Don Bolduc is running for NH GOP leadership position
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 10:03:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Don Bolduc is running for NH GOP leadership position
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Don Bolduc is running for NH GOP leadership position  (Read 1175 times)
BenjiG98
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.00, S: -2.26

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 05, 2022, 12:54:34 PM »

Spectator
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2022, 01:40:48 PM »

I guess he DID do better than the GOP House candidates by a hair.
Dani Rose
danixander92
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2022, 02:09:17 PM »

Because this routine worked so well with Kelli Ward that they just have to try it again.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2022, 03:20:27 AM »

Republicans continue to choose idiotic extremists as their state party leaders .Nothing new. Results? Look at Republican party of Massachusetts results under Lyons leadership)))))
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2022, 03:08:30 PM »

Is this the Vermontization of the NHGOP?
Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2022, 04:46:44 PM »

Sweet, I'm all for it!
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2022, 06:50:00 PM »

Don Boldic is a good man.  I wish him well.
Not Me, Us
KhanOfKhans
United States

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2022, 08:50:44 PM »

You can't possibly think a guy who lost statewide by 9 points in a Dem midterm would be a good person to lead the state party.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2022, 09:16:50 PM »

You can't possibly think a guy who lost statewide by 9 points in a Dem midterm would be a good person to lead the state party.

He's a good man.  He's got courage and character.  That's a good start.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2022, 10:21:06 PM »

I didn't really follow this race in detail; I knew Bolduc was running as an "extreme" candidate and failed partly for that reason, but that can mean a lot of things. Is he a Mastriano-style convinced wingnut or more of a conservative pragmatist who can moderate as-and-when needed? If he's the latter then he might actually be a better choice than many in the NHGOP.
South Dakota Democrat
jrk26

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2022, 10:22:17 PM »

He's got courage to baselessly deny the outcome of an election and then backtrack in a transparent show of political expediency, sure.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2022, 01:59:33 AM »

What happened in VTGOP? Thanks to Phil Scott, I can't help but always assume that the VTGOP is still moderate Rockefeller Republicans.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2022, 02:00:59 AM »

Yes, but to be in a state party's leadership, knowing how to win elections is honestly a better start.

And why do you say he's got courage and character, anyway? For parroting baseless, warrantless, consistently debunked 2020 election conspiracy theories?
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2022, 02:53:52 AM »

What happened in VTGOP? Thanks to Phil Scott, I can't help but always assume that the VTGOP is still moderate Rockefeller Republicans.

The VTGOP has basically started to turn its back on Scott. The candidate he had endorsed for senate lost by 5 points and several other GOP figures have attacked him … yea it makes no sense.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2022, 02:01:38 PM »

The VTGOP has basically started to turn its back on Scott. The candidate he had endorsed for senate lost by 5 points and several other GOP figures have attacked him … yea it makes no sense.

I love Phil Scott and he’s one of the best GOP politicians out there, but you know what I’d honestly find quite satisfying in a way? If he lost renomination in 2024, and the candidate the GOP nominated instead lost in a landslide.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2022, 02:46:27 PM »

I love Phil Scott and he’s one of the best GOP politicians out there, but you know what I’d honestly find quite satisfying in a way? If he lost renomination in 2024, and the candidate the GOP nominated instead lost in a landslide.

If Phil Scott looses renomination then it is a forgone conclusion democrats win
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -7.29, S: -9.48

P
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2022, 03:22:36 PM »

ENDORSED!!!
Senator Incitatus
AMB1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.06, S: 5.74

« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2022, 02:28:29 PM »

Really excellent non sequitur but I'm happy to inform you that losing political candidates often make good party leaders; sometimes, the bigger the loss, the better. The worst party leaders are those with some remaining ambition for office.
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2022, 02:42:50 PM »

Really excellent non sequitur but I'm happy to inform you that losing political candidates often make good party leaders; sometimes, the bigger the loss, the better. The worst party leaders are those with some remaining ambition for office.
sure as hell hasn't worked in Arizona...
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2022, 02:52:08 PM »

Don Boldic is a good man.  I wish him well.

There is some validity to what he's saying.
In general, the skill set for candidate is NOT the same as that of party chair and some people can do better, perhaps even much better, in the latter than the former. That does not always pan out, of course.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2022, 02:55:24 PM »

In general, I'd say that seeing electoral results as the yardstick for all kinds of political skills, and in fact to see electoral results as the only worthy yardstick of all kinds of political skill, is misguided and that is the kind of thinking that parties tend to eschew for good reason.
Not Me, Us
KhanOfKhans
United States

« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2022, 01:05:33 AM »

Don Boldic is a good man.  I wish him well.

In general, the skill set for candidate is NOT the same as that of party chair and some people can do better, perhaps even much better, in the latter than the former. That does not always pan out, of course.

I won't dispute that this can be the case. Stacey Abrams for example has been a pretty poor candidate but has strong organizing skills that may make her a decent party chair. But I don't think Don Bolduc really has the skills needed for this type of role.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2022, 01:08:03 AM »

I won't dispute that this can be the case. Stacey Abrams for example has been a pretty poor candidate but has strong organizing skills that may make her a decent party chair. But I don't think Don Bolduc really has the skills needed for this type of role.
I guess it's worth asking ourselves, where does his skill set lie in? That's something we might not yet fully understand.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies