What Comes After: A 2024 Game (Gameplay-PAUSED)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:51:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  What Comes After: A 2024 Game (Gameplay-PAUSED)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 22
Author Topic: What Comes After: A 2024 Game (Gameplay-PAUSED)  (Read 17977 times)
John King wannabe
AshtonShabazz

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #225 on: January 09, 2023, 09:39:15 PM »

For the People: Sweet Home...Nevada?

With a series of townhalls and small voter events across the South and a few select ones in Midwestern states, the Harris campaign turned their attention back to a state which they believe should be theirs in the first place.

Nevada.

The campaign long had put their hopes into Nevada to help them deliver another knockout after an expected win in South Carolina and what would be a rough night in New Hampshire. But seeing their position slipping by the day and candidates descending on the state seeing a potential opportunity to gain ground. The Vice President has decided to personally pay multiple visits to the state of Nevada in the coming weeks in October.

The Vice President has more especially payed special attention to the Latino community of Nevada, especially in the Clark County area of the state with cities such as Las Vegas and Carson City. The Vice President has begun courting the other 2 Nevada congressional representatives, Rep. Dina Titus and Rep. Susie Lee. Stressing her experience as Vice President and their closeness over helping navigate legislation through Congress.

The campaign is also preparing a series of ads shot exclusively in Spanish (with the Vice President having a limited Spanish speaking role). The campaign is preparing to air this ad across the state which they hope would give them a nice boost in the state. The campaign is also courting the Culinary Union which has a large sway with Democratic primary voters. Stressing the Vice President's commitment to the culinary union and their strong show of love to her during her 2020 campaign. Vice President Harris believes that there is a path to her gaining their endorsement.

Strategy moving forward
The campaign is still doubling down once again on South Carolina, pouring a solid amount of their resources into the state. They believe a strong showing in South Carolina will translate into strength in the rest of the country, so even if Nevada isn't a lock right now, a win in South Carolina will take them across the finish line off of their own momentum.

The campaign is also preparing a national internet ad buy with the Vice President hoping they appeal to more Gen-Z new voters. The Vice President is once again aiming to court black endorsers who supported Joe Biden in 2020, and although they will never explicitly will state it in public, painting the Vice President as a continuation of the Biden Presidency.

The campaign is confident in their chances, but they are hopeful that they don't burn out before they get to the finish line.
John King wannabe
AshtonShabazz

« Reply #226 on: January 09, 2023, 10:32:22 PM »

Kamala: For the People
Ad #1 = First, But Not Last: Aired in South Carolina, Nevada, Georgia

VOICEOVER: Kamala Harris, November 7, 2020

"And while I may be the first women in this office, I will not be the last..."

"Because every little girl, watching tonight, sees that this is a country of possibilities..."

"And to the children of our country regardless of your gender, our country has sent you a clear message..."

"Dream with ambition"

"Lead with conviction"

"And see yourselves in a way that others may not simply because they've never seen it before."

CUT TO: Kamala Harris talking to camera

HARRIS:
I'm Kamala Harris, and I approve this message to pave the way for a generation of Americans who believe anything is possible if they just put their mind to it. Go to KamalaHarris.org to join our campaign and I hope you will join us on this journey. For the People.

Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #227 on: January 09, 2023, 11:57:56 PM »
« Edited: January 10, 2023, 12:15:52 AM by Devout Centrist »

Statement from Kari Lake
Everyone is coming out against cutting social security folks. You love to see it. You love to see it.

What a difference a month makes. It’s like night and day. Night and day. I make a big speech about social security, and now everyone’s talking about it. Everyone. You remember what I said? What I said, back then, on this stage? No cuts. None. No cuts. No cuts to social security. No cuts to Medicare. Now we have Senators, the good ones, saying they won’t vote to cut it. That’s good news people. Good news. And I’m happy that, after I brought this issue up big time, they came out against cuts. They had the courage to come out against cuts. I made it an issue, and they knew they had to do the right thing. They had to do the right thing. They had to, or they knew the consequences. What people would say. What people would do.

This is why I had to speak out against the cuts. The media, who is very wrong on social security, keeps calling it an entitlement. “Oh, how are we gonna fix this entitlement crisis? How are we gonna fix it? We can’t have social security. We can’t have it.” Let me tell you: seniors are not entitled. Entitlement, you know, that’s a bum living off unemployment in mommy’s basement. That’s entitlement. Working your entire life, breaking your back, to earn a living? That’s entitlement? It’s disgusting that they would even suggest it. Would even suggest it. You said that back in the day, and they’d knock you upside the head. Unbelievable. This is why you can’t trust woke billionaires people. They try to divide you with all this In This House nonsense, and then they make shady deals to cut social security. It’s disgraceful.

We are not cutting social security folks. We are not cutting Medicare. We are going to protect seniors, we’re gonna help the people who worked their entire lives to have social security. That’s my view, and I’m sticking to it.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #228 on: January 10, 2023, 03:30:42 AM »
« Edited: January 10, 2023, 03:34:31 AM by Senator Spiral »

Deconstruction of the Administrative State

Putting more money in Americans' hands. Getting government out of the way. Those have been some longstanding conservative mantras, although there have been fewer advocates for the cause that are as eclectic as Roger J. Stone. As Stone and the other candidates enter the final stretch before primaries begin in earnest, the longtime political consultant sharpened and articulated his own economic message—as well as his ultimate goal of the "deconstruction of the administrative state," as confidant Steve Bannon has put it.

The message would be easily digestible, not to mention highly flashy and ambitious. It would also strongly appeal to the fiscal conservatives and libertarians in the party who have been routinely ignored by the rhetoric from opponents. Even while doing this, Stone would maintain his Trumpist integrity by standing firm against cutting entitlement programs.

At a publicized address headlining a FreedomWorks event in Manchester, NH, Stone dived headfirst into the direction he would like to see America:

Live Free or Die! Who better than Roger Stone to represent the proud people of New Hampshire?

We've seen a lot of talk from my fellow candidates about how they'll claim to help you and the economy. There are some nice ideas mixed in, to be fair. But, more often than not, I think a lot of them are missing the big picture. They talk about cutting taxes in broad brushes, but they don't seem to acknowledge how the whole tax system is built to rob us blind. They put nice ribbons and bows on stopping government abuse, but they won't dare to press the brakes and put some reform with real meat to it.

Over my many years of fighting for conservative causes, I've been disappointed by the opportunities that came and went because we weren't bold enough. I know the system better than anyone, and I know exactly what it takes to knock these bastards down on behalf of we the people. So, let's get started.

The same IRS that makes a fortune off of our fortunes, audits us for the most frivolous of reasons, and doesn't even do their basic job right will not have a friend in a Stone administration. In fact, I intend to abolish the IRS. And, yes, the whole damn income tax will be going away as well. *cheers*

What do we replace them with? A short and sweet sales tax, 15%. You can fill it out on one page. Better yet, the middle class and less fortunate will receive exemptions for basic goods that will offset any regressive effects. That's more money coming to you and your families, your hard earned money. Everybody wins under Stone.

When people talk about the Deep State, they're not always so secret as you might think. They gloat about all the levers they have at their disposal to spy on you, track you down, go after your livelihoods, and even worse. This happened to me, it's happening to President Trump now, and I can't begin to detail the countless others. It's all rooted in the most corrupt of systems, and we've got to dismantle it top to bottom. As President, I will use every possible executive tool to squash and throw out the political hacks in our agencies. I'm talking about the DOJ, FBI, CIA, NSA, you have it. They have to be cleansed from the inside and be left with our best and brightest patriots.

That's only the beginning of our long, hard struggle, though. The truth is that our government is so bloated and rampant that it requires permanent structural fixes. That's why I'm calling for a new, 21st century Constitutional Convention under Article V. We would have a once-in-a-lifetime shot at actually dismantling the worst elements of this rogue state. This will be a government  finally accountable to us, made by us. I call upon all of my fellow candidates to join me on making our leaders act immediately. Getting this done will take electing a few more Republicans in a few more states, but we will get there.

With God and liberty on our side, we will prevail!

Immediately after the address, Stone incorporated these themes into his stump speech regularly throughout the fall and winter. Stone would be the candidate who most thoroughly taps into the economic anxieties of voters living paycheck to paycheck, seeing their hard earned dollars eaten away by inflation, and perpetually stressed by how much the feds claim the money that should instead go to their own families. At the same time, Stone also builds up credibility in those who wish to see the whole system burn down by the hands of a fellow victim.

This also opened the door for a more aggressive push on sympathetic institutional support. In addition to FreedomWorks, other large organizations that received strong pitches from the Stone camp included Americans for Prosperity, Club for Growth, Americans for Tax Reform, and Tea Party Patriots. Jim DeMint, a former president of the Heritage Foundation who now founded the Citizens for Self-Governance group (focused on the Constitutional Convention that Stone favors), had a prominent meeting with the candidate in South Carolina. Another was with former House Speaker Newt Gingrich, a revolutionary in his own right who intimately understands the process of dismantling systems of old.

On the grassroots side, the Stone campaign sees prime opportunity to absorb the remnants of the Tea Party movement. One example of this was the public courting of Sarah Palin, who still maintains her loyal fans. The libertarian movement goes without saying as another target for strong appeals. Within New Hampshire, Roger Stone has been going into overdrive to earn the endorsement and coordination of the Free State Project, devoted to making the state a libertarian haven and boasting a sizable number of local legislators under their belt. Nevada also sees much of this activity, as its libertine nature is fertile ground for the anti-tax and anti-state fervor through its sparse rural lands. Slowly but surely, Iowa would see some more investment on these fronts as well.
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« Reply #229 on: January 10, 2023, 06:55:16 PM »

October/November 2023

Mayor Adams held another series of events in Nevada and California, together with his surrogate (and Spanish speaker) Ruben Diaz Jr. During this time he met with various federal and state representatives of whom he's seeking the endorsement, and also with leaders of Nevada unions such as the Culinary Union. The latter is of course contended with many other Democratic hopefuls, but the Adams teams believes it has some key advantages like his working class background and no-nonsense image or his clear support for community institutions compared to more technocratic or ideological candidates. A theme that was especially emphasized in his rallies in the Los Angeles area was his heavy-handed approach to homelessness, which has often been criticized but reflects the views of many in urban areas on the West Coast.

An excerpt from Nevada:

We will fight for ordinary people like you. Lucharemos, seguiremos luchando por los derechos de los trabajadores y por los sindicatos. Licencia familiar! Salario mínimo a 15 dólares la hora! Ya hay buenos proyectos de ley pero es dificil que pasen enseguida. Lucharemos por la atención médica aquesible mientras protegemos planes sindacales. Esta es una verdadera plataforma demócrata, una plataforma radicalmente práctica. This is the Adams platform!

Later he visited again South Carolina in time for the second Democratic debate, but spending the previous days campaigning in what is the state where he's set up the most offices, and seeking among others the key endorsement of State House Minority Leader Todd Rutherford, one of the most significant Democratic officeholders in the state.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #230 on: January 10, 2023, 08:04:44 PM »

1. Under President Biden America has witnessed a shocking border crisis, with total madness and chaos as thousands of people and unlimited drugs, fentanyl, cocaine, pours into the United States. What steps will you take to bring this crisis under control, and also, how do you approach immigration in general? Do we need controls on all immigration?
I am the daughter of Indian immigrants, and I know that we are a nation of immigrants, but we are also a nation of laws.  Immigrants who want to come into our country should come legally, not illegally.  Every immigrant who attempts to cross our northern or southern border should be checked for legal status and deported immediately if they lack the proper documentation.  However, I do not think we should place any restrictions on legal immigration.  Every person who wants to come to this country for a better life should be welcomed as long as they do it legally, just like my parents were.  The Biden Administration has no desire to fix our broken immigration system.  As President, I will work with Congress to simplify our legal immigration process so that there is less incentive for immigrants to come illegally.  I would also establish a Border Task Force to examine other possible solutions to the illegal immigration crisis.

2. Raise your hand if you support cost-controlling reforms to entitlement programs that Senate and House Republicans such as Scott Perry and Jim Jordan are supporting. (You may write one sentence)
I would need further information about the legislation in question, therefore I cannot raise my hand at this time.

You're a strong supporter of the State of Israel. Do you support meeting with controversial Israeli Security Minister Itamar Ben-Gvir as a part of diplomatic discussions with Israel?
Unfortunately, I can't give a straight answer to that question because I would need to know the nature of the discussions that Israel is proposing.  If they include issues that are directly within Ben-Gvir's purview, then I would be open to doing so.  However, it would be reckless and dishonest of me to say definitively whether or not I would support it without knowing all the details.

3. Do you support continued monetary and weapons aide to Ukraine in their fight against Putin's Russia?
I unequivocally support continuing the supply of money and arms to Ukraine to defend against the Russian invasion.  Ukraine is fragile democracy that has been unjustly and illegally invaded by a dictator.  If we do not act, this conflict could potentially descend into World War III. And a threat to freedom anywhere is a threat to freedom everywhere.  However, I do not support the addition of American ground troops unless absolutely necessary. One of the things I saw up close and personal as UN Ambassador is that you can't crawl under a rock and pretend the rest of the world doesn't matter to America.  We need a strong presence on the world stage where we and our allies can stand up for America's interests against bullies like Russia, China, North Korea, Iran and Palestine.  Unfortunately, some of my opponents here on this stage want us to retreat and surrender.
 Kari Lake railed against our efforts to liberate Iraq from Saddam Hussein, and it's because of that she voted for liberals like John Kerry and Barack Obama.  Senator Hawley is sympathetic to Putin and has said that he doesn't care what happens to Ukraine.  That's reckless and irresponsible
 America needs to lead the world in standing up for freedom and democracy everywhere.

4. What will you do to end the spread of Marxism, woke ideology, and Critical Race Theory in America's public schools?
Again, as the daughter of Indian immigrants, I know firsthand that systemic racism is not a serious obstacle in 21st century America.  I was the first woman and the first person of color to serve as Governor of South Carolina, a state that was the first to secede from the Union after Abraham Lincoln's election.  That fact alone demonstrates just how far our country has come on race.  Critical race theory denies that progress and wants to take us back to an era of race essentialism that is no different from what the racist Democrats of old espoused.  It seeks to reinstate racial segregation in the name of "decolonizing white spaces," and in doing so it violates the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as well as the equal protection guarantees of the Fifth and Fourteenth Amendments.  It is regressive, reactionary, racist and unconstitutional, and when I'm president I will direct the Department of Education on Day One to withhold funding from any school that teaches CRT or any concepts informed by it.  We need to teach our kids that the American Dream is real and that anything is possible for them in this country, and I know that because I've lived it.  I would also direct the Department to deny funding to schools that teach age-inappropriate curriculum about sexuality and gender.  Our kids should not be learning about sex and being encouraged to transition before they learn to read and write.  I will also work with Congress to pass legislation banning such woke curriculum from all American schools.

5. Do you believe that free trade is a net benefit for the American economy?
Yes, I believe free trade is a net benefit for the American economy.  That said, there are some countries, especially in the developing world where manufacturing costs are lower, that are trying to take advantage of us through our current trade deals.  We need to close those loopholes and keep free trade policies only with developed countries that are established American allies, such as Canada, the UK and Japan.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #231 on: January 11, 2023, 12:39:50 AM »

Excerpt from Lake town hall in Nashua, NH
I get a lot of calls from friends and family these days. They call me up, and they say, “Kari, you’re doing so good out there. You’re doing unbelievably well. The numbers, they’re like nothing anyone has ever seen! But you’re fighting a lot. You’re combative. You fight and fight. Why not take your foot off the gas pedal a bit? Why not tone it down a bit?”

And so, I hear what they’re saying, and I’m listening. I’m listening with both ears open. Wide open. I think for a second, and I say, “Tom, I’m a fighter. I’m a fighter. This country needs a fighter. This country needs someone who can lead. If times were good, if they were good, I’d be a lot nicer. But times aren’t good right now. The country is suffering tremendously under this terrible President and Vice President Kamala. We’re losing. We’re losing badly. We need a fighter right now, and that’s why I’m running.”

I’m an independent. I’m a Republican. I make my own decisions. You look at a lot of other candidates running right now, and they don’t think for themselves. They don’t make their own decisions. They go to Washington, and they get all the “right” ideas. The politically correct ideas. All those nonsense about amnesty for illegal immigrants, cutting social security, restricting the second amendment, you name it. They get it from Washington. That’s not leadership. That’s called being a follower.

I’ve been an outsider all my life. I’m from the middle of the country, and I know what nonsense looks like. We can’t have nonsense at a time like this. At a time when this country is losing, losing to inflation, to China, to the illegals, you name it. We need a fighter. And I’m going to fight like hell for you.
RGM2609
« Reply #232 on: January 11, 2023, 02:39:41 AM »

Gavin Newsom - For a Brighter Future

"The future we deserve" - ad airing in New Hampshire and Nevada

"Narrator: 20 years ago, the Republicans were fear-mongering against the LGBT community. Denying their right to marry. Denying their right to love.

Gavin Newsom saw that and took decisive action. In first days as Mayor, San Francisco became the first city in the Union to allow same-sex couples to marry. He was told by operatives that "it wasn't the right time", but for Gavin when he can do good, every time is right.

As President, he will do the same. Gavin is ready to fight for a bright future. He will fight for universal healthcare, a $15 minimum wage, the right to choose, the right of workers' to unionize, for lowering the cost of living and for marriage equality. Building the future we deserve: Gavin Newsom for President.

Gavin Newsom: I'm Gavin Newsom and I approve this message."
RGM2609
« Reply #233 on: January 11, 2023, 02:47:48 AM »

Gavin Newsom - For a Brighter Future

A new theme will slowly be introduced in Governor Newsom's campaign: electability. While this is also intended as an jab at Vice President Harris, he will do so subtly, by first of all highlighting the awfulness of the Republican candidates, especially that of the frontrunner, Governor DeSantis, and afterwards resorting to claim that he is the best bet to defeat the Republicans, claims propped up by his claimed ability to uniye the party and his resounding victories in California. "We can't nominate someone who can't win, the stakes are just too high" he will tell voters in New Hampshire and Nevada. He also pledged that, should he be nomimated, he will select a woman as his running mate.
oldkyhome
Rookie
United States

« Reply #234 on: January 11, 2023, 03:30:37 AM »
« Edited: January 11, 2023, 12:24:56 PM by oldkyhome »

Public Domain, via Hawley's Facebook page

A Synopsis for the Heating Campaign

The Summer months were excellent for Team Hawley. The early state ground-game has developed soundly, Hawley's polling numbers have risen both nationally and among crucial demographics, and momentum in the crucial Iowa caucus is on his side. There, some polls have Hawley as close as 2 points from nabbing DeSantis's 1st place spot. More and more, the pundit class and special interests are realizing that the Missouri Senator may just be the one to take on Vice President Harris in November, and it terrifies them. Their opposition teams are turning up the heat, cracking up false or misleading stories to halt his momentum, but our campaign is calling it out, forcefully, to sink it before it floats.

Within hours of the article's release, Hawley's press team came out unilaterally repudiating and condemning the Wall Street Journal's opprobrious charges against his tenure as MO AG. They reiterate that his record there is defined by strong stands against big tech, drug companies, and human traffickers, and that claims his office wasted funds are 'baseless.' The reality, according to the campaign, concedes that Hawley's office did use more resources than previous Attorney Generals, but precisely because of his lawsuits against powerful special interests.

Our campaign's new TV ad, "Ready for Battle", doubles-down on that message, characterizing Sen. Hawley as a tough lawyer who's dedicated his career to battling criminals, cronies, and special interests. In this, we're defining Hawley's record before the media even gets a chance to push a counter-narrative. This interaction only serves to boost his reputation as a media pariah and signature truth-teller.

As for the InfoWars 'stories', aides say there are bigger fish to fry than acknowledge this self-discrediting hitpiece. If reporters really feel the need to push him for a response on this, Hawley will dismiss it as 'ludicrous, complete junk' and move on. This is not something we plan to give any attention to. Likewise, our team viewed Governor Noem's attacks as bizarre. 'Why is she pulling a page from the January 6th Committee in a Republican primary?' one staffer pondered. 'Isn't South Dakota a right-to-work state?' another commented. Hawley's opted to simply not respond. Never interrupt your enemy when they're making a mistake.

Our team can only expect more hack-jobs to emerge as powerful groups conspire to thwart Hawley's growing momentum, so we're keeping our eye on the ball as we move into the final stretch. That starts in Iowa. Hawley has been diligently courting the religious evangelical vote here since he announced, and now flaunts an impressive grassroots network of support among them. In the opening days of October, Hawley will travel here to announce that the campaign has appointed chairs to every Iowa county, reflecting just how much that grassroots base has developed. He'd also unveil the campaign's '99 Iowa Pastors' operation, an effort to secure the support of 1 pastor in each of Iowa's 99 counties. This would define our ground-game objectives in October and November, primarily seeking out community organizers and leaders to rep the campaign and excite voters for the Caucus.

The other early states are important as well, though not nearly as much as the first-in-the-nation Iowa Caucus. Still, our campaign is committed to establishing a good outreach operation in each of the four early states, especially New Hampshire. This is a state where roughly half the Republican voters are blue-collar and 45-64, and over a third consider themselves 'rural.' These demographics are what helped Trump glide to victory in 2016 and, more recently, pushed Bolduc over the line over a more moderate challenger. Our campaign plans to expend resources tapping into those voters, making the case that Hawley is the uncompromising conservative champion they'd been looking for, who will give a voice to New Hampshire's forgotten towns and communities. To this end, the team has courted the support of several local state legislators, like State Rep. Peter Varney and State Sen. Harold French.

Amidst these efforts, Sen. Hawley is out meeting with voters, establishing personal connections, and staying on message. He sees other candidates in the race who change their brand every month and isn't interested. Instead, he keeps hammering home the same pitch he launched the campaign with: railing against Biden and the D.C establishment, calling out out-of-touch party leaders, connecting with voters that feel forgotten and left behind. In his analysis, that is what voters are looking for, not someone who can stretch their message as wide as possible to span the broadest number of people, but someone who can excite them, who can relate to them, who can tell it like it is. Going forward, this would be an essential feature of Hawley's brand to voters.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #235 on: January 11, 2023, 11:04:14 AM »

Beheading the Snake

Over his years as Governor of Florida, Ron DeSantis has garnered a commanding power over his state. The state party and government has largely been beholden to him, and he has exercised great powers from that. However, there's always been an undercurrent of discontent over the Governor's practices. There are those with simmering resentment over DeSantis, who is not exactly known as the most personable figure in interactions. Certain acts of his in office have also been quite alienating. There is also, of course, the many stories dripping out regarding improper conduct.

In late October, a significant puncture is to be made in the armor of DeSantis. Roger Stone invited Matt Gaetz and Anna Paulina Luna, both vocal in exposing deceit and corruption, to come along for a press conference in Jacksonville. They would call out DeSantis forcefully and demand accountability. Stone's remarks are as follows:

Good morning, everyone. Today I'm standing side by side with the honorable Congressman Gaetz and Congresswoman Luna because we all demand truth. There's been an utter plague of rumors, scandals, and other stories coming out about Governor Ron DeSantis for months now. While I can't claim to know just what is true and what is not, I do know this: Where there's smoke, there's fire. We've seen this time and time again with other governors in other states.

Governor DeSantis—who I won't refer to by his other name today out of courtesy *laughter*—has browbeat the State of Florida into always getting his way. He thinks he's above the rest of us and that the same rules don't apply to him. Clearly he believes someone like Andrew Cuomo is a good role model to look up to. Just like Cuomo, though, things have a way of eventually catching up to you.

The three of us are hereby calling on the Florida Legislature to open up nonpartisan investigation proceedings on DeSantis and his office. Has the Governor and his team abused powers and gone against the laws of Florida? To what extent has DeSantis had knowledge or involvement in any schemes or other acts, illegal and unethical? There have been credible reports of corruption, conflicts of interest, and outright bullying coming out for years across the political spectrum. They deserve to be looked into with a fair and open mind.

This is not a witch hunt, nor do we want this to be. Matt and I are especially familiar with how that goes. *laughter* What we want as constituents of Governor DeSantis, as fellow Floridians, is basic accountability. After an impartial investigation, the record will speak for itself. The truth will prevail.

With that, I'll turn it over to Matt and Anna.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #236 on: January 11, 2023, 04:31:34 PM »

GLENN YOUNGKIN 2024: AMERICA, RENEWED

Fall Strategy

Recent developments in the Republican primary have, for the Youngkin campaign, been a mixed bag. While the campaign has picked up crucial endorsements and gained ground in polls, so have his rivals, and early state polling outside of New Hampshire has been fairly dismal. The Governor and his allies will head into the autumn months with renewed intensity and vigor.

One advantage Youngkin currently has is a relative lack of negative press coverage - in contrast to other GOP rivals have been dragged through the dirt, Youngkin remains spotless and above the fray, and his campaign will aim to leverage this advantage. Youngkin will keep his promise to not attack other candidates directly, but his campaign will emphasize his 'squeaky-clean' status (quietly drawing a contrast with other candidates) and portray him as the candidate best equipped to defeat corrupt, career politician Democrats to win back the White House. This stratagem will also enable the Governor to get in front of any possible dirty tricks (which he will condemn as against the spirit of party unity),
and should outlandish accusations emerge from deep within the annals of the alt-right media, Youngkin will be prepared to brush them off as desperate, bad-faith attempts to unfairly tar his excellent record.

New Hampshire remains front and center for Youngkin strategy. As in the summer, Youngkin will continue campaigning across the state while also angling for endorsements from local officeholders in addition to Governor Chris Sununu, Secretary David Scanlan, and Fmr. Senator Kelly Ayotte. From longtime Republican donors in the Seacoast to middle-class communities and small business owners along the I-93 corridor, the Youngkin campaign will continue to court voters with an optimistic - but firmly conservative - message, touting his experience in business and executive governance, his efforts to fight crime and pork-barrel spending in Virginia, and his commitment to helping the American taxpayer, making streets safer and restoring sanity and integrity to the American education system. The Governor's campaign will continue to be approachable and family-friendly on the campaign trail, with Youngkin, alongside his family, meeting directly with voters to make his case. Additionally, Youngkin will enlist assistance from out-of-state supporters, with Fmr. Governor Jim Douglas of Vermont and Rep. Tom Kean of New Jersey asked to make appearances at major rallies in Manchester and Concord.

However, in case the Granite State primary not play out as hoped, the Youngkin campaign will make a bold play - and look West. Armed with the endorsements of Young Kim and Michelle Steel - the only two Asian-American Republicans in Congress - the Youngkin campaign will aim to bring Asians into the Youngkin - and GOP - fold. As the 2022 midterms showed, Asian-Americans have become increasingly sympathetic to the Republican message thanks to failed Democrat policy on crime and the economy - and the Youngkin campaign's strong Asian outreach will help build a formidable new conservative voting bloc. This strategy will begin in the suburbs of Las Vegas, home to a significant Asian minority. Going door-to-door in Las Vegas's southwestern suburbs and networking with local GOP organizations and Asian-owned businesses (with the aid of Rep.'s Kim and Steel), Youngkin will build support for his 'Renew America' message, campaigning on failed Biden economic policy and attacking radical liberal education policy to appeal to Asian voters of all party affiliations - urging them to register GOP and back his campaign in February. Youngkin's Silver State push will not be limited to Asian voters - from Henderson to Summerlin, Nevada's heavily suburban electorate is fertile ground for firm, but friendly sweater-vest conservatism, and as a fellow blue-state conservative governor, Youngkin has significant common ground from which to woo Joe Lombardo to his side. While Las Vegas Republicans may be tempted by the bombast and aggression of his rivals, the Youngkin campaign believes the Virginia Governor's suave, results-oriented brand of conservatism can win the day - especially in the more affluent parts of the county.  Nor will his western push be limited to Nevada. While commitments elsewhere mean these efforts will be limited, Youngkin's campaign will begin laying groundwork in California - particularly ripe ground for Youngkin's crossover appeal and charm. The candidate himself will pay a few visits the LA suburbs, (continuing Asian outreach with the aid of the Golden State GOP delegation), while the campaign will build a strong base of volunteers for when the crucial Golden State primary draws closer.

Finally, particularly in the later weeks of October, Youngkin will return to Virginia to help local GOP candidates running in the upcoming legislative elections. The Governor will reiterate that party success comes above personal ambition, and will spend most of the leadup to the November off-year elections campaigning up and down Virginia to elect Republican candidates. Youngkin remains a popular governor, and he will lambast the obstruction of Virginia's Democratic legislature and campaign on his bread-and-butter issues (crime, education, the economy), hoping Virginia voters will give him an expanded mandate to reverse the excesses of past corrupt Democrat administrations. In particular, he will work with the Virginia GOP and local Republicans to take suburban seats back in Richmond, Virginia Beach, and the DMV, and will also urge forward a concerted effort in more rural, majority-minority seats, where discontent with the cost of living and radical liberal social policy have created excellent opportunities for the GOP.

Polls clearly show that the Youngkin campaign has gained - but still has ground to make up. By building (and doubling down on) an appealing brand as a clean, confident suburban conservative and working to build a broad coalition of voters ready to move on from failed Democrat policy, the Governor aims to have a strong Fall, emerging as a serious contender in New Hampshire and Nevada while hopefully setting up his beloved Virginia GOP for a strong performance in the 2023 'midterms'.
oldkyhome
Rookie
United States

« Reply #237 on: January 11, 2023, 08:51:28 PM »
« Edited: January 12, 2023, 03:00:47 PM by oldkyhome »

Self-made campaign material

October Schedule
October 1: Round-table discussion with Nevada police groups
October 2-5: Hold 6 town halls in Nevada discussing crime, police
October 6: Fundraiser in Las Vegas with Erin Hawley, touting his family's law experience
October 7: Return to Iowa to unveil new county chairs, precinct captains
October 8-12: Bus tour across Northeastern Iowa, hosting small 'stump' events along the way
October 13: Campaign Rally in Council Bluffs, IA w/ Rick Scarborough (new endorsement)
October 14-15: Join field efforts with campaign organizers and volunteers to boost morale
October 16: Meet with Rep. Randy Feenstra to court his endorsement
October 17: Open a new field office in Muscatine, hold a town hall in the area on abortion.
October 18: Round-table discussion with board of The Family Leader, discussing abortion, family values
October 19: Meet with Missouri and Iowa's right-to-life chapter to pitch for an endorsement
October 20-22: Hold 5 meet-and-greet events with Iowa gun-owners, expressing Hawley's commitment to 2A rights
October 23: Deliver speech at Iowa Energy Summit: 'Let's make it here in Iowa.'
October 24-25: Visit James Dobson and Chuck Hurley to discuss abortion's role in the 2024 election.
October 26: Circle back with campaign advisers and staff to discuss progress in Iowa.
October 27-30: Stump tour across Northwestern Iowa with Erin, emphasizing 'kitchen-table' issues
October 31: Campaign Rally in Anamosa, IA, highlighting D.C corruption and attacking GOP leadership

Public Domain, via C-Span

With Stop the Censorship Act, Sen. Hawley takes to the floor to make a passionate case for 'restoring free speech on the web.'

Excerpt

"Thank you, Mr. Chairman. Today in America, there are a group of people who seem intent on influencing our national discourse, on manipulating it, on shaping it, according to their own preferences, and I'm not talking about China or Russia or Iran, although they certainly are as well. But no, I'm talking about a group of corporations, the most powerful corporations in the history of this nation, the most powerful corporations in the history of the world.

I'm talking about big tech. We know who they are. They run the giant digital platforms where Americans communicate and share their opinions, but these platforms are more than that. They're more than places to talk or buy things. Facebook, Google, Twitter, Instagram: these are the platforms that control more and more of our daily lives. And yes, I said control. These platforms control our social communication, the way we talk to each other and when and how and where and on what terms. They control what news what we read, or see. They control increasingly more journalism in America, right down to what's in news articles and how the headlines are written. They control how elected officials communicate with their constituents, when they can run advertisements, what their messages can say and can't.

Make no mistake, today in America, these platforms control us. Big platforms relentlessly spy on their customers: you, me, and millions of Americans. They track us around the web. They monitor our every move online - and even when we're offline. They track our location, whether we're in a car or riding a bike or on the street. They track the websites that we visit and when. They track the products that we buy. They track the videos that we watch. They track what children are doing. They track everything, all with the purpose of getting enough information to influence us, to shape our preferences, our opinions, our viewpoints.

This is enormous power - unheard of power - and tech platforms are intent on using it. They are intent on using it in this election.

Let's just cut to the chase. These tech platforms are owned and operated by leftists, by liberals. They're not conservatives, and they're not friends of conservatives. They fervently opposed the election of Donald Trump in 2016, and they actively suppressed stories and publishers critical of President Biden's foreign business dealings and conflicts of interest. And that's not all. They tipped the scales in the COVID debate against people skeptical of lockdowns and mandates, they directly colluded and coordinated with federal agencies to silence or filter certain beliefs, they banned pro-life groups and suspended independent conservative journalists like The Federalist.

It's clear why. They don't like conservatives. They don't agree with conservatives. They don't want to see conservatives get elected. That would be fine if they were just a private citizen. I know many people on the other side of the aisle who would not like to see conservatives get elected. But here's the issue: they aren't a private citizen. They are multinational tech giants that control millions of conversations and debates. If they are allowed to use their power in this way, as they have before, to leverage their control over news and information and data, to silence the voices of conservatives, then we will be turning control over the most basic freedoms of our republic over to a few billionaires who have no interest in democracy, no interest in free speech, and no interest in fair discourse.

It's hard to see why this isn't a problem. My friends on the other side of the aisle are infuriated - rightfully so - over the meddling of foreign billionaires in China, in Russia, in Saudi Arabia in our elections. But why not our billionaires? Why should these robber barons get a free pass in influencing the results of our elections?

I urge my colleagues to act, and act today, by passing the bill before us: the Stop the Censorship Act. It presents a simple, straightforward solution to the censorship monopoly of these digital giants. Let those who have been censored claim their rights; let them sue! Let them go to court. Let them challenge the decisions of the tech platforms and have their day before the bar of the law. Right now, federal law prohibits this. It prohibits Americans from appealing a tech platform's decision to censor them. It prevents Americans from taking issue with just about anything that they do. It gives them what is essentially monopoly power over speech on the largest communication platforms in the world. That should change.

This bill would return Americans the right to be heard in a court of law, the right to fairness, the right to due process of law. With this bill, this body can finally take a stand to restore the principles of freedom our Constitution expounds, return integrity and legitimacy to our public discourse, and take back our Republic from a few tech millionaires who have undue influence in our elections."
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.68, S: -3.48

P P P
« Reply #238 on: January 11, 2023, 10:52:40 PM »

Gillibrand Debate Responses

Accessed via Imgur

Opening Statement:
My name is Kirsten Gillibrand, I’m a candidate for President of the United States, and my story is probably like a lot of your’s. I’m from a rural town, I went to a regular high school with regular people, and I decided that something had to be done in order to change our country. Growing up in the era of Reaganomics, I saw firsthand the negative effects that these disastrous policies had on families. After college, I pursued a career in public serve and eventually ran for House of Representatives and then the U.S. Senate. Over my time in the Congress, I’ve proven that I can get things done under both parties. I won in a district where the number of farm animals outnumbered those of Democrats, and I’ve brought both Republicans and Democrats together to pass legislation that would cause effective and positive change. I’m running for President because I’ve been tested, and I know that I’m ready. As President, I’ll pass the biggest investment in stopping climate change that this world has ever seen, preserving our country for future generations. I’ll enshrine the right to abortion and women’s healthcare in our law, and I’ll pass common sense gun legislation to end the mass shootings going on across our country. I ask that you listen to me tonight and believe in me, our vision, and our future, because as we all know: Brave Wins.

Question 1:
Listen, immigrants built this nation and they continue to do so. From farm workers in California to coal miners in Ohio, immigrants have worked for this nation and built our economy in every single capacity. I stand with immigrants which is exactly why I pushed back against the Trump-era immigration restrictions in the Senate. I worked to enshrine protections for DACA children, I’ve pushed for a path to citizenship, and as President I will further these goals by granting amnesty to all illegal immigrants who came to this country looking for a better life. We all understand that not everyone that comes through our Southern Border has good intentions, which is exactly why I’ll increase the amount of technology and protection that we have at our border in a humane and efficient manner, not a wall that will stop absolutely no one from coming to our country. I recently met with a family in Nevada who talked to me about how they had to come to the U.S. illegally in order to obtain quality healthcare or else their mother, Rosa, would die from cancer. Rosa came to the U.S. and received that treatment. Because of this, she has been able to raise her 3 children and provide a life for them that never would’ve been possible in Mexico. This is the American dream. These are the success stories that I’m here to fight for. If you’re watching, and you have a story like Rosa’s or anyone else who has had to make extreme sacrifices: I am here for you. I will protect you. I will legislate for you. I will fight for you. We will offer asylum to any person who feels that they are in harm’s way and we will make the immigration system work for the people.

Question 2:
Crime is an issue that millions of Americans worry about on a daily basis, and honestly I’m right there with them. We all understand that we need to get dangerous criminals off of our streets, but we need to address the crime epidemic in a smart and efficient way which will protect our people while also following the Constitution. As President, I will legalize marijuana and commute the sentences of everyone who has gone to prison for marijuana consumption - this is Step 1 in creating a fair and equitable society which pushes for real criminals to go to jail rather than regular people. Additionally, I’ll work to end the death penalty and wrongful executions, something which has been needed in this country for centuries. We will further the funding of our FBI and CIA in order to make sure that suspected terrorists are caught in their tracks, never able to hurt our country like they did on 9/11. As President, I’ll nominate judges who have a judicial background and know the law to the greatest extent so that they can make proper and fair judgements. However, we cannot address crime in an unconstitutional and heinous manner like stop and frisk, which unfortunately some of the others on this stage supported. We will keep our country and streets safe and we will push for reform in our prison system, and yes, we will end cash bail.

Question 3:
I am the only candidate on this stage who has released a comprehensive and detailed plan to preserve the right to abortion and women’s healthcare - that should answer a lot of your questions. My Family Bill of Rights, which is up for vote in the Congress at the moment, would be the biggest revamping of individual protections and would save the lives of millions of women in the United States. I have always fought for the right to abortion, I have literally spoken in front of the Supreme Court to defend it. I hammered judges like Brett Kavanaugh on it, and as President I will keep my commitment to the women of this country by upholding their rights. When it comes to LGBTQ+ people, this country has fallen massively behind other developed nations in ensuring their equal protection. Hate crimes still exist and I’m not afraid to say it. As President, I will not dodge media questions and simply offer thoughts and prayers when it comes to tragedies like the one we saw in Orlando, I will fight for justice and won’t stop until we get it. LGBTQ+ and female Americans can trust me, and I’m the only candidate on this stage who has provided real plans to help them.

Question 4:
I have extreme faith in democracy and I rebuke anyone who questions the legitimacy of our elections. We saw our democracy come under attack on January 6th, 2021 and I refuse to allow our nation to fall down that dark path once again. The era of Trump is over, and it’s time that we restore humility and honor to our country. I’ve worked as a poll worker in upstate New York. I know the process, and I know the sacrifices and commitments that our poll workers make in order to help run our democracy. As President, I will further strengthen our electoral process by investing into the FEC, work to upgrade our voting systems, and protect our nation’s democracy. Additionally, I will work to make strategic alliances with countries that are actually interested in working with the United States for positive change. Nations like Saudi Arabia may have oil, but they refuse to acknowledge the rights of women, their law still states homosexuality is illegal, and they have no problem harming Americans or other foreigners. We need to reconsider our relationship and make partnerships, including trade deals, with countries that share our interests and don’t violate human rights.

Question 5:
* Raises hand * The gun violence in our country has left thousands of children dead and as President I will launch a voluntary buyback program to end these heinous attacks.

Question 6:
Listen, I talked about Mr. Adams comments amount to me because, no matter what he wants to say, they were sexist. For centuries in this country and across the world women have been painted in a negative light for doing the same thing that men have done. Want to get paid equally? You’re greedy. Want to speak your mind? You don’t know what you’re talking about, leave it to the men. And I’m sick and tired of it. I have fought night and day during my career for women to be on the frontlines of the fight, and I’m not stopping. Whether Mr. Adams is or is not a sexist is up to him, but I refused to be talked to in a degrading manner as I was, and his comments were sexist. We need a President who will fight for all Americans and that’s what I’m going to do, WITHOUT hurting or invoking hatred against others.

Closing Statement:
I want to thank Jake Tapper and the great state of South Carolina for hosting us tonight. Folks, as Democrats you’ll be making an important decision coming soon about the type of Democratic Party, and presidential candidate, you want. I have spent my life fighting for the rights of American citizens, especially those who have felt that the Government hasn’t worked for them. I have been on the picket line, striking with workers from unions like the Teamsters, SEIU, AFL-CIO, and many more. I have gone to the border and saw firsthand the mismanagement, which is exactly why I’ve worked to fix this crisis in the Senate. I’ve gone on foreign visits and seen the potential that our country has to make lasting, strategic relationships with other countries. I’ve worked as a volunteer to defend Planned Parenthood centers from anti-abortion harassment, and yes, I have worked to cement a women’s right to choose in the U.S. law. I’ve got a record of tested leadership, and I have worked throughout my time in the House and Senate to make an America where everyone has the equal opportunity to succeed, but no one has an unfair disadvantage to fail. As President, I will continue this fight by working with Republicans and Democrats to create a nation that we can all be proud of. I’m a daughter and a granddaughter of Americans who have pulled themselves up from their bootstraps. As your President, I’ll make you proud, and we will show the world that America is not only back, but we are brave. Thank you.
oldkyhome
Rookie
United States

« Reply #239 on: January 12, 2023, 12:21:22 AM »
« Edited: January 14, 2023, 09:23:25 PM by oldkyhome »

Self-made campaign material

November Schedule
November 1-3: Host 5 meet-and-greet events targeting former Noem supporters with Erin Hawley
November 4: Campaign rally in Grinnell, IA, focusing on corruption and blasting the Haley-DeSantis alliance
November 5: Appear on Tucker Carlson Tonight to attack the Haley-DeSantis alliance
November 6: Campaign Rally in Keokuk, IA w/ Bob Vander Plaats
November 7: Deliver a pep talk to Iowa campaign volunteers, outlining November goals
November 8-12: Return to D.C for Senatorial duties. Meet with Sen. Marco Rubio.
November 13: Release an op-ed to The Federalist unveiling Hawley's Parent Tax Credit plan
November 14: Day for media interviews, fundraising events, and other campaign-related activities
November 15: Meet with Sen. Marco Rubio to discuss Hawley's Parent Tax Credit proposal
November 16: Campaign Rally in Greenville, SC w/ Sen. John Kennedy
November 17-20: Bus tour in the Peedee region, holding small 'stump' events along the way
November 21: Hold BBQ meet-and-greet event in Beaufort, SC
November 22: Campaign Rally in Nashville, TN, w/ Rick Scarborough
November 23-25: General break for Thanksgiving.
November 26: Fly to New Hampshire to visit staffers and volunteers
November 27: Campaign Rally in Hanover, NH highlighting foreign policy, Ukraine
November 28: Round-table discussion with prominent NH state legislators
November 29-30: Hold 4 town halls events in Coos County discussing 'kitchen-table' issues

Public Domain, via Hawley's Facebook page

Hawley slams DeSantis, Haley for Florida deal: 'This is a corrupt sham.'

In one of his recent rallies along his stump throughout Iowa, Hawley took to task the recent announcement from Nikki Haley that she would not participate in the Florida primary, excoriating it as a 'corrupt sham' that 'revealed a secret alliance' between Haley, DeSantis, and GOP leadership. His harsh words for the two candidate's deal came in spite the fact that Hawley has not once attacked DeSantis on the trail, typically only criticizing an unnamed group of GOP elites and only sparingly mentioning people specifically, but this new 'pact,' he argued, was 'exactly the type of corruption' that he has so-passionately berated throughout the primary.

His speech to the crowd of 2,000 was cut with a clear anti-corruption theme: lambasting GOP party leaders, deriding lobbyist influence in D.C, then outlining his plan to fix it all. He touted his campaign's success gaining ground in Iowa, attributing it to voters growing resentment towards 'Washington-as-usual politics.' From there, he connected this theme with the news of DeSantis and Haley teaming up, labeling the Florida bargain a 'calculated attempt by the Republican establishment to cling onto power.' He further added that it 'reveals just how deep their corruption goes,' and urged the crowd to reject 'the kind of politics that employs dirty tricks like this when the going gets rough.'

Sen. Hawley's impassioned stand against what he labels a 'shameless political bargain' continued into the following day, where he appeared on Tucker Carlson Tonight to make no bones about what he believed was happening here.

TUCKER: "Here to answer the question - why are these two candidates, who are supposedly both running for President on their own, now teaming up? Thank you for joining us, Senator Hawley. You've called this a 'corrupt sham', do you think that's accurate?"

HAWLEY: "Thank you, Tucker. I think what's happening here is obvious, and it's disgraceful. The Republican Party leadership is now engaged in electoral warfare, trying to consolidate their candidates and keep everyone else divided. Whether DeSantis and Haley are just doing this at the behest of leadership or are active participants, either way it's shocking, and it's shameless."

TUCKER: "Right, so I was under the impression you had to actually win over voters to get elected President. You've recently been gaining significantly on these two nationally and in Iowa - as has Kari Lake in Nevada - so I'm just wondering, do you think that factored into their decision?"

HAWLEY: "Oh, absolutely it did. It's no secret the traditional donor class is not happy with my numbers. They've seen my plan to clean up the swamp, they know it's resonating with the voters who are just sick of lobbyists and special interests, and now they're going to pull tricks and conduct hack-jobs to thwart our movement. It's not going to work, Tucker. Voters aren't buying it."

Aides say they feel they can break ground on this issue. They think voters are naturally skeptical to anything that emerges about a candidate during a heated campaign cycle, as has been the case with most of the hit-pieces emerging against DeSantis and others over the past several months, but when the candidate themselves does something to prompt serious questions about their motives and intentions, that's when people start to take notice. Hawley has certainly not shied from bringing attention to such questions, but he says it's more about the 'unprecedented amount of collusion with the Republican Party is engaging in its own primaries' than the electoral implications.

Tucker quotes are GM approved. Also I moved this from October to November since Haley announced this in early November.

Hawley Op-Ed: "Working families need a better deal from Washington. $12k in tax cuts is a good start."

The Book of Deuteronomy instructs, “You shall not oppress a hired worker.” Apparently, no one told President Biden or the rest of Washington this when they united to stifle a potential strike by railway workers, the first one in years. It’s too costly for the economy, the DC types moaned, the workers are being unreasonable.

Hardly. The rail workers were merely asking for a handful of sick days, something our elected representatives enjoy as a matter of divine right. Half the House of Representatives still won’t show up for work for fear of even potentially falling ill, but railroad workers must be forced to work and take sick days on their own dime. The hypocrisy is rank—but also revealing. The country’s political class has very little regard for blue-collar work or the people who perform it.

The results of that are clear. America’s blue-collar workforce has only become more invisible to Washington with each passing year, and it's only getting worse with Biden and his cronies in power. Their policies over the last few decades have contributed to the brittle condition of the American family. Our tax and trade policy has rewarded out-sourcing, off-shoring, and labor arbitrage.

Consequently, wages have stagnated even as the cost of housing and healthcare, both vital for families, has exploded. The days when a working-class family could survive on the paycheck of one parent are long gone. In today’s economy, mom and dad often both feel compelled to enter the workforce, and stay there, in order to have and raise a family. These economic imperatives run counter to what many families say they want. Most American families, especially those in the working- and middle classes, consistently say that children are better off when one parent stays at home to care for them, and many of these same families wish that was possible for them.

The game is rigged against working Americans. There’s no doubt about it. To fix this broken system, we need to start bold by giving people the relief they need to succeed in this economy. That’s why today I’m unveiling my plan to give middle-class families one of the largest tax cuts ever seen in American history: the Parent Tax Credit.

At an overview, my proposal would give an annual value of $6,000 in tax relief for single parents and $12,000 in tax relief for married parents, delivered to eligible families through automatic, monthly advances directly into the same bank accounts where they receive their federal tax refunds. This credit would be fully refundable, provided per-parent to households with children under the age of 13. In essence, it would be an enormous middle class tax cut; it would mean immediate cash flow into the hands of the parents who need it the most. For the first time in a generation, we'd tip the scales in favor of working families in an economy that's grinded to ensure Wall Street always wins.

To pay for this historic tax relief, I'd seek to condense the Internal Revenue Code by closing out loopholes and tax breaks that special interests benefit from on working American's dime. Today in America, too many corporate firms pay exactly zero dollars in federal income tax because of a mix of sweet handouts and deals they get from Congress while they sell out American workers and shove their cultural agenda down our throats. Look no further than Disney, a top recipient of the federal government's protections and exemptions. Their army of D.C lobbyists allows them to maintain such lucrative bonuses, buying out our elected representatives or badgering them until they back off. As President, they, and many other corporations that receive the same loopholes, would be first in line to lose every one of these unearned taxpayer rewards.

Republicans have always led the fight to demand relief for working Americans from our burdensome tax code, and rightfully so, but often they have been just as willing to rig the game against ordinary folks as career politicians like Joe Biden and Nancy Pelosi have. Working-class voters have, no-doubt, been moving towards the Republican Party in recent years, but in order to form a winning coalition with them that will show up in 2024, we must be serious about representing them and their concerns. My Parent Tax Credit would fundamentally realign our tax system around the needs of families, children, and hard work.

“You shall give [the worker] his wages,” Deuteronomy warns, “lest he cry against you to the Lord, and you be guilty of sin.” Sin. There’s an old-fashioned word. For conservatives, it ought to be a reminder that winning a better deal for America’s workers isn’t just an electoral imperative. It’s a moral one. The question now is whether we will take that duty seriously.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #240 on: January 12, 2023, 12:53:50 AM »
« Edited: January 12, 2023, 02:35:58 PM by KaiserDave »

Chapter III: The Road to Iowa and South Carolina
Midturn Update

Republican, Democratic Candidates Flood New Hampshire Yet Again
New Hampshire Union Leader, October 2nd, 2023

How Josh Hawley is tapping into anger over the opioid epidemic in moderate New England
POLITICO, October 4th, 2023

Ukraine preparing for wartime election, "democracy must survive"
The New York Times, October 5th, 2023

Elderly Protestors Disrupt Haley Rally, "don't steal our benefits!" (One Whilst Wearing a Kari Lake for President hat)
CNN, October 8th, 2023

Attorney: Hawley Refused to Investigate Roman Catholic Church as Attorney General
FOX News, October 10th, 2023

DO NOT BE DECEIVED: HAWLEY CANDIDATE OF ROME
@REFUSETYRANNY, Truth Social, October 11th, 2023

Landry, Wilson Advance to Louisiana Gubernatorial Runoff
CNN, October 14th, 2023

Harris Nevada Town Hall Disrupted by Latino Activists, "Proud Newsom Supporters"
CNN, October 15th, 2023

Khanna Bros? Toxic Khanna supports attack Harris, Buttigieg Backers Online
Slate, October 18th, 2023

WITHCRAFT: PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE LAKE WITH OCCULT PAST
The Daily Mail, October 20th, 2023

Argentine Peronists Complete Comeback, Fernandez Re-elected
The New York Times, October 22nd, 2023

"So what this says, is that Kari Lake was one of the first, the first, to be tested on in this MKUltra mind control experiments. I've seen a lot of these reports, they're often crap, but this looks for real, the evidence is pretty strong and lines up with her own statements."
George Noory, Live on Coast to Coast AM, October 23rd, 2023

Zelensky's party wins massive supermajority in wartime legislative elections
CNN, October 29th, 2023

YALE CLASSMATE POSTS RESURFACE: Hawley Confirmed Homosexual
Free Republic, November 2nd, 2023

PROJECTION: TATE REEVES RE-ELECTED AS GOVERNOR OF MISSISSIPPI
@CNN, Twitter, November 7th, 2023

PROJECTION: ANDY BESHEAR RE-ELECTED AS GOVERNOR OF KENTUCKY, PENDING RECOUNT
@CNN, Twitter, November 8th, 2023

FLIP: Virginia House of Delegates returned to Democratic hands (2 seat majority likely)
@CNN, Twitter, November 8th, 2023

Gunshots heard in Penn Quarter, avoid area seek shelter
@DCPoliceDept, Twitter, November 8th, 2023

BREAKING: Explosion reported in Washington D.C., authorities urge locals to seek cover
CNN, November 8th, 2023

BREAKING: Gunfight reported near Department of Justice Building
CNN, November 8th, 2023

BREAKING: 5 Dead After Armed Attack on Robert F. Kennedy Building
NBC, November 8th, 2023

BREAKING: DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE HEADQUARTERS ATTACKED
ABC, November 8th, 2023

Biden to Address Nation Tonight
CNN, November 8th, 2023

"The attackers opened fire on the building early in the morning, on windows on the south side. They threw what we believe to be an antitank grenade at the building, that was the explosion. The gunfight with responding DC metro officers lasted 25 minutes, and we lost 4 good officers today."
DC Chief of Police Robert Contee, Live on CNN, November 8th, 2023

"I remember when we lost 5 good, decent officers in Dallas. I hoped we would never see anything like that again. Today, I'm sorry to say, we have. We lost 4 officers tonight, and an employee of the Department of Justice. I ask you to pray for them and their families."
President Joe Biden, Live Address, November 8th, 2023

Two Pennsylvania Men Charged with DOJ Attack
CNN, November 9th, 2023

Department of Justice Attackers were armed with AR-15s, handguns, heavy explosive weapons
The Guardian, November 9th, 2023

Very tragic death of police officers in our capital. Our cities are a mess. I send my regards to the families of the deceased. We need peace and love!
@realDonaldTrump, Truth Social, November 9th, 2023

Biden, Obama speak at DC Police Funeral, "we will be strong again"
NBC, November 12th, 2023

WATCH: Patriot Demands Answers from Hawley at Rally over Yale Sex Rituals
@LauraLoomer, Truth Social, November 13th, 2023

Department of Justice attackers were active on far-right social media, election denier circles
The New York Times, November 13th, 2023

FLIP: Jeff Landry elected Governor of Louisiana
@CNN, Twitter, November 13th, 2023

One of Department of Justice Attackers Volunteered on Mastriano Campaign
CNN, November 14th, 2023

Report: Sanders Meets with Merkley, Khanna, seeking deal to unite progressives
The Hill, November 17th, 2023

In Orlando, these Brazilian-Americans and Latinos trust Roger Stone
The New York Times, November 17th, 2023

Schumer (D-NY) says Republican demands on entitlement spending are "entirely unacceptable" and that "their own voters agree"
@mkraju, Twitter, November 18th

Brazilian Police Investigation connects 1/8 participants to Stone campaign
The Washington Post, November 19th, 2023

DOJ Attackers motivated by Trump prosecution, prosecutors say
CNN, November 20th, 2023

DeSANTIS NAILS NEWSMAX REPORTER WHILE WIFE SUFFERS FROM CANCER
The National Enquirer, November 22nd, 2023

Despite Losses in State Legislature, Youngkin approval at 53%, disapproval 36% in Virginia
The Washington Post, November 23rd, 2023

"I will veto" any bill that cuts Social Security or Medicare says Biden
CNN, November 24th, 2023

Hungarian National Assembly ratifies Sweden and Finland NATO membership, last nation to do so
CNN, November 24th, 2023

Kent Stern Records Tampered with, calls for investigation
Jacksonville Today, November 26th, 2023

Trump Testifies (Privately) on Stolen Documents
NBC, December 2nd, 2023

Report: Biden engaged in secret talks with moderate House and Senate Republicans over debt ceiling, entitlements
The Hill, December 3rd, 2023

Sweater-vest bound, Glenn Youngkin makes waves in New Hampshire
POLITICO, December 4th, 2023

5 Stories: Those who went through the California prison system under AG Kamala Harris
The New York Times, December 5th, 2023

Governor Branstad, Reynolds split endorsements for Haley and DeSantis
Des Moines Register, December 6th, 2023

Trump Effect? Despite establishment and media scorn, Stone gaining momentum in early states
Vox, December 7th, 2023

"Yes I agree we need an investigation. The Governor has used his power to crush anybody questioning him but I won't be silenced, the Kent Stermon question should be answered fairly."
Anna Paulina Luna, Live on OAN, December 9th, 2023

Ukraine launches new wave of rocket attacks on Crimea
CNN, December 9th, 2023

Did DeSantis know his choice for Broward Sheriff was a criminal?
Breitbart, December 11th, 2023

Spoke to Brian Fitzpatrick (R-PA) after he left a private meeting with Democrats, "we are talking, that takes time." Thomas Kean Jr. (R-NJ) was more assertive "defaulting on our debt is not an option."
@mkraju, Twitter, December 12th, 2023

Josh Hawley spent years clerking under John Roberts. John Roberts betrayed conservatives on Obamacare, on religious freedom, and on voter integrity. We thought Roberts was one of us....then he betrayed us. Did Hawley learn from the best?
Conservatives for Truth PAC Ad, Iowa & New Hampshire, December 2023

Intense urban fighting in Donetsk despite winter cold
The New York Times, December 13th, 2023

Proof: Hawley refused to prosecute Roman Catholic Church Sex Abuse
Breitbart, December 15th, 2023

Kari Lake says a lot of things! People say she tries to sound like Trump! But I'm the real thing! Realer than real!
@realDonaldTrump, Truth Social, December 17th, 2023

Biden, McConnell, Problem Solvers Caucus reach deal to raise debt ceiling without cuts to Social Security and Medicare
CNN, December 20th, 2023

NH Poll: Who do you support for President in the New Hampshire primary? (Republican)
Ron DeSantis: 24%
Glenn Youngkin: 16%
Nikki Haley: 14%
Roger Stone: 11%
Josh Hawley: 9%
Larry Hogan: 7%
Kari Lake: 7%
Matt Gaetz: 3%
Undecided/Someone Else: 9%

NH Poll: Who do you support for President in the New Hampshire primary? (Democratic)
Gretchen Whitmer: 16%
Gavin Newsom: 14%
Pete Buttigieg: 14%
Kamala Harris: 12%
Jeff Merkley: 10%
Al Gore: 10%
Kirsten Gillibrand: 6%
Ro Khanna: 5%
Eric Adams: 2%
Undecided/Someone Else: 11%
New Hampshire Union Leader (Monmouth University Poll), December 22nd, 2023

Report: Clyburn to Endorse Harris for President
CNN, December 23rd, 2023

Biden Delivers Christmas Address Rooted in Hope, Unity
The New York Times, December 25th, 2023

Senator Grassley Endorses Ron DeSantis for President
Des Moines Register, December 26th, 2023

National Polling shows tightening race
NATIONAL Poll: Who do you support for President? (Republican)
Ron DeSantis: 23%
Nikki Haley: 15%
Josh Hawley: 15%
Kari Lake: 9%
Glenn Youngkin: 9%
Roger Stone: 9%
Larry Hogan: 5%
Matt Gaetz: 3%
Justin Amash: 1%
Undecided/Someone Else: 9%

NATIONAL POLL: Who do you support of the following candidates for President? (Democratic)
Kamala Harris: 22%
Gavin Newsom: 13%
Gretchen Whitmer: 12%
Al Gore: 12%
Pete Buttigieg: 9%
Jeff Merkley: 9%
Ro Khanna: 7%
Eric Adams: 4%
Kirsten Gillibrand: 3%
Undecided/Someone Else: 11%
CNN, December 29th, 2023

Endorsements

Ron DeSantis
Florida Congresswoman María Elvira Salazar
Florida Congressman Carlos A. Giménez
U.S. Senator for Wyoming Cynthia Lummis
Arkansas Governor Sarah Huckabee Sanders
Tennessee Governor Bill Lee
Mississippi Governor Tate Reeves
Former Secretary of the Treasury Steve Mnuchin
The DeVos Family
Former Attorney General William Barr
Former Attorney General and Alabama Senator Jeff Sessions
U.S. Senator for Alaska Dan Sullivan
U.S. Senator for Arkansas John Boozeman
Alabama Governor Kay Ivey
Political Commentator Ben Shapiro
Nevada Congressman Mark Amodei
Former Nevada Attorney General Adam Laxalt
U.S. Senator for Texas John Cornyn
Ohio Congressman David Joyce
New York Congresswoman Elise Stefanik
New York Congresswoman Nicole Malliotakis
New York Congressman Mike Lawler
New York Congressman Anthony D'Esposito
U.S. Senator for Wyoming John Barasso
U.S. Senator for South Dakota Mike Rounds
Former Iowa Governor Terry Branstead
U.S. Senator for Iowa Chuck Grassley
Nikki Haley
South Carolina Governor Henry McMaster
U.S. Senator for South Carolina Lindsey Graham
U.S. Senator for South Carolina Tim Scott
Former Secretary of State Rex Tillerson
Georgia Governor Brian Kemp
U.S. Senator for North Carolina Thom Tillis
Ohio Governor Mike DeWine
Former Secretary of State Mike Pompeo
Businesswoman Carly Fiorina
Former U.S. Senator for Pennsylvania Pat Toomey
U.S. Senator for Kansas Jerry Moran
Former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice
Iowa Congresswoman Mariannette Miller-Meeks
Iowa Governor Kim Reynolds
Josh Hawley
U.S. Senator for Missouri Eric Schmitt
U.S. Senator for Ohio J.D. Vance
Attorney Christopher DeMuth
Publisher Emile Doak
Missouri Congressman Sam Graves
Missouri Congressman Jason Smith
Activist Bob Vander Plaats
Missouri Congressman Eric Burlison
Missouri Congressman Blaine Luetkemeyer
Venture Capitalist Peter Thiel
Attorney Christian Adams
Former Assistant Attorney General John Yoo
Attorney and ADF President Kristen Waggoner
Pastor Rick Scarborough
U.S. Senator for Louisiana John Kennedy
U.S. Senator for Indiana Mike Braun
Michigan Right-to-Life Chapter
Wisconsin Right-to-Life Chapter
Iowa Congressman Randy Feenstra
Missouri Governor Mike Parson
Activist James Dobson
Family Policy Alliance
Missouri Right-to-Life
Iowa Right-to-Life
Iowa Congresswoman Ashley Hindson
Iowa Congressman Zach Nunn
U.S. Senator for Tennessee Marsha Blackburn
Glenn Youngkin
North Dakota Governor Doug Burgum
Virginia Congressman Bob Wittman
Virginia Congresswoman Jen Kiggans
Virginia Congressman Ben Cline
Virginia Congressman Morgan Griffith
Former Vermont Governor Jim Douglas
Utah Governor Spencer Cox
Indiana Governor Eric Holcomb
New Jersey Congressman Thomas Kean Jr.
California Congresswoman Young Kim
California Congresswoman Michelle Steele
California Congressman Kevin McCarthy
New Hampshire Businessman Ovide Lamontagne
New Hampshire State Representative Jess Edwards
California Congressman Doug LaMalfa
California Congressman Darrell Issa
National Committee of Asian American Republicans
Former Cranston Mayor Allan Fung
Former U.S. Senator for Nevada Dean Heller
Kari Lake
Wrestler Brock Lesnar
Wrestler Mark William Calaway "The Undertaker"
The Bundy Family
Actress Gina Carano
Actress Roseanne Barr
Country Music Artist Randy Owen
Singer-songwriter Toby Keith
Quarterback Aaron Rodgers
Singer-songwriter Alan Jackson
TV Personality Rick Harrison
Actor Randy Quaid
Actor Jon Voight
Actor James Woods
Actor Forrie J. Smith
Actress Faith Hill
Actor Tom Selleck
Actor Will Estes
Actor Donnie Wahlberg
Actor Max Thieriot
MLB Pitcher Brian Wilson
MLB Third Baseman Matt Duffy
College Football Coach Chip Kelly
KQWC Anchors Sharon DeRycke and Paula Sands
Arizona State Senator Jake Hoffman
President Pro Tempore of the Iowa State Brad Zaun
Roger Stone
Media Personality Andy Ngo
Media Personality James O'Keefe
Media Personality Alex Jones
Former Congressional Candidate Laura Loomer
Media Personality Gavin McInnes
Blogger Lew Rockwell
Internet Entrepreneur Kim Dotcom
Former White House Advisor Steve Bannon
Former Maine Governor Paul LePage
Former Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich
New York Congressman George Santos
Former National Security Advisor Michael Flynn
Media Personality Silk
Media Personality Michelle Malkin
Media Personality Ann Coulter
Former Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio
Former MLB Pitcher Curt Schilling
Former Texas Congresswoman Maya Flores
Proud Boys
Texas Congressman Ronny Jackson
Former Texas Congressman Ron Paul
Former Florida Congressman Allen West
Former White House Advisor Stephen Miller
Mississippi State Senator Chris McDaniel
Businessman Mike Lindell
Media Personality Ali Alexander
Businessman Carl Paladino
Media Personality Jack Posobiec
Former Nevada Assemblywoman Sharron Angle
Former Georgia State Representative Alveda King
Nevada County Commissioner Danny Tarkanian
FreedomWorks
Young Americans for Liberty
Free State Project
Tea Party Patriots
Former Florida Congressman Ted Yoho
Former Iowa Congressman Steve King
Larry Hogan
Former Massachusetts Governor and NCAA President Charlie Baker
Vermont Governor Phil Scott
Former New Jersey Governor Chris Christie
Former New Hampshire Congressman Charles Bass
Former New Hampshire Senate President Chuck Morse
New Hampshire Senate President Jeb Bradley
Former U.S. Senator for New Hampshire Judd Gregg
Matt Gaetz
Colorado Congresswoman Lauren Boebert
New York City Young Republicans Club
Media Personality Nick Adams (Alpha Male)
Montana Congressman Matt Rosendale
TPUSA Head Charlie Kirk

Kamala Harris
Ohio Congresswoman and Chair of the Congressional Black Caucus Joyce Beatty
Delaware Congresswoman Lisa Blunt Rochester
California Congresswoman Maxine Waters
California Congresswoman Barbara Lee
California Congresswoman Julia Brownley
California Congressman Ted Lieu
U.S. Senator for Delaware Tom Carper
U.S. Senator for Delaware Chris Coons
U.S. Senator for Maryland Chris Van Hollen
U.S. Senator for New Mexico Ben Ray Luján
U.S. Senator for Virginia Mark Warner
EMILY's List
Alabama Congresswoman Terri Sewell
Florida Congresswoman Frederica Wilson
Georgia Congressman Sanford Bishop
Virginia Congresswoman Jennifer McClellan
San Francisco Mayor London Breed
Nevada Congressman Steven Horsford
South Carolina Congressman Jim Clyburn
U.S. Senator for Illinois Tammy Duckworth
Former Virginia Governor Terry McAuliffe
Pete Buttigieg
LGBTQ Victory Fund
New Jersey Congressman Andy Kim
North Carolina Congressman Jeff Jackson
Rhode Island Congressman Seth Magaziner
Rhode Island Congressman David Cicilline
Actor Robert De Niro
New Hampshire Congresswoman Annie Kuster
Gavin Newsom
U.S. Senator for California Alex Padilla
California Congressman Adam Schiff
Maryland Congressman Jamie Raskin
Former HUD Secretary Julian Castro
Philadelphia Mayor Jim Kenney
New Jersey Congressman Bill Pascrell
U.S. Senator for Hawaii Brian Schatz
California Congressman Eric Swalwell
Nevada Congressman Susie Lee
Former Nevada Congressman Shelly Berkley
Former New Hampshire Congressman Paul Hodes
Gretchen Whitmer
U.S. Senator for Michigan Gary Peters
U.S. Senator for Michigan Debbie Stabenow
Michigan Congresswoman Haley Stevens
Michigan Congresswoman Elissa Slotkin
Michigan Congressman Dan Kildee
Michigan Lieutenant Governor Garlin Gilchrist
Michigan Secretary of State Jocelyn Benson
Michigan Attorney General Dana Nessel
Detroit Mayor Mike Duggan
Former Congressman Tim Ryan
Former New Hampshire Congresswoman Carol Shea-Porter
Minnesota Governor Tim Walz
U.S. Senator for Minnesota Amy Klobuchar
U.S. Senator for Minnesota Tina Smith
Former New Hampshire Attorney General Joseph Foster
Eric Adams
Reverend Al Sharpton
Bronx Borough President Ruben Diaz Jr.
Former New York Congressman Charles Rangel
Former Illinois Congressman Bobby Rush
Former West Virginia Governor Earl Ray Tomblin
U.S. Senator for West Virginia Joe Manchin (Said He'd Vote For)
South Carolina State House Minority Leader Todd Rutherford
Jeff Merkley
U.S. Senator for Oregon Ron Wyden
Washington Governor Jay Inslee
Oregon Governor Tina Kotek
Former Secretary of Labor Robert Reich (Shared with Khanna)
Idaho State Representative Paulette Jordan
Former Montana Governor Brian Schweitzer
U.S. Senator for Vermont Peter Welch
Media Personality David Pakman
Oregon Congresswoman Val Hoyle
Former Oregon Congressman Peter DeFazio
Former U.S. Senator for West Virginia Jay Rockefeller
U.S. Senator for Massachusetts Ed Markey
Vermont Lieutenant Governor David Zuckerman
Maine State Senate President Troy Jackson
Former New Hampshire Executive Councillor Andru Volinsky
Ro Khanna
Media Personality Cenk Uygur
Former Secretary of Labor Robert Reich (Shared with Merkley)
President of the CWA Chris Shelton
Communications Workers of America
Wisconsin Congressman Mark Pocan
Washington Congresswoman Pramila Jayapal
Minnesota Congresswoman Ilhan Omar
Pennsylvania Congresswoman Summer Lee
New York Congressman Jamaal Bowman
Mayor of Boston Michelle Wu
Kirsten Gillibrand
Governor of New York Kathy Hochul
New York Congressman Paul D. Tonko
New York Congresswoman Yvette Clarke
Virginia Congresswoman Jennifer Wexton
Massachusetts Governor Maura Healey
Former New Hampshire Governor John Lynch
Al Gore
Former Tennesse Congressman Jim Cooper
Tennessee Congressman Steve Cohen
Nashville Mayor John Cooper
Virginia Congressman Don Beyer
Former U.S. Senator for Alabama Doug Jones
Former U.S. Senator for Louisiana Mary Landrieu
Texas Congressman Lloyd Doggett
Charleston SC Mayor John Tecklenburg
Former Tennessee Governor Phil Bredesen
Virginia Congressman Bobby Scott
Former South Carolina Governor Richard Riley
North Carolina Governor Roy Cooper
Former Manchester Mayor Robert A. Baines
Pilot Sully Sullenberger
Activist Khizr Khan
Former Columbia Mayor Stephen Benjamin

This List does not include all endorsements, nor does the absence of named endorsements mean you have no endorsements, these are just meant to indicate to players who is gathering what kind of support where and as a record of major endorsements. Also remember they are far from the be all end all.

This is the last turn update until results in Iowa and South Carolina
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #241 on: January 12, 2023, 03:38:45 AM »
« Edited: January 12, 2023, 03:48:52 AM by Senator Spiral »

Rainbow Coalition

During his announcement speech in January, Roger Stone promised to build a "multiracial, multigenerational, working class Republican Party." More than any other Republican candidate, Stone would actually make good on this approach both in terms of messaging and in outreach. It all begins with the campaign.

Since the summer, the Stone campaign has made good inroads into the Hispanic-American community across all its ethnicities. Now the campaign would accelerate their efforts into overdrive. Evidence of this was the fact that Stone himself has been brushing up on his Spanish to more easily deploy on the campaign trail and in Spanish-language advertisements. His wife Nydia, who has been a hit on the media appearances she has loyally done over the months, would now officially hit the stump starting in the fall: both paired with Roger and also solo to maximize campaign coverage.

The campaign believes they have a magic ingredient to accelerating Stone's support with Latinos: his Catholic faith, a rarity among the field. Latinos are overwhelmingly Catholic, and they also tend to be more devout. Roger and Nydia would make a practice of attending Hispanic-dominated churches one by one, preaching how his renewed Catholicism has changed him, made him a better man, and how his unique family bonds help further to understand their communities better than anyone. Over time, they would mold the narrative to Hispanic churchgoers that Stone is all about faith, family, freedom, and aspiring to the American Dream.

Another main component to Stone's outreach would be canvassing various Latino-owned businesses. Stone would make the rounds with carpenters and other tradesmen to stress his blue collar immigrant roots; he would connect with store owners and entrepreneurs to highlight the benefits of his tax policies for their business and families, along with how his bold law and order rhetoric assures that criminals threatening their lives and livelihoods would not sleep at night. Stone also appealed to notable Hispanic conservatives in business and media to have his platform amplified. Among the names that he met with included TV host Geraldo Rivera, radio host Tito the Builder, activist Mauro Mujica, businessman Larry Rubin, and most notoriously rapper Lil Pump. During campaigning in Nevada, Stone and his wife took the bold step of meeting with former Governor Brian Sandoval: someone much more moderate than Stone's reputation, but somebody who possibly could be swayed by the level of dedication that the candidate has towards the community.

These activities would naturally be concentrated in Nevada as the first primary to prominently feature Latinos among the population, although the Stone campaign has made sure to microtarget the small pockets of Latinos living in Iowa and New Hampshire, particularly in their urban areas. The campaign is also investing significant expenditures toward boosting Stone with positive radio and TV ads in Hispanic media on the referenced themes, along with negative ads hitting DeSantis as two-faced, weak on crime, and morally questionable. Even beyond the first primaries, Stone is already looking ahead to fortify strong ground game operations in Super Tuesday states and beyond. Particular states of focus for Latino voters are California, Colorado, and Texas, where Stone believes he can edge out the competition through enthusiastic GOTV among his eclectic base.

There is another demographic where the campaign believes they can dominate: African-Americans. Stone has watched the outreach coming from Nikki Haley and has simply laughed at a candidate not properly reading the room. Black conservatives tend not to be squishy like Haley or Tim Scott. On the contrary, they are often much like Stone: further on the right, with hard-nosed, edgy flairs to their style. Very soon, just like with Latinos, the candidate is expecting that Blacks for Stone will become a real movement.

Given that black conservatives are often elevated to prominence in media, Stone first takes a media-heavy approach. Stone orchestrated a livestream with commentator Candance Owens on the real issues facing black America and how RINOs like Haley assume they know what is best for voices like herself. Back in Florida, Stone arranged a talk with the rising Byron Donalds, who also happens to belong in the Freedom Caucus that the candidate is hoping for the support of. Stone has also long maintained friendly relations with Ben Carson, who recently dropped out of the race, and sat in prayer with the doctor as they discussed the epidemic of aborted black children.

Going into the outreach, Stone already had some heavyweight voices in his column. Silk (formerly of the duo Diamond and Silk) would produce viral videos hyping Stone. Allen West, former Florida congressman and former Texas GOP chair, has the connections nationwide to organize African-American support in conservative circles. However, none of the early supporters would be as notable and vital as Alveda King, niece of Martin Luther King Jr. Stone and King made some high profile visits to conservative black churches across Alabama, Arkansas, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Tennessee, and Texas as part of the broader Super Tuesday strategy. King touted Stone's frankness, fighting spirit, and unpretentiousness as just the kind of traits that make him the best choice in 2024.

There would also be notable outreach to tap into the Asian community, although Stone believes that Glenn Youngkin has enough of a head start on Asians where he would remain in the lead with them for a while. For now, however, Stone would attempt to claim the vocal minority of Asian conservatives and crowd out any other opponents from building serious efforts. Stone would beat the drum loudest of the issues of crime (as the self-proclaimed law and order candidate), the economy (by sharply reducing taxes and bringing the federal government to order), along with Stone's personal wedge issue thrown in of affirmative action and the policy's unjust consequences toward the Asian community.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #242 on: January 12, 2023, 11:34:58 AM »
« Edited: January 13, 2023, 01:43:06 PM by Devout Centrist »

Lake Campaign Spot #1 - Shown in Iowa, New Hampshire, and Nevada
Credit to National Today
Lake: You are our greatest generation. You fought for this country from the shores of Incheon to the outskirts of Da Nang.

Credit to Iowa Soybean Association
Credit to MLive.com
Lake: You built a home for your family. You built a legacy for your children. Whether you worked in a mill, on a farm, or fought for our country, you know the importance of sacrifice and an honest day's work

Credit to AMC
Lake: Now, in your golden years, you need someone looking out for you. You need someone you can trust. Someone who will fight for you. A woman who says what she does, and does what she says. When people ask you who you're voting for, tell 'em-

Elderly Vietnam Veteran: I'm leading with Lake!

Elderly paper mill worker: Leading with Lake!

Elderly woman knitting: Leading with Lake! Cause good help is hard to find these days.

Credit to Politico
Lake: Kari Lake. A leader you can trust.

Ad will run from Early December 2023 to Early February 2024. The Lake campaign will target the ad for men and women aged 55+, with an eye for ad spots during local news broadcasts and shows popular with the demographic (Days of Our Lives, General Hospital, Murder She Wrote, etc.)

PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #243 on: January 12, 2023, 01:27:45 PM »

The 11/8 Address

After the tragic events of 11/8, Roger Stone stepped out to deliver a televised address for a primetime audience. A curious nation tuned in to hear one of the most striking speeches in recent political history:

Good evening.

What happened on November 8th is an absolute tragedy. This is undeniable. I extend my heart out to the families of those brave officers and the DOJ employee whose lives were tragically cut short. My prayers are for peace across this great land.

There are political opportunists crawling out, accusing me and my campaign as being responsible for this or somehow having some involvement. Allow me to set the record straight. I absolutely, categorically condemn this violent act and these perpetrators. I have never called for breaking the law. I stand with our men and women in law enforcement, through thick and thin. These individuals were not known by myself or by my campaign. They were lone wolves, with their own agenda.

This country is going through a lot of hurt right now. There is a lot of anger. Grave injustices are being waged by the ruling class, backed by a complicit media and their mouthpieces in elected office. When they continue to constrict the American people, cornering them at every opportunity, there will be some who are convinced that acts of desperation like this grave attack are the only way. This is sadly what happened here.

That is not the only way, though. Americans deserve a leader who understands their concerns and fears. When you talk, and when you listen, you reduce conflict and you reduce violence. My campaign is about being a voice for the voiceless, giving power to the powerless. My campaign is about being a constructive force for good, finally uniting Americans of all backgrounds under a common message of standing for them and not the ruling class. Yes, we're often rambunctious, but that's what regular folks are like!

You will surely see some of my opponents try to take advantage of 11/8, claiming that I'm a danger, claiming that I should drop out. Let me just say, politicizing the loss of these lives is simply wrong. My resolve to fight for this beautiful country has only grown stronger. There are millions of hard-working, upstanding, patriotic Americans who have no blame for this act. They cannot be punished for the acts of a few, nor will we let them.

Our campaign is a movement. This movement has the momentum. This movement will stay strong and persevere. We will not be shaken down by the forces who have brought America to the low point it's at today. We are breaking new grounds as a peaceful, democratic movement. We will show up, we will vote, and we will win.

I stand for reclaiming the freedoms of those who are wrongly silenced. I stand for upholding true law and order, keeping our streets safe from thugs and terrorists. Most of all, I stand for you.

Thank you for listening. May God continue to bless this great country.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #244 on: January 12, 2023, 06:09:32 PM »

Ro Khanna 2024

@RoKhanna: Anyone harassing or trolling my fellow candidates online: I don't want your support. @KamalaHarris @PeteButtigieg I offer my sincere apologies.

@RoKhanna: Let's be clear, what happened at the DoJ was a terrorist attack, plain and simple.

Debate responses

Good evening, and thank you Jake for moderating tonight, and to the Gaillard Center for hosting us tonight.

Tonight, I believe we're going to see the standard for our party; a contest of ideas, not personalities. Ideas that will keep this nation moving forward into an era where what was once thought impossible-a full energy transition, heightened minimum wage, and universal healthcare-is now possible.

I started my life like most, as a student at a public school, and over the years, I've learnt one thing: despite working forty hours a week, paying their taxes, and keeping to the law, the average American is still struggling. I got a glimpse of this firsthand when I was prosecuting contractor fraud after Hurricane Katrina; how those we claim to stand for, claim to support the American Dream for, get left behind.

Tonight, I hope to be able to convince you why my platform will benefit everyone, not just a few at the top.

1. What is your approach to immigration policy. Do you support increasing the cap for asylum seekers and refugees? Do you support more liberal measures like decriminalizing illegal border crossings into the United States?

My parents came to this country from India. My grandfather was arrested for agitating for greater freedom for the Indian people and spent time in prison. Many of our greatest success stories are from people who have immigrated here or are born to immigrants.

I would greatly increase the number of skilled immigrants into this country. We have benefited and will continue to benefit as a nation from skilled people coming into our country and working here. There should also be a serious move towards cracking down on underpaying foregin workers, who in many cases are exploited by businesses wanting to save a few dollars. That exploitation hurts everyone; we need to ensure that migrant workers are paid a proper wage, and crack down on businesses that exploit them unfairly.

2. There has been an uptick of crime, especially in urban areas like New York City and Chicago since the COVID-19 pandemic. What measures will you support to bring crime, theft, and gun violence under control?

You'll hear a lot of talk frm Republicans about various half-measures. More officers on the street and pointless instructions to District Attorneys to prosecute crimes won't do anything. If you want to tckle crime in this country, you have strike at the sources: poverty, lack of education, and cynicism.

Here and now, we have the best tools available to us to tackle all three. We can tackle poverty through increasing the minimum wage and encouraging business investment in these communities by offering incentives in these areas, as well as modernising housing and other key infrastructure. Schools in high-crime areas, I think you'll find, have been neglected for decades and severely lacking in funding and modern curriculums. We need to update our education standards and infrastructure to modern requirements, particularly as we move into an increasingly digital world.

With these in hand, we may be able to start fighting the cynicism that has been created in our poorer, more crime-affected neighbourhoods, and restore some of the hope that's been lost in those neighbourhoods. These people don't want to turn to crime; they fell forced to by a system that has let them down. We must fix that.

3. What measures would you take as President to protect access to abortion for women in states where state governments have taken measures against abortion rights? What about measures for LGBT people?

We've passed the Respect for Marriage Act. This bill compels states to recgonise same-sex marriage. However, there's more to be done for our LGBT population, especially with the ongoing prejudice and hate crimes that they have been victims of. I would enforce rigorously our hate crime laws, and ensure that state governments in this country can't simply get away with institutionalised prejudice against the LGBT populations.

I suspect my answer on abortion will be similar to my colleagues up here: codify Roe vs Wade into law. We had chances to do that over the years, and we lived under the illusion that the status quo would never change. Well, it has changed, and we need to change too. One of the first acts of my presidency would be to put a bill to the floor that codifies Roe vs Wade into law, legalising abortion in all fifty states and all US territories.

To be clear, regarding abortion, simply making it illegal, as many Republicans want to do, will not end abortion as we know it. It will simply drive it underground, with unsafe implements and risky procedures. They know this, but they won't admit it, because it doesn't suit the narrative that they've built for themselves, so we need to be shouting it from the rooftops: Do you want that? Do you abortions to be carried out in unsterilised environments by unqualified people? Is that the future you want?

They don't have an answer for it. They never do.

4. Are you concerned about Saudi interference in American elections? How do you view our relationship with the Kingdom in general, is it time to re-evaluate what has been a longstanding alliance?

I am very concerned about our relations with Saudi Arabia in general. I've been active in this area too; I was one of the four Congressmen who submitted a bipartisan bill that would end our military assistance to Saudi Arabia in the Yemen conflict on the grounds that Congress never authorised such actions.

Saudi Arabia, as a nation, is not what one would describe as enlightened. People are still beheaded for sorcery and apostasy there, people are persecuted because of their sexual orientation, and in many cases, I believe Saudi Arabia has had a hand in exporting the foul Wahhabist ideology that is the foundation of many terrorist groups in the world. We need to accelerate our shift to renewable energy as much as we can and cut ties with this regime.

5. Raise your hand if you a gun buyback program, voluntary or mandatory. (You may write one sentence

Raises hand. Gun violence is an epidemic in this country, and I would support a voluntary buyback program to help curb it.

You represent much of Silicon Valley. Would you support legislation to break up big tech companies? Do you support more government regulation of social media companies?

Absolutely. I have long supported the need to get more entrepeneurs involved in the tech industry; more small businesses in the tech sector means fewer big companies control it all. It reduces monopolisation, forces bigger businesses to innvoate in order to keep up, and will foster investment by the tech industry in more than just California and New York.

In order to stay with the modern wrld, the tech industry cannot afford to keep investing in places like New York City or Silicon Valley. We need people setting up businesses in Detroit, Austin, Miami, Pittburgh, and a hundred other places that need that investment froma an industry that is growing fast and will likely become the dominant one as the years go by. I would support every measure we can write to foster this approach, and rein in the poower of the major companies.

Closing statement

Each person up here tonight has expressed their views and ideas on the future. I believe each of us has the right ideas; we just differ in the best way to execute those ideas. We all have the same end goals: protect our workers, LGBT and women's rights, and progress in all areas. I just hope that you, the people at home, agree that I've presented the best case I could.

Thank you.
John King wannabe
AshtonShabazz

« Reply #245 on: January 12, 2023, 06:32:12 PM »

Congressman Jim Clyburn endorses Kamala Harris for President

At a press conference in Charleston, with Vice President Harris by his side. Assistant Democratic Leader and Congressman Jim Clyburn endorsed Kamala Harris's campaign for the Democratic nomination for President. His remarks are below:

"Hello everyone, please. please sit down I don't wanna tire you all out. I'll start off and get straight to the point soon but let me thank the Vice President for being here with me, a strong leader, a strong Vice President and I hope a strong President"

“I grew up in a community where most people hated me because I looked different, I met my wife at a jail after being arrested during a civil rights march, most of my colleagues in the House went to colleges like Georgetown, Stanford, UNC, the Ivy Leagues. I went to South Carolina State University, a historically black school with a 33% graduation rate. As an African-American student. In the ‘50s. But for me, in the face of hatred and bigotry, perseverance was the only option.”

“What amazes me about Kamala Harris, and other younger black politicians of this time, is how we can be born two and a half decades apart, yet both of us have similar stories, about having to strive twice as hard as the white people in the room, to accomplish half as much!”

“And while that is a massive problem, and considering that, you can imagine just how proud it makes me to turn on my television and whenever I find time to flip to CNN, to see Kamala Harris standing side by side by a true leader, our President, Joe Biden, as his right hand woman.”

“And in true Kamala fashion, she didn’t stop there. A few months ago Kamala announced her candidacy for President, and even though I of course met with a lot of candidates who definitely wanted my endorsement, who know the people of South Carolina trust me, I felt I would be doing a disservice to our nation to reject them the opportunity to have the first black woman as President of the United States!”

“North Charleston, I know why you’re angry. It is outrageous that in this city, which is 47% African American, 20% of the citizens live in poverty, when just across the harbor, there are mansions, and penthouses that garnish the city of Mount Pleasant, which is 90% white!”

“Now, I think that we need someone who will be a President for the black AND the white South Carolinians! The rich and the poor, the city folk, and the country dwellers, that’s not too much to ask for, I’ve spent my life fighting for that! And while I’m thrilled that these issues have drawn attention from the other candidates, anyone I’ve ever known has learned one way or another, that talk is cheap! Kamala Harris, the daughter of a single-mother and two immigrants, a part of the second class of the busing program at Berkeley Public Schools, knows what it’s like to be the underdog! I’ve known her for years to be a woman of her word, and I know that she won’t forget those very personal experiences, or the promises she’s made to the people of our state, when she is sitting in the Oval Office!”

“South Carolina, Charleston, if you trust me, if you trust your neighbors and your family members who have joined this incredible lady in her fight to obliterate the closed-minded standards which dictate who can and can’t be President, then join us!”

“This endorsement is also about policy! I have sat with Kamala Harris in Washington D.C., and I have made historic policy decisions with her. This is not a lady who was a ‘conservative democrat’ two years ago. Her healthcare plan which provides a public option, whilst giving the choice back to taxpayers is the same plan that she ran on in 2020, and it’s something I can get behind. I can also get behind her plans for comprehensive gun reform, because she’s proven herself to be an able negotiator during the Biden-Harris administration on this exact issue. With other candidates in the past, especially some of the ones who ran in 2020, it felt like they were just saying what they knew the public wanted to hear, but with Vice President Harris, you really do get a sense that she knows what she’s getting herself into, and that whenever she makes a promise, she’s already sat down with her people and made a plan for how she can make it a reality within the first hundred days of her term.”

“Kamala Harris will use her experience AND her ambition, to lead us into a brighter future no matter where you come from, and to put the needs of this state on the VERY TOP of her list. Folks, we look forward to watching her win all 46 counties just as my friends, President Joe Biden, and Secretary Hillary Clinton did, don’t we?”

“And I personally look forward to working with her, to make South Carolina and America, great! She is the only candidate in this race that has won a tough national general election in this decade, and she will do it again once we send her all the way to the DNC with THIS party’s nomination. Thank you!”
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #246 on: January 12, 2023, 08:05:31 PM »

Nikki Haley Campaign Ad: "Lake the Fake"
Airing in Iowa, New Hampshire, Nevada and South Carolina

Voiceover: How conservative is Kari Lake?

Voiceover: Lake admitted to voting for liberals like John Kerry and Barack Obama.

Voiceover: She attacked our efforts to free Iraq from the tyranny of Saddam Hussein, selling out our brothers and sisters in arms.

Voiceover: She claims that conservative tax cuts are only "for the rich."

Voiceover: And Lake took a page from Al Gore and Stacey Abrams' playbook, falsely claiming her race for Governor of Arizona was stolen.

Voiceover: Even Donald Trump called her a fake.
Image on Screen: Kari Lake says a lot of things! People say she tries to sound like Trump! But I'm the real thing!
@realDonaldTrump, Truth Social, December 17th, 2023
Voiceover: Don't be fooled.  Kari Laks calls herself a conservative; her record says otherwise.
Haley: I'm Nikki Haley, and I approve this message.

Running from early December 2023 to early February 2024 on TV and the web.  This ad is targeted toward men and women aged 55+ and will air most frequently during local news broadcasts and shows popular with the demographic (Days of Our Lives, General Hospital, Murder She Wrote, etc.)
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #247 on: January 12, 2023, 08:24:34 PM »

Nikki Haley Campaign Ad: "Loser"
Airing in Iowa, New Hampshire, Nevada and South Carolina
Haley: I'm Nikki Haley, and I approve this message.
Ainsley Earhart (on [footage): Fox News projects Democrat Katie Hobbs will defeat GOP candidate Kari Lake out in Arizona...
Voiceover: When Kari Lake ran for governor of Arizona, she lost to a liberal Democrat.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jjcbdYKf3g&t=11s

Voiceover: Then she lied about it.
Image on Screen: "Kari Lake hints at election fraud, but offers no facts" -NY Daily News

Voiceover: She took a page out of Al Gore and Stacey Abrams' playbook, refusing to accept defeat and claiming the election was stolen.

Voiceover: If Lake couldn't win in Arizona, what makes anyone think that she could win nationally?  She's Democrats' favorite Republican.
Running from mid-December 2023 to early February 2024 on TV and the web.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #248 on: January 12, 2023, 08:38:02 PM »
« Edited: January 12, 2023, 08:46:54 PM by Oldiesfreak1854 »

Nikki Haley Campaign Ad: "Leader"
Airing in Iowa
Kim Reynolds: As the first female governor in Iowa's history, I know what it takes to be a leader.  And so does Nikki Haley.  As Governor of South Carolina, she improved education and fought for taxpayers.  As UN Ambassador she stood up to bullies like China, Iran, North Korea and Palestine.

Marianette Miller-Meeks: I support Nikki Haley because she has what it takes to be president.  She says what she means and means what she says.  You can trust her.  She'll fight for Iowa values, not Washington values.

Nikki Haley: As president, I'll fight like hell for this great country.  I'll work for lower taxes, ban woke education and restore trust in America abroad.  I'm Nikki Haley, and I approve this message because together, we can make sure that America's best days are still ahead.

Airing from early December 2023 through early February 2024 on TV and the web, this ad is targeted toward women of all age groups, and will air most frequently during network shows (Days of Our Lives, General Hospital, The Young and the Restless, etc.) and cable channels similarly targeted toward women (Hallmark, Lifetime, OWN, etc.)
John King wannabe
AshtonShabazz

« Reply #249 on: January 12, 2023, 08:54:27 PM »

Vice President Harris visits DoJ, examines damage and meets with families

On the Saturday after the attack on the DoJ building. Vice President Harris paid a visit to the Robert F. Kennedy building and solemnly laid flowers in front of the building as well as entering to meet with the victim's families. In the building the Vice President pledged her support for a clear and comprehensive investigation into what happened, the cause, and what can be done to prevent a further attack of any magnitude on any federal building in the future.

Afterwards the Vice President attended an impromptu meeting with Attorney General Garland and members of the national guard stationed outside the building. There they began to discuss further steps to protect federal agency buildings and the Vice President pledged the full cooperation of the Biden-Harris administration.

The Vice President would then emerge to speak to the press after these discussions.

"Good afternoon, everyone. Well actually it's not a good afternoon, not in the slightest. Today, our nation mourns the tragic loss of life in yet another attack on the very foundations of our democracy. My heart goes out to the families and loved ones of the victims, and to the entire community affected by this senseless act of violence."

"I want to assure the American people that the full resources of the federal government are being brought to bear in order to investigate and respond to this attack. We are working closely with local and state law enforcement agencies to gather all of the facts and bring those responsible to justice."

"I want to make it clear that this is not normal, and it cannot become normal. We cannot accept mass shootings as a regular part of American life. These tragedies tear at the fabric of our communities and our nation, and we cannot stand idly by while innocent people are murdered in cold blood. We will do everything in our power to bring those responsible to justice and to provide support and assistance to the victims and their families."

"But let me be clear, thoughts and prayers are not enough. We must take action to address the root causes of these tragedies, including easy access to weapons of war and the epidemic of gun violence in our country. We must also address the issue of mental health and work to ensure that those in need have access to the resources and support they need."

"I know this is a difficult time for our nation, but we must come together to support one another and to work towards a future where these senseless acts of violence are a thing of the past."

"Thank you."

After the press call the Vice President and Attorney General Garland went back to the White House for a briefing with President Biden, Secretary Mayorkas, National Security Advisors for a briefing on Domestic Security and the best way to defend against further threats on American soil perpetuated by American citizens.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 22  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies