2024 West Virginia Governor: See Morrisey run
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:29:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  2024 West Virginia Governor: See Morrisey run
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: 2024 West Virginia Governor: See Morrisey run  (Read 3595 times)
JMT

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2023, 03:37:49 PM »

Dave Hedgehog
Rookie
United Kingdom
« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2023, 05:54:06 PM »

Well he got hammered last time; not quite sure what he'd have been expecting this time round. It's West Virginia ffs
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2023, 11:26:22 PM »

J.B McCuskey has dropped out of the Governor's race, and will run for Attorney General instead.

Two-term state Auditor J.B. McCuskey, who was competing in a crowded field for governor, has pivoted to the attorney general’s race instead.

McCuskey said on MetroNews’ “Talkline” that he had thought the timing was right to run for governor, but he soon realized he had entered a crowded, competitive field. “I was surrounded by candidates who were going to have significantly more resources than I did,” he said.

So he concluded that his executive branch tenure and legal background would be a better fit right now in the attorney general’s race. The attorney general is West Virginia government’s top lawyer, representing state agencies in court and taking the lead on lawsuits instigated by the state.

McCuskey, a former delegate from Kanawha County, has served as state auditor since 2017 and has said he believes in filling no more than two terms.

“My experience as the auditor and in the legal community makes a great fit for me to continue to serve in West Virginia as the attorney general,” McCuskey, a Republican, said on “Talkline.”

The attorney general’s race already has two Republican candidates in the primary. state senators Ryan Weld and Mike Stuart.

McCuskey has already drawn fire from at least one of his primary opponents on social media.

JMT

« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2023, 06:36:15 AM »

This is still a Safe Republican race in my opinion, but Democrats will have a noteworthy candidate, which is never a bad thing:

Duke of York

« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2023, 10:27:53 AM »

This is still a Safe Republican race in my opinion, but Democrats will have a noteworthy candidate, which is never a bad thing:

How high do you think he could get. It would be nice to see a competitive race in West Virginia.
JMT

« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2023, 10:55:03 AM »

How high do you think he could get. It would be nice to see a competitive race in West Virginia.

Ben Salango got 30% in 2020. He was also a credible candidate, but was running against a popular incumbent. Given this is an open seat race, maybe Williams could get 35% or so? I don’t see a Democrat getting much higher than that, though (Manchin probably gets around 40% in his re-election bid, but that’s probably where his ceiling is).
Flyersfan232

« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2024, 07:56:07 AM »

any recent primary polls?
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2024, 06:10:45 AM »

So it is either a forlorn hope of re-election or retirement for him, then. 

He did not preclude either running for reelection or for POTUS, nor did he rule out running as a Pub for either office.

I think he has.
Flyersfan232

« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2024, 03:33:36 AM »

So it is either a forlorn hope of re-election or retirement for him, then. 

He did not preclude either running for reelection or for POTUS, nor did he rule out running as a Pub for either office.

I think he has.

2017 was  his last chance at becoming a republican i think he said he might have endorse trump at some point in 2017 too though that was liekly manchin doing what he can to help his odds of relection
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies