Could Trump drop out before 2024 arrives? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 09:00:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Could Trump drop out before 2024 arrives? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Could Trump drop out before 2024 arrives?  (Read 1501 times)
SN2903
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: 3.91

P P
« on: December 05, 2022, 05:08:19 PM »

He only will if the polls show him losing to DeSantis or someone else. I am pretty sure he won't go into a race that he knows he will lose.
While this is a good point it's also true that we haven't seen DeSantis go up against Trump yet and we don't know how that would play out.
SN2903
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2022, 05:14:16 PM »

If he drops out for any reason he will blame America and say that he can't count on a fair election, whether in the primary or the general.
The thing is when it comes down to it will GOP voters really pick DeSantis over him? I don't know.
SN2903
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2022, 05:16:21 PM »

If he drops out for any reason he will blame America and say that he can't count on a fair election, whether in the primary or the general.
The thing is when it comes down to it will GOP voters really pick DeSantis over him? I don't know.

Depends on how tired of losing they get. We'll see what happens in Georgia tomorrow. If Warnock wins then Trump will likely take the blame again for that one, but if Walker wins then that's a big wild card.
What about a Trump/DeSantis ticket?
SN2903
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2022, 09:30:25 PM »

I don't see it unless he's a complete non factor with the primaries approaching, which is unlikely. If there's any chance he's dropping out both due to ego and his believing his own hype.  
He is collapsing hard. He is over 20 pts down to Ron DeSantis and it's not even 2023. I think he is definitely finished as a candidate. No way he stays in the race. The irony is that Democrats obsession with investigating him may actually lead to DeSantis becoming President because it will make the primary relatively easy for DeSantis.

https://nypost.com/2022/12/13/republican-support-for-2024-trump-bid-falling-poll-shows/
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies