted the event more than her own campaign kick-off with all of her major and small California surrogates booked and ready for Oakland.

As the campaign prepared for war in California the Vice President mostly stuck to her on the ground operations and campaigning in states like South Carolina, Georgia, Illinois, Michigan and Nevada. States where the campaign is confident about their chances to rack up either wins or a significant amount of delegates. The Vice President has also attempted to hone down the experience image, aiming to be seen by President Biden as often as possible and boarding Air Force Two often.

The Vice President also held her first series of townhalls in Las Vegas where she spoke on the issue of gun violence, an excerpt of the townhall was posted on the Vice President's YouTube channel;

Questioner:
"Thank you, Madam Vice President. My name is Morgan Jones, I'm a college student and I grew up in a very conservative household, and one of the arguments I often heard is that further gun control would violate the second amendment of the constitution. What do you say to people who hold that belief?"
VP Harris:
"Thank you so much Morgan, and bless your heart for staying in a conservative household and still coming to ask a Democratic Vice President a question!" (Laughs)

"But look, I believe that we can protect the Second Amendment and also take common sense steps to reduce gun violence. The Second Amendment guarantees the right to bear arms, but it also allows for reasonable regulation."

"The measures that I have outlined, such as universal background checks and red flag laws, are designed to keep firearms out of the hands of those who should not have them, while still allowing law-abiding citizens to exercise their Second Amendment rights. And let's be clear: the vast majority of gun owners are responsible and law-abiding citizens. But we have a problem in this country with gun violence, and we need to take action to address it."

Questioner #2:
"Thank you, Vice President Harris, I am a strong believer in state and local government rights, and when I hear you talk about gun control it is mostly concerning federal government power and overreach, what is your plan to bring our local communities into the fold?"
VP Harris:
"Well that's a great and a fair question, and so under a Harris administration we will work closely with state and local governments to address this issue and ensure that we are all working towards the same goal of reducing gun violence in our communities. This includes providing funding and resources to support evidence-based interventions and violence prevention programs at the local level, as well as working with states to adopt and implement common sense gun safety laws."

"It's also important that we listen to the voices and perspectives of those who are most impacted by gun violence, including communities of color and those who have lost loved ones to gun violence. We must work together to find solutions that will make a real difference in people's lives."

Finally, the Vice President held a series of debate prep sessions where she had a number of her advisors and confidantes play as her opponents on the debate stage preparing her for every possible question, line of attack and also planning out some scripted lines which will be sure to give her a large amount of applause.

Finally the day had come, outside at around 9:30 PST, the time chosen so that she could appear after Newsom so he couldn't upstage her. The Vice President bounded up the stage in Oakland, with a large crowd of over 8,000 far beyond their expectations the Vice President began her "West Coast Kick-off" although it really was a Gavin Newsom repudiation rally.

"Wassup Oakland!" (Laughs)

"Awww! It's good to be home! It's good to be home! Oakland, you will always have a special place in my heart. And to be surrounded by the vibrant and diverse community that makes this city so special. I stand before you today as a daughter of Oakland, a proud Californian, and a candidate for President of the United States!"

"Oakland is just so nice I had to announce twice!"

"But let's get down to business! I didn't come here to crack jokes all day....or to impress you with my looks" (Flips hair and laughs) "I came today to speak about the issues concerning the American people. For too long, our country has been divided and our communities have been left behind. We have seen a rise in hate crimes, a proliferation of mass shootings, and an increase in income inequality. It is time for us to come together and make real change, to build a future that is more just and more equitable for all of us."

"First and foremost, we must address the issue of healthcare. It is unacceptable that in the wealthiest country in the world, so many people are unable to afford the healthcare they need. That's why I am committed to fighting for universal healthcare, to ensure that every single person in this country has access to quality, affordable healthcare.

We must also tackle the issue of climate change. The science is clear: we have just a few short years to take drastic action to reduce our carbon emissions and prevent the worst impacts of a changing climate. As President, I will prioritize renewable energy, protect our public lands, and work with other nations to combat this global crisis."

But it's not just about policy - it's about people. We must work to ensure that every person has the opportunity to succeed, regardless of their background or circumstances. That means investing in education, creating good-paying jobs, and providing support for working families. It also means fighting for justice and equality for all, including for communities of color and for our LGBTQ+ siblings.

"Now, some people in this race would rather sneak diss, put out petty ads and statements in order to lift themselves up and tear others down. But I am more interested in getting to work for the American people! Not hiding behind an ad! Or a Twitter account, and not even a Governor's mansion! It's time to speak truth! It's time to get to work! And it's time to roll up our sleeves for the better of the American people!"

"So let's not give up! Let's not give in! Are you with me? Are you ready to fight? Then let's do this! Thank you, Oakland! May God bless you!"

The reaction was immediate.

Allies of both the Newsom and Harris campaigns began calling Harris staffers telling them the Vice President crossed a line with her rally in Oakland and that it was beneath her office as Vice President. When told the news the Vice President simply responded;

"So?"
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -8.26, S: -6.09

« Reply #108 on: December 28, 2022, 02:31:27 AM »

JEFF MERKLEY 2024

Wikimedia Commons

Summer of Progress

While he had succeeded in putting his name out there and building the groundwork of a progressive support base, Senator Merkley knew he was still an extreme long shot for the nomination. He had to continue to define himself and break out from the image of another boring old white man backbencher who thinks he deserves to be president. The clearest example of success for this was of course, Bernie Sanders. Merkley began eschewing rhetoric closer and closer to the Vermont Senator.

He continued to focus heavily on Nevada. The state's proximity with his base of operations in Oregon allowed for ease of travel, and his strategy revolved around uniting the several different demographics that made up the coalition, giving Bernie his landslide win in the caucus in 2020. His dual appeal to unions and students was relentless, constantly emphasizing his unwavering support for the right to strike, his persistence in fighting back against Trump's inhumane border policies and his close ties to Bernie Sanders. However, he decided with his advisors that he had to unite these ideas under one vision which would truly generate enthusiasm akin to the Sanders campaigns. At an event at the University of Nevada in Reno, he elaborated on his ideals and vision for the country.

Excerpt from Speech:
What does it mean to be a progressive? Practically every member of our party ascribes the title to themselves in some way today. And of course, practically every one of those members will do whatever they can to stand in the way of the vicious, reactionary, anti-democratic assault on the working people of this country by the Republican Party, as they should. Right now the Democratic Party is the only thing that stands between that agenda and our country.

Bu it's not enough to simply say as politicians that's what we're not. If we constantly define ourselves as the opposition to whatever backwards political ideas we're up against, we leave out the room to build back what we're protecting. We have a healthcare system that only serves the executives which control it, we face a climate crisis that poses an existential threat to our planet, wealth inequality continues to soar, mass incarceration and police violence continues to menace minority communities. When we take this all into account we can see that simply existing to stop the right-wing agenda isn't enough to repair the deep structural inequalities in our country.

So let me be clear right now. If you support tackling this issues, if you want to make America a better place for the 99%, you can call yourself a progressive. But do not attempt to take up that mantle if you craft policy with healthcare executives. Do not take up that mantle if you do not believe there are deep structural issues at the core of our criminal justice system. Do not take up that mantle if you do not believe every single human being has the right to a roof to live under. Being a progressive shouldn't be a title you claim, it should be a title you earn. And that's what I hope to do for you in this campaign.

After his speech, Merkley's campaign began branding his efforts in the summer as the "Summer of Progress", hoping to box himself in as the clear choice for Democratic voters identifying themselves as progressives. By calling into question other candidate's progressive credentials, albeit indirectly, Merkley also hopes to garner media attention and insert himself to the front of the policy conversation during the primary.

The Western Strategy

With the withdrawal of Governor Polis, Senator Merkley was left as the lone non-Californian western candidate in the Democratic field. His campaign hoped to seize on this fact by beginning to expand the campaign infrastructure outside of the early states of Nevada and New Hampshire. While those two were by far the most important for the Senator's chances, he could not afford to perhaps have a strong performance in those states and then immediately be met by unfamiliar ground.

He began by touring several of the smaller western states with primaries scheduled for Super Tuesday or the week after. The included Utah, Washington, Colorado, Idaho and North Dakota. He focused primarily on hitting the larger metros in these areas, with occasional visits to rural events in an attempt to gain an early foothold in these regions. In many of the larger cities, particularly Denver, SLC and Seattle, he met with local housing advocacy groups and discussed the crisis of rising prices.

The relative lack of discussion on housing by other candidates was seen as an opening for the Senator. He frequently discussed how it has affected his home city of Portland and how he will act aggressively as President to combat it. He repeatedly emphasized his Federal Housing Plan,  which would provide hundreds billions for construction and renovation of units to tackle rising costs, homelessness and displacement from climate disasters.

A key component of his strategy would also be courting the Native American vote. In many of these western states, their support could be critical in the primaries. After winning her endorsement, Merkley offered Paulette Jordan a place as a nation co-chair to his campaign. In his barnstorming efforts, the Senator met with Native groups as often as possible and listened to their concerns. He promised to take action as President to provide justice to the thousands of missing and murdered Indigenous women and emphasized his record as Senator, in which he had delivered millions in compensation to state tribes for past injustices.

Broadening the Appeal

While many who knew him and his record has respect for the Senator, this was a small fraction of Bernie's support base. Part of his appeal came from his popularity through the internet. While Jeff Merkley could never hope to make himself an icon in the same way Bernie was, he could attempt to take advantage of the numerous new ways of campaigning that have emerged through the web.

In addition to his regular media appearances, Senator Merkley began appearing with online content creators. He appeared on livestreams on The David Pakman Show and The Majority Report with Sam Seder. His campaign's social media managers were also directed to take a conversational tone with large accounts that posed questions or constructive comments to their posts. The Senator made sure to have his people vet any content creators he appeared with, for risk of tying himself unwittingly to past controversial statements. These steps to maintain an online presence could come across as cringeworthy by some, but if successful it would be well worth it to tap into this base os support.

Merkley also continued to court more endorsements from his colleagues in the meantime. With the withdrawal of Polis, he began to meet with Senator Michael Bennet for a potential endorsement. In his meetings he talked up his plans for education, including a teacher's bill of rights to be implemented through the Department of Education, protecting educators from attack or retaliation by conservative advocacy groups. Senator Merkley also focused on growing his New England support, to help gain the support he needs for an upset in New Hampshire. He continued to meet with Senator Warren, imploring her to at least keep her options open as well as consider the similarities in his policy proposals to those in her 2020 campaign, including a wealth tax, Medicare for All, a federal housing plan, among others. He also met with Freshmen Senator Peter Welch of Vermont, emphasizing their shared progressive values and hoping his support would help steer Bernieworld further in his direction.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #109 on: December 28, 2022, 02:54:21 AM »

Vice President Pence spent the summer rotating through the early states. While he no longer expects to win the nomination, his goal is to do as much damage to the Trump wing of the Party as possible before his inevitable exit, and campaign rallies and speeches took the tone of pure seething hatred against Trump wing.

Basically, if Pence was going down, he would take the Trumpists with him.

When not on the campaign trail, Pence spent time preparing for the debate, and fundraising, hoping to have ads on the air by the fall.

Among the attack lines used by the campaign are continued calls for the arrest of Stone, Lindell, Lake and Gaetz, and attacking DeSantis as a pedophile for his alleged affair with a sixteen year old.
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #110 on: December 28, 2022, 02:54:57 AM »

Gillibrand Unveils Massive Plan for Reforms: Family Bill of Rights
She's Got a Plan for That!
All images accessed via Imgur

We must ease the financial burden on families and help level the playing field for children, no matter who they are or where they live
America can’t succeed unless families do. And our government only works if it works for families — not special interests, corporations, or the very wealthy. But right now, too many families are struggling to make ends meet, and too many children are being held back before they even get to kindergarten.

The resources and care available at the start of a child’s life have a crucial impact on their health, safety, development, and future success — but not every child starts on equal footing. Families and kids face huge disparities in opportunity and resources depending on their income and zip code, and the gap is wider for families of color. That isn’t fair, and it isn’t acceptable.

We need to level the playing field in the first, critical years of a child’s life, and ease the enormous financial burdens that families face when they raise a child.

So today I’m announcing my new economic policy platform, which I would enact in my first 100 days as president: the Family Bill of Rights. It guarantees a set of fundamental rights to give every child the chance to succeed — no matter what block they grow up on.

The Family Bill of Rights would make it easier for everyone to start a family — regardless of your income, race, or gender — and ensure that every child can reach their full potential. We’ll pay for it with a financial transaction tax, which would raise over $777 billion in the next decade.

1. The right to a safe and healthy pregnancy
The U.S. has the highest rate of pregnancy-related deaths in the industrialized world, and black women are 3–4 times more likely to die during or after childbirth than white women. These are largely preventable deaths — they’re generally caused by a lack of supplies, insufficient training, and the institutional racism and bias that put women of color at risk. I’ll make sure states and hospitals are equipped to prevent and respond to pregnancy complications.

And I’ll address the severe shortage of OB-GYNs in rural areas to make it safer to have a child no matter where you live. My plan will be modeled off of former Sen. Heidi Heitkamp’s legislation to study maternal health data from rural communities, develop better training for rural health facilities, and fix the shortage by making it easier and cheaper to train new OB-GYNs.

2. The right to give birth or adopt a child, regardless of income or sexual orientation
Depending on your sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, or income level, conceiving or adopting a child can be hard or out of reach altogether. But having or adopting a child should be a fundamental right if a parent wants one — and there are more than 400,000 children in the foster care system with over 120,000 waiting for a permanent family. If there are families ready and willing to bring a child in need into a loving home, no barrier — whether it’s cost or discrimination — should stand in their way.

I would ensure that taxpayer-funded adoption and child welfare agencies can’t discriminate against foster or adoptive families, whatever their gender or sexual orientation. And I would provide a tax credit to ensure that a family’s ability to adopt and provide a stable home for a child isn’t dependent on their wealth.

Many families, including LGBTQ couples, can’t conceive a baby independently, and fertility treatments are expensive and often out of reach. These services should be accessible and affordable for any family that needs them, so I would also require insurance companies to cover treatments like IVF.

3. The right to a safe and affordable nursery
The costs of raising and safely caring for a newborn can be daunting, and too many families simply can’t afford it. I will launch a new program to provide “baby bundles” for new parents so that all new families, regardless of income, can start off on the right foot with the supplies they need. These bundles will be filled with the most important items for a child’s first month at home, like diapers, swaddle blankets, and onesies, all in a box with a small mattress that can be repurposed as a nursery bed.

Finland has dramatically lowered its rates of infant mortality as a result of its baby bundle program. And here at home, Ohio, Alabama, New Jersey, and Texas all offer a version of the program for new families.

4. The right to personally care for your loved ones while still getting paid, including care for your child in its infancy
Too many people face the impossible choice between earning a paycheck or caring for their family members who need them, whether it’s a newborn baby or an aging parent. It’s past time we create a national paid family and medical leave insurance program, so that everyone can take the time they need to be with their loved ones without having to worry about how they’ll pay the bills.

And I would ensure that every child has the right to health care, by making the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) universal. I would automatically enroll every child in CHIP at birth — with an option for opting out — and give them access to Medicaid’s Early and Periodic Screening, Diagnostic, and Treatment (EPSDT), a comprehensive benefit program that is the best health coverage available for children.

5. The right to affordable child care and early education before kindergarten is available publicly
The first three years of a child’s life are the most crucial for cognitive development, directly informing educational success as they grow up. One of the biggest indicators of that development is the words a child learns by age three — and there is a 30 million word gap between low-income children and children from wealthy families. This is an injustice we can’t accept for any of our kids.

Every child deserves the same opportunities to learn, grow and reach their potential — which is why I would enact universal pre-K and expand the Child and Dependent Care tax credit so that families can afford safe, high-quality child care. My plan would also professionalize at-home and day care, expand access to early education for children with disabilities, and support child care workers.
Why I Fight:
I’m committed to enacting the Family Bill of Rights in my first 100 days as president because at its core, this is an economic issue.

I meet people every day on the campaign trail who tell me their number one concern is how to make ends meet for their family and give their children the best future they can. And I’ve talked to young people who would love to have a family, but they have no idea how they’ll make it work. We should make it easier to raise a family in America, and fighting for families should be the number one concern of the president of the United States, too.

For too long, crucial issues that inform the well-being of whole families and communities — from paid leave to child care to maternal health care — have been dismissed as secondary issues or “women’s issues.” I’ve spent my career fighting for those issues as what they are: front-and-center determinants of our whole country’s economic security, opportunity, and success.

This proposal will help combat some of the most fundamental and persistent inequities facing families in America. It will help tackle the quiet crisis of black maternal mortality so black women aren’t needlessly dying in childbirth. It will guarantee paid family leave for all, including the women of color who make up two-thirds of minimum wage workers in the U.S., many of whom can’t afford to take time off to care for newborn babies or sick children. And it will ensure every child has access to pre-K, so that no one enters kindergarten already behind. The plan doesn’t solve every problem, but makes major strides to level the playing field for every child.

I’m running for president because I want to fight for everyone’s families like I fight for my own, and that’s what this plan is about. Every family in America should be guaranteed these basic, fundamental rights to ensure their children’s health, opportunity, and futures.
RGM2609
« Reply #111 on: December 28, 2022, 04:31:34 AM »

Excerpt of Gavin Newsom's speech at San Francisco rally

"Hello, San Francisco!

I am so happy to be in the city where I was born and which I had the great honor to lead! Thank you for coming in such great number!

I am here to tell you that America's great challenges won't await the perfect candidate to appear and solve them! I am here to tell you that in order to build thd brighter future we all want we need to get involved together!

If we want to tackle the global crisis of climate change, we must do it together! If we want to build an economy that works for everyone we must do it together! If we want affordable health care we must do it together! And as many voices as can get involved, the better!

Look, I know that certain candidates don't expect that. They expect a crown to be laid upon their head. But Democrats deserve better than that! They deserve their candidates to actually meet them, talk with them, convince them. Instead of a coronation, the primaries should be a test, so we don't end up in the General Election with someone who can't possibly win! That is what I'm planning to do in the following months!

I won't expect a crown, I will work to earn your trust. And I will continue to bring my voice to the table, and I encourage you to do just the same!

Thank you!"
RGM2609
« Reply #112 on: December 28, 2022, 06:34:17 AM »

Gavin Newsom - For a Brighter Future

While his speech at his rally in San Francisco did contain some jabs at the presumed coronation, it also was used by Governor Newsom to announce his housing plan. It was framed by Newsom as an issue of economic security as well as of basic human right for every American to be able to afford a roof above their head. After highlighting the housing package he signed in California, saying that he is a politician who acts and is not afraid to tackle the big problems, he then went into detail presenting a bold nationwide housing plan, which among other things, proposes:

1. Begin a Sustainable Communities Initiative to improve regional planning and the use of land
2. The expansion of the Affordable Housing Tax Credit
3. Work to allow more housing to be built near transit lines
4. Tie federal housing development funds to the local government's efforts to improve housing affordability
5. Expand the National Housing Trust Fund
6. No additional restrictions for borrowers seeking a federal loan for housing

Newsom promises that he will propose legislation accomplishing all of this and more during his first 100 days in office, and once again underlined his record of tackling major issues head-on instead of passing them on to his successors.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #113 on: December 28, 2022, 11:50:16 AM »
« Edited: December 28, 2022, 11:55:45 AM by KaiserDave »

Debate Rules and Regulations

Welcome to the first debate of What Comes After. Debates in this game will be important in delineating differences between candidates, and forcing you to take tough positions. It will give you a chance to attack your opponents, and show why you're the best candidate. This opens up potential endorsements and other sources of support. Debates will be judged on the cohesiveness of your answers (not, cohesiveness is not grammar, people don't always speak in good grammar, but I will expect your remarks to be readable obviously), and rhetorical skill. There will be a host of different kind of questions. You are also invited (optional) to post another written statement, rebutting the views of others or attacking other candidates. Answers should be of reasonable lengths. Do not get into back and forths. Make your debate post and be done with it you will not be rewarded for going back and forth I don't need that. Not four sentences, and also not two paragraphs. Responses are due at the end of turn (NOT midturn).

Miami Republican Debate

Neil Cavuto: Welcome to the Republican Presidential Debate here in the James L. Knight Center in Miami, Florida. I'm Neil Cavuto of Fox News, I'm joined by FOX family members Maria Bartiromo and Ainsley Earhardt. There will be also be a post-debate panel of Tucker Carlson and Former Congresswoman Tulsi Gabbard to discuss the debate's events. Today we're moderating the first Republican debate for President of the United States. We'd like to thank the venue, the city of Miami, and Mayor Suarez, who is in the audience today. Let's begin.

1. An Opening Statement

2. Raise your hand if you believe that Donald J. Trump is the rightful winner of the 2020 Presidential Election (Say if you raised your hand and if you like, write one or two sentences)

3. Who is your favorite Republican President in your lifetime? (Keep your answer concise, 2-4 sentences)

4. The United States has an out of control inflation problem. The cost of housing, food, energy, and gasoline is spiraling, what will you do to control inflation and bring down costs for working Americans?

5. Will you support a national abortion ban? Would it be after 15 weeks of pregnancy? 10 weeks? 6? Or would you prohibit all elective abortions?

Personalized Questions:
To Governor DeSantis: You've promised to make America look more like right here in Florida with lower taxes and more freedom, how do you plan to make that happen as President?
To Governor Noem: Governor, you vetoed a bill to restrict Trans Women from participating in Women's Sports, defying the wishes of many conservatives. Why?
To Senator Hawley: Senator, you've said that "Washington Republicanism" failed in the 2022 midterms and you've disagreed with many Republicans on economic issues. You've worked with self-described democratic socialist Senator Sanders on stimulus checks, and you supported a recent rail workers strike. Sounds like socialism to some. What is your view of economic leadership?
To Governor Hogan: Governor, instead of voting for Donald J. Trump in 2020, the overwhelming choice of conservatives and Republicans, you wrote in Ronald Reagan for President. Why? Do you think Donald Trump was a good President?
To Governor Youngkin: Governor, you have been Governor Virginia, for only 1 and a half years as of today, why are you qualified to be chief executive?
To Ambassador Haley: Ambassador, do you believe that Donald Trump was at-all responsible for the events of January 6th, and was it an illegal event?
To Vice President Pence: Vice President you called for some of your fellow candidates to be executed, this comment was widely criticized as wildly deranged by conservatives. Would you like to apologize?
To Representative Amash: Congressman you are easily the most Trump-skeptical candidate here, you essentially called him a criminal and voted to impeach him twice. How can you gain the trust of conservatives?
To Mr. Stone: Mr. Stone you've run thus far, what many are describing as a "no holds barred" guerrilla campaign. You also have a conviction record. Some have said you're just too crazy to be President. Do you have the dignity and the personality to be a sober President?
To Ms. Lake: You have been saying you're the rightfully elected Governor of Arizona, however Katie Hobbs sits in the Governor's chair and is recognized as such by most of your fellow candidates and Republicans. Are you the rightful Governor of Arizona, why, and do you still seek to reassert your claim?
To Representative Gaetz: Congressman you were subhject to a sex trafficking investigation, and while you are unlikely to be charged, this in conjunction with other allegations over your personal conduct has raised concerns over your fitness to serve. Are you fit?
To Mr. Lindell: Mr. Lindell you claimed that Governor DeSantis's landslide re-election victory here in Florida was colored by irregularities. Can you elaborate on this claim?

6. Rebuttal Period/Free Space

Philadelphia Democratic Debate

Lester Holt: Welcome to the NBC/MSNBC Democratic Presidential debate. We're joined at Drexel University by all of our Democratic candidates for president, and an audience including Senators John Fetterman, Bob Casey, and former Governor Ed Rendell. I'm Lester Holt, I'll be moderating tonights debate alongside Rachel Maddow, Kristen Welker, and José Díaz-Balart. I'd like to thank the city of Philadelphia, and Drexel for hosting tonight.

1. An Opening Statement

2. Raise your hand if you support the adoption of a single-payer, "Medicare for All" style healthcare system. (Say if you raised your hand and if you like, write one or two sentences)

3. The world is faced with the imminent threat of catastrophic climate change. This means storms, droughts, and more common freak weather events, rising sea levels, among other negative consequences. What is your plan to address this, mitigate the effects, and prevent long term damage to the planet?

4. What could we expect for the first 100 Days of your presidency?

5. Who is the United States's greatest geopolitical adversary?

Personalized Questions:
To Vice President Harris: As Attorney General of California, you've been accused of "weaponizing technicalities to keep wrongfully convicted people behind bars rather than allow them new trials" and you argued against early releases and de-crowding California prisons. Can Democrats trust you to enact a criminal justice agenda that will be fair to all Americans?
To Vice President Gore: You passed on presidential candidacies in 2004, 2008, 2016, and 2020 when there was a great deal more speculation on you throwing your hat into the ring. Now at the age of 75 you've finally decided to give it another go. Why run now? Why is this year different?
To Secretary Buttigieg: African Americans are a core constituency for the Democratic Party, if you're the nominee you'll need strong turnout from African-Americans to win, but you've often struggled to get support from this community. What are you doing differently this time?
To Governor Whitmer: Is the water in Flint drinkable yet and, if not, what is your responsibility, if any?
To Governor Newsom: Governor, with another Californian in the race, especially the sitting Vice President, some are questioning why you've chosen to run. Why would you be the best President of anyone here?
To Representative Khanna: In October 2021 you criticized oil executives for increasing production. In March of 2022 you criticized oil executives for not increasing production enough. Which is it?
To Governor Pritzker: You're a billionaire, you've got over 3 billion dollars to your name, maybe more. So, do you pay appropriate income tax, and as President are you prepared to raise your own taxes?
To Senator Merkley: You were the only U.S. Senator at the time to endorse Bernie Sanders in the 2016 presidential election, and you've made some lonely votes at many points in the Senate. Could you elaborate on your independent streak?
To Senator Gillibrand: You recently penned a Washington Post Op-Ed on the importance of cybersecurity in national defense. What would your national security strategy look like?
To Mayor Adams: As Mayor of New York you've made reducing crime rates a priority with an emphasis on a strong police presence. If your philosophy of increased policing is the best strategy to bring down crime, why has crime not dropped-if anything it has gone up-during your tenure?

6. Rebuttal Period/Free Space
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #114 on: December 28, 2022, 04:28:39 PM »

Nikki Haley: Red Hot Summer
For most of June, the Haley campaign focuses on building up her primary support in her home state of South Carolina, with a particular focus on fundraising.  Beginning the first week of July, Haley will begin a series of tours of early primary and caucus states, primarily Iowa and Nevada.  In Nevada, Haley will particularly work at outreach to Hispanics and Latinos, touting her "American success story" as a child of legal immigrants and her stance against critical race theory in schools.  This tour will include traditional rallies and fundraisers as well as town halls.  Throughout August and September, Haley undertakes an extensive series of town halls across New Hampshire, hoping that strong showings there and in South Carolina would give her greater momentum toward winning the nomination.  Throughout this period, Haley also holds fundraisers in various parts of the country.  Haley will also run TV ads in all four states emphasizing her life story, achievements, and policy priorities if elected.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #115 on: December 28, 2022, 04:56:19 PM »

Miami Republican Debate
1. An Opening Statement
For too long, our politicians on both sides of the aisle have played a game of divide and conquer.  Stir up your base, make the other side's base angry, and ignore everyone else.  But I want to bring Americans together.  As the daughter of legal Indian immigrants, I was taught that anything is possible in this country, and I've seen it firsthand in my own life.  I was the first female governor and the first governor of color in a state that was the first to secede after Abraham Lincoln's election.
I served in the Trump administration as UN Ambassador where I stood up for America and our allies against those who would see freedom snuffed out.  I'm running for president because I want to continue in that conservative policy agenda and bring our country together again.

2. Raise your hand if you believe that Donald J. Trump is the rightful winner of the 2020 Presidential Election (Say if you raised your hand and if you like, write one or two sentences)
I did not raise my hand because while I was proud to serve President Trump for four years as UN Ambassador, we need to be focused as a party on the future and not relitigating the past.  Even if the 2020 election was fraudulent, it is long over and Donald Trump is not going to be reinstated as president, whether you like that fact or not.

3. Who is your favorite Republican President in your lifetime? (Keep your answer concise, 2-4 sentences)
My favorite Republican president in my lifetime is Ronald Reagan because he understood the things that America needed when he was in office.  He came into office with sky-high inflation and a looming Soviet threat, and when he left office inflation was minimized for the better part of four decades and the Iron Curtain was on the brink of collapse.  It's that kind of conservative agenda of cutting taxes and standing up to our enemies that I want to replicate as president.

4. The United States has an out of control inflation problem. The cost of housing, food, energy, and gasoline is spiraling, what will you do to control inflation and bring down costs for working Americans?
The first thing I want to do to reduce the cost of living is to cut taxes for all income levels.
 Government taxes too much, spends too much, and puts that money in all the wrong places. I believe that you know how to spend your hard-earned money better than the government does.  Second, I would stop the reckless, irresponsible blank checks that the Biden Administration gave during the pandemic that disincentivized work and led to the supply chain issues that helped create this inflation.  Third, I would reopen our country to offshore drilling.  President Biden kowtowed to his radical environmentalist supporters by cutting off permits for oil pipelines and offshore oil rigs.  I will reopen and reissue those permits and increase the fines for accidents.  I will make America energy-independent again, and I will make sure that Americans can once again afford the necessities of life.

5. Will you support a national abortion ban? Would it be after 15 weeks of pregnancy? 10 weeks? 6? Or would you prohibit all elective abortions?
Ideally, I would support a national ban on all elective abortions, but the voters in the midterm elections made clear that they are not yet willing to support this.  I think we need to take a gradual approach.  At this time, I support a national ban after 15 weeks, but I also will not interfere with states that have more permissive laws.

Ambassador, do you believe that Donald Trump was at-all responsible for the events of January 6th, and was it an illegal event?
The January 6th storming of the Capitol was absolutely illegal, no matter how you slice it.  In America, we debate and our discussions civilly; we do not resort to violence and rioting, and I find it ironic that so many of my opponents who claim to believe in law and order are endorsing or condoning the violence that occurred at the Capitol that day.  As for whether or not Trump was at all responsible, I believe that is an issue to be decided in the federal courts.  Let the judicial process play out, and if the President is tried, then let the jury reach their own verdict.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #116 on: December 28, 2022, 05:41:11 PM »

Mike Pence debate answers

Opening Statement:

We stand at a crossroads between those who want to move on as party, and those who are too busy genuflecting to Donald Trump. We need to pick the former and reject the latter.

1. I will never raise my hand to a question like that. Trump literally tried to have me killed in a temper tantrum, why would I support him and say he won?

2. I don't have a favorite Republican President. Every one of them, except for Trump, did what they felt was right for the country, and I admire that.

3. There's a saying about the President. He can't control the economy, but he gets blamed when things go wrong related to it. That's basically the inflation crisis in a nutshell, there isn't much I, or any other President can do, and anything I try likely would make things worse.

4. Not only would I support a national abortion ban with no exceptions being passed today, as President, I would declare martial law in any state with legal abortions for the sole purpose of preventing abortions.

5. I probably should have made it more clear those comments were my opinion, but I'm not going to apologize for having opinions, especially about people who tried to have me killed.

What I am going to do, is announce that as of the conclusion of this debate, I will suspend my campaign for the Presidency. It's clear to me that Republican Primary voters are more interested in electing literal traitors then they are in decent people.
YPestis25

Political Matrix
E: -4.65, S: -6.09

« Reply #117 on: December 28, 2022, 07:03:43 PM »
« Edited: December 28, 2022, 07:08:56 PM by YPestis25 »

Gore Announcement
Nashville, Tennessee

Source: SouthernEnviornment.Org

Al Gore walks on the stage in front of Nashville City Hall joined by Former Representative Jim Cooper, Representative Steve Cohen, and Nashville Mayor John Cooper.

Thank you Nashville! I am thrilled and honored by your support today. I, and I’m sure you, never thought you would see me on a political stage again.

*audience laughs*

But I am here today to announce my candidacy for the Presidency of the United States!

*audience cheers*

We have seen tremendous progress accomplished in the past four years, by a former Vice President no less. We have made strides in eliminating poverty, leaps in combating climate change, and have restored America’s prestige abroad and Americans’ faith in their government at home. I pledge to you today that I will protect the progress that we have made.

To be clear, we must do more than protect our new found gains. The Supreme Court is running amok, trampling the will of the voters. Many across the country are still engaged in a tenacious attack on our democratic way of life. Too many people, men, women, and children, are trapped in a cycle of poverty and neglect. As President I will strive to the utmost to address these old and new challenges facing us.

I was 23 years old when John F. Kennedy called Americans to action - to ask us, all of us, what we could do for our country. What I can do today to answer that call is to offer my services again to you and to the country as a candidate for the highest office. This election is too important for me to do otherwise. I remember well, all too well, what happens when years of progress are jeopardized by an election gone awry. We cannot afford that happening this year.

I have the experience of dealing with Republican tricks.
I have the know-how of running a national campaign.
I have the ability to keep the White House in Democratic hands and to retake the House next fall.

Your choice for President is yours alone and will have profound implications for our and your future. We cannot afford even the risk of 4 more years of Republican control.

I hope that you will place your trust in me next year to be the next leader of the free world.

Thank you Nashville!
RGM2609
« Reply #118 on: December 28, 2022, 08:18:27 PM »
« Edited: January 01, 2023, 08:34:52 AM by RGM2609 »

Gavin Newsom - Debate answers

Opening statement

"These are crucial moments in the history of our country. It is the moment in which we can affirm with crystal clear clarity what we want to be. Do we want to be a country which takes care of its every citizen, or one which abandons them to their fates? Do we want to be a country which takes up on the challenges facing the modern world with the great American optimism, or one which will run away scared from them, a country which will pretend climate change doesn't exist and will instead fight made-up ghouls? Do we want to be a country which stands together with the Free World, or one which looks up to dictators? A country which respects a woman's right to choose, or one which will send in the Army to prevent abortions, as one candidate grimly promised? A country ready to face the future, or one scared to move forward? Us, Democrats, know our choice. I am standing on this stage tonight because I know I am ready to fight to unite our party around our common vision and soundly defeat whatever book-burning conspiracy theorist the Republicans put forward. And I hope for you to join me as we begin our great next American journey."

Question 1
"I raised my hand because my goal is to provide affordable healthcare to all Americans and put the accent in the system on actual health rather than how can insurance companies make more money, and a single-payer system is the best way to ensure that. Now, that doesn't mean I endorse the specific Medicare-For-All bill, I will release my own plan soon,but I believe that we must not make the mistake we made in 2020. Healthcare is not an issue to divide Democrats, it is an issue to unite Democrats, who all want to reform the broken system, unlike the GOP, which would rather fight for the interest of insurance companies than the people they claim to represent."

Question 2
"The issue of climate change is truly the most important one facing our planet. It is of vital importance to combat this crisis now, or face dire consequences. Whenever I see the wildfires we have to battle in California each year I shudder to think this is the world in which our children and grandchildren might find themselves in, in which floods, wildfires and hurricanes are just regular events. A world of fear. As Governor of California, I led efforts to take decisive action. In my state, we are forging a green future, and our commitment to fighting global warming has been called one of the most ambitious in the world. As President, I will take this mentality nationwide. My first priority will be to declare climate change a national emergency, and require Governmental institutions to treat it as such. I will end federal subsidies for Big Oil and begin a no-tolerance policy to polluters, greatly bolstering the EPA budget to make it more effective in enforcing environmental regulations. We will achieve a Green Transformation of our economy through the modernization of our transportation, energy and water infrastructure, through the transition to electric cars, through expanding and eventually making universal the usage of renewable energy sources, through investing in innovations for a carbon-free future. If I'm elected President, there will be no bigger priority for the United States government than saving our planet. None."

Question 3 -
"In my first 100 days, you can expect to see a President who wasted no time out of the 1461 one has in the office and already started the long work ahead of him carrying forward his promises to the American people. On my first day, I will declare the climate crisis a national emergency and issue Executive Orders meant to tackle pollution and focus the US Government's resources on dealing with this threat. I will also introduce a legislative package meant to accomplish the Green Transformation we desperately need. I will also fight in what will hopefully be a Democratic Senate to once and for all get rid of the filibuster which will allow us to do what the American people expect us to do: pass a comprehensive health care plan to lower costs and ensure everyone has quality care, increase the minimum wage to 15 dollars an hour, establish universal background checks and an assault weapons ban, establish a path to citizenship for immigrants. These are just some of the priorities I seek to accomplish within my 1461 days as President."

Question 4 -
"I believe that the answer is clearly Russia. No state has been more aggressive in its attempts to destabilize world peace and been a greater threat to our allies in Europe. I fully support the actions of the Biden Administration and of NATO which have been decisive in helping the brave Ukrainian people in resisting the deranged Russian attack. As President, I will seek to continue our aid efforts and even increase them as possible, should the war still be ongoing at that point, and hopefully the Ukrainians will regain their peace and their homeland as soon as possible. Sadly, many Republicans feel differently. Following the lead of the disgraced former President, many have been vague on the war or even outright supportive of the Russians. It is imperative to keep them out of the White House or the consequences for our country and the world might be devastating."

Question 5 -
"I am running because the American people deserve to hear all of the voices willing to fight for the progressive future we are all envisioning. I believe Democrats want a fair fight rather than a coronation, in which we will have to earn their votes. And I think that, while I respect everyone on this stage, I have an unique record of progressive accomplishment in California which is uniquely adapted to the challenges of our time. But look, I do respect Kamala as an accomplished public servant. I did consider staying out of the race and supporting her. But I couldn't. I couldn't because of Daniel Larsen. In 1999, Daniel was convicted of possession of a concealed weapon after two police officers testified they saw him toss a knife under a nearby car in the parking lot of a bar. Despite there being witnesses able to testify to the contrary, nobody called them in, thus Daniel was convicted to 27-years-to-life in prison. After more than a decade, it was finally revealed that he was wrongfully convicted. However, then-Attorney General Kamala Harris appealed the decision, arguing that the man did not file his paperwork on time. Danny stayed for years more in prison waiting for Kamala's office appeal to be litigated, and it was finally tossed more than 2 years after. And what's even worse, it is not an isolated case. This record is not that of someone ready to unite us, to reform our broken criminal justice system, to unite us. Which is why I couldn't support Kamala."
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #119 on: December 28, 2022, 08:46:23 PM »
« Edited: December 28, 2022, 08:56:08 PM by Buehler-Kotek Voter 🇺🇦 »

GLENN YOUNGKIN 2024: AMERICA, RENEWED

Richmond, Virginia

source: Wikimedia Commons

Thank you, Richmond!

Our nation stands at an inflection point. For over two years now, the White House has been occupied by an incompetent administration that has bent the knee to the far-left as regular Americans have been forced to bear the cost of irresponsible spending, rampant inflation, and rapidly spreading crime and homelessness. And, across the nation, from powerful businesses and institutions that should protect free speech, support the exchange of ideas, and oppose discrimination wholeheartedly, to the temples of education where our children should be versed in America's great history and taught how to contribute to her bright future, Democrats and their friends in the woke mob are on the offensive. They want to teach our children that the land that we love, the global beacon of freedom and liberty, is an evil empire. They want us to believe that our nation's brave law enforcement officials, who stand alone between our families and an unprecedented wave of violence triggered by lax, pro-crime Democrat policies, are racists. They want to tell our nation's hardest workers that they will be excluded from opportunities because of the color of their skin. And, they want to shut down, to 'cancel' anyone who dares to stop toeing the line. Egged on by left-wing media outlets, the radical left has never presented a greater threat to the values we hold dear, and our leaders in Washington are enabling them through inaction.

Just two years ago, I decided to move on from a successful career in business and run of Governor of Virginia because someone needed to stand up to the lies being peddled by Joe Biden and his friends. Someone needed to put in a good word for American values to Virginia. And while the media and the Democrats wrote us off, because Virginia was a solid 'blue' state, we proved them wrong in November. And we were victorious because we didn't write anyone off. We went up and down this beautiful state, from small towns in the Shenandoah to the shores of the Potomac. We reached out to places the GOP hasn't been competitive in for years. And we did this because folks were suffering from years of failed Democrat governors in Richmond. Inner-city Democrats and rural Republicans both hurt when their leaders choose tax-and spend woke projects over the financial wellbeing of their constituents. It doesn't matter where you live or what your neighbors believe if your streets aren't safe. And when the schools you send your children to are on the frontlines of far-left attempts to infuse socialist propaganda into our education system, you're going to start questioning whether you can stand by as Democrat bad actors tear down the nation our Founders built, brick by brick.

And I stand before you today, announcing my run for President, because America - and the Republican Party - need a conservative who isn't afraid to fight the hard fight. Someone who isn't afraid to take on the leftists and challenge the narrative. Someone who isn't going to take 'no' for an answer. I'll tell you what the Republican Party doesn't need - another candidate that only cares about satisfying only the base. A candidate that puts personal hubris above the success of conservative causes. We saw the cost of this approach in the 2022 midterms, and the failing Biden White House still has an ear in Congress because of it. But in 2022, we also saw the fruits of another approach. When candidates focus on the issues, on inflation, gas prices, crime, wokeness, how Democrats have failed The People again and again, they win. Republicans put up their best performances in blue states that we have seen in years. And just like my victory, they did it by staying focused, by sticking to and delivering on conservative promises. Promises for an America, renewed.

And you can expect that promise from a Youngkin presidency. As your Governor, I've stood against corrupt career Democrats in Richmond to protect our schools and your pocketbooks. And as your standardbearer in this crucial 2024 election, you can bet I'm not going to shy away from the hard fight. We're going to compete everywhere. We're going to reach out to folks in the inner cities and college campuses that hate what Democrats are doing to our country, but are too scared to go against the woke mob. We're going to push back against the woke narrative and protect our schools, our children. We're going to stand as a bulwark against the wave of crime that woke socialists have enabled. We're going to rein in inflation and bring the cost of living back down. And we're going to tell the American people, every day, that the promise of freedom, liberty, and American greatness, is more alive than ever.

We've got a lot of work to do, folks. Will you join me?
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #120 on: December 28, 2022, 10:46:32 PM »
« Edited: December 29, 2022, 04:10:36 PM by CentristRepublican »

DEBATE ANSWERS TO COMMON QUESTIONS

NOEM: "I'd like to begin by thanking Fox News and the city of Miami for hosting this debate, and also our wonderful audience. We all know we're at a historically important time for our country. It is of the utmost importance we choose a true, principled, unabashed conservative who can win this race without losing their values, someone who won't back down or buckle to anyone when in the White House. We can't nominate flip-floppers, or extremist grifters. Who do we need as the face of this party? Someone who's lived with American values and has the experience to lead this country. We are in desperate need of conservative stewardship, after the disasters of the last two and a half years under Biden. Biden, Harris, the Democratic Establishment, the Woke Mob, BLM, and Antifa - we need to give them all the boot. We need an experienced leader for ordinary Americans, for American values. I've grown up in America's Heartland, with American values, with ordinary, working-class Americans. It's for those Americans, and for the America that I grew up in, that I am running for president. It is time to restore conservative values, to restore an America that we all recognise and cherish."

NOEM: "I didn't raise my hand, but it's not quite as simple, as black-and-white, as that. There are a lot of unanswered questions about the election, a lot of things we didn't uncover. So it's unclear whether Joe Biden or Donald Trump actually won the 2020 contest. Is there more fraud we didn't manage to uncover? Probably. Would Donald Trump have won had there been no fraud? Maybe. But what I do know is that Joe Biden is the president - that much is very clear from the inflation disaster, the border crisis, and the rise in crime. And what I know is we need to stop focusing on the past, stop rehashing 2020, and look to the future, to 2024. We need to nominate someone who'll give Joe Biden and Kamala Harris the boot, who can win so decisively that they won't be able to steal the race from us no matter what they try!"

3. Who is your favorite Republican President in your lifetime?

NOEM: "Donald Trump. He has been a transformational president, someone who's fought the establishment in Washington and enacted reform, triggered real change. Someone who gave disenchanted Americans a reason to vote. He has been a great president for all except for woke far-left extremists and the creatures of the establishment. I didn't receive any high-up administration position by President Trump, but I saw all that he managed to achieve for ordinary Americans during his four years, and that is why I unequivocally consider him the best president of my lifetime."

NOEM: "We need to reduce our spending. We need to curb spending and stop taxing Americans, stop squeezing them dry. That's number one. Number two, what this crisis has shown is that our country is far too dependent on foreign oil. The solution is very clear - we need to have energy independence, by increasing oil drilling and coal mining, by going all-in on fracking, and utilising our nation's natural resources, more effectively. I'm especially well-versed on this issue because I'm from South Dakota, a big oil state. If we could build the Keystone Pipeline, utilise all those resources, that would go a long way in helping set up our energy independence for the future."

NOEM: "I would be very cautious about a national abortion ban, since while I am personally 100% pro-life and I absolutely support abortion bans in the individual states (such as the one I shepherded in South Dakota), I'm worried that a federal abortion ban could be yet another case of the federal government overstepping its boundaries and not letting state governments making their own decisions. However, I'm confident that there will be some happy medium, and we can definitely enact some reasonable restrictions on abortion at the national level, to counter the radically pro-abortion laws in states such as Colorado and California. Unborn lives in those states matter every bit as much as unborn lives in states such as Indiana and Alabama."
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #121 on: December 28, 2022, 10:47:11 PM »

DEBATE RESPONSES TO OTHER CANDIDATES, PART 1
(may be continued; also, the responses to Pence are made in the context of him still being in the running, with the assumption he's not yet reached the point in his response where he announces he will be dropping out)

2. I don't have a favorite Republican President. Every one of them, except for Trump, did what they felt was right for the country, and I admire that.
My favorite Republican president in my lifetime is Ronald Reagan because he understood the things that America needed when he was in office.  He came into office with sky-high inflation and a looming Soviet threat, and when he left office inflation was minimized for the better part of four decades and the Iron Curtain was on the brink of collapse.  It's that kind of conservative agenda of cutting taxes and standing up to our enemies that I want to replicate as president.

TO PENCE AND HALEY ON THE FAVORITE PRESIDENT QUESTION: "Frankly, I'm hardly surprised that Mike Pence and Nikki Haley, both wishy-washy creatures of consensus, didn't choose Donald Trump. He played a major role in creating their political careers. Without him, they wouldn't be where they are today, they wouldn't even be on this debate stage. Both of them got high-level roles in his administration. Yet now, like so many establishmentarians, they've deemed it politically convenient to turn their backs on him, so that's exactly what they're doing - in front of our very eyes, Mike Pence in particular is betraying Donald Trump. Because believe me, if they thought Trump was still politically viable, they'd both immediately say his name.

Mike was Donald Trump's second-in-command; his right-hand-man; very honestly, his "yes-man", for four full years. He supported the president at every turn. But after Trump lost, and Mike decided it would be good for his career to betray him? He's become more anti-Trump than many Democrats! Mike, if you consider Donald Trump so un-American, so evil, so treasonous - why did you agree to be his running mate? Why did you serve him loyally for four years? Did you just wake up one morning and completely change your opinion of him? You think by lying to our faces, by betraying President Trump, by brazenly pulling a political 180, you can win the presidency, and so that's exactly what you're doing. Well, I don't think the voters are going to buy it."

3. There's a saying about the President. He can't control the economy, but he gets blamed when things go wrong related to it. That's basically the inflation crisis in a nutshell, there isn't much I, or any other President can do, and anything I try likely would make things worse.

TO PENCE ON THE INFLATION QUESTION: "Mike Pence here is preemptively, you know, he's already avoiding taking responsibility as president, he's already trying to avoid any blame, to avoid looking for solutions, to the inflation problem. Not only that - he's apologising for Joe Biden's incompetence on this issue! You really have to wonder what side he's on half the time...

Mike, there's a lot the president can do about inflation. There are a lot of solutions this party has, that we've proposed, and implemented, to curb inflation - if you want, you can ask me, and I'll name you a few! If you're already saying there's nothing you can do to fix inflation, you're setting yourself up for failure, you're already giving yourself an excuse, much like Joe Biden, to do nothing about the inflation problem.

We need a confident, strong, capable leader to fight inflation - not somebody who passes the buck and comes up with excuses instead of finding solutions. Mike Pence, even here, can't think of any of the many obvious solutions to inflation, and so he's letting us know there's nothing he's going to do about it as president.

Well, Mike, thanks, I guess, for letting us know in advance that you won't be solving our country's problems if elected."

4. Not only would I support a national abortion ban with no exceptions being passed today, as President, I would declare martial law in any state with legal abortions for the sole purpose of preventing abortions.

TO PENCE ON ABORTION: "This is certainly alarming. We are the party that's for more rights for the states, and less federal power in our government. Yet here, Mike Pence is already threatening martial law! Don't get me wrong - I am one hundred percent pro-life, and unlike Mike, I never have and never will bow down as far as my principles are concerned. However, this suggestion of martial law is, well, scary. We can't have this man in the White House, somebody who's already threatening martial law if he doesn't get his way. It's especially rich coming from the 'anti-insurrection' Mike Pence, who viewed the riot as a treasonous insurrection."
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #122 on: December 28, 2022, 10:54:35 PM »

RESPONSE TO PERSONAL QUESTION:

To Governor Noem: Governor, you vetoed a bill to restrict Trans Women from participating in Women's Sports, defying the wishes of many conservatives. Why?

NOEM: "As I've said in the past, I am a principled conservative who never backs down from my beliefs or keels to anyone. I did not veto that bill because I thought it was politically convenient. I knew some staunch conservatives in my own party would be angered. But I did it. Why? Because while I supported the bill's provisions, I believed it would be government overreach to place them upon colleges and universities - and it would place a severe burden on them. It would also create complications as South Dakota's colleges and universities participate in national competitions, and it is important to comply with the national standards. Above all, I am always for law and order. The bill also had broad language that I feared could have unintended and unforeseen consequences.

There are other bills that I have signed into law that I will proudly point to, such as a religious refusal law to protect religious freedom, to allow people to exercise their religious beliefs. It was actually quite similar to what Governor Pence did in Indiana back in 2015, but unlike Pence, when pressured by the liberal establishment, I didn't back down."
VirginiaAaron
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -1.57

P P P

« Reply #123 on: December 28, 2022, 11:26:02 PM »
« Edited: December 28, 2022, 11:34:43 PM by VirginiaAaron »

LIN WOOD ATTEMPTS TO STORM DEBATE STAGE BUT IS FORCIBLY REMOVED BY SECURITY, INSTEAD SETS UP REMOTE DEBATE FROM NEWSMAX STUDIOS

1. An Opening Statement
GREETINGS INFIDELS! 'TIS I, LIN WOOD! Even though the media doesn't want me on this stage, I AM HERE. You know, the media once tried to shun two other great powerful men, and it didn't stop their rise to power. You know who I'm talking about Jesus Christ and Donald Trump. Christians believe that there is one God in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost. I say there are four: the Father (God), the Son (Jesus), the grandson (Donald Trump), and the Holy Ghost (me, of course). In 2016, the media tried to shun Donald Trump's candidacy because they were afraid he would defeat Crooked Hillary. Well, guess what? He did. The media, run by Barack Obama, Pontius Pilate, and Satan (Hillary again) and the other corporate elites of the day like Bill Gates and Samesung, tried to silence Jesus because they were afraid of His healing powers. Well folks it's happening again. The media is trying to shun me for standing up for what I believe in. They know this last election was stolen, and we're going to right that wrong and MAKE AMERICA HARD...(like wood).

*hand raised* Only an idiot would say that our Great and Glorious, Wonderful Leader HRH Donald J. Trump lost this last election. If you think about it, democracy is one of many core principles from our Founding Fathers. We must stick to their principles. Allow only white, HETEROSEXUAL, land-owning MEN to vote. If you count those legal votes, Trump wins in a landslide. And if we do that this election, WOOD wins and AMERICA GETS HARD the way I do for Tulsi. Did you hear me? Hey Neil, did you hear the words coming out of my mouth area? Ainsley do you have Tulsi's number? *begins mouthing and signaling "Call me."

Chester Arthur for signing the Stamp Act and for not slandering a good man in King George III.

The answer is simple, folks. Abolish all money and appoint Sam Bankman-Fried to be the SECRETARY OF THE TREASURY. If we turn all money into crypto, the value of the dollar will SKYROCKET, just like my pants-tent goes when Tulsi fills in for Tucker. Oops, did I say that? Oops I did it again, I played with your heart. Ya got lost in the game. Oh baby baby, oops you think I'm in love. But I'm sent from aboooooove. I'M NOT. THAT. INNOCENT.

I would support a national abortion ban and I would instate martial law. With it, there would be forced pregnancies, implanting women and girls at the moment the menstrual cycle begins. And to save time and money, we won't be doing artificial insemination. Rather, we just force all girls that have begun menstruating from ages 12 to 35 to go on Tinder and swipe right on every male that appears on their screen. This ensures that the US will continue its dominance in terms of population growth, rapes per capita, teenage pregnancies per capita, and increases Tom Jones's sex bombs per capita. Sex bomb sex bomb you're a sex bomb and baby you could turn me on. Is Tom Jones still alive? Can we get Martha MacCallum on the line? Martha? Are you there? Can you hear me? Damn phone. This is why I need to switch off of Boost Mobile and straight to NetTalk. Hello? It's me, Lin. Lin Wood, disgraced former attorney of Donald J. Trump. I was wondering if after all these years you'd like to meet, maybe to go over...everything. You know, I once heard that time's supposed to heal you. But I ain't done much healing. Hello? Do you hear the words coming out of the hole in my face which has lips, saliva, teeth, gums, tongue, and a voice box? Really really really wanna zigga zigga. IF YA WANNABE MY LOVER, YOU GOTTA GET WITH MY FRIENDS. MAKE IT LAST FOREVER, FRIENDSHIP NEVER ENDS. IF YA WANNABE MY LOVER, YA GOTTA SLAM SLAM SLAM SLAM SLAM YA BODY DOWN AND WIND IT ALL AROUND. Mel B was the best spice girl.

LIN WOOD WAS NOT GIVEN A PERSONAL QUESTION, SO HE WROTE ONE FOR HIMSELF: Mr. Wood, you have claimed that the earth is flat, that the 9/11 attacks didn't happen, and more recently you called on Georgia Governor Brian Kemp to be imprisoned, among others, for not overturning the results of the 2020 election in Georgia. How can you possibly expect the American people to forgive you for such egregious acts?
Simple. I'm not apologizing so they don't need to forgive me. Why should I apologize for something I meant? In fact, I don't think I went further enough. The Revolutionary War was fake. Know how I know? Ask any person alive if they remember the Revolutionary War. I guarantee you they say no. If no one saw it, that means it didn't happen. Civil war? Didn't happen. FDR was a truly disgusting person. But not because of the internment camps, but because of the New Deal. End of quote. Repeat the line. Listen fat. I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. Kids loved jumping up on my lap when I was a lifeguard. And I loved kids jumping up on my lap. In conclusion, I am running for President not just to make America hard (like wood), but I mostly want to empty the White House pool and fill it up with golden dollar coins so I can repeat the scene from that movie where Scrooge McDuck jumps into and then swims in a pool of gold. And hopefully, Tulsi will be there too. I would also like to thank PETA for assisting me in my campaign. Sayonara muchachos!
John King wannabe
AshtonShabazz

« Reply #124 on: December 29, 2022, 06:01:08 AM »
« Edited: December 29, 2022, 06:09:01 AM by John King wannabe »

For the People: Blinding Lights

"Okay, okay, let's run through that answer again" The Vice President said to her debate prep team as she prepped for the upcoming Democratic debate in Philadelphia.

The campaign put a considerable amount of time into the debate prep of the Vice President believing that the campaign would benefit from a strong debate performance and to capture any momentum needed in the race. They were also aware that lackluster debate performances can kill campaigns. The Vice President knowing that more than anyone (Thanks Tulsi).

The Vice President held sessions in whatever hotel she was staying at, her Baltimore HQ, campaign field offices across the country and even the Naval Observatory. The campaign was definitely caught off guard with the entry of former Vice President Gore into the race but believe his policies will peel away from progressive voters more and believe the large Democratic apparatus is still behind Harris

In between campaign appearances and debate prep, the Vice President made sure to attend to her duties as Vice President. When speaking at events under the official Vice Presidential seal the White House had to carefully make clear that it was in no way a campaign event in order to avoid Hatch Act Investigations.

Finally, with a large motorcade pulling up to Drexel University and a quick hair and makeup touchup in her secret service swept RV outside the venue. The Vice President walked out on stage, waved to the crowd and shook hands with her opponents preparing to debate.

DEBATE RESPONSES
Opening Statement:
"Well, thank you, Lester, Rachel, Kristen, Jose and of course Drexel University for hosting this debate and great discussion of ideas, and it's good to be back in the great city of Philadelphia, the city of our country's independence"

"247 years ago, our founders descended on Philadelphia, and once the fierce debate was over a woman asked Benjamin Franklin, and I'm paraphrasing, (Laughs) Well what is it? a monarchy or a republic? And he famously responded 'A republic, if you can keep it'. Well, in recent years we have seen our democracy under immense pressure, and whether we can keep our republic has been called into question more than once."

"Why am I running for President? Well it's simple, to preserve our democracy, speak truth and show the American people what can be done if we put our minds to it. I'm running for President for and by the people, and I hope this debate will show you all how serious I am about my fight for you"

Raise your hand if you support the adoption of a single-payer, "Medicare for All" style healthcare system.
"Well Lester, I raised my hand because, well yes I support the very idea of complete universal healthcare coverage there is no doubt about that. But my plan is a government ran plan, modeled after the 'Medicare-For-All' plan which would allow the American people to opt in and out of our government healthcare plan"

"So, here's what that means. If you like your private insurance and believe you are adequately covered, that's great, good for you, you can keep it. But if you want to opt into our government plan which I call my 'Universal Choice Plan', you can and you will be treated the exact same as anyone else regardless of your income or background"

The world is faced with the imminent threat of catastrophic climate change. This means storms, droughts, and more common freak weather events, rising sea levels, among other negative consequences. What is your plan to address this, mitigate the effects, and prevent long term damage to the planet?
"Thank you for that question and if you've been keeping up with my campaign you would notice I talk about climate change a lot (Laughs)"

"First off I can list what the Biden-Harris administration has already done, we rejoined the Paris Climate Accord, President Biden issued an executive order that directed the federal government to cut our emissions by 65%, he also signed legislation that would create more charging stations for electric vehicles to give these manufacturers more of an incentive to produce electric vehicles"

"Now, under a Harris administration will build on what we have done under our current administration, provide grants for these companies to further motivate them to create clean renewable energy sources, reward companies who produce electric vehicles, the key to fighting climate change is through our American enterprise and under my administration that is exactly what we will do, promote American enterprise."

What could we expect for the first 100 Days of your presidency?
"The first 100 days of my presidency will be simple, fighting for the people. In my first 100 days one of the first things I will do is introduce legislation to codify Roe v. Wade into the official law of the land. We must also do our very best to support our allies abroad and I want to make it clear to them that American will continue to be a leading force for good in the modern world"

"We will also build on the progress we have already made in the Biden-Harris administration, fighting for an assaults' weapons ban, free community college, universal pre-k. It's an ambitious agenda but I am confident we can get it done."

Who is the United States's greatest geopolitical adversary?
"I believe our greatest geopolitical adversary's are those, in foreign nations, who wish to divide our country through social media posts, disinformation, and even some political candidates"

"And see what is so concerning about this age is we can no longer just pin-point any country or region, our country is threatened by those who want to divide our country by political ideology or party, that is our greatest threat. And I applaud Senator Gillibrand for her great cyber-security plan and my only problem with it is that I didn't come up with it first. (Laughs) I believe the Senator's plan is a great benchmark and if elected President I believe it would be a great model"

As Attorney General of California, you've been accused of "weaponizing technicalities to keep wrongfully convicted people behind bars rather than allow them new trials" and you argued against early releases and de-crowding California prisons. Can Democrats trust you to enact a criminal justice agenda that will be fair to all Americans?
"Democrats can trust me because that is simply not the full story. My work as Attorney General of California was upholding the laws and protocols of the state of California. Some of the proudest work in my record as Attorney General was being proactive when it comes to criminal justice reform, such as creating the "Back on Track" program which helped past offenders get an education, get a job, and the resources they needed to avoid committing another crime and ending back up in our broken criminal justice system. I am proud of that work."

"But I can also acknowledge mistakes were made. There were a lot of things my office was required to do in our role as the law enforcement officers of the state of California, that we did not agree with, but were required to do under the existing California law and code. But being the proactive team that we were, we lobbied California legislators, we held meetings with the Governor and we got laws changed for the better and to reform our criminal justice system. That's why the American people can trust me, I get stuff done."

Rebuttal
"Ya know, I had a lot of respect for Governor Newsom before this debate but now I can see that in an effort to advance his career he will do everything he can including flip-flopping and lying about my record to advance his case"

"Now, Gavin (Turns to Newsom), you endorsed me in 2020, you endorsed me in 2016, you endorsed me in 2014, 2010, 2007 and 2003. And even when it looked like your recall election wasn't going your way, you called up my staff and begged for me to campaign with you. And even last year with house seats on the line you didn't even show up and campaign! You were so high on your own celebrity you thought you thought it was all in the bag. Well folks in so small part because of Gavin Newsom we may have lost a great opportunity to hold onto and even flip key seats in California."

"I want a proactive not reactive President, and folks all Gavin Newsom has done is be a reactive politician, not a leader fit for the office of President of the United States."

After the debate Vice President Harris would make an effort to shake every candidate's hand, notably snubbing Newsom by giving him a quick pat on the shoulder before descending into the crowd to talk to supporters. Then after a good 10 minute talk with the crowd leaving for D.C.

And with what they considered a strong and stable debate performance the campaign began rolling out the new slogan of the night; Proactive: For the People
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 22  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies