Does Georgia or Arizona flip first? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 01:39:27 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Does Georgia or Arizona flip first? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Does Georgia or Arizona flip first?  (Read 779 times)
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« on: December 01, 2022, 07:24:36 PM »

AZ, because its D-trend seems slower and less reliable.

Why is that? Democrats just won most the statewide races in Arizona and maybe (?) one at best in Georgia against a seriously flawed Republican. I think Arizona is the tougher bill for any Republican, but I expect Trump to lose both again.

Georgia's Democratic trend is because of black voters, who are very inflexibly Democratic. Arizona has growing populations of Hispanics and white suburbanites, both of whom are perfectly capable of breaking Republican in competitive elections. (Even though Republicans had a decently strong ticket in GA and a quite weak one in AZ in 2022, note that the strongest Republican in AZ was stronger than the strongest Republican in GA).

AZ is a pretty elastic state, and my guess is actually still that it votes right of the US in 2024 (a Republican victory there wouldn't necessarily mean a Republican victory nationally).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies