Could Trump drop out before 2024 arrives?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 07:14:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Could Trump drop out before 2024 arrives?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Could Trump drop out before 2024 arrives?  (Read 1494 times)
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2022, 10:14:38 PM »

If he ever did, he’d launch a third party most definitely similar to teddy Roosevelt in 1912. I’d say the map looks like this

Give AL to Trump and maybe MS to DeSantis.
TodayJunior
United States

« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2022, 10:39:19 PM »

If he ever did, he’d launch a third party most definitely similar to teddy Roosevelt in 1912. I’d say the map looks like this

I could actually see both going to Biden as the Dem floor is about 40% and the non-Biden vote would split between DeSantis/Trump among college-non college republicans. Easily.
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2022, 11:55:20 PM »

I don't see it unless he's a complete non factor with the primaries approaching, which is unlikely. If there's any chance he's dropping out both due to ego and his believing his own hype. 
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2022, 11:15:42 AM »

He can run as long as he isn't convicted and like all Politicians you can't have a record within 10 yrs of employment to get a Federal job
Plankton5165

P
« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2022, 01:50:07 AM »

He only will if the polls show him losing to DeSantis or someone else. I am pretty sure he won't go into a race that he knows he will lose.
The polls show DeSantis getting close. I doubt Trump will drop out, though.
SN2903
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: 3.91

P P
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2022, 09:30:25 PM »

I don't see it unless he's a complete non factor with the primaries approaching, which is unlikely. If there's any chance he's dropping out both due to ego and his believing his own hype.  
He is collapsing hard. He is over 20 pts down to Ron DeSantis and it's not even 2023. I think he is definitely finished as a candidate. No way he stays in the race. The irony is that Democrats obsession with investigating him may actually lead to DeSantis becoming President because it will make the primary relatively easy for DeSantis.

https://nypost.com/2022/12/13/republican-support-for-2024-trump-bid-falling-poll-shows/
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2022, 09:47:21 PM »

Biden and McCain were once in hopeless positions and became the nominees anyway. Giuliani and Clinton were once in dominating positions but nonetheless lost. Way too early to count Trump out.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2022, 11:32:59 PM »

He is collapsing hard. He is over 20 pts down to Ron DeSantis and it's not even 2023. I think he is definitely finished as a candidate. No way he stays in the race. The irony is that Democrats obsession with investigating him may actually lead to DeSantis becoming President because it will make the primary relatively easy for DeSantis.

https://nypost.com/2022/12/13/republican-support-for-2024-trump-bid-falling-poll-shows/

The investigations help Trump since it forces Republicans to keep defending him. The only way the investigations help DeSantis, and this is a real advantage, is by continuing to drive Trump out of his mind. It's very obvious that Trump is no longer capable of talking about issues that aren't directly related to his paranoia, so that's bad for Trump.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2022, 10:25:40 AM »

Sure, it's way too early for any predictions, but latest polling really suggests Trump might lose. And he might prefer to drop out and claim the process was rigged against him.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2022, 12:15:40 PM »

Biden and McCain were once in hopeless positions and became the nominees anyway. Giuliani and Clinton were once in dominating positions but nonetheless lost. Way too early to count Trump out.

Neither were former presidents and neither were under investigation for multiple crimes nor did they incite an insurrection against the US government.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2022, 12:18:16 PM »

Trump was pretty much in that second category prior to the midterms.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2022, 08:45:56 PM »

Neither were former presidents and neither were under investigation for multiple crimes nor did they incite an insurrection against the US government.

I don't think it matters. There are lots of differences between all of those people. The point is it's unpredictable.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #37 on: December 14, 2022, 08:49:47 PM »

True, but remember McCain and Biden also led before being completely out of it but still won haha
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #38 on: December 14, 2022, 08:51:32 PM »

True, but remember McCain and Biden also led before being completely out of it but still won haha

None of them were considered the clear frontrunner though.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #39 on: December 14, 2022, 10:44:19 PM »

Very well said. Anybody but Trump please because I am tired of losing.
Plankton5165

P
« Reply #40 on: December 18, 2022, 09:02:20 AM »

Trump must be really desired to be involved in presidential elections.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies