Would you rather live in South Dakota or Florida?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 12:44:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Would you rather live in South Dakota or Florida?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
South Dakota

Florida

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 47

Author Topic: Would you rather live in South Dakota or Florida?  (Read 635 times)
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 29, 2022, 10:05:12 PM »

Well?
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2022, 09:53:25 AM »

South Dakota, I guess? Even though I'm a bit of an urbanite these days. But I can't imagine walking outside every day and despising it the way I would in Florida. But specifically the Western part where it turns to hills.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2022, 06:59:36 PM »

South Dakota, easily.

Even ignoring my inherent, cartoonish bias against Florida, even if I had nothing else against the state I just don't think I could take it's climate for most of the year. So any temperate or colder climate is more agreeable to me.
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2022, 07:49:00 PM »

I know Florida was still very bad on this metric, but I would rather not live in South Dakota with it being the state where there was a Governor who handled Covid-19 the absolute worst in the nation.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2022, 07:59:23 PM »

Yeah somewhere in the Black Hills outside the tourist trap zone (if such exists), might be acceptable. Back in college, circa 1970, en route from here to there, I visited McGovern's hometown in SD (the name currently escapes me, but it is the arable cropland belt in the eastern part of the state as I recall), which McGovern pined to purchase the richest man's house, and finally succeeded in acquiring the nondescript quiet modest brick home (albeit on a desirable corner lot)  when he made a success of himself in the big city. The temperature was close to 110 degrees Fahrenheit with about 85% humidity, a veritable natural sauna bath. Oh, the crazy things the obsessive do. Pray for us all. Amen.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2022, 07:50:40 AM »

I have a customer in Miami Beach and I saw his house on Google Maps. It's the end dream of any real estate collection.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2022, 10:01:36 AM »

Florida for sure.
I’m not Stu
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2022, 11:08:11 AM »

South Dakota because it's a much redder state than Florida and it takes fewer people to move there to make it less GOP because it's less populated.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2022, 11:52:16 AM »

Yeah somewhere in the Black Hills outside the tourist trap zone (if such exists), might be acceptable. Back in college, circa 1970, en route from here to there, I visited McGovern's hometown in SD (the name currently escapes me, but it is the arable cropland belt in the eastern part of the state as I recall), which McGovern pined to purchase the richest man's house, and finally succeeded in acquiring the nondescript quiet modest brick home (albeit on a desirable corner lot)  when he made a success of himself in the big city. The temperature was close to 110 degrees Fahrenheit with about 85% humidity, a veritable natural sauna bath. Oh, the crazy things the obsessive do. Pray for us all. Amen.

I believe he was FROM Avon, but but by the time of his Senate and Presidential runs he lived in Sioux Falls.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2022, 12:01:46 PM »

I almost applied to college in South Dakota because it was so far away from everything I'd ever known. Plus its most important characteristic is that it's not Florida. Easy SD vote.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2022, 12:04:46 PM »

Come on. Even I, a normal Florida hater, would say Florida.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2022, 12:27:23 PM »
« Edited: December 01, 2022, 12:44:30 PM by Torie »

Yeah somewhere in the Black Hills outside the tourist trap zone (if such exists), might be acceptable. Back in college, circa 1970, en route from here to there, I visited McGovern's hometown in SD (the name currently escapes me, but it is the arable cropland belt in the eastern part of the state as I recall), which McGovern pined to purchase the richest man's house, and finally succeeded in acquiring the nondescript quiet modest brick home (albeit on a desirable corner lot)  when he made a success of himself in the big city. The temperature was close to 110 degrees Fahrenheit with about 85% humidity, a veritable natural sauna bath. Oh, the crazy things the obsessive do. Pray for us all. Amen.

I believe he was FROM Avon, but but by the time of his Senate and Presidential runs he lived in Sioux Falls.

It was Mitchell, and I believe this is the house, which has been spruced up since I last saw it in 1970.

It has a Frank Lloyd Wright feel, but was built in 1900 before FLR. Well maybe not, FLW started his practice in 1886, and this one was designed and built in Oak Park in 1897. Interesting!

John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2022, 12:38:12 PM »

Come on. Even I, a normal Florida hater, would say Florida.

Yeah, the Great Plains states might be the tipping point for me too. I would probably enjoy Omaha and parts of ND, but the rest of the region, especially OK, is not good.
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2022, 12:44:58 PM »

Florida because I walk a lot and would rather not be hit by the former SD Attorney General.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2022, 12:51:23 PM »

Yeah somewhere in the Black Hills outside the tourist trap zone (if such exists), might be acceptable. Back in college, circa 1970, en route from here to there, I visited McGovern's hometown in SD (the name currently escapes me, but it is the arable cropland belt in the eastern part of the state as I recall), which McGovern pined to purchase the richest man's house, and finally succeeded in acquiring the nondescript quiet modest brick home (albeit on a desirable corner lot)  when he made a success of himself in the big city. The temperature was close to 110 degrees Fahrenheit with about 85% humidity, a veritable natural sauna bath. Oh, the crazy things the obsessive do. Pray for us all. Amen.

It was Mitchell, and I believe this is the house, which has been spruced up since I last saw it in 1970.

To me that looks like a generic very large bungalow. I want to say the Summers had a similar house in Buffy.
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2022, 01:50:43 PM »

south dakota
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2022, 04:12:09 PM »