Is North Carolina cursed for Federal Dems statewide? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 04:46:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Is North Carolina cursed for Federal Dems statewide? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Is North Carolina cursed for Federal Dems statewide?  (Read 1362 times)
Spectator
United States

« on: November 27, 2022, 02:58:56 PM »

"Curses" are not a substitute for political analysis.
Do you agree with me that the clock is ticking for NC Republicans?

Look at places like suburban Wake County and south central Charlotte, and most of rural eastern NC can't drop for the Democrats much further anyway because it has a significant black population. It's like a slower Georgia trend...really it just takes a small shove for it to go to Tilt D.
Places like Cabarrus and Iredell are exploding in population though and staying deep red. They're kind of like Horry in SC.

Cabarrus County is zooming left and will likely vote blue by 2028. Lots of black migration there, much like the Atlanta suburbs. Iredell doesn’t seem to be shifting more rightward either. The only thing that can save the NC GOP for the decade is the counties in the east getting more Republican and boomer retirements. The trend lines in Charlotte metro and Raleigh metro are ugly and not getting better.
Spectator
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2022, 06:35:50 PM »

One thing I didn’t realize til now was that NC-Sen 2022 in an R+1ish environment was closer than NC-Pres 2016, which was D+2 nationally. I think sooner or later Dems will win a Senate or Presidential race this decade.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies