Unpopular take; Trump is still a stronger R nominee than DeSantis (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 05:54:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Unpopular take; Trump is still a stronger R nominee than DeSantis (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Unpopular take; Trump is still a stronger R nominee than DeSantis  (Read 1782 times)
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: November 29, 2022, 09:39:49 PM »
« edited: November 29, 2022, 09:46:45 PM by MT Treasurer, Axed with Lax »

Not really, the OP is just passing off his unsubstantiated opinions as facts, like he did when he was adamant that Trump had "hit the Republican ceiling in Florida in 2020" and that there was no way DeSantis was going to win in a landslide in 2022.

Case in point:

1)

While it is true that there are def "never-Trumpers" out there who would vote for DeSantis but not Trump in a GE, this is a pretty small group

(citation needed)

2)

Furthermore, you have a large chunk of Trump supporters that just wouldn't show up to vote for DeSantis in a GE

(citation needed)

3)

Finally, I think while DeSantis may be relatively young and have a cute family, he is relatively uncharismatic.

He provides no evidence for #1 and #2. More importantly, however, all of his (evidence-free) 'arguments' leave the actual argument by most outside observers (not just on the right) as to why DeSantis would be more 'electable' than Trump (not that he’d be a shoo-in or anything, he wouldn’t!) unaddressed:

Ik especially after his landslide re-election in 2022, a lot of people have been pointing to DeSantis as a potential R nominee who would come with a lot go Trump's strengths but without his baggage. However, I'm skeptical.

In spite of its length, this is not a very compelling post at all.

I personally prefer to work with actual data points (e.g. election results which show that Trump has cost the party virtually every competitive national/federal race since 2016, polling data on Trump's abysmal favorability ratings, etc.) rather than his supposed "charisma" over DeSantis (suffice it to say that I..... am not the only one who would disagree), but that’s just me.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2022, 05:03:15 PM »

"Who’d be a stronger nominee, the disgraced narcissistic former Republican president who has a 60% unfavorability rating, cost his party every election since 2017, encouraged an insurrection, and had the worst favorability ratings since the beginning of polling when he only barely beat the most unpopular Democratic nominee since the beginning of polling OR the popular swing/lean-R state governor who just won reelection by a historic landslide?"

"Oh geez, tough one. I’m gonna go with the former, personally. I think Republicans need the former to actually win elections. Smiley"
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies