What Comes After: A 2024 Game (Signup/Discussion)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 05:44:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  What Comes After: A 2024 Game (Signup/Discussion)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 18
Author Topic: What Comes After: A 2024 Game (Signup/Discussion)  (Read 23149 times)
RGM2609
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: December 11, 2022, 11:56:04 AM »

Reading Pete's body of work, and I'm not sure if any of you are ready for how corny the second gay President of the United States will be.

I'm assuming the first was Buchanan.
Presumably. As an accredited Peteologist, I have evidence of him saying it was statistically almost certain that America had great gay president(s).

Given Buchanan literally committed treason by going out of his way to aid the South during the run up to the Civil War, he was NOT a great gay President. (Look for that as a Pence attack line at some point).
So what will that sound like? "Buchanan was gay and he started the civil war! Don't vote for Buttigieg!"?
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #51 on: December 11, 2022, 11:58:45 AM »

Reading Pete's body of work, and I'm not sure if any of you are ready for how corny the second gay President of the United States will be.

I'm assuming the first was Buchanan.
Presumably. As an accredited Peteologist, I have evidence of him saying it was statistically almost certain that America had great gay president(s).

Given Buchanan literally committed treason by going out of his way to aid the South during the run up to the Civil War, he was NOT a great gay President. (Look for that as a Pence attack line at some point).
So what will that sound like? "Buchanan was gay and he started the civil war! Don't vote for Buttigieg!"?

I probably wouldn't mention Buttigeig's sexuality (as much as it would be in character for Pence to do so, that's not where I'd want to go with that ad).

It would be more like:

"Pete Buttigeig openly admires James Buchanan, a man who aided the South in attempting to uphold slavery and walk away from our great union, at the cost of hundreds of thousands of lives. Is this what we want in our President?"
Carolyn
Rookie
United States

« Reply #52 on: December 11, 2022, 12:07:40 PM »

That's so blasé for a Republican attack. Where's the Carlson-inspired allegations that he's not even gay to begin with or the line from the Michigan GOP Co-Chair that's he a "weak little girl" for wanting to move away from gas-powered vehicles?
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #53 on: December 11, 2022, 12:09:15 PM »

That's so blasé for a Republican attack. Where's Carlson-inspired allegations that he's not even gay to begin with or the line from the Michigan GOP Co-Chair that's he a "weak little girl" for wanting to move away from gas-powered vehicles?

It's Mike Pence, not Marjorie Taylor Greene. Pence isn't going to go cuckoo-bananas with those types of attacks. (Besides, he's basically accusing Buttigeig wanting to commit treason, or did you not notice that subtext?)
Carolyn
Rookie
United States

« Reply #54 on: December 11, 2022, 12:12:29 PM »

Sooooo 2004.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #55 on: December 11, 2022, 12:15:18 PM »

KaiserDave, I apologize that I didn't ask this earlier, but do you mind if I have Pence run as an Independent, rather than a Republican? I don't think he'd be comfortable running for the nomination of a party that tried to have him murdered four years earlier.

If you say no, he'll seek the Republican nomination (I'm okay with that), but I thought I'd ask anyways.

He will be running as a Republican
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #56 on: December 11, 2022, 12:16:20 PM »

Given that I’ve been willing to grant Jakob Gillibrand I can grant you Warren but I would love to get a Cooper or Polis.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #57 on: December 11, 2022, 12:18:23 PM »

I will be setting up the game thread within the next 24 hours.
RGM2609
« Reply #58 on: December 11, 2022, 12:20:07 PM »

That's so blasé for a Republican attack. Where's Carlson-inspired allegations that he's not even gay to begin with or the line from the Michigan GOP Co-Chair that's he a "weak little girl" for wanting to move away from gas-powered vehicles?

It's Mike Pence, not Marjorie Taylor Greene. Pence isn't going to go cuckoo-bananas with those types of attacks. (Besides, he's basically accusing Buttigeig wanting to commit treason, or did you not notice that subtext?)
Nah we noticed the subtext, which is why we were eager to learn more
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #59 on: December 11, 2022, 12:32:04 PM »

I know he isn't on the list, but could I play Justin Amash as the Libertarian candidate?
John King wannabe
AshtonShabazz

« Reply #60 on: December 11, 2022, 01:21:48 PM »

Will the game begin in January of 2023? And is it fine if some candidates don't announce their runs until later on?
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #61 on: December 11, 2022, 01:27:46 PM »

Will the game begin in January of 2023? And is it fine if some candidates don't announce their runs until later on?

I personally think later makes more sense. There's no way some candidates (like DeSantis) are going to announce that early (for that matter, Harris won't either, I presume).
Senator Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #62 on: December 11, 2022, 01:32:05 PM »

I personally think later makes more sense. There's no way some candidates (like DeSantis) are going to announce that early (for that matter, Harris won't either, I presume).

A really early start also raises the risk of the game losing momentum even before the primaries.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #63 on: December 11, 2022, 03:22:56 PM »

I know he isn't on the list, but could I play Justin Amash as the Libertarian candidate?

If you insist but you'll get attention proportionate to how third parties are treated in real life.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #64 on: December 11, 2022, 03:59:34 PM »

Jumping in as Kari Lake
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #65 on: December 11, 2022, 04:02:14 PM »

I'm sorry but there's so much room for conspiracy theorizing wackos (and in any case, if you want to go there, you're better off with Marjorie Taylor Greene anyways. At least she won her race in 2022).
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #66 on: December 11, 2022, 04:11:26 PM »

I think we're ready. I'll still accept applicants but I will prepare the game thread.

Expect Turn I to start early but run through a lot of time. It will make sense when I post it.
RGM2609
« Reply #67 on: December 11, 2022, 04:58:45 PM »

I'm sorry but there's so much room for conspiracy theorizing wackos (and in any case, if you want to go there, you're better off with Marjorie Taylor Greene anyways. At least she won her race in 2022).
MTG won in an R+2000 district. She'd be toast statewide. Lake came within 1% in a swing state.
John King wannabe
AshtonShabazz

« Reply #68 on: December 11, 2022, 05:15:49 PM »

The Harris campaign strategy:

Harnessing the power of Ann Richards and Bill Nelson, we will unite every single coastal state in our column inshallah.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #69 on: December 11, 2022, 05:18:14 PM »

The Harris campaign strategy:

Harnessing the power of Ann Richards and Bill Nelson, we will unite every single coastal state in our column inshallah.
316 firewall!
Mycool

Political Matrix
E: -4.58, S: -6.52

« Reply #70 on: December 11, 2022, 06:39:05 PM »

Given that I’ve been willing to grant Jakob Gillibrand I can grant you Warren but I would love to get a Cooper or Polis.
I can take Polis instead.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #71 on: December 11, 2022, 06:53:26 PM »

I can take Polis instead.

If that's what you want I'd be happy to grant that.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #72 on: December 11, 2022, 09:58:38 PM »

If you insist but you'll get attention proportionate to how third parties are treated in real life.

I wanted to be involved, but wasn't sure if I could be all that active so I figured a side character would do
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #73 on: December 11, 2022, 10:14:43 PM »

I wanted to be involved, but wasn't sure if I could be all that active so I figured a side character would do

It's fine then, and PSOL can be Hawkins.
VirginiaAaron
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -3.44

P P P

« Reply #74 on: December 11, 2022, 11:12:38 PM »

Could I request Lin Wood?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 18  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length