Proposal to simplify budgets and determine how regions and federal level works [GAME DISCUSSION]
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:06:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Proposal to simplify budgets and determine how regions and federal level works [GAME DISCUSSION]
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Proposal to simplify budgets and determine how regions and federal level works [GAME DISCUSSION]  (Read 112 times)
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 27, 2022, 07:57:32 PM »

Hi

I want to make the game better, and so I have the following proposals i'd like to address, and I expect the following things needs to have bipartisan approval and need to be passed on a federal level, also with general agreement of the regions.

The issues I face or are unclear to me:
1. The way federal authorities and regional authorities are arranged, where the line is very blurred on what a federal authority should be and what a regional authority should be.

This in particular makes arranging budgets complex and very unrealistic given a lot of things will be double taxed on each region (federally + regional budget law), and also would be ridicilously high.

The way i propose to fix the above thing

I would arrange that only regions do budgets to make things simpler. They do taxes and these kind of things. A percentage of a regional income should go to the federal level, what the only income should be of the federal level. What the rate should be can be decided, but it should be set federally to avoid competition within regions and should be equal across all regions with a set percentage rate that would go to the federal level.

The federal level would than be able to decide on what to spend the money they get from the regions, which specifically would be for what would be defined as federal authorities. Examples of decisions that should be made federally with that regard would be defence.

It makes no sense for example that the military should be done at a regional level. On regional level, education and healthcare for example can be taken care off for example

2. This would require that it would be better set and debated what a federal authority and a regional authority is, with no interference with clearer boundaries that are clear to everyone.

To make the game engaging and fun of course, some things should be handled on a federal level, other things should be done at a regional level. It's best for this to be balanced for game purposes. But overall the right spirit would be "big things" federally, "smaller things" regionally. In cases of budgets, it's one of the other and i thinik best done at the regional level.

3. Better UI and Oversight

To know what the regions or federal government is in need off better, and to better look up what the existing legislation is, i would work on a more centralized system to easier find existing laws, the constitution, to budgets (which IMO is important), so that one would be able to quickly find out what the laws are, without going through a jungle mess which might also deter newer players from joining the game, while other players would have an easier time avoiding making mistakes, proposing bills that have already been proposed before and so on.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies