What Comes After: A 2024 Game (Gameplay-PAUSED)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 12:24:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  What Comes After: A 2024 Game (Gameplay-PAUSED)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22
Author Topic: What Comes After: A 2024 Game (Gameplay-PAUSED)  (Read 17880 times)
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #375 on: January 21, 2023, 11:56:32 PM »

New Hampshire and Nevada Final Results

Kamala Harris: 26% | 42,345 | 14 Delegates ✓
Gavin Newsom: 24% | 39,072 | 13 Delegates
Gretchen Whitmer: 15% | 24,443 | 9 Delegates
Jeff Merkley: 10% | 16,296 | 0 Delegates
Eric Adams: 10% | 16,027 | 0 Delegates
Al Gore: 9% | 14,656 | 0 Delegates
Kirsten Gillibrand: 2% | 3,257 | 0 Delegates  
Ro Khanna: 2% | 3,122 | 0 Delegates
Pete Buttigieg: 1% | 1,629 | 0 Delegates

Total Precincts Reporting: 100%

Jeff Merkley: 21% | 55,695 | 7 Delegates ✓
Al Gore: 20% | 53,042 | 6 Delegates
Gretchen Whitmer: 18% | 47,738 | 6 Delegates
Gavin Newsom: 15% | 39,783 | 5 Delegates
Kirsten Gillibrand: 10% | 26,521 | 0 Delegates
Kamala Harris: 10% | 26,494 | 0 Delegates
Pete Buttigieg: 2% | 5,304 | 0 Delegates
Eric Adams: 2% | 4,762 | 0 Delegates
Ro Khanna: <1% | 1,907 | 0 Delegates

Glenn Youngkin: 24% | 61,577| 6 Delegates ✓
Ron DeSantis: 23% | 59,016 | 5 Delegates
Roger Stone: 19% | 48,747 | 4 Delegates
Josh Hawley: 17% | 43,614 | 4 Delegates
Kari Lake: 10% | 25,657| 3 Delegates
Matt Gaetz: 5% | 12,837 | 1 Delegates
Nikki Haley: 2% | 4,552 | 0 Delegates
Larry Hogan: <1%| 2,246 | 0 Delegates
Justin Amash: <1% | 938 | 0 Delegates
Lin Wood: <1% | 69 | 0 Delegates

Total Precincts Reporting: 100%

KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #376 on: January 22, 2023, 12:09:01 AM »

The Delegate Race

Kamala Harris: 39 Delegates
Al Gore: 25 Delegates
Gavin Newsom: 18 Delegates
Gretchen Whitmer: 15 Delegates
Eric Adams: 10 Delegates
Jeff Merkley: 7 Delegates
Kirsten Gillibrand: 0 Delegates

Josh Hawley: 17 Delegates
Ron DeSantis: 15 Delegates
Kari Lake: 10 Delegates
Glenn Youngkin: 7 Delegates
Nikki Haley: 7 Delegates
Roger Stone: 6 Delegates
Matt Gaetz: 2 Delegates
Justin Amash: 0 Delegates
Lin Wood: 0 Delegates

Note: Remember the rules! 4 RL days to SC R Primary and GA D primary.
RGM2609
« Reply #377 on: January 22, 2023, 01:43:11 AM »
« Edited: January 22, 2023, 03:46:06 AM by RGM2609 »

Gavin Newsom - For a Brighter Future

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!

First of all, I'd like to thank my supporters for everything they have done on the course of this campaign. We fought hard, we fought well, and we came close!

But, we didn't win. It is hard for me too, but it's clear my path to the nomination does not exist anymore. Which is why, for the good and the unity of the party, I am announcing the suspension of my campaign. No, I know, I know, it's hard for me too.

But we must rise to this moment and see beyond petty personal issues. Even if I won't be President, there is another candidate who is willing to tackle the issues, who is a committed to building the brighter future we deserve, who has fought all of his life for Democratic values, who can win the election and keep Republicans out! And that is Vice President Al Gore! I fully trust him with the great responsabilities of the Presidency, and I do believe our country will change for the better if we do nominate him.

So, my campaign is over, but our fight is only beginning. Let's get it done America, let's elect Al Gore!"
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #378 on: January 22, 2023, 01:29:11 PM »

Lake Welcomes "Strong" New Hampshire Showing
I want to thank all my volunteers and supporters in New Hampshire for last night's result. While our campaign didn't win the day, you sent a message to the Republican establishment that can't be ignored. Regular Americans everywhere are embracing the America First message, and are tired of a broken political system that has only made their lives worse. They want a President who stands up for our country and our people. They want a President who protects our most vulnerable. They want a leader as their President.

We are moving on to South Carolina and Nevada today. The work of this campaign goes on and I have full confidence that we will go into Super Tuesday in a very strong position.

Take back control New Hampshire! Take back control America!
John King wannabe
AshtonShabazz

« Reply #379 on: January 22, 2023, 04:30:18 PM »

Harris campaign celebrates Nevada win

The mood in Harris campaign HQ in Las Vegas, Nevada at the beginning of the night could best be described as morbid.

When the polls first closed in the state of New Hampshire and placed the Vice President out of the top 5 tier of candidates there was talk of the Vice President not speaking in Vegas that night at all if she lost the state of Nevada and instead having the Second Gentleman sent out to speak for her. Although the notion was quickly shot down by Vice President Harris not wanting to be seen as "weak". The results were so bad in New Hampshire that at the watch party in Nashua, a senior aide told all supporters to go home before the night was even over and to stay tuned for Nevada results privately.

Although privately the campaign was wiping their tears, publicly they conveyed confidence. In an interview with MSNBC that night before polls closed in Nevada, Maya Harris, the Vice President's sister and senior advisor told the network; "We always knew New Hampshire was gonna be tough, but we are incredibly confident about our chances in Nevada and we are hoping for a win"

Their patience was soon rewarded however when polls closed in Nevada, showing the Vice President off to an early lead with prompted the loudest response and amount of cheers the Vegas watch party had seen all night. The Vice President herself also got a sudden burst of energy hopping off of the couch she stayed attach to the entire night and talking to her aides in her hotel room about the incoming numbers. The campaign constantly refreshed several news sites for results, groaning and letting out a series of expletives every time the Vice President fell out of the lead and clapping their hands and high fiving when she took the lead.

The constant seesaw continued until the race was officially called.

The cheers in the hotel floor rented out by the Secret Service for the Vice President rivaled the cheers from the Vegas watch party as the campaign breathed a huge sigh of relief. The Vice President took the custom congratulatory calls and in the call from Senator Merkley congratulated him on his win in New Hampshire. Although the call from Gavin Newsom was rather short and tedious and ended in him saying "I'm gonna drop out, best of luck Kamala" which the Vice President found odd considering how close he got to winning. Nevertheless the campaign popped champagne again and piled into the motorcade to the watch party.

The Vice President arrived at her campaign watch party from the back and high fived and danced with volunteers backstage before she was introduced from the loudspeaker. As the announcement went on an aide whispered to the Vice President that Newsom had just endorsed Gore. The Vice President gave a soft chuckle and nodded knowing that a continued progressive split in the primary only helps the Vice President more than anything. As the lights went up and the tv's camera lights turned red. The Vice President bounded the stage and waved to her supporters to her campaign theme song of "Work That" by Mary J. Blige before stepping behind the podium.

“Thank you! Thank you all so much! Well, Nevada, we just hit the jackpot!”

“First off, I want to congratulate Senator Merkley on his win in the great state of New Hampshire! And another big thank you to the over 26,000 voters of New Hampshire who showed up and showed out for our campaign. Your support truly means the world to me and I hope you keep that same energy and passion as we continue in this fight and head to November”

“But how about the great state of Nevada! My neighbor showed up! They said our campaign couldn’t win! They said it was only a matter of time before our so called luck ran out, well Nevada I am so glad you showed them! You did! And I am so grateful for you! Our campaign has proven once again we can win in states that we have been doubted in and Nevada I am so glad you showed that it was possible!”

“Nevada, you spoke loud and you spoke clearly. You chose a candidate with the experience, background and confidence required to be President. And let this race be a testament to my commitment to the American people. No matter how many times people try to knock us down, no matter how many times we are doubted or cast aside, I will never give up my fight for the American people! Never!”

“I want to thank each and every one of you who knocked on doors, made phone calls, and worked tirelessly to make this victory possible. This campaign is not about me, it's about us. It's about the millions of hard working Americans who deserve a fair shot at the American Dream. The dream that every child should be able to receive a high quality education without causing serious financial strain on their parents, the dream that everyone should be able to receive a living wage no matter where they work! And the dream that we must do everything we can to tackle the gun violence epidemic in this country! And that’s a fight I am not forfeiting!”

“I know that this campaign will not be easy, but I also know that it's worth it. We have a lot of work to do, but I am ready to roll up my sleeves and get to work. But are you ready to work with me? Are you ready to take the fight all the way? Cause I’m ready to fight if you’re ready with me, Nevada! Alright that’s what I like to hear! (Laughs)”

“But once again, thank you so much Nevada we couldn’t do this without you. Onward to Georgia! Onward to Michigan, and then across this great nation! Thank you all so much and may God bless you!"

After the event the Vice President quickly boarded Air Force Two for a quick stop in Washington D.C to attend a cabinet meeting with President Biden then straight back to the great city of Atlanta in the great state of Georgia.
John King wannabe
AshtonShabazz

« Reply #380 on: January 22, 2023, 06:24:28 PM »

Senator Jon Ossoff, and Stacey Abrams endorse Vice President Harris in Atlanta Rally.

After touching down in Atlanta, Georgia on Air Force Two the Vice President Harris was finishing a conference call with her Georgia team who told her they had just secured the endorsements of U.S Senator Jon Ossoff and former Gubernatorial nominee and Democratic pop icon, Stacey Abrams.

"Yes!" The Vice President cheerfully replied, even better the two were slated to appear with the Vice President at her next Georgia rally. Embarking the plane the press noticed the Vice President was more chipper than a candidate who barely won a state she was all but certain to win a few months earlier, and who's own Governor endorsed her chief opponent. When asked about her apparent cheerful demeanor the Vice President simply smiled and waved before climbing into her armored SUV

Upon arriving at the rally venue the word was out to the press; Ossoff. Abrams to endorse Harris for President. The crowd grew even more electric at the news and began looking for any sign of Ossoff or Abrams in the crowd. Unbeknownst to them they were backstage with the Vice President taking pictures (which Abrams proudly posted on her social media before being told to stop by the Secret Service). The campaign then told the trio that it was time for them to prepare to enter the stage. So with the Vice President leading the way, the group bounded the stage to the raucous cheers of the crowd.

SEN. OSSOFF:
"Hello Georgia! Thank you! Thank you all so much!"

"Madam Vice President, I think they like you! And I have to say I like Kamala Harris too! That's right! I remember when I first met Vice President Harris, she was a Senator and I was running for Congress and she told me very strongly and I remember exactly what you said 'Aren't you a little young to be in politics like this?' And! (Chuckles) how funny it is now to now stand beside you and endorse your campaign to become the next President of the United States"

"Now, Madam Vice President, you were there for me when I ran for Senate, and because of the great people of Georgia, I am the Senior United States Senator for this great state! And so I am once again asking the great people of Georgia for their votes, not for me but help Kamala Harris become our Democratic nominee and then our 47th President of the United States!"

"I believe in her! And I hope you will join me and the great Stacey Abrams in our goal to elect her as our next President! And I know a lot of you wanna hear from Stacey, so without further ado. The reason why I won my race, she is still the future of Georgia! Please welcome a great leader in the Democratic party, Stacey Abrams!"

MS. ABRAMS:
"Thank you, Senator Ossoff! And thank you to the beautiful people of Georgia!"

"I don't want to waste time but I am so glad to stand up here with these two great Americans as we prepare to nominate and elect the first woman and the first black woman as President of the United States! And I want to say this to the people of Georgia, Kamala Harris has always had our back, and now I think it's time we have hers!"

"Kamala Harris really is the epitome of the American spirit, raised in Oakland to 2 immigrant parents! Graduated from an HBCU and worked her way up from District Attorney. California Attorney General, United States Senator, Vice President of the United States! And now I wanna elect her as the next President of the United States! We got to get it done but all roads lead through Georgia! Georgia you are instrumental in this, so on primary day get up, get out, and vote for Kamala Harris in the primary!"

"So! Without further ado, I present to you a woman! A black woman! A District Attorney! An Attorney General! A United States Senator! The Vice President of the United States and the next President, Kamala Devi Harris!"

VP HARRIS:
"Aww, thank you, Stacey and Senator Ossoff, and wassup Atlanta! (Laughs)"

"Atlanta! I am so glad to be back with two great products of this amazing state, Senator Jon Ossoff and the woman that would've been an amazing Governor, and hopefully one day she will be, Stacey Abrams! And what can I do but thank these two great public servants? I am so glad to have them on this journey with me and now that I have you two by my side I am feeling very confident about our chances in this great state!"

"I'm not gonna hold you all long, but thank you all so much for being here! For your support and your enthusiasm, it means so much to me and to our campaign and honestly what would I do without you all? I wouldn't win that's for sure! (Laughs) But look this is what our campaign is about, affordable quality healthcare, access to quality education, raising the wages of millions of hardworking Americans, codifying the right for a woman to make decisions about her own body and tackling this nations gun epidemic once and for all!"

"That is why we are all here! That is why Stacey and Jon is here! And that is why we are gonna win in this great state and then across the country! Thank you all so much, and may God bless you! Let's get this done!"

McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.68, S: -3.48

P P P
« Reply #381 on: January 23, 2023, 10:43:55 AM »
« Edited: January 23, 2023, 09:17:30 PM by McGovernite »

The NH Miracle: Moving Forward
Accessed via Imgur

"Ma'am we beat the Vice President in New Hampshire." These were the words of Senator Gillibrand's campaign manager as she was about to take the stage in Manchester. A smile appeared on her face, her shoulders straightened, and she walked with confidence onto the stage as over a thousand awaited her appearance. Joined on stage with Former Governor John Lynch, Governor Maura Healey, Mayor Joyce Craig, and her husband and kids. The crowd erupted. The ballroom at the Manchester Convention Center was filled with chants of "Gillibrand!", "Brave Wins!", "Gilly!" and other chants of encouragement. Joining hands, the Senator along with her endorsers raised their hands in victory. She walked to the microphone and began her speech:

New Hampshire, you have made the Gillibrand Miracle a reality. You have shown the nation that Brave, does indeed, Win. We have criss-crossed this state over the past months, knocking what feels like every single door in the state. We've spent countless hours talking with people from all walks of life. We've cried, we've laughed, we've smiled, and most important: we have shown that victory is achievable for any little girl or boy who has a dream. Although we may not have came first in this race, we have cemented our campaign as one which must be taken seriously. We have defeated the sitting Vice President of the United States in New Hampshire. Did you hear me? The one who the polls counted out. The one who the media counted out. We have beat the sitting Vice President of the United States in the state of New Hampshire. This is a revolution, folks. We have made our message clear here in New Hampshire, and it's time for the rest of the country to start listening. We have shown that policies like Medicare For All have backing and must be put in place. We have shown that a women's right to choose is a core part of healthcare in this country. We have shown that despite everything that's been thrown against us, we never back down. I congratulate Senator Merkley and all of my other competitors, but I must tell them, we are coming. Our movement, comprised of Americans from all different backgrounds, genders, sexualities, and ethnicities aren't backing down. We know what's at stake, and we are willing to fight for it. We are going to keep this race going. We have the momentum. I've never lost a race, and I don't plan on doing so anytime soon. New Hampshire, I want to thank you again. You've added fuel to this fire, and because of you we have a mandate to continue. We are going to make you proud, I am going to make you proud. Thank you so much, and let's win this thing!

The crowd once again erupted. Rally signs were waving, the song "Woman" by Kesha ranged out throughout the hall. As the Senator walked off stage, she picked up a phone call from HQ back in New York City. "Ma'am, we've got the office on the line. Anything you'd like to say to everyone?" She smiled and responded "Let's ing do this." She knew that the next few days would be tough, but she was more inspired and willing to fight than ever before. Senator Gillibrand, soon to be President Gillibrand, would make history.

The next day, she left New Hampshire for the last time. She said her goodbyes to her Granite State campaign staff, visiting all of her campaign offices in and around the Manchester area. She boarded a plane out of Concord Airport and headed to Detroit.

Once she arrived in Michigan, she left Detroit for Ann Arbor. Over the next few days, Gillibrand would hit the cities of Ann Arbor, Dearborn, Flint, Lansing, and Kalamazoo. Realizing the force that Governor Whitmer has in Michigan, she opted for cities outside of Detroit in order to make appeal to voters who aren't as frequently visited or who aren't as establishment and committed to Governor Whitmer. Hitting the University of Michigan at Ann Arbor and the University of Michigan at Flint, Senator Gillibrand spoke to crowds of hundreds of eager students willing to listen to her pitch. Although Governor Whitmer is popular in Michigan, Senator Gillibrand hoped to pick off a few voters based off of her much more progressive policies in comparison to people like Governor Whitmer, Former Vice President Gore, and Senator Harris. However, she also recognized that herself and Senator Merkley would be competing for the same type of voter: young, progressive, and fed up. The best possible thing she could try to do was pitch herself as more deserving of their vote because of her vast progressive legislative record, her support for a women's right to choose as a woman, someone who's never lost an election, and a fighter. Michigan was a state that Senator Sanders won in 2016, but Gillibrand was optimistic that she could take some votes away from Senator Merkley, Governor Whitmer, and even Vice President Harris if she played her cards right.

In addition to hitting university campuses, she visited factories and plants across Western Michigan. Meeting with AFL-CIO, CWA, SEIU, and other labor union workers, she pitched herself as a progressive, pro-union, pro-worker candidate who would do more for labor than others. Although she realized that other candidates had been endorsed by labor unions, she pointed to her stances on trade and manufacturing in order to reassure workers that under her presidency America would be back in full force with thousands of more jobs across Michigan and the United States.

After spending her time in Michigan, the Senator was optimistic that a good result was to come. She recognized that her chance of actually winning Michigan was slim to none, but if she could do well enough in the state it could show that she was formiddable. After the New Hampshire miracle, she hit social media networks hard with ads saying "Only Kirsten Gillibrand can beat Josh Hawley" and news headlines from papers which said "Kirsten Gillibrand: The Only One Who Can Beat the GOP and Move Us Forward." Using internal polling in her ads, she showed herself ahead of people like Governor DeSantis, Senator Hawley, and Roger Stone when compared to candidates like Vice President Harris or Governor Whitmer who were slightly behind the others. This message, she hoped, would work in convincing people not only to vote for her, but to donate to her campaign. She was hopeful, she was optimistic, and she was ready to see what could come.

(Important to note that Senator Gillibrand did still run some social media ads in Georgia, but skipped appearing in the state as her endorsements and infrastructure couldn't compare to others).
VirginiaAaron
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -1.57

P P P

« Reply #382 on: January 23, 2023, 06:18:01 PM »
« Edited: January 23, 2023, 11:04:37 PM by VirginiaAaron »

RPT: LIN WOOD CONSIDERING SUSPENDING CAMPAIGN, NOT ELIMINATING POSSIBILITY OF RE-ENTERING THE 2024 RACE AS INDEPENDENT ONCE SLATE OF CANDIDATES IS SET

WASHINGTON, D.C. -- After a string of pitiful performances in the Republican primaries thus far, the nearly nonexistent Lin Wood 2024 campaign is considering suspending its operations. Sources close to the disgraced former attorney say there are 4 options on the table: A) suspend the campaign and re-open as an Independent ticket after the Republican Convention, B) suspend the campaign and endorse Roger Stone, C) suspend the campaign and endorse Josh Hawley with the hopes that a Lin Wood endorsement would make the Hawley campaign seem unviable, or D) continue the campaign and hope to earn a single delegate somewhere.

Politico reached out to the Wood campaign spokesperson, who we quickly figured out was Wood using a high-pitched voice. The spokesperson, "Amanda," told us there was no truth to the allegations but did confirm that Wood is seeking to impregnate Wanda Sykes and Tulsi Gabbard via IVF. When pressed again for details about where the campaign will move after terrible finishes in Iowa and New Hampshire, we were told there was no further comment. Politico will continue watching this story.
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #383 on: January 23, 2023, 09:20:35 PM »

The Gillibrand campaign will be re-running this ad in the states of Michigan, Massachusetts, Maine, and Virginia.

Gillibrand Ad: Impossible
Aired In: NH, NV, SC, MN, IA, UT, OR, ID, TX, VT, MA, ME, RI
All images accessed via Imgur

"They want to take away health care from millions of Americans."
"They want to make abortion illegal."
We can't just tune it out, we've got to shut it down.
I won't apologize for only nominating judges who support a women's right to choose.
I don't care if corrupt politicians are scared at my plan to get big money out of politics.
And I'm proud that I supported Medicare for All before it was popular.
I've stood up to the Republicans when they've tried to gut social programs, and I'll do it again.
Nothing is impossible, if we fight for it.
I'm Kirsten Gillibrand, I'm running for President, and I approve this message.
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #384 on: January 23, 2023, 09:30:22 PM »

She's Got What It Takes: Beto O'Rourke Backs Gillibrand

Accessed via Imgur

The day after the New Hampshire primary, the Gillibrand was extremely happy. They had beat Vice President Kamala Harris, outran Gore, Whitmer, and Adams in key suburban and urban areas, and shown that their campaign was formidable. However, something even greater peaked their excitedness: a new endorsement. Back in 2020, Senator Gillibrand and Former Rep. Beto O'Rourke were both competitors, but their relationship has since changed. Standing in front of a crowd of about 300 people in Downtown El Paso, Rep. Beto O'Rourke held a public speaking event where he endorsed Senator Kirsten Gillibrand for President of the United States. Here's an excerpt from his speech:

I have known Senator Gillibrand for many years. In fact, when I first got to Washington D.C. and was a freshman in the House, Senator Gillibrand came to visit me. I was kind of starstruck. I mean, I'm a House freshman and a Senator was knocking at my door. It was from that day forward that I knew that Senator Gillibrand was someone I could trust and would do everything she could to make the United States the best country in the world. I've been examining this 2024 primary race extremely closely, as I'm sure you all have as well. We've got a big slate of candidates, and many of them are amazing. However, I believe that only one candidate has the ability to truly win this election: Senator Kirsten Gillibrand. Senator Gillibrand has never compromised her values. She has always put the American people first. She is a firm believer in a women's right to choose, and yes, she is a unapologetic progressive who will get things done. I respect people like Senator Merkley for his progressive outspokeness, but I know that Senator Gillibrand has done, and will continue to do everything she can to truly enact progressive values and legislation. If you tell her something is impossible, then she'll prove you wrong. She's got the guts, she's got the strength, and she's got my vote and full support.

This endorsement is extremely valuable to the Gillibrand campaign in Texas as she hopes to score a few victories during the upcoming Super Tuesday primaries. Beto offers many great things, but among them is his star power, charisma, and fundraising abilities. With Beto on her side, Senator Gillibrand will be able to reinvigorate her image and appeal to a wider base of support, especially latinos who have been somewhat weary to back her campaign. Additionally, receiving Beto's fundraising contacts and supports will help to better fund her campaign including ads, staff, and offices.
YPestis25

Political Matrix
E: -4.65, S: -6.09

« Reply #385 on: January 23, 2023, 10:18:57 PM »

Gorementum Continues: The Vice President Speaks

Source: New Republic/Me

Thank you Manchester! I just got off the phone with Senator Merkley and congratulated him on his hard won victory. I also want to extend my congratulations to Governors Whitmer and Newsom for their impressive performance tonight. New Hampshire you have truly brought out the best in all of us and made us all better candidates. When we announced this campaign months ago, this would have been unimaginable. We would have been laughed out of the room for suggesting this result, but once again, you gave this Tennessean a chance and you have shocked the country.

I want to make one thing clear, this campaign is not about me. It is about all of you and the future that we are going to build. Together, let's make sure that our prosperity enriches not just the few, but all working families. Let's invest in health care, education, a secure retirement and middle-class tax cuts.

This country is rich and strong and we have President Biden to thank for that, but we must build on that prosperity. We must make sure that everyone is able to partake in the American Dream. We need leadership in Washington who will reinvest in forgotten America. In the small towns that have withered as Washington did nothing, in the urban neighborhoods so long forgotten. We need leadership ready to lead globally on day one and to unify this country behind the new challenges on the horizon.

But as important as prosperity is, there is a moral conscience in this country that must continue to be renewed. With your help that can happen. We can continue to rebuild our democracy at home and restore decency at dignity to this nation. America is the last, best hope for the world and I refuse to give up on that dream, the stakes are simply too high to do otherwise.

I am deeply honored that so many of you put your faith in me tonight. The race does not end here, really it is only the beginning. Tonight my team is flying to Georgia to take our message back to the South with the winds at our backs thanks to you.

Goodnight New Hampshire!
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #386 on: January 23, 2023, 10:29:21 PM »
« Edited: January 24, 2023, 12:07:20 AM by KaiserDave »

General Polling Update

Presidential Polling Shows An End to Dominant Frontrunners
NATIONAL POLL: Who do you support of the following candidates for President? (Republican)
Ron DeSantis: 24%
Josh Hawley: 20%
Glenn Youngkin: 15%
Roger Stone: 13%
Kari Lake: 12%
Matt Gaetz: 4%
Justin Amash: 1%
Undecided/Someone Else: 9%

NATIONAL POLL: Who do you support of the following candidates for President? (Democratic)
Kamala Harris: 23%
Al Gore: 20%
Gretchen Whitmer: 18%
Jeff Merkley: 17%
Eric Adams: 8%
Kirsten Gillibrand: 5%
Undecided/Someone Else: 8%
CNN, February 10th, 2024

Georgia Poll Points to a Three-Way Race
Who do you support for the Democratic nomination for President?
Kamala Harris: 32%
Al Gore: 23%
Eric Adams: 15%
Gretchen Whitmer: 9%
Jeff Merkley: 7%
Kirsten Gillibrand: 2%
Undecided/Someone Else: 8%
Emerson College Poll, February 13th, 2024

South Carolina Poll Shows DeSantis Ahead, For Now
Who do you support for the Republican nomination for President?
Ron DeSantis: 32%
Josh Hawley: 23%
Kari Lake: 15%
Glenn Youngkin: 13%
Roger Stone: 5%
Matt Gaetz: 3%
Justin Amash: 2%
Undecided/Someone Else: 7%
CNN, February 12th, 2024

Poll Shows Whitmer Retains Support of Michigan Democrats
Michigan Poll: Who do you support of the following candidates for President? (Democratic)
Gretchen Whitmer: 34%
Kamala Harris: 21%
Al Gore: 15%
Jeff Merkley: 14%
Eric Adams: 6%
Kirsten Gillibrand: 4%
Undecided/Someone Else: 5%
Quinnipiac University, February 15th, 2024

Nevada Poll Shows DeSantis Lead Slipping
Who do you support for the Republican nomination for President?
Ron DeSantis: 25%
Kari Lake: 21%
Roger Stone: 15%
Josh Hawley: 14%
Glenn Youngkin: 13%
Matt Gaetz: 4%
Justin Amash: 1%
Undecided/Someone Else: 7%
Fox News, February 14th, 2024

YPestis25

Political Matrix

« Reply #387 on: January 23, 2023, 11:29:52 PM »
« Edited: January 24, 2023, 02:47:45 PM by YPestis25 »

The Party Rallies: Endorsements Pour in for Al Gore
Source: Me

Politico
February 7th, 2024

After his surprisingly strong showing in New Hampshire, the Gore Campaign today announced the endorsements of leaders across the country. In a joint statement, Senators Tim Kaine, Mark Kelly and John Hickenlooper announced their support for the Former Vice President citing his “long record of service and experience in public office,” his “commitment to fighting for working families,” and his “courage to be out in front on critical issues like climate change.” Former Governor John Bel Edwards and Former Representative John Barrow have also announced their support for the Vice President, noting his concern for issues affecting their states and his plan for rural revitalization, and are expected to hit the trail in Georgia in the coming days. Coming on the heels of Governor Gavin Newsom's endorsement, the announcements of support are expected to further bolster Vice President Gore’s campaign nationwide as he continues to gather momentum heading into Super Tuesday.

Vice President Gore's campaign is expected to make a full court press in Georgia in the coming days, with a seven day sprint ending in a hopeful election night victory in Atlanta on February 13th. Surrogates, ads, and canvassers are expected to flood into the state, setting up another battle with the current Vice President, Kamala Harris, and New York City Mayor Eric Adams.
YPestis25

Political Matrix

« Reply #388 on: January 24, 2023, 02:11:16 AM »

Georgia on my Mind: To Beat a Frontrunner

Georgia. In Al Gore’s lifetime the state had gone through a political metamorphosis, and back again, and now his political future could well hang on the state. One week ago a southern primary had propelled his candidacy into viability, and now a southern primary might just send it into the stratosphere. There could be no rest over the next seven days. No stone left unturned for votes. It would take the entire campaign’s effort, but if Georgia could be won, so could any state. For the next seven days Al Gore would have one thing on his mind: Georgia.

In the leadup to the Georgia Primary, the Gore Campaign had finally coalesced around its messaging for this final push: He was the only candidate that could win. He was the only candidate who could continue to restore America’s faith in her democracy, protect voting rights, and go toe to toe with figures like Vladimir Putin around the world. He was the only candidate with concrete plans that could actually pass through the closely divided congress that was bound to be elected in 2024. Al Gore was the only serious statesman in the race.

The Gore Campaign would, like in its final kickoffs in South Carolina and New Hampshire, begin with a large rally in Atlanta. While the campaign would fight for every vote from the Appalachian foothills down to Savannah, Atlanta and her suburbs would decide this race, one way or another, and this would require organization. Luckily for the Gore Campaign, Georgia had been one of the first states they had decided to compete in, and their roots in the state ran deep. All through the winter they had been turning out supporters to early vote, and with momentum coming their way after South Carolina, they were rapidly able to ramp up the voter turnout operation, especially as organizers flooded into the state from South Carolina and then New Hampshire. As the Gore Campaign toured Atlanta and her expanding suburbs, Gore organizers canvassed, recruited volunteers, and got folks the polls while engaging in an intensive GOTV and persuasion campaign.

February 7th, 2024: “I Don’t Care who the Republicans Nominate…We’ll Whip Them”

Source: National Catholic Reporter

As the pieces fell into place for a Gore victory on Tuesday, on February 7th, Al Gore strode onto the stage in Grant Park to address the crowd of thousands and launch the final push for victory in Georgia.

Ladies and gentlemen…it is good to be back in Georgia! I have been all over the country these past seven months, but let me tell you, I always look forward to coming back to Atlanta. There is something special about being back in the South, being home. But it also reminds me of what we are fighting for in this election. No one needs to remind you all of what’s at stake in this election. Our rights are on the line, the rights that we all have spent the better part of 300 years fighting for are on the chopping block. Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security are under attack. Voting rights are under fire across the country. You saw right here what happens when you lose a close race - Republicans took a hatchet to the inalienable rights of Georgians. We cannot afford to let that happen this year.

I know what the Republicans are gonna throw at us this fall. They’re gonna turn out every dirty trick, filing lawsuits, keeping people from voting, and spouting God knows what on Fox News. I’ve been subject to it once. I’m ready to tackle it head on. I don’t care who Republicans nominate, but when I’m the nominee, let me tell you, we’ll whip them.

But let’s be clear, this election is more than just winning. It is about what the Democratic Party can offer to the American people. We can no longer rely on this Court to protect our rights, that much is clear and the Democratic Party must make a new Voting Rights Act a reality. I will call Congress into session if I have to, in order to pass a new Voting Rights Act. If the states won’t respect your god given rights, then the federal government will. We need a candidate who will fight for every American’s rights and let me tell you, I know these fights aren’t easy. Halfway through the 20th century, when my father saw that thousands of his fellow Tennesseans were forced to obey Jim Crow laws, he knew America could do better.  He fought against the Southern Manifesto and for voting rights. He taught me all my life that that was what really counted. You cannot fold up when the going gets tough, no! You buckle down and you do what’s right. That’s what my father did, that’s what I did as Vice President and that is what I pledge to do as your President.

I believe in America. I believe that our best days are ahead of us, all we have to do is rise up and meet the challenge, and that is what we are going to do on January 20th next year when we’ve won this election. Thank you Atlanta! God bless Georgia and God bless the United States of America!

With the raucous Atlanta kickoff behind him, Al Gore took the suburbs, hosting meet and greets throughout Gwinnett, Cherokee, and Forsyth counties. Passing through these suburbs, the Vice President continued to stake himself as the mainstream, electable choice in this election, focusing on his plans for American renewal, investment into renewable energy, and his experience working with Congress. He continued to tout his push for a new Voting Rights Act.

February 8th, 2024 - February 9th 2024: “Rubber to the Road”
Source: The Atlantic

The next day would see another tour through the Atlanta suburbs, this time with rallies and events in Cobb, Douglas and Fayette counties. Again the Gore message was clear: he could win this election. He could work with Congress to protect and expand President Biden’s legacy. He was the experienced statesman ready to lead. In Marietta, the Vice President laid out his vision for the future.

I’m proud to be a Democrat. I also have been. We are the party of working people, not of special interests. We are the party of protecting civil rights. We are the party of fighting climate change. But if we are going to govern, if we are actually going to get done what we promise every election to get done, we have to nominate a candidate who can not only win, but who can take a Democratic Congress with him, and who can work with that Democratic Congress to make our big ideas a reality. As a Senator and as a Vice President I learned first hand how to work with Congress. I worked with Bill Clinton to get real reforms through a hostile Congress, I worked with Republicans to rein in President Reagan. I’ve got the knowhow to put rubber to the road and get these bills enacted.

The remainder of the day and Friday would be spent holding events and rallies throughout Fayette, Clayton and Henry Counties. Meeting with local Democratic clubs, civic groups, and volunteers at his own offices Gore hammered home his electability message time and time again. For these Georgia Democrats, and indeed for southern Democrats generally, what happened when you voted for the unelectable candidate was clear: your rights were whittled away.

February 10th, 2024: “Make Your Vote Count”
Source: Climate Reality Project

With the first Atlanta campaign push completed, the Gore team elected to spend Saturday hitting the mid-sized cities throughout the state. While dwarfed by Atlanta’s massive population, these cities, namely Athens, Columbus, Macon, Augusta and Savannah still had over 10% of the primary voters, and could provide the key to victory in a close race. The Vice President, joined by John Barrow, and where relevant local endorsers, intended to hit all of them in a whirlwind sprint through the Peach State. In Athens, Gore reiterated his progressive bonafides on climate change and civil rights. Passing through Columbus and Macon the Vice President expanded on this message, hammering home more intensely his message of small town revitalization in stops outside the cities. The Vice President did not expect to take much of the vote in this part of the state, but keeping the margins down here would be crucial. Al Gore’s sweep through these cities and small towns around them had the crucial impact of revitalizing the field program here. Reaching Augusta in the late afternoon, the Vice President also began to make his pitch to Merkley, Gillibrand and Whitmer voters in the final days of the race, making sure their voters understood that a split field would help no one.

You know, my advisors never want me to complement the other candidates, but we really do have some terrific candidates in this race, and that is terrific, not just for the party but for the country. And let me tell you, I get the desire to vote your heart on Tuesday I do, especially for the caliber of candidates that we have got running this year, but like it or not, the race in Georgia is down to three. And you’ve got to make your vote count, you’ve got to make sure your vote is as impactful as possible. Support the candidate you want to win this state who can actually win this state.

Following a late night rally in Savannah, the Vice President returned to Atlanta for the final push.

February 11th, 2024 - February 12, 2024: “The Future is…Something that We Make for Ourselves”
Source: Liberty Science Center

Sunday morning the Vice President attended church services in an Atlanta Southern Baptist Church and after brunch and a meeting with Fulton County civic and Democratic leaders, began his penultimate swing through the Atlanta Metro. Sunday would be characterized by a sprint through DeKalb and Fulton Counties, energizing the field program in the area and evening joining canvassers for an afternoon shift. That evening the Vice President would cap off the day with a major rally in DeCatur.

Monday arrived as the last chance, and would start with events at 10:00 AM in Cobb County and run until a 7:00 PM rally in Atlanta. Throughout the day Vice President Gore met voters, rallied the field program, and prepared for a restless night. As he strode before the screaming crowd, he was ready to deliver his final message.

In our democracy, the future is not something that just happens to us, it's something that we make for ourselves together. I grew up before LBJ’s war on poverty, before the Civil Rights Act and the Voting Rights Act. My mother grew up in poverty in West Tennessee, and remembered the days before the New Deal. My father grew up in a tiny town in Central Tennessee and put himself through night school. I know very well what it looks like when the government hangs you out to dry. When the government doesn’t work to protect democracy all across the country or to lift people out of poverty or to fight for Civil Rights. I know what’s at stake. This country needs leadership that is ready to renew and protect the American promise forged in the New Deal and the Civil Rights movement: that everyone has a place here. That your rights are yours and no one else's. That the government will protect you when your rights are under attack.

I don’t buy into the pessimism of the other candidates. Yes, the challenges before us are great, but I believe in America. I believe in American democracy. And I believe in you all. There has not yet been a challenge too great for Americans to overcome, and together we can certainly triumph over whatever comes over that horizon. Thank you all very much.

February 13th, 2024: One Thing on his Mind

As primary day arrived, the Vice President launched a handful of canvass launches throughout the day and then settled into the Atlanta Headquarters to await the final results. He had one thing on his mind.
YPestis25

Political Matrix

« Reply #389 on: January 24, 2023, 02:31:32 AM »

Al Gore Ad: Legacy
Source: NYT

Pictures of Al Gore's Parents Flash Across the Screen

My mother and father grew up in small, poor towns in Tennessee. They worked all their lives. They saw the Great Depression and the Civil Rights Movement, the Moon Landing and the Vietnam War. My mother lost her job during the Great Depression and my father was booted out of Congress for supporting Civil Rights. They taught me to stand up for the little guy. They taught me to fight for what was right, even if it meant being unpopular. They both inspired me to devote my life to public service and to give back to your country.

Camera Shifts to Al Gore Speaking Directly to the Audience

I thought I was done with politics. I was tired and I was frustrated. And then 2016 happened, and January 6th happened, and reproductive healthcare came under attack, and I knew what my parents would have wanted me to do. I am running for President because I couldn’t bear to stand idly by while our democracy withered and our rights slipped away.

I am running for President because I could not stand to let the country that I love turn into something that I don’t recognize. I am running for President because I know you all understand the stakes of this election as much as I do. I am running for President to make sure that our legacy will not be that of  the Americans that gave up on democracy, but instead that of the Americans who saved it.

I’m Al Gore and I approve this message.

*To air in all Georgia media markets.*
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #390 on: January 24, 2023, 02:59:21 AM »

Roger Stone New Hampshire Concession Speech

Wow! This crowd is incredible! Thank you all, thank you all so much!

I wanted to say, first off, that I've congratulated Governor Youngkin over the phone for a hard-fought victory. But, you know, we sure scared the hell out of them tonight, didn't we? *cheers and applause*

This may not have been a first place victory, although we were just a few points away from one. This was close, make no mistake. What you proved beyond doubt tonight, New Hampshire, was a clear victory for us as the leaders of the conservative movement! *cheers*

Tonight says it all: If we conservatives were united, we would have blown away Governor Youngkin and Governor DeSantis. United we stand, divided we fall. We need to have a leader with the guts, the stamina, and the fortitude to fight this battle and take it all the way. I'll humbly say that I've proven my chops over the course of this campaign. *laughter*

Over these coming weeks, we will do the hard work of bringing people together, uniting conservatives and this party. We will take it to the establishment cronies and special interests who are trying everything to stifle the American people's will. Lemme tell ya, the anger and passion that many Americans have is palpable. We saw much of that over this past week.

There are many folks I'd like to thank tonight. I'd like to thank all the truckers and bikers who showed up to make a courageous statement for this country. I'd like to thank the wide array of conservative voices who have come along for the ride and barnstorming this beautiful state in the final stretch. Most of all, I'd like to thank the tens of thousands of proud, patriotic New Hampshirites who stormed the polls and showed the political world just what a force we are. You all are part of a transformative movement in American history.

Together, we forge the path to taking back our country! We're heading straight to Nevada with a fistful of dollars, and we're going to walk out with a victory! Thank you all and God bless these amazing United States!
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #391 on: January 24, 2023, 01:22:14 PM »

Gillibrand Remarks at St. James Episcopal Chapel

Accessed via Imgur

During her time spent in Michigan in the leadup to their primary, Senator Kirsten Gillibrand spoke at St. James Episcopal Chapel to speak about the importance of closeness, community, and action to a congregation of about 150 people. Speaking at the church to a congregation consistent of mostly African Americans with a sizable white minority, the Senator said the following in an excerpt:

When we read at the Bible, as I have and I'm positive many of you have, we have to look at the importance of community and belonging which Jesus preaches. The necessity to be humble, to help those who need it, and to always give rather than take are ideals that we, as a country and as a people, should adhere to. Many of us tithe, including myself, but we also need to go beyond that. As a nation, we must give back to the people who work so hard to keep us running. I know many of you in this room probably have a job that's in or related to the steel, automobile, or any other type of manufacturing industry. I first, want to applaud you for your hard work. You are the backbone of our nation and you keep the wheels on our economy turning. I applaud you, and I'm here to fight for you. However, I'm sure many of you have your doubts either about me, my competitors, or the Government. I understand you. Listen, I'm from a small town in upstate New York where the number of farm animals outnumbers those of Democrats. People distrust the Government, and a lot of times it's for good reason. I mean, our nation has done little to address the institutionalized racism in our justice system, the homeless epidemic, support for our veterans, and even childcare and healthcare. We're lagging behind other countries, and it's rubbing off on the way even our own people see us. As a Senator, I've done everything I can to pass progressive, common sense legislation which would work to benefit millions of Americans through different means. I've got a track record of working with everyone, despite their party, and I've been committed to the fight for a long time. I understand you, I empathize with you, and I promise to you that I will do everything I can to restore that trust that you've lost in the Government. However, I ask you to trust me. I ask you to trust me because we not only have to deliver on the word of God, but we also must deliver action. Jesus allowed the blind to see, the crippled to walk, and the hurt to heal. Now, I can't do any of that on my own, but I sure can work to make this country lead all others in quality, affordable healthcare. We've got a big fight ahead of us. I'm just hoping that you can put your faith in me.
YPestis25

Political Matrix

« Reply #392 on: January 24, 2023, 02:49:42 PM »

Gorementum goes Nationwide:

With the primary campaign about to go national, the Gore Campaign will begin using its extensive endorsement list to begin developing organizations in states across the country, particularly in the upcoming Super Tuesday Primary States.

Surrogate Schedule:
Georgia:
Former Representative John Barrow: Barrow will over the next week host various events and turn out the vote throughout the coastal plain of Georgia and in particular throughout his old congressional district. The messaging here will focus on the Vice President’s plan for rural and small town America. In addition, Barrow will hammer home the efforts at voter consolidation, encouraging Merkley, Whitmer and Gillibrand supporters to back Gore in Georgia so that their candidates have a shot in other states nationwide.

Virginia:
Senator Tim Kaine: Senator Kaine will be appointed co-chair of Gore’s Virginia campaign and will begin meeting with local elected officials throughout the state, cultivating relationships and encouraging them to support Vice President Gore ahead of the Virginia primary. Senator Kaine will focus these efforts primarily on Northern Virginia and the DC suburbs.
Virginia Congressman Bobby Scott: Congressman Scott will be appointed co-chair of Gore’s Virginia campaign and will focus his efforts on Southside and Richmond, again cultivating relationships with elected officials and prepping the organization to kick into gear ahead of the primary.

Arizona:
Senator Mark Kelly: Senator Kelly will be appointed chair of Gore’s Arizona campaign. Arizona is a must win state in the west, particularly to defeat perceptions of the Vice President’s weakness with western voters. Kelly will help jump start the Gore team in the state and will again lobby elected officials in the Phoenix and Tucson areas to back the Vice President.

Colorado:
Senator John Hickenlooper: Senator Hickenlooper will be appointed Chair of the Gore Colorado campaign, and using his connections as both Senator and Former Governor of the state will begin to build the Gore organization in the state, holding events, and building connections with local elected officials.

Tennessee:
Tennessee Congressman Steve Cohen: Congressman Cohen, as expected, will head up the Gore Tennessee Campaign. While Tennessee should be a strong victory for the Gore team it is important to drive up the margins there and get as many delegates as possible out of the state, so Cohen will work to develop a rudimentary field team in Nashville and Memphis as well as ensure that Gore’s financial ties to the state continue to allow for funds to come into the campaign.

North Carolina:
North Carolina Governor Roy Cooper: Governor Cooper will be appointed as Chair of the Gore Campaign in North Carolina. He will focus on getting endorsements for Gore from elected officials in Charlotte, Raleigh-Durham and Asheville.

Louisiana:
Former Governor John Bel Edwards and Former Governor Mary Landrieu: These two officials with Co-Chair the Gore Campaign in Louisiana and focus on appealing to the rural Democrats who powered both of these candidates’ victories as well as working to rally as much of whatever is left of establishment Democrats in the state around Vice President Gore.

Alabama:
Former Alabama Senator Doug Jones: Former Senator Jones will head up the Gore efforts in Alabama, working to improve the Vice President’s standing in the state, which despite an expected loss on Super Tuesday, will be important for delegate math.

Texas:
Texas Congressman Lloyd Doggett: Congressman Doggett will head up Gore’s efforts in the Lone Star State, fundraising and meeting with officials in Austin, Houston, Dallas and the Valley.

California:
Governor Gavin Newsom: Governor Newsom will have a prominent position in the Gore Campaign both nationally and in his home state of California. For the moment however, Governor Newsom will be appointed Chair of the Gore Campaign in California. Much like Alabama it is almost certain that Kamala Harris will take this state on Super Tuesday, but the margins here are important particularly for the delegate math. Newsom will use his connections in the state to kickstart the Gore organization and to rally his endorsements and support behind Vice President Gore. He will bring Gorementum to the state of California, hopefully allowing Vice President Gore to keep the delegate spread low.
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #393 on: January 24, 2023, 03:10:25 PM »

Gillibrand Surrogate Schedule

Accessed via Imgur

New York
Governor Kathy Hochul, Representative Paul Tonko, and Representative Yvette Clarke actively campaigned for Senator Gillibrand in the Empire State during her absence while campaigning in Michigan. Governor Hochul, who's somewhat unpopular statewide but has a strong base of support with upstate wealthy women, attended house parties and hosted fundraisers for Senator Gillibrand. Representative Tonko actively courted members of the New York Legislature and other elites in and around the Albany area to support, especially financially, Senator Gillibrand's campaign. Representative Clarke, being based in New York City, attended office openings for Senator Gillibrand's campaign, marched in parades, and worked with volunteers going door to door for Senator Gillibrand. The campaign is counting on winning the state of New York when it's primary is held, so the strong showing of support at home is, and has been pivotal to Gillibrand's home state success.

Virginia
Representative Jennifer Wexton, a daughter of northern Virginia, was the main surrogate for the Gillibrand campaign in the state. Criss crossing the state from Virginia Beach to Richmond to Fairfax, Representative Wexton spread Senator Gillibrand's name throughout democratic electorates which transcended race, class, ethnicity, and gender. Wexton's position as a suburban mom allowed her to make appeals to the demographic on behalf of Senator Gillibrand as it is perhaps her main base of support and her key to victory in states like Virginia and Maryland.

Massachusetts
Governor Maura Healey devoted much of her time to pushing forward the name of Kirsten Gillibrand in Massachusetts. Holding surrogate speaking events in Downtown Boston, speaking at universities like Harvard, Emerson, BU, and Boston College, the Governor advanced a progressive agenda full of name-dropping for Senator Gillibrand. The Governor is extremely popular in democratic circles and will be pivotal to the Senator's success in Massachusetts come Super Tuesday.

Texas
After endorsing Senator Gillibrand in a crowd of hundreds, Beto O'Rourke took the fight of "Brave Wins" across the Lone Star Star. During his campaigns for Governor and Senate, he visited every single county in Texas, quite a feat. He committed to visiting numerous counties and cities of interest which could prove to have a large base of support for Senator Gillibrand, including urban and suburban areas. Hitting hard in the Austin metro area, Beto O'Rourke was joined by people like Rep. Lloyd Doggett (who hasn't officially endorsed Gillibrand) and Rep. Sheila Jackson-Lee (who also hasn't endorsed Gillibrand). Although the other two hadn't endorsed Gillibrand, Former Rep. O'Rourke spoke openly in support of the Senator's campaign, rallied support, and even pointed out that during his speech about the Senator Rep. Doggett and Jackson-Lee were nodding their heads - earning a laugh and a wink from the two. Senator Gillibrand responded on Twitter to the acknowledgement by saying:

"Y'all are always welcome at Team Gillibrand HQ @RepLloydDoggett & @JacksonLeeTX18"

The Texas campaign was in full swing and money was pouring in.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #394 on: January 24, 2023, 08:34:18 PM »

February Pt. 3

Month's Theme: Made in America (South Carolina Edition)

In the immediate aftermath of the New Hampshire primary, the Lake campaign stormed into South Carolina, bringing with it an army of surrogates and fellow travelers. The campaign spent the next two weeks in a fever pitched race across the state, touring small towns, visiting churches in the low country, and rallying in Spartansburg, Columbia, and Charleston. Lake drew on her experience as a local news anchor to hold large rallies that attracted longtime Republican and conservative voters. She promised to be a breath of fresh air in a Washington that desperately needed America First leadership to break the Biden-Harris agenda.

The Lake campaign poured its resources into the state, placing 5 new ads on TV touting Lake's plan for taking back control for average Americans. Lake hoped to tap into popular discontent among conservatives who distrusted Washington having more control of their education, their livelihoods, and of their values.

To that end, Lake torched Ron DeSantis as bought and paid for by woke corporations and by the Washington elite. In equal measure, however, Lake emphasized the need to fight for Christian values in a Washington that often ignored them.

The Lake team worked around the clock over the next two weeks. South Carolina was absolutely crucial to the campaign's momentum, and Lake put on a dazzling fireworks display at her final rally on primary day in Charleston.
John King wannabe
AshtonShabazz

« Reply #395 on: January 24, 2023, 08:40:05 PM »

For the People: Midnight Train to Georgia

Riding high off of the endorsements of Jon Ossoff and Stacey Abrams, Vice President Harris embarked on her Georgia primary campaigning sweep, holding townhalls, doing rallies and knocking on doors with volunteers. The Vice President has also popped into multiple college campuses, shopping malls and restaurants to meet voters saying she will do everything she can to earn and gain any vote she can get.

Ground Game
Buoyed by these endorsements in fact, the Vice President is appearing in nearly every major and semi-major city in Georgia. Shaking hands and chatting with especially older black voter. The campaign finally settled on a message before the Georgia primary. Although "For the People" had done it's fair share and got the campaign far in the primary, now it was time to breath in a new breath of fresh air into the campaign. So the campaign emerged on "A President you Can Trust". After running through several themes with several focus groups this was the theme that polled the most well. So the campaign began printing the purple and orange campaign memorabilia to be handed out at every Harris campaign event and sold on the kamalaharris.org online campaign store.

With the message locked down, and the Vice President out campaigning, the Georgia portion of the campaign began buffing up it's ground game. They began to schedule shuttle buses to get voters to the polls who do not have a reliable mode of transportation. Setting up a voter protection hotline to ensure that anyone who wants to vote and is legally able to vote can vote for whichever candidate they choose. The Vice President has also done the dirty work herself with registering young voters to vote and ensuring they know where to vote. The Vice President has prided herself on this strategy of personally reaching out to voters and believes that in the long run it will eventually pay off.

Abrams, Ossoff, and Bishop, oh my!
The Vice President also hasn't hesitated to bust out the bigger endorsements in the Georgia area. Appearing regularly with either Senator Ossoff, Stacey Abrams or Congressman Sanford Bishop in the Macon and Columbus areas of his district. The Vice President is utilizing these endorsements to her advantage saying quote; "If we have a coalition of Ossoff, Abrams, and Bishop voters, we are gonna win and I am hoping that they help our campaign out"

The Vice President is also using the current United States Senator and his connections to John Lewis to her advantage. In nearly every speech or visit he has made in Georgia on behalf of Vice President Harris he has invoked his friendship with John Lewis and how he once used to work for the Congressman and civil rights icon. The same has gone for Stacey Abrams with a recurring theme emerging from the pair: John Lewis would've backed Kamala. This theme particularly centered on black voters in the state who will almost certainly will decide the winner of the contest in the coming days.

Veep vs. Veep
The current Vice President's campaign has slowly but surely grown threatened by the former Vice President's campaign. With him gaining ground in polling and slowly cutting into the Southern block the campaign knows is necessary for any candidate to win the nomination. Thus through soft messaging not directly used by the Vice President, the campaign has begun to paint Former Vice President Gore as "dated" and "an 90's blue dog Democrat out of touch with the modern Democratic party"

Although the Vice President has strayed from attacking her other candidates she has made veiled shots at Gore saying; "You cannot say you are best equipped to win, when the last real election you were in over 20 years ago, you lost" which drew the expected "ooo's" and cheers from the crowd. When questioned about the remark from reporters at the event the Vice President deferred to her advisors and aides in the press section of the event which told reporter; "The current and incumbent Vice President's campaign is all about speaking truth and she is not going to shy away from that even if it rubs some people the wrong way."

Final Push
With the primary approaching and the Vice President feeling confident about her chances in Georgia the campaign deployed their GOTV strategy. Tying the Vice President as close as possible to President Biden in an effort to energize the older black voters who supported Joe Biden 4 years prior, making sure voters are registered to vote, ramping up their ad campaigns in all networks and sending Vice President Harris anywhere and everywhere in the state.

The Vice President has hit her stride in these events many of her advisors believe. Passionate in her message and confident in her chances, the campaign is hopeful that a win in Georgia will finally put an end to any "Gorementum" talk in the media and once again show the Democratic party who is the real standard bearer.
YPestis25

Political Matrix

« Reply #396 on: January 24, 2023, 09:28:46 PM »

Source: Tweetgen
John King wannabe
AshtonShabazz

« Reply #397 on: January 24, 2023, 10:13:40 PM »

YPestis25

Political Matrix

« Reply #398 on: January 24, 2023, 10:24:27 PM »
« Edited: January 24, 2023, 10:28:53 PM by YPestis25 »

Gore Campaign Hits back at Vice President Harris

Politico
February 12th, 2024

Washington had been waiting for the Democratic primary contenders to finally take the kid gloves off, and in the last few days that has happened. Following Vice President Harris’ jabs at Vice President Gore, several Gore surrogates shot back at Harris, calling into question her record and electoral experience. While Vice President Gore is expected to stay above the fray for now, this new spat is expected to inaugurate a new phase in the increasingly competitive Democratic primary.

Being interviewed by a local television station in northern Georgia, John Bel Edwards, sounding the starting gun, pointedly asked, “If Vice President Harris wants to talk about the past so much, why can’t she explain why she let bankers like Steve Mnuchin off the hook for illegally foreclosing on tens of thousands of Californians? Al Gore is more than happy to talk about his record in the 90s when this country experienced unparalleled prosperity, we’re still waiting for any sort of explanation about Vice President Harris’s record. ”

Meanwhile, Steve Cohen was heard commenting to supporters in Atlanta that, “Look I respect Vice President Harris, but she has yet to tell us how you can be progressive while throwing 1,500 people in jail for smoking a little pot - what is going on here? If you want to talk about out of touch, sheesh.”

However, the Gore Campaign took the most umbrage with the Harris campaign's attacks on Al Gore's father with Mary Landrieu criticizing the tenor of Vice President Harris’s campaign in a stop in Savannah, Georgia. “If you want to attack a candidate, that’s fair game, but I really think the unfounded attack on Al’s father is uncalled for. Leave the family out of it, particularly a man’s father who lost his Senate seat fighting for Civil Rights in the 1960s.”

While Vice President Gore's Press Secretary commented that the candidate "has tried to keep his campaign positive," there appears to be growing relish to take the fight to a campaign which is widely understood by Gore insiders to have broken the unofficial truce in the Democratic primary.
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #399 on: January 24, 2023, 10:32:00 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length