Who do you prefer as a leader: Ron DeSantis, or Hugo Chavez? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:29:22 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Who do you prefer as a leader: Ron DeSantis, or Hugo Chavez? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
Hugo Chavez

Ron DeSantis

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 77

Author Topic: Who do you prefer as a leader: Ron DeSantis, or Hugo Chavez?  (Read 978 times)
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: December 03, 2022, 11:07:01 PM »

Oil price go up

All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2022, 11:10:29 PM »
« Edited: December 03, 2022, 11:22:05 PM by All Along The Watchtower »

Oh wait, you meant:

Who would you prefer as leader of a polity?

Are we including DeSantis as President of Venezuela and Chavez as President of the US as options? Because otherwise this is a dumb and meaningless comparison.

EDIT:
I mean, on what axis could Chavez be better than DeSantis on that a majority of people here prefer him to DeSantis? Economics? Trans issues? Upholding democracy?

A Venezuelan DeSantis would make most citizens long for even Maduro (let alone High Energy Hugo) after he murdered trans people, leftists,  and other “degenerates”, declared a military dictatorship, and enriched his friends and family at the expense of the starving masses, so yeah, hard pass in that case!
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2022, 02:02:43 PM »

Again,

A Venezuelan DeSantis would make most citizens long for even Maduro (let alone High Energy Hugo) after he murdered trans people, leftists,  and other “degenerates”, declared a military dictatorship, and enriched his friends and family at the expense of the starving masses, so yeah, hard pass in that case!

All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2022, 11:59:52 AM »

Atlas never ceases to amaze me. It's telling that there are hordes of Venezuelans fleeing to Florida and no Floridians fleeing to Venezuela.

I can’t speak for others but I read the actual poll question, which was about who would you want as leader of a polity. That’s a more abstract and theoretical question than who would you support IRL in light of how these men actually exist.

Hugo Chavez in America would be very different from Hugo Chavez in Venezuela, and vice versa in the case of Ron DeSantis.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies