Presidential "Farewell" Address
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 03:22:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Presidential "Farewell" Address
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Presidential "Farewell" Address  (Read 1311 times)
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 05, 2004, 10:01:38 PM »

I put farewell in parenthesis because I'm certainly not leaving Fantasy politics at all or any such, like real world Presidents do. However, as Gustaf has now assumed office, I would like to make a final farewell.

Live, from Marquette, MI.

My fellow Atlasians, this is indeed a good day for our Forum. Gustaf is a fine man. He and I agree on more issues than we disagree. I feel that he will be a fine President, and I encourage all of you, no matter what your political party, to try to work with him and the UAC. Whether we may be satisfied with the results of the election or not, the fact of the matter is that the UAC won a mandate for change. They won the Presidency, and gained in the Senate. They clearly have a mandate, and we should respect the will of the voters and attempt to work with them, not against them.

This does not mean surrendering our principles by any means. Certainly all of us should continue to advocate for our cause, whatever it may be. But at the same time, we should respect the will of the people, and give Gustaf a fair chance to see what he can do.

We do also, however, have a duty to oppose legislation that we feel is wrong and unjust. I'm absolutely not advocating rolling over, but at the same time, I feel that in recent weeks there has been too much reflexive anti-UAC hatred and that is not good for the Forum. Let's all give the UAC a fair chance to see what they can do. If they fail to provide the leadership that the Forum is looking for, then that case can be made against them in the next election.

I would also like to comment on the China situation. I am very pleased to hear back from The Vorlon that we were able to avert that crisis without a war. I commend then Sec. of State Gustaf for doing a fine job handling that. I hope history will note that as yet another success of the Nym90 Administration. Hopefully the President will address this as well, in a speech of his own. We eagerly await the next scenario to be put forth by the Game Moderator.

As I stated before, I will continue to be a tireless advocate for my views, and for the newly created Atlas Forum Independence Party. I will also continue to work closely with members of the UAC, the United Left, and the Democrats. I hope that since all of us have more in common than not regarding our views, that we can coordinate campaigns and present a united front in many races.

Thank you, and good night.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2004, 10:03:55 PM »
« Edited: July 05, 2004, 10:06:55 PM by intermoderate »

Goodbye Mr. President, I thank you for your great service to the Atlas.

Farewell Hail to the Cheif
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2004, 10:09:23 PM »

Well Nym90, even though you are not President you will always be tops with me. Smiley

Thank you for what you have done for this forum, and thank you for being a good man, for the World needs more good men.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2004, 10:12:03 PM »

*manages to get himself in the rear end of the Presidential motorcade, disguised as a police officer*

*waves American flags*

*waves at mother*
Nation
of_thisnation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2004, 11:39:40 PM »

Woohoo! Awesome speech, Mr. President.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2004, 12:15:58 AM »

Good speech.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2004, 05:59:50 AM »

Good speech. Smiley I won't give a lengthy answer, since I think that is really encompassed in my own speech. Smiley Let's just say that I share the sentiments expressed by my predecessor.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2004, 02:28:14 PM »

(Another) Great speech Mr. President.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies