Scott Walker 2024?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 09:19:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Scott Walker 2024?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Scott Walker 2024?  (Read 1550 times)
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 23, 2022, 03:06:33 PM »

Scott Walker Wisconsin three times in four years. Strong contender for 2024?
TPIG
ThatConservativeGuy
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 1.91

« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2022, 03:17:07 PM »

Errr...he was still Mr. "Three times in four years" in 2016, except now he also has an electoral loss on his record and 4 years of being completely out of the political spotlight, so no...
Independents for Nihilism
Seef
Canada

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: 1.57

P
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2022, 03:20:04 PM »

Walker is to 2024 as Santorum was to 2016. Yesterday's man, and didn't really have a chance yesterday to begin with.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2022, 03:26:12 PM »

Scott Walker would be an atrocious candidate who wouldn’t even win his home state.
Torrain
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2022, 03:32:15 PM »
« Edited: November 23, 2022, 05:44:55 PM by Torrain »

I remember Walker's 2024 run - best I can remember, the only notable media he got out of it was when he claimed that he had a bald spot not because he was naturally thinning, but because he had once hit his head on a kitchen cabinet.

It was a story so needlessly weird that it got picked up on this side of the Atlantic:

BBC News: Who, What, Why: Can a bang on the head cause a bald spot?
US Republican presidential candidate Scott Walker says the hairless patch on his head comes from a scar he received from bumping his head while fixing a kitchen sink years ago. Can this be true?

Hard to see him doing any better than a Jim Gilmore-level performance in 2024.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2022, 06:24:21 PM »

He got out in 2016 to stop Trump so he'd just be helping Trump if he got in now.
Blow by blow, the passion dies
LeonelBrizola
YaBB God
Brazil

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2022, 06:27:37 PM »

Ron DeSantis is the Scott Walker of 2024
Medal506
United States

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2022, 09:46:32 PM »

Walker is to 2024 as Santorum was to 2016. Yesterday's man, and didn't really have a chance yesterday to begin with.

I feel like Marco Rubio is probably the Rick Santorum of 2024. He got millions of votes the first time and will get less than a thousand votes if he runs in 2024.
Pres Mike
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2022, 10:32:27 PM »

I feel like Marco Rubio is probably the Rick Santorum of 2024. He got millions of votes the first time and will get less than a thousand votes if he runs in 2024.
I don't think that is a fair comparison. The business wing of the Republican Party wanted Rubio in 2016. Like they did with Romney in 2012.

Santorum was the evangelical canidadte in 2012. That was Cruz in 2016.

But Trump showed that the business, evangelical and military wings of the GOP just aren't that important. The populist wing is the actual base. Not pastors, MBAs or ex generals.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2022, 11:50:09 PM »

Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2022, 09:29:04 AM »

Scott Walker (whom I'm not a fan of) should have run for his old job in 2022.  He didn't, so he's pretty much history now.

Here's something to think about:  Larry Sabato, in handicapping the 2016 Presidential race, considered Scott Walker the odds-on favorite for the 2016 GOP nomination.  He cited Walker's "hero" status to the conservative movement, his ability to carry Usually Blue Wisconsin, with the kind of conservative issue stances that drove the pre-Trump GOP.  His campaign never got off the ground, however; he was the biggest flop of all in 2016 (arguably, a bigger flop than Jeb).  It would have been interesting to see what would have happened, however, if Walker had gotten the kind of support and money that Jeb received.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2022, 10:11:08 AM »

LOL... Scott Walker is old news and appeals do nobody other than a few GOP corporate dolor cycles.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2022, 10:21:12 AM »

Who!?
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2022, 06:22:06 PM »

LOL... Scott Walker is old news and appeals do nobody other than a few GOP corporate dolor cycles.

If that’s the case then how did he Wisconsin 3 times in 4 years?
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2022, 11:50:24 PM »

Errr...he was still Mr. "Three times in four years" in 2016, except now he also has an electoral loss on his record and 4 years of being completely out of the political spotlight, so no...

This, although in his defense I'd say 2018 was a blue wave and the fact that he barely lost to Evers is still kind of worth noting.

Still, even aside from the narrowness of his loss, you're right, he's done now. He's irrelevant.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2022, 11:52:03 PM »

Scott Walker (whom I'm not a fan of) should have run for his old job in 2022.  He didn't, so he's pretty much history now.

Here's something to think about:  Larry Sabato, in handicapping the 2016 Presidential race, considered Scott Walker the odds-on favorite for the 2016 GOP nomination.  He cited Walker's "hero" status to the conservative movement, his ability to carry Usually Blue Wisconsin, with the kind of conservative issue stances that drove the pre-Trump GOP.  His campaign never got off the ground, however; he was the biggest flop of all in 2016 (arguably, a bigger flop than Jeb).  It would have been interesting to see what would have happened, however, if Walker had gotten the kind of support and money that Jeb received.

Do/did you support the controversial right-to-work law that Walker signed which prompted his 2012 recall? (I know that you tend to be a bit more liberal on labour/worker/"populist" issues.)
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2022, 07:04:26 AM »

Do/did you support the controversial right-to-work law that Walker signed which prompted his 2012 recall? (I know that you tend to be a bit more liberal on labour/worker/"populist" issues.)

No.

I do not support right to work laws.  I will also note that the Midwest Governor's that supported such laws were Never Trump Republicans.
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2022, 09:01:58 AM »

If that’s the case then how did he Wisconsin 3 times in 4 years?

No Timmy, you see, only #populist Republicans can win the rust belt /s
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2022, 12:53:59 PM »

No.

I do not support right to work laws.  I will also note that the Midwest Governor's that supported such laws were Never Trump Republicans.

Believe me, plenty of Trumpists avidly support right-to-work laws. Trump himself is far from pro-labor. I would post links proving as such, but there are far too many, so I’ll simply advice you to conduct a Google search for “Trump right to work laws” and see what that yields. You have every right to support Donald Trump and his party. You’re entitled to your own opinions and beliefs. However, you’re not entitled to your own set of facts, so just as you don’t get to lie about the election (state any debunked 2020 claim and I’m willing to waste my time proving it incorrect), you don’t get to pretend that Donald Trump or MAGA is in any way pro-labor or pro-worker.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2022, 03:02:26 PM »

Not even that. Santorum was the runner-up in 2012. Santorum flopped in 2015 big time.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2022, 12:33:50 AM »

Walker would make a great running mate for a DeSantis, but other than that, he's got no real chance at national relevance going forward.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2022, 12:38:58 AM »

Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2022, 09:14:06 AM »

No.

Believe me, plenty of Trumpists avidly support right-to-work laws. Trump himself is far from pro-labor. I would post links proving as such, but there are far too many, so I’ll simply advice you to conduct a Google search for “Trump right to work laws” and see what that yields. You have every right to support Donald Trump and his party. You’re entitled to your own opinions and beliefs. However, you’re not entitled to your own set of facts, so just as you don’t get to lie about the election (state any debunked 2020 claim and I’m willing to waste my time proving it incorrect), you don’t get to pretend that Donald Trump or MAGA is in any way pro-labor or pro-worker.

The Midwest Governors that actually imposed Right to work laws were Bush supporter Mitch Daniels and Never trumpet Rick Snyder.  Those are facts.

Republicans have always stopped short of making Right to Work a part of their national platform because of their need for union voted in the Midwest and West.  Nixon, himself, explicitly said so.  Trump is not pro-union in the sense a Democratic pol might be, bu it's the Bush and Romney Republicans who have pushed the issue in recent years.
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2022, 05:31:12 PM »

Ron DeSantis is the Scott Walker of 2024
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix