What’s driving the change in Arizona? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:09:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  What’s driving the change in Arizona? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What’s driving the change in Arizona?  (Read 1072 times)
Damocles
Sword of Damocles
United States

« on: November 27, 2022, 05:14:59 AM »

I can only speak for myself. I moved down here because my employer paid me to. I wonder how many others came from the Pacific Northwest, California, the Northeast, and other heavily D-leaning places for similar reasons?

It’s also incredibly hot and dry out here unless you go to Sedona or Flagstaff or some other place. There just aren’t many places to have tons of rural communities. Outside of Phoenix and Tucson, on whatever suitable land is usable, it’s mostly just copper mines, cotton fields, citrus groves, and cattle ranches.

Those aren’t exactly conducive to a large, settled, permanent population. So you have a state where the overwhelming majority of its population live in just two metropolitan areas. Washington state is like that, and so are California and Nevada. It just took Arizona more time to follow this political development.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies