Who do you prefer as a leader: Ron DeSantis, or Hugo Chavez? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:22:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Who do you prefer as a leader: Ron DeSantis, or Hugo Chavez? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
Hugo Chavez

Ron DeSantis

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 77

Author Topic: Who do you prefer as a leader: Ron DeSantis, or Hugo Chavez?  (Read 972 times)
Lexii, harbinger of chaos and sexual anarchy
Alex
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« on: December 03, 2022, 04:34:11 PM »

Hugo Chavez drastically reduced poverty in Venezuela, and the constitution he initially passed is more favorable to third parties and political organizations outside government affiliation than what was previously the standard in the country. DeSantis is clearly more authoritarian.
:Facepalm:
Alex
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2022, 01:23:45 AM »
« Edited: December 04, 2022, 01:31:12 AM by Lexii »

Hugo Chavez drastically reduced poverty in Venezuela, and the constitution he initially passed is more favorable to third parties and political organizations outside government affiliation than what was previously the standard in the country. DeSantis is clearly more authoritarian.
:Facepalm:

He is literally a tankie so what do you expect?
My expectations for PSOL's foreign policy/international politics views are already extremely low,. don't worry, it's just that it hits heavier when it's about a country i have a very close personal connection to. I'm not that opposed to people defending the early Chavez years (despite the blatant corruption, blooming authoritarianism and overall signs of poor government and economic management), but the latter years, which I'd say begin as early as 2006/7 with the RCTV case are like defending Lukashenko or other "managed democracy" authoritarian leaders who ended up seriously damaging their countries in every way imaginable
Alex
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2022, 06:50:59 AM »
« Edited: December 08, 2022, 03:25:48 AM by Lexii »

Again,

A Venezuelan DeSantis would make most citizens long for even Maduro (let alone High Energy Hugo) after he murdered trans people, leftists,  and other “degenerates”, declared a military dictatorship, and enriched his friends and family at the expense of the starving masses, so yeah, hard pass in that case!

How is that worse than Maduro?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies