Malaysia State Elections: Penang, Selangor, N9, Kelantan, T'ganu, Kedah 2023 and by-elections 2023 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 02:47:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Malaysia State Elections: Penang, Selangor, N9, Kelantan, T'ganu, Kedah 2023 and by-elections 2023 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Malaysia State Elections: Penang, Selangor, N9, Kelantan, T'ganu, Kedah 2023 and by-elections 2023  (Read 6070 times)
xelas81
Rookie
Falkland Islands (Islas Malvinas)

« on: December 17, 2023, 03:17:29 PM »

I don't see a situation where PH has some influence over this process and they don't give Selangor what it is owed.  

I do, and it's very simple. East Malaysia will get to 35% this time – there is the political will to give them what they want. Giving any seats to anyone that isn't EM will make that more difficult, just purely as a matter of arithmetic.

There is no political will to give more than one player what they want, especially if it involves expanding the House by sixty or more seats. East Malaysia trumps PH because East Malaysia might abandon Anwar, and PH never will.

I know that expanding the parliament size is almost always unpopular with the public but doesn't benefits of expansion for PH outweigh any decrease in their supports?
Honestly give East Malaysia 40% of their seats in exchange for less urban-rural malapportionment in West Malaysia.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies