Do I listen to a wider variety of music than BRTD?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:35:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Do I listen to a wider variety of music than BRTD?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 20

Author Topic: Do I listen to a wider variety of music than BRTD?  (Read 1575 times)
I知 not Stu
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 30, 2022, 01:29:36 PM »
« edited: November 30, 2022, 11:20:06 PM by Everybody loves somebody to hate »

Do I listen to a larger variety of music than BRTD does?
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2022, 01:38:13 PM »

I kind of wonder if there are any Atlas posters who don't...
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2022, 05:26:51 PM »

Don't we have posters who only listen to rap or electronic music?
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2022, 05:46:37 PM »

I think he's said he likes Bob Dylan, right? At least that's something. Though I do find it funny that he was bragging about "exploring" 46 genres on Spotify this year when (1) Almost all of those were subgenres of Midwestern screamo emo, and (2) I've "explored" almost 40 genres on Spotify despite only getting the app two months ago.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2022, 05:57:18 PM »

I think he's said he likes Bob Dylan, right? At least that's something. Though I do find it funny that he was bragging about "exploring" 46 genres on Spotify this year when (1) Almost all of those were subgenres of Midwestern screamo emo, and (2) I've "explored" almost 40 genres on Spotify despite only getting the app two months ago.
I'll admit the 46 genres is misleading because there was a point when I did an experiment where I played rap songs on my phone on silent (usually when I was driving) to see if they'd end up on Daily Mixes and how they'd impact it...turns out they only did like 2 months later after I stopped playing any rap songs and went away after a week. So I didn't really listen to any rap subgenres included in that 46.
I知 not Stu
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2022, 06:14:42 PM »

Am I a rarity because I知 a fan of both the Doobie Brothers and the Ting Tings?
Lexii, harbinger of chaos and sexual anarchy
Alex
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2022, 06:56:06 PM »

Am I a rarity because I知 a fan of both the Doobie Brothers and the Ting Tings?

soft rock and indie pop/rock are not all that different in the greater scheme of things
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2022, 09:28:37 AM »

Yes but it's a low bar.
I知 not Stu
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2022, 06:35:36 PM »

I like Fiona Apple, Taylor Swift, Liz Phair, Incubus, the Ting Tings, Meghan Trainor, St. Vincent, Skating Polly, Chevelle, Paramore, and the Doobie Brothers.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2022, 07:16:16 PM »

I like Fiona Apple, Taylor Swift, Liz Phair, Incubus, the Ting Tings, Meghan Trainor, St. Vincent, Skating Polly, Chevelle, Paramore, and the Doobie Brothers.
I like Explosions in the Sky, Orchid, On Broken Wings, Jimmy Eat World, Paramore, Converge, Taking Back Sunday, Rainer Maria, The Ghost Inside, Mayday Parade, and Sunny Day Real Estate.

That's just as wide a variety as what you listed. Also funnily enough I've actually seen one of the bands in your list.
Lexii, harbinger of chaos and sexual anarchy
Alex
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2022, 09:27:59 PM »

I like Explosions in the Sky, Orchid, On Broken Wings, Jimmy Eat World, Paramore, Converge, Taking Back Sunday, Rainer Maria, The Ghost Inside, Mayday Parade, and Sunny Day Real Estate.

That's just as wide a variety as what you listed. Also funnily enough I've actually seen one of the bands in your list.

Was it Meghan Trainor?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2022, 09:35:14 PM »

Was it Meghan Trainor?
Skating Polly. They played an opening set at Riot Fest. I enjoyed it.
I知 not Stu
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2022, 09:50:31 PM »

Those are all emo bands.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2022, 10:25:05 PM »

Those are all emo bands.
The bolded ones are not by any reasonable standard.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2022, 02:12:38 AM »

Pretty sure my vinyl collection, cassette tape collection, and CD collection is likely much more extensive than BRTD's "Niche bands"...
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2022, 12:47:50 AM »

I'll admit the 46 genres is misleading because there was a point when I did an experiment where I played rap songs on my phone on silent (usually when I was driving) to see if they'd end up on Daily Mixes and how they'd impact it...turns out they only did like 2 months later after I stopped playing any rap songs and went away after a week. So I didn't really listen to any rap subgenres included in that 46.

This kind of has the vibe of Bushie driving slowly to try and cheat the walking app.
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2022, 01:07:06 AM »

Haven't heard of all yours but aren't they all some variation of pop-punk? His at least covers alternative/indie, pop, and rock. T-Swift had her early country phase too.

Since we're doing this I listen to Radiohead, The Beatles, Miles Davis, Ramones, The Divine Comedy, Stevie Wonder, Depeche Mode, Public Enemy, John Cage, and Scott Walker which covers a lot more ground than either of you guys Smiley
soundchaser

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.26

P P P
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2022, 11:19:16 AM »

Those are all emo bands.
The bolded ones are not by any reasonable standard.
It痴 only Emo if it comes from the Emeaux region of the American Midwest. Otherwise it痴 just sparkling angst.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2022, 11:20:33 AM »

Haven't heard of all yours but aren't they all some variation of pop-punk? His at least covers alternative/indie, pop, and rock. T-Swift had her early country phase too.
Explosions in the Sky, Orchid, On Broken Wings, Converge, The Ghost Inside...pop-punk.

LMAO!
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2022, 12:40:57 AM »

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Outside of his liking Bob dylan, BRTD likes to plain how eclectic his musical tastes are, but only because he is one of the few people on Earth who can distinguish between emo screen core and screencore emo, etc.

The narrow tunnel vision of his musical taste never fail to remind me of that one line from The Blues Brothers when Jake and L would ask a bartender what type of music they play there. She perkily responded " we have both types here. Country, and western!"
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2022, 01:04:59 AM »
« Edited: December 10, 2022, 01:09:34 AM by I will not be your victim, I will not bathe in your flames »

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Outside of his liking Bob dylan, BRTD likes to plain how eclectic his musical tastes are, but only because he is one of the few people on Earth who can distinguish between emo screen core and screencore emo, etc.

The narrow tunnel vision of his musical taste never fail to remind me of that one line from The Blues Brothers when Jake and L would ask a bartender what type of music they play there. She perkily responded " we have both types here. Country, and western!"

So...you're saying that very few people on Earth are able to distinguish between these two songs' genres and would think they basically sound the same?

LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2022, 03:30:35 AM »

my tag cloud
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »